Who Wants Asuran Fists?!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Who wants Asuran Fists?!
Who wants Asuran Fists?!
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-06-01 09:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell the devs here!

Quote:
[To the Devs] Puppetmaster Accessing Asuran Fists
At the time I had originally posted this, I didn't have enough arguments to support the post. But I let it run as a discussion over in the PUP forum area and decided to repost here. (While people frown on [To the Devs] tags, I have noticed they reply more times than not to topics that begin with it.) I apologize for the repost, but here it is.

Ever since the update last year that increased Puppetmaster's combat rating up from 225 cap (@Lv.75) to 256(@Lv.75), many had hoped that we'd be able to access Asuran Fists. Now, I know Stringing Pummel and Victory Smite do more damage than Asuran Fists anyway, and I'm most likely blowing hot air posting this, but here are a few arguments for why we should be allowed to quest for this Weapon Skill...

1) We're the only other job that actually mains Hand-to-Hand in this game.
2) The only reason we originally could not obtain this Weapon Skill was because PUPs could not reach the skill level to open quest without merits/gear. (Asuran Fists quest is 250 Hand-to-Hand. Puppetmaster's new cap at 75 is 256.)
3) Every job besides PUP gets access to at least one WSNM Weapon Skill if not multiple.
---a) Empyreal Arrow - RNG
---b) Decimation - WAR BST DRK RNG
---c) Black Halo - PLD WHM BLU WAR MNK BLM SMN SCH
---d) Evisceration - THF COR RDM DNC WAR RNG BRD BST NIN
---e) Steel Cyclone - WAR DRK
---f) Tachi: Kasha - SAM
---g) Ground Strike - DRK WAR PLD
---h) Asuran Fists - MNK
---i) Detonator - RNG COR
---j) Impulse Drive - DRG SAM WAR
---k) Spiral Hell - DRK WAR BST
---l) Retribution - PLD WAR MNK SMN BLM WHM BRD SCH
---m) Savage Blade - WAR RDM BLU PLD COR DRK

So I ask again; why isn't PUP allowed to obtain Asuran Fists?

(Arguments thus far)

1) Was originally MNK only, should stay MNK only. (But Dancing Edge/Shark Bite use to be THF only and then DNC was added on. "But those aren't WSNM WSs" Fine. Detonator. Originally RNG only, COR was added on due to them getting the combat skill requirement. Speaking of COR, they were added to Savage Blade and Evisceration also. I realize they reached those skill levels originally when the job was first released, but the 225 on PUP was a joke. (Which is why it was raised last year, no?))

2) PUP doesn't need it because they have Stringing Pummel/Victory Smite. (BST mains Axes and rarely, if ever, use scythe and daggers. They don't "need" Sprial Hell nor Evisceration; but they still get them. COR's main damage is from marksmenship. They don't need Savage Blade/Evisceration. MNK mains Hand-to-Hand. Why do they need Staff/Club WSs? Again; because the Dev team gave them the combat rating. Thus, because they got the combat skill without merits/gear before or at level 75, they were allowed to partake in the WSNM quest. And, as I said before, Puppetmaster's Hand-to-hand skill cap is now 256. Asuran Fists quest is 250.)

3) The time spent adding PUP onto the weapons could be used to fix the Automaton AI. (You think that adding Puppetmaster onto one weapon would take longer than rewriting an AI program? You think it'd take that much effort that they'd say "well, that's all they'll get for a while. Let's save the AI program for next year." It's been how long since WHM/BLM frames have been out? And they still havn't done anything about -nas before Cures and high thresholds for Aspir/Drain. The AI works for solo play. They meant PUP to be a solo job that can still DD in party formats (like BST.))

4) If they wanted us to have it, they'd have done it when we received the combat update. (True. But there's so many things that certain jobs should have gotten, and are now getting (Yonin/Innin on seperate timers. Longer duration on Last Resort. Just to name a few.) I am hoping to get a Dev to notice this thread and at least say yay or nay.)

5) Just make Stringing Pummel a blue proc! (Why should this be the only Mythic WS to proc? None of the others proc because the Dev team know that WSNM WSs are easier to get than Nyzul WSs; compare a set 300 points to a weapon that needs 250~16,000.)

6) Puppetmaster can't wear the type of weapon the trial weapon is for Asuran Fists. (DNC can't use the type of weapon for Evisceration. By that I meant the Dagger of Trials is not the standard type of Dagger DNC can normally equip.) Savage Blade's weapon is a Sapara; a type of sword that RDM and COR normally can't use.)

7) There's only a one in three chance that, during blunt hours, the WS is Hand-to-Hand. And then a one in five chance it's Asuran Fists. (True, true. But, like people have said, procing !! is such a small part of the game. And, honestly, I admit to originally writing this thread for blue procing on PUP. But now it's just for equaility... To get what every other job has;access to their main weapon's WSNM.)

8) Stringing Pummel/Victory Smite is better. (While this is true, if you met a MNK that didn't have Asuran Fists, most of you would insist on laughing at them. If you met any job that doesn't have the WSNM for their main weapon (save maybe for a mage), you'd tell your linkshell all about it and everyone would have a good laugh. Atm, PUP is expected to not have it because they don't have access to it. Stringing Pummel/Victory Smite is better damage for PUP, yes. But Ascetic's Fury/Victory Smite is better for MNK with damage.)

9) It'd ruin the lore behind the quest. (Honestly, the lore behind quests/NPCs is ignored when needed. The PLD starter NPC? He also plays a role in the DRG quest. And teaches Impulse Drive. A DRG/WAR/SAM WS. Why isn't PLD included on it? (Because of low combat ranking in polearm.) Or, and this time it isn't some minor quest thing, what about Aegis? The NPC in the past that weilds it is Cerane I Virgaut, where as the NPC you see during the CS is Perseus. Hell, the original owner of Annihilator was Elivira, but then the CS shows Elrica (might be related in some way since both are humes, but...) You look up any other relic weapon wielded by an Allied Army NPC, and they're the NPC for the CS.

And, I can't believe I almost forgot about this, what about Gungnir? It is the javelin wielded by Odin, and yet Odin is seen wielding a completely different polearm, which he calls Gungnir. (In the Dev Team's defense though, they did make the relic weapons before they planned on making Odin a monster. And while it is not called Gungnir directly, they are names the polearm was also known by.)

All in all, if they need to make a loophole around lore, they can.)

Sorry for the wall of text.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-01 09:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume you mean strictly for procing purposes please tell me you dont intend to use this ws over pummel for dmg.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-06-01 09:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

mnk specific weaponskill. 'nuff said!
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-01 09:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

He has got a point, blu got an existing wsnm ws savage blade which was a job released at the same time as pup.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-06-01 09:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
I assume you mean strictly for procing purposes please tell me you dont intend to use this ws over pummel for dmg.

Oh God no I have Victory Smite and Pummel. I do mean for procing purposes entirely. Also seems unfair that we don't get any WSNM WSs. >_>

Sylph.Krsone said:
He has got a point, blu got an existing wsnm ws savage blade which was a job released at the same time as pup.

COR also got Savage Blade.
 Sylph.Taruzard
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Taruzard 2011-06-01 09:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking about this the other day too, it probably won't do much in the way of making people bring PUP along to runs where they can get a MNK because MNK can use a lot of other weapons, but it will still make PUP a viable choice if other weapons are accounted for XD.
I wasn't sure what other people thought of this which is why I never bothered. xD
 Cerberus.Nostylin
Server: Cerberus
user: NoStylin
By Cerberus.Nostylin 2011-06-01 10:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

or you could level another job. :/
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-06-01 10:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:
mnk specific weaponskill. 'nuff said!

Only thing that made it MNK specific was that it was the only job that used Hand-to-Hand.

Cerberus.Nostylin said:

Or you could stop trolling~
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-01 10:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nostylin said:
woosh?

Quote:
Jobs
WAR 61 MNK 23
WHM 57 BLM 37
RDM 78 THF 78
PLD 90 DRK 37
BST 85 BRD 24
RNG 21 SAM 61
NIN 90 DRG 90
SMN 90 BLU 90
COR 28 PUP 90
SCH 90 DNC 45
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-06-01 10:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
THF 78

Huh. Hasn't updated that I'm 90 yet. nvm helps when I click the update button.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-06-21 08:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump for great justice! Also because I made a new topic in the Battle Content area of the forums with arguments from the Puppetmaster Discussion area where I had originally posted the topic.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-21 08:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Would this actually benefit PUP much?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-06-21 08:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Benefits them about as much as BST being able to use Spiral Hell and Evisceration. Honestly though, every other job has a WSNM. Only reason PUP didn't get one was the original skill cap for H2H was 225 at 75 until last year. Then it was made 256. I think it's time for the dev team to notice this.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-21 08:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Because at the time of PUP's release, it didn't have the necessary skill to use Asuran, COR and BLU however, both had required sword skill to learn Savage Blade.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-21 08:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Benefits them about as much as BST being able to use Spiral Hell and Evisceration. Honestly though, every other job has a WSNM. Only reason PUP didn't get one was the original skill cap for H2H was 225 at 75 until last year. Then it was made 256. I think it's time for the dev team to notice this.
That's stupid, because just bout any job can use Asuran fists if they made any 250+ skill job able to use.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-06-21 08:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
Bahamut.Mizuharu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

That's stupid, because just bout any job can use Asuran fists if they made any 250+ skill job able to use.

No, now that's stupid. WSNM access has been for jobs that can reach the skill level BY level 75 without skill+ gear/merits. No one else reaches 250 Hand-to-Hand before/at 75. Nor does any other job actually main Hand-to-Hand besides MNK and PUP.

Hand-to-Hand skill caps @75 for jobs with native H2H skill.
MNK - H2H Skill Cap:276
PUP - H2H Skill Cap:256
WAR - H2H Skill Cap:210
DNC - H2H Skill Cap:210
NIN - H2H Skill Cap:200
THF - H2H Skill Cap:200
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-21 08:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Bahamut.Mizuharu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

No, now that's stupid. WSNM access has been for jobs that can reach the skill level BY level 75 without skill+ gear/merits. No one else reaches 250 Hand-to-Hand before/at 75. Nor does any other job actually main Hand-to-Hand besides MNK and PUP.
Neither did pup before that update. It would be no different than if PUP had 250 at level 80, by your logic. "Well PUP has 250 H2H now, we should be able to learn it." PUP won't get Asuran, they don't need asuran, that's just stupid.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-06-21 08:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:

Neither did pup before that update. It would be no different than if PUP had 250 at level 80, by your logic. "Well PUP has 250 H2H now, we should be able to learn it." PUP won't get Asuran, they don't need asuran, that's just stupid.

But because of the combat skill update, they should have been added onto the weapon.

Quote:
they don't need asuran

Oh, if only I had thought of that! Oh wait.

Quote:
2) PUP doesn't need it because they have Stringing Pummel/Victory Smite. (BST mains Axes and rarely, if ever, use scythe and daggers. They don't "need" Sprial Hell nor Evisceration; but they still get them. COR's main damage is from marksmenship. They don't need Savage Blade/Evisceration. MNK mains Hand-to-Hand. Why do they need Staff/Club WSs? Again; because the Dev team gave them the combat rating. Thus, because they got the combat skill without merits/gear before or at level 75, they were allowed to partake in the WSNM quest. And, as I said before, Puppetmaster's Hand-to-hand skill cap is now 256. Asuran Fists quest is 250.)

8) Stringing Pummel/Victory Smite is better. (While this is true, if you met a MNK that didn't have Asuran Fists, most of you would insist on laughing at them. If you met any job that doesn't have the WSNM for their main weapon (save maybe for a mage), you'd tell your linkshell all about it and everyone would have a good laugh. Atm, PUP is expected to not have it because they don't have access to it. Stringing Pummel/Victory Smite is better damage for PUP, yes. But Ascetic's Fury/Victory Smite is better for MNK with damage.)

If you look at every WSNM, all the other jobs have access to them because, by Level 75, they had the set skill needed to use the WS. Regardless of if said job actually mains the weapon of the weapon skill. Hand-to-Hand is the only WSNM PUP could access by 75, and yet we can't. People say it'd ruin the lore of the WS, but... well, read the original post.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-21 08:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They should either get Asuran, or a brand new WSNM WS.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-21 08:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, and warrior has 250+ H2H due to an update as well. Do they have Asuran? No, stop bitching. Oh, and if you know they don't need it, what's the problem?
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-06-21 08:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
Yeah, and warrior has 250+ H2H due to an update as well. Do they have Asuran? No, stop bitching. Oh, and if you know they don't need it, what's the problem?

They are argueing due to the skill being high enough @75 not from level ups beyond that.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-21 08:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

They are argueing due to the skill being high enough @75 not from level ups beyond that.
It's still a stupid argument. I had necessary skill for Hexa Strike at 75 cap, can I use it on my MNK? No, just deal with the fact some WS are job specific.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-06-21 08:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:

-_-

War gets 250 Hand-to-Hand by 85. The only update that did that was the level increase.

Once more, in bold so maybe you'll notice it...

Weapon Skill Notorious Monster Weapon Skills were made accessible to any job that reached the required skill level for said weapon Before/By Level 75.

The problem is we should have it going by the above rule, which applies to every other job except PUP.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-21 08:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

-_-

War gets 250 Hand-to-Hand by 85. The only update that did that was the level increase.

Once more, in bold so maybe you'll notice it...

Weapon Skill Notorious Monster Weapon Skills were made accessible to any job that reached the required skill level for said weapon Before/By Level 75.

The problem is we should have it going by the above rule, which applies to every other job except PUP.
PUP didn't get it on the job's initial release, they aren't going to go out of their way to add it now. I honestly don't see what you're whining for, that's 300 WS points you don't have to do.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-21 08:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I can almost gaurantee they raised PUP H2H due to the following level increase updates. Otherwise, they'd be trailing even farther behind in skill than they are now, and had no intention to make them have Asuran because of it.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-06-21 08:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
Asura.Ina said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

It's still a stupid argument. I had necessary skill for Hexa Strike at 75 cap, can I use it on my MNK? No, just deal with the fact some WS are job specific.

Hexa Strike is a WHM only WS just like Skewer/Wheeling Thrust is DRG only even though SAM and WAR can reach the skill levels for them. Every H2H after Spinning Attack (and Raging Fists) was MNK exclusive. Dancing Edge/Shark Bite were THF exclusive until DNC came along. Hell, Swift Blade is Exclusive to PLD. The weapon skills jobs can use while skilling up is different from weapon skills you can quest. Why? Because the exclusive weapon skills are only to jobs who get the highest combat rating in said weapon skill. (Save for DNC and PUP because Dagger/Hand-to-Hand is really all they have to fall back on.) The only exclusive WSNM among all the WSNM quests is Asuran Fists.

Ramuh.Austar said:

PUP didn't get it on the job's initial release, they aren't going to go out of their way to add it now. I honestly don't see what you're whining for, that's 300 WS points you don't have to do.

Going by that logic, anything that was initial released shouldn't need changing. Because they make it perfect at the get-go.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-21 08:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hexa Strike is a WHM only WS just like Skewer/Wheeling Thrust is DRG only even though SAM and WAR can reach the skill levels for them.
Same deal with Asuran. WSNM or not.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-06-21 09:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
Quote:
Hexa Strike is a WHM only WS just like Skewer/Wheeling Thrust is DRG only even though SAM and WAR can reach the skill levels for them.
Same deal with Asuran. WSNM or not.

No, not same deal. WSNMs came out after the original "final weapon skills" (The weapon skills that come before being able to access the WSNM. Dragon Kick, Swift Blade, Hexa Strike etc) Hexa Strike was WHM's only way to open/close a Level 3 skill chain. Save for Staves, every weapon had a WS for opening/closing Level 3 skill chains that were exclusive. WSNMs were added which allowed for jobs that didn't have a way to open/close a Level 3 skill chain with other weapons; so long as they reached the skill level. As for the jobs that already had a Level 3 opener/closer, it was just another WS to open Darkness/Light; depends on what the WS prior to it did. (Although it Black Halo's case, it's Fragmentation while Hexa Strike was Fusion. But Retribution was there for Gravitation.)
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-21 09:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It is too the same deal. It's job specific. PUP won't get it because it's initial release prevented them from getting it. Initial Release.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-06-21 09:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said:
It is too the same deal. It's job specific. PUP won't get it because it's initial release prevented them from getting it. Initial Release.

Because everything is perfect in the game and nothing is ever changed after the initial release.

Asuran Fists access just seems overdued.
First Page 2 3 4 5