users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » pup DD gears yo
pup DD gears yo
 Seraph.Rof
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
By Seraph.Rof 2011-06-10 06:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I see a lot of usu body in ws sets here, the af 3 +2 body is not better ?

8 STR 8 DEX acc + 12 vs 10 DEX 20 att 20 acc.

In term of dmg the 2 body are kinda the same but the af 3 got more acc so it should win on a multi hi WS
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-10 06:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rof said:

In term of dmg the 2 body are kinda the same but the af 3 got more acc so it should win on a multi hi WS

You'll probably be capped on acc inside abyssea anyways.
As for 8 str vs 20 attack, that's a bit different.
I kinda doubt PUP easily caps attack vs everything, so I'm not sure what's better tbh.
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2011-06-10 10:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Seraph.Rof said:

I kinda doubt PUP easily caps attack vs everything, so I'm not sure what's better tbh.

You should also take into consideration that with PUP AF3 +2 the set bonus can proc on ws's also, not just just on normal attacks. So that's something to think about. I always WS in full AF3 +2 and have personally seen way higher numbers than any other combo of gear that I have. And I have tested this inside and outside of abyssea. Highest Stringing Pummel inside abyssea was 7.2k and outside so far was against Ob in rng frame mode for 3822.
 Bismarck.Gael
Server: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-06-10 10:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i kinda had a better result with af 3 +2 too, inside or outside abyssea (NMs or normal mobs), but my test was done with an Alcide's Harness +1 (STR+6 Accuracy+11 Evasion+11 "Subtle Blow"+3 Increases critical hit damage) which is very close to an usu body
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-06-10 11:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jimmothy said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Seraph.Rof said:

You should also take into consideration that with PUP AF3 +2 the set bonus can proc on ws's also, not just just on normal attacks. So that's something to think about. I always WS in full AF3 +2 and have personally seen way higher numbers than any other combo of gear that I have. And I have tested this inside and outside of abyssea. Highest Stringing Pummel inside abyssea was 7.2k and outside so far was against Ob in rng frame mode for 3822.

inb4 set bonus doesnt proc on ws

set bonus doesn't proc on set bonus.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-10 11:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anybody confirm/deny that af3+2 set bonus can proc on weaponskills?
100% certain?
I'd really like to know.(for all jobs)
I've allways assumed it can't, but I can't remember seeing any proper tests (not that I've looked in awhile)
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-06-10 12:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

well i can't say i can prove it but considering me along with a large amount of people cant ever point out a proc on ws, i find it hard to believe it does activate. Most the times people just tend to confuse a DA or TA proc or simply a full crit in aby since it does add a huge amount of dmg.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-10 12:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK and WAR set bonus do not proc on WS, I doubt PUP is any different.
 Sylph.Ballzack
Server: Sylph
user: Achelies
By Sylph.Ballzack 2011-06-10 14:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm an AH nub sue me lol took me forever to figure out how to post pics (also posting this for a friend)

TP

WS

Eva

(Fun set)

Replace Flame w/ Light Thunder Gorget
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-10 14:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a serious question, but why TP in hope torque over Cirque Neck? Would that h2h skill beat the faster attacks?
 Sylph.Ballzack
By Sylph.Ballzack 2011-06-10 14:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

"Honestly never paid attention to Cirque Necklace,kinda always had Faith and used it.Once I finish Kenkoken I think I will use It though"
 Bismarck.Selka
user: Selka
By Bismarck.Selka 2011-06-10 15:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've heard, Faith / Cirque / Agassaya's are all pretty close, but as always, it's situational
 Sylph.Ballzack
By Sylph.Ballzack 2011-06-10 15:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

"I know Faith Is better for Mnk but dont know If same rules apply for Pup considering the big difference In skill.I personally try to milk as much acc as possible because I highly doubt I capp dont know for sure"
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-10 15:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh cap against what? After recent update, the skill difference isn't that huge. Gearing for acc in Abyssea is silly.
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-06-10 15:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto/tigerwoods said something like "cirque > faith unless you have dual marches, haste and haste samba" lol, so i guess its not so close ^^;
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-10 15:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gael said:
Vegetto/tigerwoods said something like "cirque > faith unless you have dual marches, haste and haste samba" lol, so i guess its not so close ^^;
It could be quite close or not at all, the reason those buffs change things is because you'd be capping delay reduction then and thus the martial arts enhancement would be useless.

Should change out Cavaros Mantle on WS for something better, it's really not that good.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-06-10 15:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Well as of right now, your skill is 341 + 16 in merits is 357
With +2 hat, will put you at 362 which would break a dmg tier

Torque would add +7 skill, which brings you to 369, one short of a new damage tier.
 Sylph.Ballzack
By Sylph.Ballzack 2011-06-10 15:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well thats nice to know thanks,and for mantle Pup dont have alot of choices to be honest not much else I can wear besides the Attk+20 back
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-06-10 15:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Potentia Cape maybe ? (+6 str)
 Sylph.Ballzack
By Sylph.Ballzack 2011-06-10 15:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yea I forgot about that back piece
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2011-06-10 15:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said:
Lakshmi.Jimmothy said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Seraph.Rof said:

inb4 set bonus doesnt proc on ws

set bonus doesn't proc on set bonus.

I cannot see any other way to explain a 7.2k stringing pummel other than set bonus. And all the other career pups that I have talked to all say pup is one of the few (if not the only) job that has a set bonus that procs on ws's.
 Ragnarok.Lugat
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jar
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-06-13 19:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Gorgets are ***for pummel and Smite(dont have didnt even check this)..

this is the best set the harness +1 with bonus crit damage might win inside tho.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-13 21:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

wat
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-06-13 21:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lugat said:

Gorgets are ***for pummel and Smite(dont have didnt even check this)..

Quote:
Increases fTP multiplier by +0.1 and adds some amount of accuracy to all hits of the Weapon Skill.

Um... How? Maybe if acc was capped, but fTP multiplier times .10? (Normally the 0 is dropped at the end of decimal numbers, but it's still the same thing as .10.)
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-13 21:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

well inside abyssea they might not be best, because both TP mods are simply crit rate....
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-13 21:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Mizu: It's not multiplied, it's added.
Eikechi: fTP is straight damage, it's not TP bonus.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-13 21:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

but don't most of the crit WSs have standard TP bonuses? (and ya you're right, i did read that wrong :P)... Cuz I know some crit WSs do have a set TP value for fTP (atleast I think pummel does)

edit: I just looked up Pummel and Smite on the wiki and it says that the 3 TP anchors are all the same (.75 for pummel (needs verification) and 2.25 for Smite)... so wouldn't adding fTP actually not do much at all? Isn't that what the fTP is? Those anchor points and the values assigned to them? If they stay the same, adding TP should only make more crits, no?
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-13 21:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
but don't most of the crit WSs have standard TP bonuses? (and ya you're right, i did read that wrong :P)... Cuz I know some crit WSs do have a set TP value for fTP (atleast I think pummel does)

edit: I just looked up Pummel and Smite on the wiki and it says that the 3 TP anchors are all the same (.75 for pummel (needs verification) and 2.25 for Smite)... so wouldn't adding fTP actually not do much at all? Isn't that what the fTP is? Those anchor points and the values assigned to them? If they stay the same, adding TP should only make more crits, no?
Increasing the fTP would increase damage overall. TP bonus would increase crit rate. fTP is the damage multiplier of the weaponskill.

ex: using the numbers you posted. Pummel would increase to .85 with a gorget, and Smite would increase to 2.35.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-13 22:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

so the gorget/belt is good on pummel, because relative to its native value, the increase is rather large, right? (considering pummel's value is so low) and adversely, not so good for smite, because its such a smaller percentage? (and yes i'm friggin confusing it for TP bonus again, just looking at it from a different perspective.... through my mistake, i actually understand it perfectly now lulz)... and i think the fTP debate was made on another WS build topic (and i think thats where i got my above statement.....i think lol) don't mind the ramblings, just set me straight please lol
 Sylph.Cossack
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2011-06-13 22:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

lol pup.
[+]