Gear For Victory Smite (PUP)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Gear for Victory Smite (PUP)
Gear for Victory Smite (PUP)
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-09-15 21:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said: »
This topic is about Victory Smite. Leave it there.

Sorry :( I assumed that it was just about PUP WS in general, I'll make a new topic about that later.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-15 21:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The comparison of stringing pummel to victory smite could easily considered to be relative thread material, both have similar builds, both output similar damage, to favor one or the other is fine, but to deny one of pup's more powerful aspects to be discussed in a comparison between the 2 is just silly. Honestly, I feel that I could have benefited greatly from the comparison due to my current ambivalence between obtaining verethragna or just being lax with my burratanios, and the comparison between SP and VS sets could easily allow me to see if I had obtained the adequate gear for both weaponskills.
But what do I know, I only play pup, carry on with your modding if you feel it's appropriate
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lugat
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jar
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-09-15 21:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
The comparison of stringing pummel to victory smite could easily considered to be relative thread material, both have similar builds, both output similar damage, to favor one or the other is fine, but to deny one of pup's more powerful aspects to be discussed in a comparison between the 2 is just silly. Honestly, I feel that I could have benefited greatly from the comparison due to my current ambivalence between obtaining verethragna or just being lax with my burratanios, and the comparison between SP and VS sets could easily allow me to see if I had obtained the adequate gear for both weaponskills.
But what do I know, I only play pup, carry on with your modding if you feel it's appropriate
lol i hardly come to this site for this reason =/
Server: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-09-15 21:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

An interesting read if anyone is curious about Pummeling String/Victory smite for pup. Thread. Start from the middle-down.

Any further questions/concerns can be posted here Im sure.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-15 23:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard what a lot of you have said, and 1) /sadface that y'all are like "F Rev Fists+2!"... 2) It beats pummel in my experience, if nothing else....if NOTHING else.. you can use it 2x in a row with Tac Switch and self light for a LOT of dmg. Also I've honestly not hit pummels as high as these smites are landing /shrug... 3) I just got some Kokugetsu haidate from the trophy NPC, i got STR+3 (total of +6) and SB+2.. so basically they turned into shura haidate... good substitute since I dont have a salvage group?

I know they can get STR+6 (total) and att+4, which is what I will aim for, if it infact is comparible to usukane..
 Asura.Jadecc
Server: Asura
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-09-16 03:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

didn't think about the self light thing, but victory smite does beat stringing pummel sometimes,if you get a double or triple attack proc. The beauty of it tho comes from the aftermath, which you dont get from revnent fists+2. also my automaton can self light by himself too.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-09-24 11:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Me again!

(STR+4/AGI+4 WS acc+15/WS dmg+2% augment on anwig since I also use it for Blade Hi)

And yes, I still have the Rev fists +2. I made a Kannagi for my bandwagon NIN I used to solo the coins for these fists. They kinda remind me "Hey, who cares about Empy? I made these solo!" So yes, I do feel proud I put up with hours of walk of echoes (coughbeforeitwasmainstreamcough) to make these hand-to-hand. And I notice better numbers with smite than pummel, so I'll stick with these til I finally do put time aside to make Vere.

Thought I think I'll keep them even when I do get Vere. Just for the memories...

BUT ANYWAY! Where can I improve for my Smite/Pummel WS set? Obviously a +1 flame pearl
 Bismarck.Gael
Server: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-09-24 12:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Vellaunus' Mantle, af 3 +2 body (or Toci's Harness lol) and maybe 1 or 2 STR +7 ring. The rest is good imo.

Look the link i posted on page 1, you have the maths for all the gear you want, that will help you ;)
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-09-24 12:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I looked at that, and I know I need a pyrosoul ring also, but I thought Epona's was best just to stack up DA/TA proc. Also, on another topic I read, they said that Alcide Harness +1 > Cirque +2 > Usu for outside and Alcide Harness +1 > Usu > Cirque +2 for inside.

Though that Toci's Harness is hot as hell. :o

Edit: Yeah, here it is!

Quote:
Results for Alcide+1 tests:

Vsmite, capped attack
Alcide +1 > Usukane > Cirque +2

Pummel, capped attack
Alcide +1 > Usukane > Cirque +2

Comments:
For Smite, difference between alcide and usukane is pretty big, bigger than I expected at least.
For Pummel it's not that huge, but still it's there.
It's pretty obvious that Usukane gets above Cirque+2 in such a situation because you have capped attack and capped acc, so Cirque+2 virtually adds nothing, while Usukane adds +8STR to the modifiers.

Vsmite, uncapped attack
Alcide+1 > Cirque+2 > Usukane

Pummel, uncapped attack
Alcide+1 > Cirque+2 > Usukane

Comments:
For Pummel the difference is almost non-suxistant, especially between Alcide and Cirque, really... they're virtually on the same tier.
For Smite the difference is bigger, but still pretty small if you ask me.

tl;dr
It seems Alcide is the best in all situations, altough the only noteworthy one is Vsmite on capped attack. For all other situations there is a difference but it's usually so small I wouldn't really say you should bother for inventory+1 and gil -5mils over something free like Cirque+2.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/21974/pup-dd-gears-yo/3/

Though I might just sell this harness once I get my facking 35 usu body piece to drop
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-09-24 12:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Epona is the best in abyssea to ws (with the correct atma), not outside (at least for a taru w/o str merit like me).

Same for the body, outside (assuming you dont fight a lolmob) the AH+1 is a bit inferior to the af 3 body. With my WS gear (almost the same gear that you) i have this result :
AH+1 : 1225
af3+2 : 1292
usu : 1263

So af 3 > usu > ah +1
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-24 12:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gael said: »
Epona is the best in abyssea to ws (with the correct atma), not outside (at least for a taru w/o str merit like me).

Same for the body, outside (assuming you dont fight a lolmob) the AH+1 is a bit inferior to the af 3 body. With my WS gear (almost the same gear that you) i have this result :
AH+1 : 1205
af3+2 : 1281
usu : 1231

So af 3 > usu > ah +1
I'd like to see your parse and sample size before you go about making claims such as that, because all I see is potential eyeballing/plucking numbers out of the air. As for your regards to ring usage, over a 6 hit weaponskill, I would imagine the extra attacks from Epona's would far outdo any sort of bonus hoped to be gained from Pyrosoul.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-09-24 12:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh spreadsheets... They never work for me for some reason...

EDIT - I actually think that the quoted testing in my last post was done with this spreadsheet so idk. Honestly though, with AH+1 I'm...

PUP95/WAR47
STR: 98+54 (chief mithkabob; 8/8 merits)
DEX: 85+34
acc: +44
ATK: 543
Hand-to-Hand: 392 (376 base + 8/8 merits)

and I can't get that spreadsheet to work for me for whatever reason. So if someone else could do the math, I'd greatly appreciate it. Or tell me how to get that damn spreadsheet to work on windows vista with excel loaded.
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-09-24 12:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Edit: Yeah, here it is!

Ya i know, but that depend a lot with the gear you have.

With your gear, this is the number on a HL mob (i just switch the body):
AH +1 : 1095
Usu : 1134
AF 3 +2 : 1132

With my gear, the AF 3 beat the usu, but with your gear the usu beat the af 3. Now if you apply the changes i said in my first topic (with the Vellaunus, 2 str 7 rings) :
usu : 1163
af 3 +2 : 1168

In both case you have a better result, but now af 3 > usu

(if i remove a str ring for the epona :
usu : 1143
af 3 : 1154)
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2011-09-24 12:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I remember, Pyrosoul ring(which you already know) AF3+2 body will beat out pretty much everything outside of one of the new bodies from this update(forgot the name atm) and I'm pretty sure an att+ cape like Pantin or Vellaunus will beat Potentia.
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-09-24 12:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
I'd like to see your parse and sample size before you go about making claims such as that, because all I see is potential eyeballing/plucking numbers out of the air. As for your regards to ring usage, over a 6 hit weaponskill, I would imagine the extra attacks from Epona's would far outdo any sort of bonus hoped to be gained from Pyrosoul.

It's all maths, not parsed. The Motenten's spreadsheets is pretty accurate for me, i suggest you to download it (link in page 1), put your gear in it and see.
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-09-24 13:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

actually, that was always true lev 90, but it seems a bit different lev 95.

My gear :

Vere 90 - xxx - animator +1 - xxx
MKE - rancor - brutal - str earring
af 3 +2 - af 3 +2 - ring 1 - ring 2
vallaunus - pipilaka - alcide +1 - af3 +2

With my stats :
STR +7 ring X2 (1315) > epona + STR +7 ring X1 (1313)

With an alcide +1 body :
STR +7 ring X2 (1293) < epona + STR +7 ring X1 (1301)

(even if the set is weaker)

with an usu body :
STR +7 ring X2 (1299) > epona + STR +7 ring X1 (1297)

With an juogi +1
STR +7 ring X2 (1318) > epona + STR +7 ring X1 (1314)

-------------------------------------------

Same deal but with an usu legs this time :

With af 3+2 body :
STR +7 ring X2 (1320) = epona + STR +7 ring X1 (1320)

With an alcide +1 body :
STR +7 ring X2 (1300) < epona + STR +7 ring X1 (1306)

With an usu body :
STR +7 ring X2 (1313) < epona + STR +7 ring X1 (1322)

With a juogi +1 :
STR +7 ring X2 (1323) > epona + STR +7 ring X1 (1321)

With a Toci's harness :
STR +7 ring X2 (1383) > epona + STR +7 ring X1 (1382)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
By Asura.Darkmessenger 2011-10-28 02:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

How does one feel about

For WS hands?

3 Less STR, but ~3% Crit Damage and some Accuracy over +2 hands.

I forgot they existed for a while.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-10-28 03:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

In the spreadsheets (with my stats), the Ginhaku hands are better that af 3 +1 but a bit inferior to af 3+2 (very close though).
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-10-28 04:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still amazed after playing a little with 95 PUP and vere how stupid powerful it can be.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-10-28 19:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

In the spreadsheets (with my stats), the Ginhaku hands are better that af 3 +1 but a bit inferior to af 3+2 (very close though).

Huh, odd.

Strange how 3STR seems to overpower 3% Critical hit damage. I need to learn more maff
 Carbuncle.Sanders
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2011-11-02 18:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said: »
This topic is about Victory Smite. Leave it there.

This mod makes me lawl so hard.

And yes, pummel holds its own.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-02 18:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »

Huh, odd.

Strange how 3STR seems to overpower 3% Critical hit damage. I need to learn more maff

you sure its 3%? that would mean the body would have to be close to that too..which would mean its possibly the best body piece for smite, since it has att as well (over alcide's+1 which has only 2 more str)

edit: moreover I can see in some situations why 3 str would beat 3% crit dmg..because...wait...for...it.... you don't always crit every hit of a WS, which would null that stat. Especially, outside of Abyssea. I personally use the AF3+2 body to try to push crit rate, while also buffing attack. I have the Shikkoku Togi as well, but its sitting in my MH, collecting dust.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-11-02 20:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

He meantioned his results were with his stats, Gael stats =/= everyone's stats, thus Darkmessenger would have to post up their gear/atmas/events etc to apply an answer.

Ginhaku Gotes should generally always be better than af3+2 though. Outside on harder things like VW, probably af3+2 should be better.
 Sylph.Ballzack
Server: Sylph
user: Achelies
By Sylph.Ballzack 2011-11-02 21:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What you guys think of this set(KKK SOON! @ 13k~)
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-11-02 21:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Think that its going to be really challenging to use victory smite with Kenkonken equipped
 Sylph.Ballzack
By Sylph.Ballzack 2011-11-02 21:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You didnt know KKK had hidden effect?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-02 21:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

@13k... Alex? Soon? What.
[+]
 Sylph.Ballzack
By Sylph.Ballzack 2011-11-02 22:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

13k Alex yeah I'll have them done before december
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-11-02 23:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
Think that its going to be really challenging to use victory smite with Kenkonken equipped

Meh both weaponskills are similar. I just thought Smite had better mods. The WSDMG on Mythic should equal or pull ahead of smite damage correct? And the Oa2-3 times should be nice.