Gear For Victory Smite (PUP)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Gear for Victory Smite (PUP)
Gear for Victory Smite (PUP)
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bahamut.Caelestis
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2012-04-27 15:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry about the post above, anyways, the set above is what i currently use, except for probably subbing maats for athos to activate the set bonus (dont have Athos head piece yet), im pretty pleased with this. On T6s and such, if i am ever on PUP for some reason, i would probably sub neck/belt for breeze to compensate the acc needed.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-04-27 15:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thaumas legs?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-04-27 15:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Podginator said: »
With that set bonus in mind how would Athos head / gloves combo compare to Anwig Salade?
If your acc isn't capped, it'd lose horribly (assuming you have 2% ws dmg 4 str 15 acc ws acc)
 Bahamut.Caelestis
Server: Bahamut
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2012-04-27 15:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

lol i dont have any Thaumas pieces...as i dont do neo-Nyzul yet, but yea, thats an obvious, if out-of-my-reach improvement.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-04-30 00:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If I cannot get usukane legs for ws, what could I use instead?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-30 00:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Off AH? Alcide's +1.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-04-30 01:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Off AH? Alcide's +1.
Well I saw that, but that looks really weak. My server doesn't rly do salvage, and I'm in the process of doing puppetmaster and dishing out all the gil for attachments lol. Would athos's tights be good enough lol? I can get those if I want. I have 90 verethregna, the athos's gloves, toci's, and basically all other ws gear. I think my issue lies in head slot and legs.
By Solrain 2012-04-30 12:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
My server doesn't rly do salvage

Your server is just you and two other people?
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-04-30 12:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Solrain said: »
My server doesn't rly do salvage

Your server is just you and two other people?
Nah I've tried to make nyzle isle uncharted and salvage, but noone seems to care for the good stuff lol
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2012-05-01 02:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Off AH? Alcide's +1.
Well I saw that, but that looks really weak. My server doesn't rly do salvage, and I'm in the process of doing puppetmaster and dishing out all the gil for attachments lol. Would athos's tights be good enough lol? I can get those if I want. I have 90 verethregna, the athos's gloves, toci's, and basically all other ws gear. I think my issue lies in head slot and legs.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10566/tenryu-hakama - These are quite a good alternative to Usu, but you'll have to get the abjuration (I believe it's from Morta)
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2012-05-28 12:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-28 12:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Grimkitty said: »

Looks really good, but you got so much crit rate+ is the collar really needed? Also given possible augs, would tenryu sune-ate +1 be better? Also what about prosilio belt? I thought that was good for smite and pummel
By Narb 2012-05-28 12:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a crit WS so stacking crit rate is always nice you'd do the same for WSs like Blade: Hi it's not like he's capping crit rate outside abyssea.
Tenryu Sune-Ate +1 with augments could def. be a viable piece depending on what you get for augments on them.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-28 13:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I get that Narb, but I mean like he's got +12 in gear + the tp bonus factor of the moonshade. Also is epona's good for smite or is it just pummel it's bad for? I know it's less hits than pummel but it's still a 5 hit WS. Not a ton of room for DA/TA procs as it is.
By AngeljCarbajal 2012-05-28 13:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Id use piplaka over beir +1. Victory smite is garbage if it doesnt Critical hit. I use thaumas body and Anguis +1 with atheeling and rancor collar. Thats an extra 4 dbl atk and 3 quad / 3 triple atk with -20 str. 1 extra attack = another 20% crit rate opportunity. But maybe ive just been getting lucky. With impetus up ill do 4k from time to time, and with it down with no berserk ill do a 6k VS with thaumas body because quad or triple atk procs and i get an 8 hit ws.

Edit- I dont have those VW mitts, so i use the Nomkahpa mittens also.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2012-05-28 13:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a 4 hit weapon skill, and stacking crit is best. TP bonus will add about 2-4% at 100%, at 100% tp it's only got a 10% chance to crit natively. A crit will add a great deal more than the next best option in those slots.

Tenryu Sune-ate +1 are viable, but with 3 Thaumas pieces you're looking at a +5 STR DEX and AGI boost, on top of 3% DA with the feet.

A good augmented wivre gorget may win out in low acc situations, but that's the best set for PUP really.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-28 13:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Balloon said: »
It's a 4 hit weapon skill

Are you forgetting the off-hand punch? I was under the impression all h2h and dual wield WSs add 1 hit for off-hand
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-28 13:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

AngeljCarbajal said: »
Id use piplaka over beir +1. Victory smite is garbage if it doesnt Critical hit. I use thaumas body and Anguis +1 with atheeling and rancor collar. Thats an extra 4 dbl atk and 3 quad / 3 triple atk with -20 str. 1 extra attack = another 20% crit rate opportunity. But maybe ive just been getting lucky. With impetus up ill do 4k from time to time, and with it down with no berserk ill do a 6k VS with thaumas body because quad or triple atk procs and i get an 8 hit ws.

This is a pup thread btw, so your impetus statement is pretty null. Just sayin'. >_< And why on earth would you WS in thaumas body? Really? Is that really best? Also Tessera Saio I think beats Toci's for pup specificially. More att on Tess (and idc about the DA+ from that body given my previous statement)
By AngeljCarbajal 2012-05-28 13:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

This is a pup thread btw, so your impetus statement is pretty null. Just sayin'. >_< And why on earth would you WS in thaumas body? Really? Is that really best? Also Tessera Saio I think beats Toci's for pup specificially. More att on Tess (and idc about the DA+ from that body given my previous statement)
Most would say no, it's not better. I've only had a small sample size, and maybe I was just lucky.. But I've had some dramatic ws DMg using it. I'm already 3/5 thaumas and since I through on the body, I've gotten better results over toci's. All the extra dbl atk and triple I use is nearly a guarantee for 1 extra atk far exceeding +3 crit rate and 20 str seeing how if the extra hit crits, it could easily out weigh the loss of str. But hey, I've tried all the sets and this is what I've found to be the best for me.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-28 13:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

the best for me.

That's the part I have a lil trouble with. 1) you're doing it on mnk anyways. 2) for "you" is very subjective. I mean think about the thaumas body for a second. If you proc a quad on the first hit, adding 3 hits the rest of the stats are literally useless for the remaining 7 hits.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2012-05-28 14:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see why you'd use Thaumas Body for smite either, you're just gimping your average damage for a chance at a larger number.

Dumping it into the DPS calculator (With otherwise default settings + No food) shows that, too (1699 vs 1639, same sets.)

Replacing an Epona's with Pyrosoul on the spreadsheet returns 1699 vs 1683. Replacing Tocis with Tes saio is 1699 vs 1699 (though Tocis comes out slightly ahead with Red curry buns).

Random side note, but I had no idea how much using maneuvers cut into our damage. It's shocking.

Edit: Altered the figures to be without food instead of RCB
By AngeljCarbajal 2012-05-28 14:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see your frustration if you don't have a thaumas coat. Only to get one and be disapointed. But if you have one, just try it out and see for your self. People seem argumentative on these forums, just try it out.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2012-05-28 14:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see your frustration if you don't have a thaumas coat. Only to get one and be disapointed. But if you have one, just try it out and see for your self. People seem argumentative on these forums, just try it out.

I have Thaumas coat.
By AngeljCarbajal 2012-05-28 14:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Thaumas coat.
Then try it out. See what u think, go to aby for an hour and mess around with it. Guard the morello in misraux that's a fun pass time.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-28 14:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you forgetting the off-hand punch? I was under the impression all h2h and dual wield WSs add 1 hit for off-hand
All H2H except single hits and tornado kick have offhand included in the description. Smite is only 4 hits.

Most would say no, it's not better. I've only had a small sample size, and maybe I was just lucky.. But I've had some dramatic ws DMg using it. I'm already 3/5 thaumas and since I through on the body, I've gotten better results over toci's. All the extra dbl atk and triple I use is nearly a guarantee for 1 extra atk far exceeding +3 crit rate and 20 str seeing how if the extra hit crits, it could easily out weigh the loss of str. But hey, I've tried all the sets and this is what I've found to be the best for me.
That's all eyeballed.
By AngeljCarbajal 2012-05-28 14:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

All H2H except single hits and tornado kick have offhand included in the description. Smite is only 4 hits.

That's all eyeballed.
Austar is a buddy of mine and I respect her math, this is something I've been messing around with and been getting some crazy numbers. Again mathematically try her sets, if your feeling lucky / bored with same old set, try mine.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2012-05-28 14:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Thaumas coat.
Then try it out. See what u think, go to aby for an hour and mess around with it. Guard the morello in misraux that's a fun pass time.

In a capped attack situation (against fodder maybe) I think it comes out slightly ahead (Although I have no idea about the veracity of that claim) In all other situations it is stupid to use.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-28 14:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is what I use. I swap out a few things depending on accuracy, attack, and mob level.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-05-28 15:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you sure you use that because I don't think you've been on PUP since you got Thaumas.

How do you know it's best if you don't have the experience?
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-28 15:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Are you sure you use that because I don't think you've been on PUP since you got Thaumas.

How do you know it's best if you don't have the experience?

Austar has a 99 relic, so she's automatically more knowledgeable about things anyway.
[+]