C. Souls Sell?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » C. Souls sell?
C. Souls sell?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-07-19 10:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Entourage said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
A real *** pain and hours of work since like 55 of then only dropped 1 *** soul with full TH.

souls wouldnt be so bad if this wasn't the norm. Double droppers are rare enough to make you jump for joy when you get two

This. I'm @ 24 and have only seen one double drop. All except one kill had TH x.x
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-19 10:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Entourage said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
A real *** pain and hours of work since like 55 of then only dropped 1 *** soul with full TH.

souls wouldnt be so bad if this wasn't the norm. Double droppers are rare enough to make you jump for joy when you get two

Yeah, the drop rate wouldnt annoy me so much if getting VNM claim/color change wouldnt be so bad.Very annoying when color change is such a low rate and everyone and their mothers want an ochain.If SE would make more vnms T2 pop it would make this so much easier.
 Ragnarok.Unafay
Server: Ragnarok
user: Unafae
By Ragnarok.Unafay 2011-07-19 10:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Entourage said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:

Umm yeah did that several times lol I hate t3's stupid sucky nms!!!
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-07-19 10:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Entourage said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:

Yeah, the drop rate wouldnt annoy me so much if getting VNM claim/color change wouldnt be so bad.Very annoying when color change is such a low rate and everyone and their mothers want an ochain.If SE would make more vnms T2 pop it would make this so much easier.

Be Even better if all abyssea T3s dropped souls...
That Asking too much?
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-07-19 10:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm ok with terrible pop/upgrade rates OR mediocre drop rates. What I'm not ok with is both on the same damn mob. Skirmish Pephredo also comes to mind as the same sort of deal, way back when. Never popped, and when he did, didn't drop. Stupid bee.

55 souls to go! /wrists
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2011-07-19 10:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Entourage said:
double edit: maybe it takes 10 minutes to kill with a Redemption.

Actually, it would probably take 20 minutes. Along with multiple deaths and possibly a wasted brew.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-19 10:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Legendarycloud said:
I still don't get why you think brewing T3's is stupid. Here's an example for you comparing dual boxing to brewing.

You have 3 sellers for T3 pops in Altepa.

Player dualboxing:

Pop first T3.
Spend 10 minutes killing. (Very rough numbers)
wait 15 minutes.
Pop second T3.
Spend 10 minutes killing.
wait 15 minutes.
Pop third T3.
Spend 10 minutes killing.

Time spent: 1 hour

Player brewing:

Pop first T3.
Kill in 15 seconds, lock brew.
wait 15 minutes.
Pop second T3.
Kill in 15 seconds, lock brew.
wait 15 minutes.
Pop third T3.
Kill in 15 seconds, go to town on random NMs people bring to you.

Time spent: 30 minutes, 45 seconds

Yay! 30 minutes saved and can move onto next group of pop sellers or whatever. Time is money and to many people cruor is less important than spending extra time.

So by spending less time doing meaningless ***like dualboxing a T3 you can move onto something more productive.

Have fun saving your cruor! :)
Thing with this, is that you want your cruor for the next trial, because those nms are an actual pain in the ***.VNM are easy sauce compared to adjaza/apademak.I am not saying they arent killable w/o brew but they can take alot longuer and be alot more annoying then killing T3 vnms.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-19 10:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Entourage said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:

Be Even better if all abyssea T3s dropped souls...
That Asking too much?
Wouldnt be asking to much considering what they did with +2 items*, and that would give ppl alot more option then just overcrowd 3 areas.Would be an actual nice solution.
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2011-07-19 10:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That's true, but you'll also have a much easier time finding help for those since people want the +2 upgrade items. The T3's have next to nothing to offer helpers.
By Entourage 2011-07-19 10:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, it would probably take 20 minutes. Along with multiple deaths and possibly a wasted brew.

best reply. you win. lol
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-19 10:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That's true, but you'll also have a much easier time finding help for those since people want the +2 upgrade items. The T3's have next to nothing to offer helpers.
If they make all T3 vnms dropping souls, I am pretty sure it will be more enjoyable for the helpers and make ls more willing to help.I am pretty sure some would want a pair of ocelot trousers or some +2 from T3 vnms in misareaux/attowa/vunkerl.
By Quiznor 2011-07-19 10:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont believe in any way in hell that guy is killing them in 1-2 mins without a brew.Maybe if you're throwing 6-10 people in a zerg all with empyreans at it.Because I've seen 2 very good empyrean MNKs not kill it in that quick a time.Hell it takes up to 45 seconds to kill one with a brew.

In more important news,bought my first colorless soul today.Got 47 of them myself without buying one.Bought my first today for 250k. /sigh 27 more to go.Thank god I already have my 75 azdaja horns x_x
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-19 10:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said:
I dont believe in any way in hell that guy is killing them in 1-2 mins without a brew.Maybe if you're throwing 6-10 people in a zerg all with empyreans at it.Because I've seen 2 very good empyrean MNKs not kill it in that quick a time.Hell it takes up to 45 seconds to kill one with a brew.

In more important news,bought my first colorless soul today.Got 47 of them myself without buying one.Bought my first today for 250k. /sigh 27 more to go.Thank god I already have my 75 azdaja horns x_x
Hell, I hope you finish soon :)
You already have the horns so I guess who cares if you use brew.Some1 on my server is doing the same.I just dont see why some1 would use all his brew on T3 vnms before having all his horns.Not like cruor is hard but it's still alot of time you have to input into cruor farming and god knows those party are boring.
By Entourage 2011-07-19 10:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

yea not 1 min. 2-3 mins is right. but really, if it lasts longer than that, then you took a big hit somewhere along the line. Are your emp monks consistently at 999 attack? they should be. Leviathan is a complete joke, Maere is equally as easy if you position correctly, Brulo is the hardest due to his apparent damage reduce, but hardly a challenge. (I'm a galka and can safely do it on WAR with my 4500 HP, which is faster than MNK).

250k for a soul, score! grats on the pre-gathered 75 horns. pro

edit: doing it slow doesn't make you any worse or w/e, Retaliation/Ukko's is just broke, I think most people agree
 Bahamut.Echojin
Server: Bahamut
user: echojin
By Bahamut.Echojin 2011-07-19 10:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Entourage said:
yea not 1 min. 2-3 mins is right.

edit: doing it slow doesn't make you any worse or w/e, Retaliation/Ukko's is just broke, I think most people agree

I was on rdm for almost every time I did it, and could pop 1 NM every time composure was up for rebuffing myself. Sometimes I even had to wait for the timer on it. This was with pull time, buff time, lotting on stuff time- 3 minutes is easy with an emp DD & thf
By Quiznor 2011-07-19 11:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got a double drop from a bought Ogopogo @ 250k/soul 5 mins ago :D 50/75!

Edit: @ entourage,im not sure if they're attack was capped.honestly it never came to mind to ask.also one is japanese.and the time i quoted the 2 MNKs was in fact,brulo.We did 3 maere's earlier that night and since myself and another guy who has a tank job (personally i find tanks make the best healers) knew what was what for positioning and hate reset,those were an incredible joke,agreed.
By Quiznor 2011-07-19 11:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Quiznor said:

Hell, I hope you finish soon :)
You already have the horns so I guess who cares if you use brew.Some1 on my server is doing the same.I just dont see why some1 would use all his brew on T3 vnms before having all his horns.Not like cruor is hard but it's still alot of time you have to input into cruor farming and god knows those party are boring.

Yeah its not like I just threw my cruor away for the fun of it,I probably shoulda mentioned that in previous posts lol.I remember saving up 2.5mil cruor to do all my azdaja's,but in the end I think I only popped 1.2mil's worth of cruor to get them all.Thats why I always considered it a viable option to brew 2 or 3 in one sitting (if possible to get all the pops) since its the same thing as brewing your level 90 items.Just with an abysmal drop rate =\ Personally I dont xp much anymore (actually next to never) and never bother with cruor parties.Most of my cruor comes from LS events (chests/mobs/NMs) since in my off time,I'm usually doing other stuff
 Ragnarok.Amonk
user: Amonk
By Ragnarok.Amonk 2011-07-19 11:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I must have denied Entourage from joining a LS or something years ago and he's still holding a grudge. Or maybe he's just upset that he could never be as successful as myself at selling items. Or maybe he looked at his profile, and then at my profile, then back at his, and he wept.

I don't mean to continue personal attacks for no reason, but going after me for giving information that others find helpful seems pretty loony. And honestly, you don't go after someone like me for not having as much 'efficiency' as you; it looks illogical as Hell.

Edit: I do 6 Azdaja in one brew so that isn't really a concern- you do two AE pulls of three.
[+]
By Entourage 2011-07-19 15:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

nah I don't think we've ever chatted
 Carbuncle.Blazer
Server: Carbuncle
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2011-07-19 16:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

zerged azdaja down on my monk from 60% -> 0% with hundred fists and temps without brew... so that's like 30s. Prob did it like 3 times after brews had wore for others mid fight. Gimp-o vsmite (aka non relic).
 Bahamut.Zellc
Server: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-07-19 16:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

dragon is pretty easy if lucky and no dispel happens. even then its not that bad, healer just needs to be more on point with the cures. sit whm out of pt and anus tank it. im sure the general populous knew this strat already, but for those who havent fought it yet, its not hard at all. with smite ofc. with thf/whm id imagine it wouldnt be much different. jsut a longer fight.
 Ragnarok.Kaea
user: Cyana
By Ragnarok.Kaea 2011-07-19 16:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why people have so much trouble with souls. Main reason everyone loves spamming Ogo is because mnk/thf + whm can easily duo it for 2 soul drops every time. In the two weeks I was on souls, I had only ever seen double drop off Brulo once. All my other doubles were off Ogo.
Just because you decide to kill time by using a brew on T3 just because you don't have access to 2box or soloing them doesn't mean you are gimp imo. Not everyone has good friends at their disposal 24hrs a day. I got through soul stage faster than someone who was buying T3 pops/souls just because I was lucky I had a MNK to 2box. Not all duo's are good either. Hell, I heard in LS a commentary by a friend telling me how a BLM, WHM and a DRG were having problems on Koios where the DRG actually died. Ruddy Koios! Who knew the diaper man had it in him!
What Amonk does with his cruor/gil is his perogative. If he wants to use it on getting his Ochain faster, so be it. True he is a very good old friend of mine but at least he would use that shield better than most other idiots I've seen. Brewing Azdaja though Amonky... oi... It drops upgrades, just bribe ppl in that damn LS with upgrades. Not like it is frickin' hard.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-19 16:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amonk said:
I must have denied Entourage from joining a LS or something years ago and he's still holding a grudge. Or maybe he's just upset that he could never be as successful as myself at selling items. Or maybe he looked at his profile, and then at my profile, then back at his, and he wept.

I don't mean to continue personal attacks for no reason, but going after me for giving information that others find helpful seems pretty loony. And honestly, you don't go after someone like me for not having as much 'efficiency' as you; it looks illogical as Hell.

Edit: I do 6 Azdaja in one brew so that isn't really a concern- you do two AE pulls of three.
I am not exacly sure how you pull that off, I got very bad luck with popping 3 and AE.Sometimes 1 wouldnt get hit even if it's next to me (path glitch prolly).The other times, my brew would just havent last 3 more.I do 10k AE with gales/HG/Beyond and it pretty much take me 2 mins at the least.Maybe it's just the petrified crap that plays with me, I dunno.
By Entourage 2011-07-19 16:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

holy coincidence..

but I just got a free soul from a guy who shouted (wanted maleficus)

and he brewed, despite me having already brought it to 50% after blue proc

super appropriate lolll
[+]
By Quiznor 2011-07-19 16:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Ragnarok.Amonk said:

I am not exacly sure how you pull that off, I got very bad luck with popping 3 and AE.Sometimes 1 wouldnt get hit even if it's next to me (path glitch prolly).The other times, my brew would just havent last 3 more.I do 10k AE with gales/HG/Beyond and it pretty much take me 2 mins at the least.Maybe it's just the petrified crap that plays with me, I dunno.

Here's how I recall it going for me.Jump on COR/RDM,equip Gales/Ultimate/Beyond (HG pop in progress!) and my AE set.stand by the ??? furthest west.have people pop it staggered so that they're all running together.pop all 4 screens then poison pot then brew.I think I see exactly whats happening to you Van.With the sheer amount of hp it has and the damage AE does (7-10k average,low point of 5k the odd time) you literally have to have timing perfect on it all because (idk about amonk) but for me,I was stretching my brew to the limit.Was taking me around 1:30 give or take 5 seconds to kill the first round of them.Usually when I'd have finished the second set of 3 my brew would wear off within 3-5 seconds afterwards.Its all a matter of timing/practice.When we were popping mine,we hadnt got the hang of how to brew/pop all 3 at once for maximum effect.2 brews in and we had it down to a science.You'll get the hang of it after 2 or 3 brews and by then you'll be netting yourself 10+ horns per brew
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-19 23:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Ragnarok.Amonk said:

Here's how I recall it going for me.Jump on COR/RDM,equip Gales/Ultimate/Beyond (HG pop in progress!) and my AE set.stand by the ??? furthest west.have people pop it staggered so that they're all running together.pop all 4 screens then poison pot then brew.I think I see exactly whats happening to you Van.With the sheer amount of hp it has and the damage AE does (7-10k average,low point of 5k the odd time) you literally have to have timing perfect on it all because (idk about amonk) but for me,I was stretching my brew to the limit.Was taking me around 1:30 give or take 5 seconds to kill the first round of them.Usually when I'd have finished the second set of 3 my brew would wear off within 3-5 seconds afterwards.Its all a matter of timing/practice.When we were popping mine,we hadnt got the hang of how to brew/pop all 3 at once for maximum effect.2 brews in and we had it down to a science.You'll get the hang of it after 2 or 3 brews and by then you'll be netting yourself 10+ horns per brew
My friend was pretty much 1 shotting them with wildfire >.<
But yeah I forgot to take pet screens so its prolly why it *** me up so bad, waithing for dual boxing friend to stona me <.< like a good 30s wait each time.

But god, AE suck balls on this guy, *** the ppl that say 10k with brew is normal, I expect to be god not a tier god ;_;
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Ciprian
user: Cipi
By Ragnarok.Ciprian 2011-08-21 18:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone spammed Maere instead of Brulo?

Thinking about doing Maere on the second shield
Brulo droped just 1 soul 90% of the time with TH, took us 2 Weeks to finish this ***.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-21 18:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

i did, and it's still a nightmare (lol), or at least it was when i did it. probably killed around 30 maeres with 3 double drops. although i'd rather kill it than brulo, because i always see people soloing the t2 and brulo hurts a lot more than maere.
By Entourage 2011-08-22 13:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amonk said: »
Or maybe he's just upset that he could never be as successful as myself at selling items. Or maybe he looked at his profile, and then at my profile, then back at his, and he wept.

just saw this... made me lol... my epeen is 13" long.

I don't think I ever hear people jealous of Amonk, more-so "that guy's such a derp.. and if that's actually him in his avatar I feel bad for him."

fatty.

On topic, all the tier3s have the same drop rate. You'll hear people say otherwise but that's just them eyeballing / fighting one more often. The best Tier3 to farm is whichever has the least competition, nothing else.
[+]
 Fenrir.Uzugami
Server: Fenrir
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-08-22 14:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ciprian said: »
Anyone spammed Maere instead of Brulo?

Thinking about doing Maere on the second shield
Brulo droped just 1 soul 90% of the time with TH, took us 2 Weeks to finish this ***.
Just spam levi in Ule. :< Finished 2 Ochain's in a 2~3 period of time by just doing that.