Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » pup DD gears yo
pup DD gears yo
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-06-16 10:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't tested it to have a mathematical proof of it but from a quick look it seems allright to me.
I'd swap that Spiral Ring for a Keen though, think it's gonna perform better.
By Erlayn 2011-06-16 11:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm working on Pup +1 body but it's slow going. I'm using what I have in inventory right now. I keep fighting T2 VNM and getting upgrade every fight so I'm having to go and work on upgrading to T2 again. It's kinda frustrating. +2's are in the works. Why would you suggest Keen Ring in WS set for Pummel? Is it due to the Att or just for more Acc. I was using Soil Gorget in WS set but found Chiv. Chain gave constant numbers and all my hits landed. Also I don't have the expansion helm as I been lazy and not completed the missions.

Also I use 3 different H2H for different situations. I use the Maroetts for Abyssea with the refresh/regen for Puppet. I use Furor if I'm in a pt or straight DD situation. I don't have the other but am looking to get those eventually. I do have the apparently crappy Afflicators but I kinda like'em. Thank you for the comments and anymore suggestions, I'm open to them
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-16 11:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If you dont use/lose your t3 vnm pop for whatever zone your getting pup body seals from and you get another colourful abyssite this one shouldnt change. Just dont pop the t3 by accident until ur fully done with seals you want from the t2, then you shouldnt have to repeat that process.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-06-16 12:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Erlayn said:
Why would you suggest Keen Ring in WS set for Pummel?
For the Att of course, altough I guess the acc is a nice bonus too.
Generally attack provides better results than STR on most multi-hit WS, and that's especially true if there's a lot of hits in the WS and if the WS modifiers are small.
It's kinda the case with Pummel.
Of course it would be a different story were you at capped attack but really, when are you ever?
Don't have data to confirm what I said about Keen > Spiral but I'm particularly confident that my memory isn't tricking me on this, at least for Pummel.
For Smite it might be a different story, especially if you get a +7 STR ring (not so sure about Spiral instead)

Quote:
I was using Soil Gorget in WS set but found Chiv. Chain gave constant numbers and all my hits landed.
I find it unlikely tbh. Elemental gorget provides more acc and more damage. You could argue the ftp modifier applies to the first hit only whereas the +3 STR applies to all the 6 hits, but even so I really really doubt Chiv > Gorget for Pummel.
If you're really curious I can test it later. Were you parsing data accurately or just eyeballing? Faith might be ok (maybe even better) for Pummel, if it brings you up a h2h tier, and I guess Agasaya's not bad either, but I have serious doubts on Chiv chain.

Quote:
Also I don't have the expansion helm as I been lazy and not completed the missions.
MKE are possibly the most annoying/HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE missions of the 3 miniexp, don't let me think about it... but I think you might reconsider and do them. At level 90 the BCs aren't as hard as they used to be ("were they ever?" someone could say) and the helm is really awesome for WSs.

Quote:
Also I use 3 different H2H for different situations. I use the Maroetts for Abyssea with the refresh/regen for Puppet. I use Furor if I'm in a pt or straight DD situation. I don't have the other but am looking to get those eventually.
Burattinaios aren't what they used to be... but even so they should still be pretty nice. I use marotte when I'm on mage puppet and I'm not meleeing, because I'm lazy and I don't have the Pet: Mab claws :P
Haven't bothered with them, but if you like to use your mage puppet you should really consider the option. Think ice element trial paths aren't that hard... did it for a MAB Katana on NIN and even a lazy bum like me managed to burn through the mobs in like 2 days?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-16 12:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

MAB pet claws are dope...seriously. By the last trials (Beasts in ice day/weather) I was in Xarcabard (s) and 1 shotting tiger pets with ice maker and 1-2 maneuvers. It went by pretty darn quickly and I saw a significant boost in my blm puppet nukes (that MAB is a lot).
By Erlayn 2011-06-17 08:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get to use Blm puppet alot, but I do use Whm puppet all the time since I'm solo/duo 90-95% of the time. Pup isn't my "main" job, more of a fun job to play around on. I have been pondering the ToM claws but can't decide on one. As far as the chiv chain and such, it was more of an eyeball in dmg as I really have no way parsing things. I'm not that technical, and I play to have fun but like to get the most out of every job I play. Hence the gear questions. I will look into getting the A. collar but I really like the Martial Arts on the Cirque necklace. I'll try putting back in the soil gorget for WS and possibly looking at trying to finish the MKE mission....ugg.

Edit: And tyvm for the advice
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-06-17 09:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cirque > Asagaya, if I recall. Agasaya of course would be better for WS :)