Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16447 16448 16449 ... 22718 22719 22720

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
user: Yatenkou
By Cecilia Charl 2015-02-05 19:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
I got a Spiritomb, it. Is. Slow!
Base Speed is 35.

You will never get a speedy Spiritomb.

At first I thought it was Spirit Bomb, then I was like "35 minutes or 35 episodes?"
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-05 19:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting Pokemon Bank and Transporter. Can Genesect's discs be transferred?
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-02-05 19:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cannot transfer items via the Pokebank.
Server: Ultros
user: Allyha
By Allyha Kiade 2015-02-05 19:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-05 19:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Cannot transfer items via the Pokebank.
That sucks, but at least I'll have the Pokemon I want from B2.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-05 19:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
silly windows 8 hipster nonsense

Not everyone who detests 8 just detests it for the metro interface, even the incredibly stupid decisions they had behind it, there's still a lot of issues with it, starting with that it's just not good to do work on. Sure it's fine to *** around with on a touchscreen, but when you're actually trying to get ***done it's bothersome.

Not to mention compatibility issues, the loss of Aero, silly ***like the Charms bar, and in general making it a chore to get anything done, I'll pass. I'd *** rather use CLI.

I'm hoping they don't butcher 10, I'm waiting until it's more finalized before I give it a whirl.

I personally don't have an issue with 7, nor see any reason to stop using it anytime in the next 5 years or so.

Windows 8 IS an issue.
qft

leo said: »
I friggin' LOATHE the metro UI! That's the reason I don't power on my XBOX360 anymore.

I hate that they ruined the 360 menu, and force ads on people even with a Gold membership, I don't want to see that garbage.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-05 19:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fyyvoaa said: »
Schizm Gallantry said: »
Fyyvoaa said: »
lenovo said:
2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, Audio Combo Jack (headphone and mic), HDMI-out, 4-in-1 (SD / MMC / SDXC / SDHC) card reader, RJ45, SPDIF

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

SDXC? Nice.. :D

They are getting ready for 1Tb and 2Tb cards to hit the market.

Yeah, too bad my camera takes CF cards (don't get me wrong, they're *** awesome ... but expensive and ... yeah :/ I gotta find a card reader that isn't ***)

could just see if there's a compatible SD card for your camera via a CF>SD adapter (probably one of the SD faster/bigger variants).

That way you don't have to spend so much more for the same space, do they even still make cameras that take CF?

Post deleted by User.
By Darkalenia 2015-02-05 19:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to get a Steam Curator group of the ground, and I'm wondering how people go about spreading the word about their own projects/groups/vidoes/etc that get them so many viewers/following/subscribers.

My group is dedicated to quality, no *** Steam reviews. You know what I mean, the ones that you have to dig through the mountains of "joke"/oneliner reviews to see, the ones that actually tell you about the game. I thought that people would appreciate a good review that offered insight on a game they were looking to purchase, but I guess not. What are these other groups' secrets?!

Here's the actual Curator Page, and here's the Steam Group.

Post deleted by User.
By Nazrious 2015-02-05 19:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
silly windows 8 hipster nonsense

Not everyone who detests 8 just detests it for the metro interface, even the incredibly stupid decisions they had behind it, there's still a lot of issues with it, starting with that it's just not good to do work on. Sure it's fine to *** around with on a touchscreen, but when you're actually trying to get ***done it's bothersome.

Not to mention compatibility issues, the loss of Aero, silly ***like the Charms bar, and in general making it a chore to get anything done, I'll pass. I'd *** rather use CLI.

I'm hoping they don't butcher 10, I'm waiting until it's more finalized before I give it a whirl.

I personally don't have an issue with 7, nor see any reason to stop using it anytime in the next 5 years or so.

Windows 8 IS an issue.
qft

leo said: »
I friggin' LOATHE the metro UI! That's the reason I don't power on my XBOX360 anymore.

I hate that they ruined the 360 menu, and force ads on people even with a Gold membership, I don't want to see that garbage.

And these are just some of the reasons why Microsoft has stepped back from the tablet experience on the PC mentality for 10, at least to a degree, from what I have seen.

MS seems to go 98 awesome ME(ignored/worse then 98) Vista garbage 7 awesome 8~8.x (ignored/ worse then 7) leaving 10 as per the MS cycle at being garbage.

Seriously they just need to stop adding frills and make a streamlined OS. One of the biggest WoW factors of 7 and 98 was the efficiency they brought to the table.

I mean I am able to run 7 on an old 98 laptop and imo it seems to run smother.

edit: Battle Pod
Occulus, and the new Microsoft glasses or w/e will probably obsolete that thing

Post deleted by User.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-05 19:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

To me, people are treating Windows 8 like they were Vista and 7 when they wanted to hold onto their precious XP and keep everything the same for eternity. How could Microsoft or any company innovate if they don't try to progress forward? How can you succeed if you don't make mistakes that the majority of the population dislikes?

You could argue that not giving us the option to switch between start menu designs was a flaw, but they were trying to push a design even if it is ugly.

Also, I have yet ran into any compatibility issues, so it must be with very specific software used in the professional world that didn't bother to write in any compatibility for itself for future operating systems.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-05 19:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I've went and made myself curious, and spent the past several minutes getting to the part of downloading the 10 tech preview. Of course I'm going to evaluate the enterprise version, as I haven't used a home version of an OS since 98. (well I used someone else's XP for a bit, but I meant on my computer.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-05 20:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

To me, people are treating Windows 8 like they were Vista and 7 ME when they wanted to hold onto their precious XP and keep everything the same for eternity. How could Microsoft or any company innovate if they don't try to progress forward? How can you succeed if you don't make mistakes that the majority of the population dislikes?

You could argue that not giving us the option to switch between start menu designs was a flaw, but they were trying to push a design even if it is ugly.

Also, I have yet ran into any compatibility issues, so it must be with very specific software used in the professional world that didn't bother to write in any compatibility for itself for future operating systems.

No, they treat 8 like vista/me because it's like ME, and because XP was a brick shithouse.

There's a reason more and more people are switching to open sourced software, mostly because people have options. As for the compatibility: businesses aside, we're going to start running into more and more compatibility issues, the one reason a lot of us probably don't is thanks to Steam, as for other software: yeah, people are going to have issues. For pirates it's not that big of a deal to just grab the new version of whatever you need that's compatible, but for people who pay for their software, it's a big deal to have to upgrade when the software you have does what it needs to do. Even more-so in the business environment, not even getting into vendor supported apps, as those in the industry know that they never update their ***.

I'll make a 8.1 VM later on my desktop and give it a run through with a bunch of software I have (main problem with this for me is that most of the software I use anymore is OS, so there's free updates...) but there's some stuff I still use here and there that I'm sure will throw a fit.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-05 20:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

8 is no where near as bad as Vista lol.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-05 20:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Matter of an opinion, to a lot of people it's worse. Which is rough considering a lot consider Vista to be 7's released alpha.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-02-05 20:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

/doodles windows on Kali
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-05 20:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Matter of an opinion, to a lot of people it's worse.
We aren't talking about opinions here. The performance is better than Vista, and the accessibility to programs is exactly the same as 7.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-05 20:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

We aren't talking about opinions here. The performance is better than Vista, and the accessibility to programs is exactly the same as 7.

Actually we kinda are, as it's all about the user experience, which is subjective.

As for the bold, no it isn't.

edit: but really your argument is against "hipsters" who you claim just hate 8 because it's the "in" thing to do and it's not XP, which is far from being accurate.

I'm not trying to bust your metaphorical balls Kali.

Honestly, do you want to know my main issue with 8? It's the idea of having to train users on how to use it, I pity any and all persons who have to support this in an enterprise environment, I shudder at the thought. If M$ continues down this path, I'm going to start transitioning to dip out of the IT field, or migrate over to the linux side of things.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-02-05 20:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Windows 8 was a buggy PoS when it launched. It was horrible to navigate, use, customize, and look at.

It was pretty much Vistas launch all over again.

Just like Vista that horrible launch ruined it. No matter how decent it is now it will always be garbage. They should have known to fix it up more before the release.

Windows 10 will end up being what Windows 8 was supposed to be. Microsoft does this all the damn time lol.

Step 1 - Release shitty OS to see how people like it.
Step 2 - Fix shitty OS up some so you can say you are supporting it.
Step 3 - Take everything you learned and make a decent OS.
Step 4 - Announce new OS that is everything the last one should have been.

It's the Microsoft way =D
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-05 20:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually we kinda are, as it's all about the user experience, which is subjective.

As for the bold, no it isn't.
With 7 you have your desktop, start menu, task bar, and search/find.

With 8 you have the same things, except the start menu is larger. I know a few people who are older who enjoy the tiles because they are easier to find.

of course there are those who live by "change is bad stop making things different".

It really is no different.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-05 20:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's different but it's not different.
seriously this is your argument...

I know people who still think MACS are better for suited for graphic development, it doesn't make them right. (They were once upon a time, before they switched processor types).

Hell I know I can just use classic shell in windows 8, I still use 7 because it's better suited.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-05 20:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm dropping it now btw, time to play some FFX and find some plot.
By Darkalenia 2015-02-05 20:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just poking around on the Steam forums, and a lot of people have technical issues with a number of games. In some of these cases, the issue is Windows 8. Apparently Windows 8 isn't tooled up for games like Win7/other OS's.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-02-05 20:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 leo
By leo 2015-02-05 20:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

ME was Windows 98 kernel plus the new technologies they were developing at the time:

WDM (Windows Driver Model)
DirectX 8 (enhanced version which would eventually become DX8.1 which FFXI uses)

Unfortunately at the time most people were using Windows 98 and because ME was still compatible with legacy Win9x VXD drivers people kept installing VXD drivers on that os. Also it had updated DLLs which said drivers would often overwrite, breaking things.

That's how people ended with mad blue screen problems on that OS. Also it was the first OS with System Restore (along with 2k on the NT side of things) and that System Restore had a comical effect of making the system unable to ever finish a scandisk or a defrag session without having to restart thousands of times (hence the Japanese joke about ME being clumsy on me-tan stuff).

On Vista, they had a million of neat things added but that too broke stuff. This time instead of breaking the OS by letting people install older drivers they actually put effort into making sure people could NOT install older drivers on the OS. (This is the main reason why I am still on XP by the way)

Windows 7 is just Windows Vista with some love added/compatibility issues solved(for applications, not drivers).

Windows 8 was an upgrade but they were now trying to force desktops to act like portable touch screen devices, as part of a bigger plot to implement/push their "surface" technology, which apparently backfired due to users resistance. (as mentioned before for productivity problems the new interface brought)

Releasing Windows 10 so soon is simply an attempt at damage control for the UI backslash.

For example the problem with Windows ME in 1999 was so serious they just swept it under the rug and called it a day. They also killed the Win9x line of products and made Windows 2000 the basis of everything they would release from that point on.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-05 20:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You know there's a lot of drivers for legacy hardware for windows 7 that people took the time to develop, probably not for 64bit but 32bbit you should be pretty dandy.

Have you tried lately?
First Page 2 3 ... 16447 16448 16449 ... 22718 22719 22720