I just wish more people thought like this and the perceived gender roles die down a *** lot, I dont enjoy being the one to have to initiate 95% of my relationships and knowing that some girls are just "waiting" for the man to take the first step
If I like you, you *** know it. I don't hide it, I don't play games, I tell you straight up that I want you. Goes over pretty well. I agree though, more females need balls.
^^^This
I'd be attracted to more women then men if this were the case.
Aye, Nini. That's all true. However, that can happen even if you knew them in person first and lived 5 minutes away from them. Nothing lasts forever, but it doesn't hurt to go out on a limb and try something out.
Good luck to you two! :D
I guess my point is it's easier to judge whether or not they're worth your time if you meet them IRL. I've had issues where I've dated someone online, and I couldn't stand them IRL. They were unclean, smelly, etc. If I met them IRL, I'd be like ooookay no *** way and wouldn't even judge them on their personality. I'd just get the *** away.
I completely understand nothing lasts forever, but I'm not a big fan of wasting my time or the other person's time. Especially given that I'm getting older and either need to find someone now~ish, or just accept the fact I'll be foreveralone with a bunch of really cute animals. It's not like I want kids anyway.
maybe its the difference from growing up in a medium-big sized city on the eastcoast to moving to a small college town in the west-midwest but people are so different here and its pretty aggravating
That's probably it. Honestly, I'd just wait until you're out of college to find someone. >___>;
Aye, Nini. That's all true. However, that can happen even if you knew them in person first and lived 5 minutes away from them. Nothing lasts forever, but it doesn't hurt to go out on a limb and try something out.
Good luck to you two! :D
I guess my point is it's easier to judge whether or not they're worth your time if you meet them IRL. I've had issues where I've dated someone online, and I couldn't stand them IRL. They were unclean, smelly, etc. If I met them IRL, I'd be like ooookay no *** way and wouldn't even judge them on their personality. I'd just get the *** away.
I completely understand nothing lasts forever, but I'm not a big fan of wasting my time or the other person's time. Especially given that I'm getting older and either need to find someone now~ish, or just accept the fact I'll be foreveralone with a bunch of really cute animals. It's not like I want kids anyway.
Fæder ūre þū þe eart on heofonum,
[2] Sī þīn nama ġehālgod.
[3] Tōbecume þīn rīċe,
[4] ġewurþe þīn willa, on eorðan swā swā on heofonum.
[5] Ūrne ġedæġhwāmlīcan hlāf syle ūs tō dæġ,
[6] and forgyf ūs ūre gyltas, swā swā wē forgyfað ūrum gyltendum.
[7] And ne ġelǣd þū ūs on costnunge, ac ālȳs ūs of yfele.
[8] Sōþlīċe.
Is that the Lord's prayer? Not sure how you call it in engrish :< and meh idk if i'd call it 'easy' to read
it is, and i guess i just have a superpower of being able to find enough context clues in an indo-european language to figure out the meaning of a sentence >.>
Cnut cyning gret his arcebiscopas and his leod-biscopas and Þurcyl eorl and ealle his eorlas and ealne his þeodscype, twelfhynde and twyhynde, gehadode and læwede, on Englalande freondlice.
And ic cyðe eow, þæt ic wylle beon hold hlaford and unswicende to godes gerihtum and to rihtre woroldlage.
Ic nam me to gemynde þa gewritu and þa word, þe se arcebiscop Lyfing me fram þam papan brohte of Rome, þæt ic scolde æghwær godes lof upp aræran and unriht alecgan and full frið wyrcean be ðære mihte, þe me god syllan wolde.
Nu ne wandode ic na minum sceattum, þa hwile þe eow unfrið on handa stod: nu ic mid godes fultume þæt totwæmde mid minum scattum.
Þa cydde man me, þæt us mara hearm to fundode, þonne us wel licode: and þa for ic me sylf mid þam mannum þe me mid foron into Denmearcon, þe eow mæst hearm of com: and þæt hæbbe mid godes fultume forene forfangen, þæt eow næfre heonon forð þanon nan unfrið to ne cymð, þa hwile þe ge me rihtlice healdað and min lif byð.
o.O Oh God! I didn't know I was going to have a pop quiz today!
I think I see England, I, will, name, Rome, room. What is this from? Is it suppose to be from the Saxon or Nordic invasion of England? Or maybe Roman occupation?
We need to make a separate thread if we're going to get down on Nordic/Germanic/Anglo linguistics. I keep having to sift through the other conversation. This is fun though!
I miss brain food threads. This subject is not a provocative or troublesome one either!
Cnut cyning gret his arcebiscopas and his leod-biscopas and Þurcyl eorl and ealle his eorlas and ealne his þeodscype, twelfhynde and twyhynde, gehadode and læwede, on Englalande freondlice.
And ic cyðe eow, þæt ic wylle beon hold hlaford and unswicende to godes gerihtum and to rihtre woroldlage.
Ic nam me to gemynde þa gewritu and þa word, þe se arcebiscop Lyfing me fram þam papan brohte of Rome, þæt ic scolde æghwær godes lof upp aræran and unriht alecgan and full frið wyrcean be ðære mihte, þe me god syllan wolde.
Nu ne wandode ic na minum sceattum, þa hwile þe eow unfrið on handa stod: nu ic mid godes fultume þæt totwæmde mid minum scattum.
Þa cydde man me, þæt us mara hearm to fundode, þonne us wel licode: and þa for ic me sylf mid þam mannum þe me mid foron into Denmearcon, þe eow mæst hearm of com: and þæt hæbbe mid godes fultume forene forfangen, þæt eow næfre heonon forð þanon nan unfrið to ne cymð, þa hwile þe ge me rihtlice healdað and min lif byð.
o.O Oh God! I didn't know I was going to have a pop quiz today!
I think I see England, I, will, name, Rome, room. What is this from? Is it suppose to be from the Saxon or Nordic invasion of England? Or maybe Roman occupation?
"This is a proclamation from King Cnut the Great to his earl Thorkell the Tall and the English people written in AD 1020."
Vater unser, der du bist im Himmel,
geheiliget werde dein Name.
Dein Reich komme.
Dein Wille geschehe,
wie im Himmel, also auch auf Erden.
Unser täglich Brot gib uns heute.
Und vergib uns unsere Schuld,
wie wir vergeben unseren Schuldigern.
Und führe uns nicht in Versuchung,
sondern erlöse uns von dem Übel.
Denn dein ist das Reich und die Kraft und die Herrlichkeit in Ewigkeit.
Amen.
Cnut cyning gret his arcebiscopas and his leod-biscopas and Þurcyl eorl and ealle his eorlas and ealne his þeodscype, twelfhynde and twyhynde, gehadode and læwede, on Englalande freondlice.
And ic cyðe eow, þæt ic wylle beon hold hlaford and unswicende to godes gerihtum and to rihtre woroldlage.
Ic nam me to gemynde þa gewritu and þa word, þe se arcebiscop Lyfing me fram þam papan brohte of Rome, þæt ic scolde æghwær godes lof upp aræran and unriht alecgan and full frið wyrcean be ðære mihte, þe me god syllan wolde.
Nu ne wandode ic na minum sceattum, þa hwile þe eow unfrið on handa stod: nu ic mid godes fultume þæt totwæmde mid minum scattum.
Þa cydde man me, þæt us mara hearm to fundode, þonne us wel licode: and þa for ic me sylf mid þam mannum þe me mid foron into Denmearcon, þe eow mæst hearm of com: and þæt hæbbe mid godes fultume forene forfangen, þæt eow næfre heonon forð þanon nan unfrið to ne cymð, þa hwile þe ge me rihtlice healdað and min lif byð.
o.O Oh God! I didn't know I was going to have a pop quiz today!
I think I see England, I, will, name, Rome, room. What is this from? Is it suppose to be from the Saxon or Nordic invasion of England? Or maybe Roman occupation?
"This is a proclamation from King Cnut the Great to his earl Thorkell the Tall and the English people written in AD 1020."
I saw "Cnut" and was wondering. I've kind of fallen off with details of Nordic European history though.
Vater unser, der du bist im Himmel,
geheiliget werde dein Name.
Dein Reich komme.
Dein Wille geschehe,
wie im Himmel, also auch auf Erden.
Unser täglich Brot gib uns heute.
Und vergib uns unsere Schuld,
wie wir vergeben unseren Schuldigern.
Und führe uns nicht in Versuchung,
sondern erlöse uns von dem Übel.
Denn dein ist das Reich und die Kraft und die Herrlichkeit in Ewigkeit.
Amen.
My favorite German Christmas Carol is "Stille Nacht" it sounds so pretty in German.
I just wish more people thought like this and the perceived gender roles die down a *** lot, I dont enjoy being the one to have to initiate 95% of my relationships and knowing that some girls are just "waiting" for the man to take the first step
If I like you, you *** know it. I don't hide it, I don't play games, I tell you straight up that I want you. Goes over pretty well. I agree though, more females need balls.
^^^This
I'd be attracted to more women then men if this were the case.
I just wish more people thought like this and the perceived gender roles die down a *** lot, I dont enjoy being the one to have to initiate 95% of my relationships and knowing that some girls are just "waiting" for the man to take the first step
If I like you, you *** know it. I don't hide it, I don't play games, I tell you straight up that I want you. Goes over pretty well. I agree though, more females need balls.
^^^This
I'd be attracted to more women then men if this were the case.
I just wish more people thought like this and the perceived gender roles die down a *** lot, I dont enjoy being the one to have to initiate 95% of my relationships and knowing that some girls are just "waiting" for the man to take the first step
If I like you, you *** know it. I don't hide it, I don't play games, I tell you straight up that I want you. Goes over pretty well. I agree though, more females need balls.
^^^This
I'd be attracted to more women then men if this were the case.
This is a thread that I found on another website I post at. It can be really really interesting. I thought it deserved a place here.
Post your random thoughts for the day here, or anything else that intrigues you.
For starters, is it possible to give constructive critism to someone who doesn't have a neck? I totally just walked by a girl who didn't. Someone isn't getting a necklace for Valentines day!
And who decided black and white can't be colors? I want to say a racist. I really do.