Gear For Victory Smite (PUP)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Gear for Victory Smite (PUP)
Gear for Victory Smite (PUP)
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-11-02 23:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ballzack said: »
13k Alex yeah I'll have them done before december

Goodluck, I'm going to check back with you in a month to see!
[+]
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-11-02 23:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ballzack said: »

What you guys think of this set(KKK SOON! @ 13k~)

Well, would the aforementioned ginhaku kote beat +2 hands for pummel considering the lowish str mod?

Moonshade earring with atk/tp bonus over vulcans? Outside abys at least, as it would likely work out as 2~3% crit rate.

Lastly, im 99% sure that elemental belt will beat beir+1 for pummel. Roughly a 12% boost or something to fTP (sorry, too tired to even work out the actual % boost 0.1 fTP adds to a 0.75 fTP WS). Also adds a certain amount of acc and conserve tp.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-03 00:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Beir+1 should still beat it inside or outside. Since its a WS mod and pushes some more att, i think....

edit: however, given that is has 2 stat mods, a spiral ring would beat Rajas I think for pummel.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-11-03 00:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Beir+1 should still beat it inside or outside. Since its a WS mod and pushes some more att, i think....

edit: however, given that is has 2 stat mods, a spiral ring would beat Rajas I think for pummel.

Well as far as mods go, 9str comes at +3~ base damage on WS. Considering the way h2h fSTR is calculated, KKK are rank 4, so fSTR+4 should be capped with the other gear even outside. KKK with max merits and capped skill at 90 would be DMG:82. Assuming he uses spiral ring, which would indeed beat rajas if dDEX is capped, and assuming 85 base str would make the dmg during WS +35~, so 117 total. The WS mod from beir+1 would be an overall 3.5% boost to base dmg, as well as the 3.5 atk and *possible* assistance to fSTR. 12% or whatever boost to initial hit dmg, and 13.5 acc (inc the -7 dex from beir) would come out trumps, wouldnt it?

Btw please tell me if i did that wrong...

Edit: cleaned it up.

Edit #2: Should also add, that in the occasions that fSTR is possibly uncapped, dDEX will likely be uncapped way before, making that -7dex on beir+1 quite a hinderance.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-03 00:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I understand, outside of aby, that -7dex will only kill your crit rate if you're already in the dex sweet spot... idk.. And I was also under the impression that the ele belts only applied the bonus to the first hit, so they weren't all that great for multi hits.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-03 00:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

WRank is 4 so fSTR cap would be WRank+8=12, or 44 STR over the mob's VIT.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-11-03 00:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
WRank is 4 so fSTR cap would be WRank+8=12, or 44 STR over the mob's VIT.

Knew i forgot something there, cheers.

Odin.Eikechi said: »
From what I understand, outside of aby, that -7dex will only kill your crit rate if you're already in the dex sweet spot... idk.. And I was also under the impression that the ele belts only applied the bonus to the first hit, so they weren't all that great for multi hits.

The 'WS damage' increase is in the form of fTP, so obviously only boosts the first hit. The acc applies to all hits, and comes at around 10~ acc.

7 dex will harm, whether greatly or not, your crit rate at any time that you are not 1: dDEX cap +7, or 2: floor dDEX.

Honestly night rightly spannered my math with that, but so long as you aren't in negative fSTR, i'd say the fTP boost and added crit rate (assuming high level NM, as anything not will usually be capped fSTR @117 total str per my earlier assumptions) will beat out the 3.5% dmg boost and fSTR increase.

Gtg to work, back later if this is still going.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-11-03 07:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ftp boost is only to the first hit correct, however Pummel is not a 1 hit, thus you have to account for the additional 5 hits.

Youve gone from a .75ftp increase to .85(~13% increase) to a 5.75ftp thus 5.85ftp(1.7% increase,ouch). Hence why ele.belt is generally never recommended over beir belt +1 outside of accuracy issues.

Keep in mind that TA/DA will change the avg ftp of 5.85 to w/e your current ta/da/acc% is.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-11-03 08:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »
Ftp boost is only to the first hit correct, however Pummel is not a 1 hit, thus you have to account for the additional 5 hits.

Youve gone from a .75ftp increase to .85(~13% increase) to a 5.75ftp thus 5.85ftp(1.7% increase,ouch). Hence why ele.belt is generally never recommended over beir belt +1 outside of accuracy issues.

Keep in mind that TA/DA will change the avg ftp of 5.85 to w/e your current ta/da/acc% is.

Ah good point, another thing i missed in my stupor.
 Cerberus.Behemoths
Server: Cerberus
user: Behemoths
By Cerberus.Behemoths 2011-11-15 18:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone, looking for some input/improvements on my PUP tp and VSmite gearsets. I think they look pretty solid but would like some feedback. Thanks in advance.

PUP TP:

PUP VSmite:

The kokugetsu haidate have a total of 6 STR on them. Verethragna is lvl 90. Anwig Salade has WS acc + WS DMG +2%
 Bismarck.Gael
Server: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-11-16 02:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For tp (inside and outside), you can do a lot better with af 3 +2 head + rancor collar + haste 2% feet instead of zelus + faith + af 3+2 feet.

For ws, i will talk with my stats (tarutaru) : str +3/4 earring instead of the aesis, pipilaka instead sentry, ocelometh NQ/HQ instead of the alcide body.

The rest looks fine imo. Of course it depends of what you do. If you are in lolabyssea, on normal mobs or on HL mobs (like VW NMs), you may need to adapt your ws set.

I did 3 sets also, not perfect (missing usu legs and toci body mainly) but i'm fine with any situation with them :
- WS set for abyssea
- WS set for normal mobs
- WS set for HL NMs

You should download the Motenten's spreadsheet in page 1, then check if the stats are correct for humes (they were not for tarutaru), and add the gear you want to test, you will see how you can improve your set for all situations ^^
 Cerberus.Behemoths
Server: Cerberus
user: Behemoths
By Cerberus.Behemoths 2011-11-16 03:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Gael for the input, i'll try out the af 3 +2 head + rancor collar + haste 2% feet combo. I'll check out the Motenten's spreadsheet and see what works best. Much appreciated showing me the gearsets to start working toward.
 Valefor.Lyrminas
Server: Valefor
user: lyrminas
By Valefor.Lyrminas 2011-11-19 17:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

@Gael
What kind of numbers are you pulling off with those ws sets? Ocelomeh is 6m on my server so I'm a little weary about purchasing one unless its a vast improvement ( Not a mathy person so ) Just curious ._.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-19 17:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Lyrminas said: »
@Gael
What kind of numbers are you pulling off with those ws sets? Ocelomeh is 6m on my server so I'm a little weary about purchasing one unless its a vast improvement ( Not a mathy person so ) Just curious ._.
Head slot for PUP is pretty limited for smite. Maat's Cap or Gnadbhod's helm are probably your only other choice if you're not using the salade, alcide's +1 is probably your best AH piece though.
 Bismarck.Gael
Server: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-11-19 18:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess Lyrminas was refering to the ocelometh body, not the head ^^

About your question, it's hard to give you numbers because i dont often come as pup in event (i have whm, blm and brd...) and when i have the chance to come pup, i have my whm filter 90% of time.

But you can believe me when i say that i can compete with any other DD ^^
 Valefor.Lyrminas
Server: Valefor
user: lyrminas
By Valefor.Lyrminas 2011-11-20 00:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Gael I'm happy and broke now :)
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [124 days between previous and next post]
By Podginator 2012-03-22 16:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's what I'm working on for a smite set. Gorget has +2 Crit rate on it, earring has +25tp bonus. Anything I should be working towards? I was thinking nefarious collar, but wasn't sure whether trading off 5 acc for 1% crit would be worth the cost.

Sorry for the Necro, didn't want to create a new topic for this.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-03-22 16:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Thamus Kecks are the only thing I can think of off the top of my head. Others may have more suggestions but the set looks pretty good to me, granted I havn't played too seriously the last few months.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-03-22 17:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe the prosilio belt? DA-5 kinda sucks, but more str and 25 attack helps where pup can lack.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-03-22 17:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Kacura Leggings +1 if accuracy isn't an issue should be an improvement.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-22 17:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said: »
PUP can't wear them.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-03-22 17:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said: »
PUP can't wear them.

Yeah it sucks. they can use alcide harness set, but not kacura :(
By Lucried 2012-03-22 17:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

usukane legs are still pretty good for pup. although only slightly better than what your currently usings
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2012-03-22 17:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much my goal set for the WS.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-03-22 17:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Grim rancor back gives 2 more attack (albeit 5 less dex for crit rate) but allows you to WS in another neck (like maybe ire+1 or something) if you don't need the acc.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-22 17:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Athos's Gloves would give you more STR and 3% crit from set bonus with the chapeau.
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2012-03-22 17:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Athos's Gloves would give you more STR and 3% crit from set bonus with the chapeau.
My fried told me that, I forgot about it till now. He also suggested Nefarious collar and Rancor Mantle as well
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2012-03-22 17:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically like this.

By Podginator 2012-03-22 17:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

With that set bonus in mind how would Athos head / gloves combo compare to Anwig Salade?