First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-10-01 00:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zabimaru said: »
Your OP was a troll right Mizu? If so kudos, it was very funny and generated 8 pages for you to enjoy; but if not... *sigh*... no I'd just rather not think about that possibility.

It was a legitimate post suggesting that PUP might be better for damage for something like VWNM due to the hate reset. I really don't need captian "I nuke in spiral ring" saying I'm trolling.

Most damage per nuke: Automaton > BLM

Most effective at nuking (speed/staggering/stunning): Automaton < BLM

Most effective at clearing hate: Automaton (1min) > BLM(10mins/Death)

Leaving at that. Good night. Please actually have played PUP or have a clear understanding of how the automaton works before you shoot it down. Oh, and I found this for you Dodu.

Leviathan.Dodu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-01 00:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Your OP was a troll right Mizu? If so kudos, it was very funny and generated 8 pages for you to enjoy; but if not... *sigh*... no I'd just rather not think about that possibility.

It was a legitimate post suggesting that PUP might be better for damage for something like VWNM due to the hate reset. I really don't need captian "I nuke in spiral ring" saying I'm trolling.

Most damage per nuke: Completely irrelevant

Most effective at clearing hate: Completely irrelevant

Leaving at that. Good night. Please actually have played PUP or have a clear understanding of how the automaton works before you shoot it down. Oh, and I found this for you Dodu.

Thanks.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-10-01 00:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
magic acc is unaffected by double weakness or even triple so blm can still stun and enfeeble fine. not "useless"

you should not post ever... just saying..
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-10-01 00:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Please actually have played PUP

Worste possible arguement anyone could ever possibly make towards a job.

FFXI is not hard in any way shape or form, its really sad if you think otherwise.

Anyone can read into a job and understand its mechanics jump onto it and play it perfectly within a few minutes, just like any job PUP is no exception.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-01 00:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said: »
Please actually have played PUP

Worste possible arguement anyone could ever possibly make towards a job.

FFXI is not hard in any way shape or form, its really sad if you think otherwise.

Anyone can read into a job and understand its mechanics jump onto it and play it perfectly within a few minutes, just like any job PUP is no exception.

You cut the quote off right where he said having played PUP wasn't mandatory.
 Phoenix.Pooman
Server: Phoenix
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-10-01 01:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jadecc said: »
it does.. its English
Nope~
 Bismarck.Gael
Server: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-10-01 01:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

(little question for Dodu : the numbers you said about enmity douse were w/ or w/o the af 3 hands +1-2 ?)
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-01 01:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I'm aware, nobody knows what they do to Enmity Douse. Numbers were run without.
 Bismarck.Gael
Server: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-10-01 01:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

ok thanks ^^
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-01 01:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Pooman said: »
Asura.Jadecc said: »
it does.. its English
Nope~

You're right, America doesn't have an official language. That doesn't mean you can actually get anywhere without speaking the language somewhat competently though.

I expect the same from anyone posting on these forums, first language or not. If you can't construct your posts in an intelligible manner, I'm not going to read it. I'm not nit-picky unless you're being an ***. Even broken English won't cause my brain to completely hurt, but there is some "English" that I just cannot read.

Related: I'd never post on a French forum because I cannot speak the language well enough. :x If I thought I could at least get my point across without causing everyone's brain to bleed, that would be a different story.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Server: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2011-10-01 02:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Most damage per nuke: Automaton > BLM

Most effective at clearing hate: Automaton (1min) > BLM(10mins/Death)

Wow so much fail... You do realize that Caitsith no longer exists and that the gear shown there is very old, In fact I was only back on Caitsith for a couple of weeks, from an almost 9 month break, before the merge happened and a lot had changed since I left mainly the cap wasn't 75 anymore and there was Abyssea, So my 76-90 gear was kinda crappy at that point since I just came back and was trying to level my jobs and learn about Abyssea and such. Plus I didn't want to invest in expensive gear right before the merge, the Icesoul rings in question were a lot cheaper on Ragnarok so I decided to wait to get them. I played for a couple of months on Ragnarok after the merge before quitting again in August.

Now back to your original post since you seem to wanna go at it.
While it's true that a BLM doesn't have a ~20sec delay between EACH spell casted, thus they are free to chain spells back to back (automaton frame can't stagger(iirc)), it doesn't necessarily mean that they "out nuke" a BLM frame.
Yeah, actually that's exactly what it means. You see if I can get off 2 nukes in a time span where you can only get 1 off, then, yeah, I outnuke you; period.

Just because in a particular screenshot (which god only knows what buffs and circumstances you benefited from) you manage to get a respectable nuking number does not make you an overall better nuker than BLM. That's like saying Andrew Bynum is the best basketball player on the Lakers' roster because he blocks more shots than Kobe Bryant.

By your reasoning I guess BLU is the best nuker in the game then.

Look my BLU just "outnuked" a BLM and on 5 mobs at once, I guess my BLU is worth 5 BLMs: "Nah guys, no need for all these BLMs to come, I'm bringing my BLU to nuke, we'll be fine"... Just because a PUP or a BLU can do more damage on a single nuke than a BLM (which I'm still not fully convinced a PUP can even do consistently btw), does not make them better nukers than BLM; they're not even close.

Heh, That just made me think of Bleach, that line that Shuhei says right after killing Findor. You seem to be as delusional as Findor it seems. Well anyway, that does it for me, please feel free to reply as I know people like you like to have the last word (although I warn you that I won't be reading it nor replying), but please refrain from PMing me again.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-10-01 02:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Topicbans issued. Chill.
 Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-01 02:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

To whom?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-10-01 02:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
To whom?
Obviously not you. (This time :P)
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-10-01 02:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

checking to see if im banned~

Edit: yay not me this time
 Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-01 02:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
To whom?
Obviously not you. (This time :P)
Too sick to cause trouble tonight
 Phoenix.Pooman
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-10-01 02:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Last off-topic post from me...
Is there a way to check if you're topicbanned? Or is just a pleasant surprise when you click submit?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-10-01 02:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if being topicbanned prevents edits/deletes. Otherwise no.
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-10-01 02:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said: »
I'm not sure if being topicbanned prevents edits/deletes. Otherwise no.
Apparently it doesn't keep from editing =/....
 Asura.Flowooo
Server: Asura
user: FloW
By Asura.Flowooo 2011-10-01 03:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pup nukes have their place. VW.

I enjoy soloing and doing all kinds off things with pup. Mostly low tier nms for ki's in aby. Though never an event in which pup actually brought usefullness.

Voidwatch did change that a bit though. If the fight is controlled (which it should, mob not running all over the place, or fail) pup can nuke really good.

Pup 93 on Voidwatch windy t4 was doing up to 2.1k thunder V.

Activate->ice maneuver->deploy+retrieve->water maneuver = 1400 Thunder V
3 x ice maneuver -> deploy+retrieve = 2.1k Thunder V ->deactivate+repeat

This does bout 3.5k dmg every 1 min 10 sec or so, hatefree, on something that actually matters, not exp mob.

Also every retrieve+deploy + the pet action itself gives pup messages too, so besides doing hatefree dmg, also doing a lot of hatefree actions on it, that give msg's.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-10-01 03:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

im behind the whole pup thing myself, i do see the dmg dealt with the auto + dealt by the player is quite a bit of damage, my only huge quirk about it is the current AI, which thankfully Camate let us know they were going to redo.
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Server: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2011-10-01 03:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Flowooo said: »
Pup nukes have their place. VW.

I enjoy soloing and doing all kinds off things with pup. Mostly low tier nms for ki's in aby. Though never an event in which pup actually brought usefullness.

Voidwatch did change that a bit though. If the fight is controlled (which it should, mob not running all over the place, or fail) pup can nuke really good.

Pup 93 on Voidwatch windy t4 was doing up to 2.1k thunder V.

Activate->ice maneuver->deploy+retrieve->water maneuver = 1400 Thunder V
3 x ice maneuver -> deploy+retrieve = 2.1k Thunder V ->deactivate+repeat

This does bout 3.5k dmg every 1 min 10 sec or so, hatefree, on something that actually matters, not exp mob.

Also every retrieve+deploy + the pet action itself gives pup messages too, so besides doing hatefree dmg, also doing a lot of hatefree actions on it, that give msg's.

I agree with what you say and I'm not saying that PUP is bad in any way or can't be a useful nuker. My only problem is when the OP says that PUP "outnukes" BLM. All because on a single nuke he manages to get more damage than most BLMs, but to me outnuking means you do more magic damage over the course of a fight or extended period of time.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-01 04:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This was nice to backread.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-01 04:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If SE manages to rebalance PUP to the point where there's a reason to bring it to stuff, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I've always thought it's a very neat job.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-10-01 05:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i really dont want to see the haste attachment sky rocket :( its one of the few im missing...
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-01 05:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

They should reduce entrance time on The Ashu Talif to 1/day instead of 1/week.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-10-01 05:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i thought it was 1/day
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-01 05:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said: »
i thought it was 1/day

Is it? I thought it as 1/week.
BRB wiki.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-01 05:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I stand corrected! I dunno, maybe they really need to increase the drop rates on these attachments or something.

It seems really unfair to PUP.
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2011-10-01 09:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but aside from all the other things blm brings to the table they also have access to Impact, and now that we have Manawell its crazy MP cost can be negated. I don't think PUP can lower every mobs attribute by 20% for 3 minutes. When you're dealing with Voidwatch that has a significant effect on the whole alliance's ability to perform, meaning all melees hit harder and suffer less damage. It's especially helpful for light potency during a synchronous blitz.

No I don't have a problem inviting PUP's, and no I don't dislike the job. I actually have some very good friends who play pup a lot. But the hard truth is they will never be a better source of magic damage and support than a true blm.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10