Farming Dyna Currency
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-12 08:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, you generally don't want to hold mobs to proc them. The only time we hold is when there are no respawns up or we are down to our last 5 minutes so we won't see repops anyway.
 Fenrir.Idevlboy
Server: Fenrir
user: idevlboy
By Fenrir.Idevlboy 2011-12-12 08:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Fenrir.Idevlboy said: »
Edit: Krizz, how far along are you on Aegis? :D
~20%

I didn't update my tracker last night after our run so I'm not sure exactly. Halfway done with Bynes, ~150 short from halfway on Whiteshells. And a lot go on Bronzepieces, of course.

Not too bad!! You definitely won't regret the hard work you put into it! I finished mine not too long ago and <3 it! Working on Excal now :D

Asura.Sechs said: »
Sigh, DNC/00 definitely not worth it seems. Wish I had bothered to look for details about it earlier :(

I know I'm not solo on dnc but I wish I had done more research too >.< I'm going to try bringing my dnc char as relic/empy mnk/dnc and thf as /dnc tonight and see how much difference it makes on currency.
 Titan.Bomber
Server: Titan
user: Bomber
By Titan.Bomber 2011-12-12 08:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I trio Dyna Bubu THF/DNC ,BST/DNC and DNC/-- average 250-310+ singles/run depending on competition and if mobs are *** and many drop only 1 or 2 ...(i have gotten 1 coin/mob w/ TH9 on em) we have done subless DNC twice already saw 1 white :) the DNC just helps and doesnt take coins so is split between me and BST but im letting BST get all bronze cuz hes on final stage of Aegis still is good pretty quick cash lol
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-12 08:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've bumped the MNK leveling THF up to pretty much our top priority. I feel like we're wasting so much time without it. (Not just for dyna either, Abyssea mobs are being *** with seals and +2 items. I got 3 PLD seals out of like 10 NMs Saturday.)
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-12-12 08:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit OT, but you guys used Dyna runs to help you finance your relics or you *completely* funded them with dyna runs?
Because completely funding them through dyna runs would take around 5+ months, supposing you get an average of 150 coins per run, 5 runs a week (a non particularly hardcore scenario, but still pretty intense if you ask me)

I'm planning to completely fund (or close to that) through dynamis runs, but 5 runs a week for 5 months... will I manage to keep up with that or get bored midway through?
Still worth trying though, even if I decide I'm a failure and stop doing my horn, I'll still be able to sell the currency I've farmed for some gil ;)
 Titan.Bomber
Server: Titan
user: Bomber
By Titan.Bomber 2011-12-12 08:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've bumped the MNK leveling THF up to pretty much our top priority. I feel like we're wasting so much time without it. (Not just for dyna either, Abyssea mobs are being *** with seals and +2 items. I got 3 PLD seals out of like 10 NMs Saturday.)
Yes THF is awesome in abyssea i lvled it for same reason i think all head,gloves,feet,pants seal NMs can be duoed now THF/NIN+BLM/WHM and some body seal NMs like amarok
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-12 08:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

We've spent maybe 1.2m-1.5m on currency so far. Not doing it anymore though until prices lower and stabalize. (There are exceptions for certain prices we find though)

We do our best to run 7 days a week. We're also leveling second chars so we can do additional runs when time permits (like the weekends). Second setup will be DNC, DNC, THF.

As far as getting bored midway through, that's why I'm not turning in any currency until I have all of it and all of the other items needed.

Edit: 400 currency/day would build an Aegis in 44 days (ignoring the fact that you need 10000 more bronzepieces than anything else)

Edit2: 3679/12500 29.432%
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-12 08:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Bomber said: »
Yes THF is awesome in abyssea i lvled it for same reason i think all head,gloves,feet,pants seal NMs can be duoed now THF/NIN+BLM/WHM and some body seal NMs like amarok
Well we can already kill a majority of the NMs we need as WHM/BLM+DNC/???+MNK/THF. It's just getting ***to actually drop that's the issue. I started leveling my BLM again yesterday towards 75 to be able to proc reliably instead of waiting for lightsday/darksday for the change of a light magic proc. I should still be able to cure well enough /WHM since I have a bottomless MP pool in Abyssea.
 Fenrir.Idevlboy
Server: Fenrir
user: idevlboy
By Fenrir.Idevlboy 2011-12-12 08:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit OT, but you guys used Dyna runs to help you finance your relics or you *completely* funded them with dyna runs?

I am working on my 3rd relic since the change in dyna. It takes approx ~2-3mo to finish running 7 days a week. But I have 3 characters and I do a ton of crafting to buy more coins. I invest on average 20-30m into buying coins and farm the rest.

Finished Aegis in 73 days and invested 21m in buying coins. I have 5300 coins to go to finish Excal and I'm currently on day 33 and I have invested 32m so far.

The farming for Aegis was done almost completely in city zones tho. So that slowed things down a bit.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-12-12 08:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

21m only? That's way less than I expected. People in my LS fund like >60% of their relics. I could probably afford 20m as well, and I'm notoriously one without gil and without resources to make gil.

Still, 7 runs a week is a lot for me, I struggle logging everyday. Someone give me money every month so I don't have to work anymore! ><
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-12-12 08:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Because completely funding them through dyna runs would take around 5+ months, supposing you get an average of 150 coins per run, 5 runs a week (a non particularly hardcore scenario, but still pretty intense if you ask me)

I'm planning to completely fund (or close to that) through dynamis runs, but 5 runs a week for 5 months... will I manage to keep up with that or get bored midway through?
Still worth trying though, even if I decide I'm a failure and stop doing my horn, I'll still be able to sell the currency I've farmed for some gil ;)

I've been working on Aegis with a duo partner. I haven't purchased any currency. It's been about 2-2.5 months and I'm at 766/10,000 on the final stage right now. I'm at the point right now that I am kind of bored of it, but I do it anyways. I won't regret playing through the boredom when I finish it.

Alone as BST/DNC I get 160-190. The 190 end is only when I'm very lucky and get 3-4 coins on many kills. I duo with a NIN/DNC and we usually get 230-260 depending on competition. All the coins go to me so I don't get less because of splitting. We try to get at least 6 times a week. As long as I get above 150 alone and we duo at least once that's 1,000 coins+ per week so approx 10 Weeks for 10k.
There will be weeks when I get more (1200-1300~), but generally I make ~1100 per week. When I'm nearing the end I will likely buy some and cut off a week or 2. Trying to avoid getting a loan for the end because getting a return of 30 Silverpieces that I can keep would be a nice reward at the end lol.

Also, a lot of people underestimate the difference in coins going from TH0 to TH2.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-12-12 08:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think a lot of people underestimate TH0>TH2 in general.
Once someone said that the difference you have from TH0 to TH2 is the same you have from TH2 to TH10.
Now... that clearly was an hyperbole, but it's pretty clear that the first two TH steps provide a big chunk of %, whereas the latter ones provide a very small one. Which is no surprise, that's the case with a lot (the majority?) of job traits.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-12-12 08:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

only problem i seem to be having with dreamlands is the random *** links cuz of wierd camps or w/e, any sugestions on camps/mobs to do for zone ?
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2011-12-12 08:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Made an Aegis first, didn't really keep track of how long it took. Probably at least 90% of the coins were farmed from dyna. Working on Mjollnir now, started on Nov 20, and I'm 500/500. 1600/1600, 4040/6200, and 4214/7000. Granted, I had a bit of a cheat headstart of 15 silvers from the Aegis. At this point I'm only buying equal to what I sell in bynes because I'm done with them. Should only take me about 2 more weeks to finish. In a duo (with me as dnc/thf or thf/dnc or whm/dnc and partner as sam,mnk,nin/dnc) we get 300-500 coins a run depending on TH on 100 drops.

5 months isn't really all that bad when you consider what it used to take a make a relic :p If you think you'll get bored, just don't turn in the stages and keep your currency. Worst case, after 3 months you'll have a ton of currency to sell.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-12-12 08:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Moonlightespada said: »
only problem i seem to be having with dreamlands is the random *** links cuz of wierd camps or w/e, any sugestions on camps/mobs to do for zone ?
Over the last 10ish runs I've been farming Valkurm. There's a moving camp on the SE (sorta?) part of the map.
Start with trees (there's also a NM, but watch out for him because if you're solo and get links it could be dangerous) then move toward Konschtat zone to Orctraps, the move further towards kon to Sheeps.

Trees > Orctraps > Sheeps.

Orctraps seems to link like crazy, they're overall easy I'd say but have a nasty Sleepga TP move that works like Diabolos' sleep. You stay slept even if you get damage, and it takes a while to wake up. Of course poison pots do not work. Cure from another pt member works instead.
Sheep have the same problem, but they seemed to be less link-crazy to me.
Trees are insanely easy, love them. Wish I could fight trees all the time >_>

Haven't tested Qufim, did a run in Bubu instead, think it was Mandies > Crabs > Vultures.
Not too bad. Vultures are easy but can be dangerous sometimes, and have high eva. Crabs are lol (the debuff is nasty but can just healing waltz it) and Mandies are easy too.
Don't remember if the Mandies Sleep TP move is the same as the ones I mentioned for Valk, which totally annoy me.
Tested Bubu only once and long time ago though, I might have forgot something.
Kinda like the Valk camp I posted, but I'm growing really annoyed of the sleep thing. It's np when you duo/trio with someone out of range, but when you solo it's terribly frustrating (and can lead to potential wipes, at the wrong time)

Bismarck.Moonlightespada said: »
If you think you'll get bored, just don't turn in the stages and keep your currency. Worst case, after 3 months you'll have a ton of currency to sell.
Oooh but that's for sure! Lost count of how many people (back in the old dyna days) I saw gave up with already half-completed weapons.
The thought of all those wasted coins always made me cry a bit inside :'(
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-12 08:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to solo, then DNC/THF, THF/DNC, NIN/DNC, or BST/DNC are your best bets.

But as far as I can tell, unless you enjoy being alone, or you prefer to do your Dynamis farming at odd hours when your friends are offline .... there's no reason to solo.

As a NIN/DNC, THF/DNC, WHM/NIN trio, in Dynamis-Qufim, it isn't uncommon to rake in 350 or 400 singles (total) in a 2-hour run. Just fan-out at the start to get the TE mobs in an efficient manner, then rotate mob type based on the game clock, and be sure to trigger "!!" and plant a TH on every mob pulled.

It's shockingly easy. Gets pretty monotonous after a while, but if you can stand the boredom, and you have good teammates, it's very possible to accumulate 2000 singles in five 2-hour runs during a week.

You could add a 4th person as DNC/00, if you really want to try to go for the white "!!" ... but if that person is taking an even-split and your group ends the run with zero white "!!" procs, then you lose out. Kinda like doubling-down in blackjack; you could win big, or you could take a bath, and it all depends on luck.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-12 09:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
In a duo (with me as dnc/thf or thf/dnc or whm/dnc and partner as sam,mnk,nin/dnc) we get 300-500 coins a run depending on TH on 100 drops.
[+]
By Calipso 2011-12-12 09:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

In a duo (with me as dnc/thf or thf/dnc or whm/dnc and partner as sam,mnk,nin/dnc) we get 300-500 coins a run depending on TH on 100 drops.

I like to go whm/dnc like once a week just to have fun :P I have the th augmented sash, we still get like 50~ coins less than normal but it's not too bad. Usually average 300-320 if I'm whm. Got a few 2200-2300s that aren't in there >_>
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-12 09:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Calipso said: »

I like to go whm/dnc like once a week just to have fun :P I have the th augmented sash, we still get like 50~ coins less than normal but it's not too bad. Usually average 300-320 if I'm whm. Got a few 2200-2300s that aren't in there >_>
I don't want to derail the thread into WHM/DNC. Will you send me a PM with some itemsets you use? I love the idea of WHM/DNC. Two of my favorite jobs, and my DNC is already subjob ready.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-12-12 09:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
unless you enjoy being alone
Naah...
I mean, every now and then it can be good an relaxing doin something solo, but for me doin something with friends >>>>>> doin that something solo.
It's just that most of the times I feel like I'm begging, and I hate that feeling.
If I'll be able to find a friend to duo things with I'll go for that for sure.
Lately I've been helping a dear friend who's almost done with Mandau, letting him get all the currency (no split).
I'm sure he won't mind helping me in return for a few runs, but of course I can't expect him (and I won't demand) to help me all the way through for my Horn.

Getting a random person I don't know to do regular/scheduled Dyna runs everyday wouldn't be good for me instead, I'd feel bound by the pressure of having to "owe" him our daily runs, and my rl doesn't really allow me that degree of freedom nowadays.
A few years ago it would have been definitely possible of course.
By Calipso 2011-12-12 12:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

]
I don't want to derail the thread into WHM/DNC. Will you send me a PM with some itemsets you use? I love the idea of WHM/DNC. Two of my favorite jobs, and my DNC is already subjob ready.
Sent!
Back on topic, I'd seriously recommend anyone doing CoP zones over city/outlands. Mobs are squishier and hurt a lot less, there's way more of them, and you don't have to deal with annoying ws/magic mobs. I'd also forget about white unless you're not gimping yourself getting it. (Not giving up TH or a lot of dmg/versatility). You'll average less coins in the long run. (As an example, to make up for the singles we lose if my group tried for white, we'd have to get at least 1 white procs a day. Not gonna happen).
By Creecreelo 2011-12-12 16:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

When my friend and I have time for Dynar, we usually go him Thf/dnc and me on Brd/dnc. We like to hit up Valk and sometimes Tav (only if no one else is in there though) since they're the most familiar to us.

Generally we walk away with 320-360 currency total, and the combo is just a lot of fun! :D

MR -> Evis = Darkness, which is really nice for taking down mobs swiftly, especially when they proc early.

Not to mention Marchx2/Minuet, Horde Lullaby II, Mazurka are pretty damn nice... <.<
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-14 22:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

120 currency + white proc =D

And literally 5 cleric's belts. Those things drop like crazy for us.

Also got 4 of the Forgotten Journey items.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-12-14 22:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo? Duo? Trio?
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-14 22:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »

Solo? Duo? Trio?
Trio
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-14 23:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »

Solo? Duo? Trio?
Dugtrio
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [314 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Tiffytazzy
user: tazkwondo
By Odin.Tiffytazzy 2012-10-24 00:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not better. Its different. BLU is limited to mp. BST is limited in TH.

I'm a long time bst solo'er of Dynamis and just recently started trying DNC/Thf for Dynamis. Before they nerfed the BST pets I would pull in 160-200 per run. Depending on competition. My best run was 247 single coins... on BST.

My first run on DNC/thf I managed just 98. I have much more to learn. One thing I need help on is self-skillchaining. I just don't feel I kill fast enough. On BST I am spending most of my time with my back to the mob because I am killing faster than I can proc.

I like the Dancer job and want to learn to play it better.
By Voren 2012-10-24 01:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tiffytazzy said: »
Its not better. Its different. BLU is limited to mp. BST is limited in TH.

I'm a long time bst solo'er of Dynamis and just recently started trying DNC/Thf for Dynamis. Before they nerfed the BST pets I would pull in 160-200 per run. Depending on competition. My best run was 247 single coins... on BST.

My first run on DNC/thf I managed just 98. I have much more to learn. One thing I need help on is self-skillchaining. I just don't feel I kill fast enough. On BST I am spending most of my time with my back to the mob because I am killing faster than I can proc.

I like the Dancer job and want to learn to play it better.

A solid skillchain dancer has, without an Empyrean, is Pyrrhic Kleos - Evisceration to make darkness.

If you don't have the Charis Bangles +2 this method, or any self skillchain on DNC, will be difficult, not impossible, but I've not been fast enough.

With Charis Bangles +2 you can build up 5 finishers, then 100TP, Pyrrhic Kleos - Reverse Flourish (gives an instant 100TP if merited and you have the Charis Bangles +2) - Evisceration. I usually do 700ish PK - 1,000ish Evisc - 1,000ish Darkness, anywhere between 2,500-3,00 total damage doing this.

I also have Fan Dance up for the oh-***moments when you do this and the mob decides to TP move, which if not /NIN or shadows are down, can drop a decent chunk of HP, with FD up I get a scratch.

There's other methods, but this works for me, however, I usually DNC/WAR for some extra kill speed, more DEF options, and an extra JA proc, but I'll be trying DNC/THF on a run soon.

Also, a BLU/DNC can proc MA, JA, and WS mobs if geared correctly, I've not done it, but saw a couple of solo BLU hitting one mob on all three rotations, I'm not sure how much currency they got, but competition was lower on WS and MA times.
 Odin.Tiffytazzy
user: tazkwondo
By Odin.Tiffytazzy 2012-10-24 09:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank You Voren. Darkness seems to be the way to go. Just a little disappointed since my Ruinators on BST go between 2600 and 4800 Reliably. Yet people laugh if you refer to it as a heavy dd.

Dancer just seems so versatile. Can get TP in hurry and can even main heal in a party setting. I wonder how much Hecatomb Wave would hit for with Fan Dance up? I will have to test out.
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-24 10:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy necro!
Btw, BLU isn't really limited by MP. They aren't limited by anything really. They can have TH2, mega self skillchain, self haste, heals that doesn't share cooldown with healing waltz, stun lock enemies, sleep adds, and a multitude of other utility if they want to set them.

It's also not as efficient for a BLU to stay at one camp unless they are dealing with competition. As BLU/DNC, I do JA camps but I do decent challenge where there's little to no competition.
If I proc right off the bat, I can do Chant du Cygne (1000-3000) + Chain Affinity/Efflux + Amorphic Spikes (3000-4000) resulting in a darkness (3000-4000). Total is between 7,000 to 11,000.

Dancer does fairly well solo, but where they really excel is in duo situations where haste samba benefits both and the multitude of procs allows for the duo to focus more on damage. However, as stated in Sylow's stickied thread, Dancer requires "VERY GOOD" gear in order to be competitive. AF3+2, Relic Legs, and a 90+ Twashtar are the key ingredients in terms of gear. Of course, if you're still full-timing Fan Dance instead of making the most out of Saber Dance, then no amount of gear will cover your lack of skill.
[+]