First Page 2 3 ... 9 10
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-10-01 09:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but aside from all the other things blm brings to the table they also have access to Impact, and now that we have Manawell its crazy MP cost can be negated. I don't think PUP can lower every mobs attribute by 20% for 3 minutes. When you're dealing with Voidwatch that has a significant effect on the whole alliance's ability to perform, meaning all melees hit harder and suffer less damage. It's especially helpful for light potency during a synchronous blitz.

No I don't have a problem inviting PUP's, and no I don't dislike the job. I actually have some very good friends who play pup a lot. But the hard truth is they will never be a better source of magic damage and support than a true blm.

(Slightly off topic; Lights go up by 2% for each 1% of the mob's HP you take off during a synchronous blitz yeah?)
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-10-01 09:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, don't forget those +3 staves will be released soon, 5% more dmg for for BLMs.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-10-01 10:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Also, don't forget those +3 staves will be released soon, 5% more dmg for for BLMs.

Automatons get +60% damage with Ice Maker :p But I digress. I do feel it's rather pointless to argue this now. There were plenty of excellent points (up until about page 3 when it switched to BLM vs SCH.) I'll just try going PUP next time my linkshell does VWNMs seeing as we always have the staggers covered anyway (except for automaton/wyvren/bst). Perhaps I'll just make another thread asking about PUPs that's done VWNM before... Oh.

Quote:
(which god only knows what buffs and circumstances you benefited from)

Ice Maneuver x3
Loud Speaker I (+22MAB; 20 + 10% from optic fiber)
Loud Speaker II (27 MAB; 25 + 10% from Optic Fiber)
Ice Maker (60% damage boost; 20% for each Ice Maneuver erased)
Mana Channaler (11 MAB; 10 + 10%)
Optimization 5/5 (+25 MAB)
+19 MAB (ACP Body Pet:MAB H2H empy earring)
Magic skill +20 (Currently 416, but was lower during 90 cap; Empy+2 pants + merits)
And since it was an abyssea, Beyond/Ultimate/MM. Sorry I didn't include those buffs before.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-10-01 10:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Bahamut.Bojack said: »

Automatons get +60% damage with Ice Maker :p

Well yes, but that's already being used for your damage. The +3 staves haven't been released yet so if there was a small gap of a couple hundred damage, it will made smaller or closed completely.
 Lakshmi.Dragoncloud
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Dragoncloud 2011-10-04 23:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say this was a really good arguement before abyssea and magicians. Good pups could pump out high amounts of damage, and they were in a league of their own. Now with all the temp items and new job abilities(such as elemental clerity) and junk, Black Mage has been able to nuke harder and a lot faster than ever before.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10