C. Souls Sell?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » C. Souls sell?
C. Souls sell?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-07-18 16:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What job do you solo the Diabolos t3 VNM in grauberg on?
Just curious...
By Quiznor 2011-07-18 21:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Just curious...

Whatever job I'm on usually.If its BLU or PLD then seraph/red lotus blade.If COR (which is rare) then Aeolian edge.But the majority of the time I'm on BLU or PLD.
By Quiznor 2011-07-18 21:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gunit said:
Quiznor said:
Ragnarok.Amonk said:
It's OK Entourage, I understand the position of people such as yourself. You aren't able or willing to make gil so you accuse others of RMT, you can't conceive of or understand an alternative strategy to those of Wiki so you naysay past its utility. You bully in vain those who achieve for themselves what you wish you could. Good luck buying those souls for 250k and get some peanut butter for that jelly.

Pretty much agree with everything there.I love how the dual box duo is now the "norm" and if you dont do it,you're playing the game wrong.Well I'm not levelling up a 2nd character,with 2nd fees,etc,all the stuff needed for 2 accounts.And idk about the rest of you people,but my friends in game dont sit in PJ 24/7 that they can just instantly jump out and help me whenever I need something.Some people like to do stuff without waiting hand and foot 24/7 on other people.Here comes the dual box arguement,can feel it! God forbid I use my cruor too,thats just madness! Isnt cruor that thing we're all supposed to save up and never use like its sacred,just like the SS the other day of a character with 10mil cruor.Its ok though,I'll be called mad or jelly now anyway,or the eventual "ITT:dual boxing is hard" or something.Either way,makes no difference to me.I get what I want out of it all.Enjoy~
So I should only solo stuff? Cause I don't have a 2nd account either.

Never said that,I'm just saying that in my experience (obviously everyone is different) when a T3 pop is presented to me from other people,its usually at an inopertune time for me to get help from other people,or people just dont want to help.On my server the T3 game is insane,not sure about other servers.So rather than lose a T3 pop because alot of people are impatient or other people are sly,I'd do my best to find another pop in the same zone as fast as possible so I can get more than 1 per brew.Sadly this isnt always the case and sometimes I have to use a brew on just one.I have no need for cruor right now because until I get my almace,I have no real need for twilight body/helm yet.I already have my 75 azdaja horns too,so no need to save brew for that either.
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
Server: Cerberus
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2011-07-18 22:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I've brewed a few of my tier3s because I pay for the game and figure I can play it how I want to play it.
[+]
By Entourage 2011-07-18 23:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amonk said:
It's OK Entourage, I understand the position of people such as yourself. You aren't able or willing to make gil so you accuse others of RMT, you can't conceive of or understand an alternative strategy to those of Wiki so you naysay past its utility. You bully in vain those who achieve for themselves what you wish you could. Good luck buying those souls for 250k and get some peanut butter for that jelly.

lol umad.

Yea not actually after souls, but I'll take the bargain price of 250k if someone approaches me with it.

I have gil. I have items. All earned. You're talking to the wrong person yo

You can play whatever way you want, but good players have a level of efficiency that is apparently over your head. I'm not saying you have to be good to enjoy this game, quite the opposite. Failing and figuring out what you did wrong is most of the fun. Your posts/suggestions embarrass players.

and yea I love all the little aspects of my characters name =P who doesn't though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-07-18 23:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Just curious...

Whatever job I'm on usually.If its BLU or PLD then seraph/red lotus blade.If COR (which is rare) then Aeolian edge.But the majority of the time I'm on BLU or PLD.

I meant the people who somehow solo it without a brew.
ie, guy above me.
By Entourage 2011-07-19 00:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

nah definitely dbox, but usually I'd have a THF friend to tag
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-07-19 00:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

with the logic i should brew easy stuff cause I have nothing else to spent it on, I should buy fire crystals cause i have nothing else to spent gil on.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-07-19 00:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Entourage said:
Ragnarok.Amonk said:

lol umad.

Yea not actually after souls, but I'll take the bargain price of 250k if someone approaches me with it.

I have gil. I have items. All earned. You're talking to the wrong person yo

You can play whatever way you want, but good players have a level of efficiency that is apparently over your head. I'm not saying you have to be good to enjoy this game, quite the opposite. Failing and figuring out what you did wrong is most of the fun. Your posts/suggestions embarrass players.

and yea I love all the little aspects of my characters name =P who doesn't though.
Also he seems Mad to me.
By Pooman 2011-07-19 01:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So...
Use a brew on an easy mob = you suck... but all mobs in Abyssea are easy...therefore anyone who uses a brew sucks?
Seriously though, I don't understand why people complain about how others use their brew. Who the hell cares? The faster the T3 dies the faster I have a chance at popping the next one, so all good for me.
[+]
By Entourage 2011-07-19 04:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

"an easy mob" instead of "6 easy mobs"

amonks always good for a few laughs, and the responses just keep it coming.

/trolling
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-19 04:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've brewed easy crap (that still requires another person or two) just to get it out of the way so I could start farming new popsets.

I don't see why people get so butthurt about other people using their own cruor.
[+]
By Entourage 2011-07-19 04:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anybody's butt hurt, but people generally come to forums for advice, and brewing tier3s is bad advice.

just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Ragnarok.Gunit said:
with the logic i should brew easy stuff cause I have nothing else to spent it on, I should buy fire crystals for 500k cause i have nothing else to spent gil on.

edited to be more appropriate
 Ragnarok.Unafay
user: Unafae
By Ragnarok.Unafay 2011-07-19 05:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Amonk said:

Wow you really don't know who your talking about. Did you bother to even look at his profile on here? Should go and check out someone's profile before you spout off stuff that is completely baseless and factless.
 Ragnarok.Beef
user: beeeeef
By Ragnarok.Beef 2011-07-19 05:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Unafay said:
Ragnarok.Amonk said:

Wow you really don't know who your talking about. Did you bother to even look at his profile on here? Should go and check out someone's profile before you spout off stuff that is completely baseless and factless.

the guy sells ***to people that they can get themselves too.

he can't hate on Amonk for buying gil or wasting his own cruor on whatever he wants and then his come back is "i earn my gil" when he sells ***to people who are exactly like Amonk. all of those things are quite attainable with minimum effort also, but people still buy ...why? BECAUSE THEY CAN.

he's making money off people who are like Amonk, so to talk ***on the guy is bad for business. he should just sell Amonk the souls and lol all the way to the bank instead of sit here and criticize the guy.
[+]
By Entourage 2011-07-19 05:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

you don't need to defend me una =P, I have my shortfalls as well. awfully sweet though.

people are propagating this way too far, I'm not against people wasting brews, or accumulating gil in stupid ways (gil buying would be the only way that comes to mind - and I was joking about amonk buying gil), giving him a hard time is just a lot of fun.

Anyone from caitsith knows amonk and why I'm giving him a hard time. Don't try to apply my one post to everyone like him.
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2011-07-19 06:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Entourage said:
people are propagating this way too far, I'm not against people wasting brews, or accumulating gil in stupid ways (gil buying would be the only way that comes to mind - and I was joking about amonk buying gil)

Entourage said:
wait you seriously brewed tier3s? you're not doing it right.
That's about the stupidest thing I've heard of as of late. How much gil did your parents buy for you last month amonk?

So either you're going back on what you said... or you just trolled for no reason because of a personal grudge. Good job derailing someone's thread.
[+]
By Entourage 2011-07-19 08:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

the thread is null, did you read the OP? it had no validity from the start.

And brewing tier3s is still stupid. lol
By Entourage 2011-07-19 08:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

and OH MAN, all these aptreverence people joining the thread makes me want to equip my pearl in game. lol

Where Diggs be at?
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2011-07-19 09:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I still don't get why you think brewing T3's is stupid. Here's an example for you comparing dual boxing to brewing.

You have 3 sellers for T3 pops in Altepa.

Player dualboxing:

Pop first T3.
Spend 10 minutes killing. (Very rough numbers)
wait 15 minutes.
Pop second T3.
Spend 10 minutes killing.
wait 15 minutes.
Pop third T3.
Spend 10 minutes killing.

Time spent: 1 hour

Player brewing:

Pop first T3.
Kill in 15 seconds, lock brew.
wait 15 minutes.
Pop second T3.
Kill in 15 seconds, lock brew.
wait 15 minutes.
Pop third T3.
Kill in 15 seconds, go to town on random NMs people bring to you.

Time spent: 30 minutes, 45 seconds

Yay! 30 minutes saved and can move onto next group of pop sellers or whatever. Time is money and to many people cruor is less important than spending extra time.

So by spending less time doing meaningless ***like dualboxing a T3 you can move onto something more productive.

Have fun saving your cruor! :)

Edit: Yes, 10 minutes is a gross exaggeration but you get the point.
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-07-19 09:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It shouldn't take 10 minutes to kill a T3.
The point that I was making is that if you have a buyer (or several) lined up, and you can't 2 box, then I don't see the stigma in brewing a t3.
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2011-07-19 09:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mean to be offensive or anything, and I'm not trying to knock your opinion, but I'm just justifying that it's not really a stupid way to spend your brews.

If someone sees a benefit to brewing something, that's their choice, and you shouldn't really hate on them or call them stupid. :)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2011-07-19 10:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
It shouldn't take 10 minutes to kill a T3. The point that I was making is that if you have a buyer (or several) lined up, and you can't 2 box, then I don't see the stigma in brewing a t3.

Yeah, it was a really rough estimate. I've never personally dual boxed a T3 so I can't really say how long it takes to kill.
By Entourage 2011-07-19 10:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

my cruor gets turned into gil at a 1:10 ratio at a minimum, 1:15 max, but that's just me and I don't expect it out of everyone.

lol @ 10minutes killing, THATS SO APTREVERENCE OF YOU (probably with 12 people too)

Ragnarok.Legendarycloud said:
Yeah, it was a really rough estimate. I've never personally dual boxed a T3 so I can't really say how long it takes to kill.

1-2 minutes

double edit: maybe it takes 10 minutes to kill with a Redemption.
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2011-07-19 10:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It was an estimate for dual boxing. Don't know why you're getting so mad and hating on our LS. I simply said you have your opinion, I have mine.
By Entourage 2011-07-19 10:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

hardly mad, actually laughing and chatting with friends about it.

I like some of the aptreverence players, the rest are sheep. usheep?
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-19 10:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally done the colorless soul stage like a week ago not buying any of them and god it was a pain >.<.Though we were doing it as 4 person and not an entire ls whoring (poor ls members that have to go trough this =(

People on cerberus sells them for 1 mil each, I hope you get luck with your 200k offer <.< because it's rather cheap for something that can take up to 2hr to get T1 > T2 then an awesome 3h to change T2 > T3.
200k for 5h is a very cheap offer considering the work it can take.=( and my luck for color change suck monkey balls xD.

Thx god the headache is over....
By Entourage 2011-07-19 10:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

yea probably took you a month eh? I admire harp/shield emp people, grats!

Disclaimer: I don't admire amonk.

una, can you cook me up some more troll food, I'm gettin' hungry
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-19 10:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah it took us a month and most was quadruple boxing -_-\
A real *** pain and hours of work since like 55 of them only dropped 1 *** soul with full TH.
By Entourage 2011-07-19 10:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
A real *** pain and hours of work since like 55 of then only dropped 1 *** soul with full TH.

souls wouldnt be so bad if this wasn't the norm. Double droppers are rare enough to make you jump for joy when you get two