Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-02-09 18:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Crysten said:
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
If a MNK and WHM can't kill something, get a better MNK. If you still can't do it, get a better WHM. Problem solved.

Seconded.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-09 18:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
light
There's your answer
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-10 09:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
I've seen T2 aga spells trigger grellow before but that shits not listed on wiki.

The only Tier 2 AOE spell for yellow !! is Banishga II.

Anything else is a myth.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-10 09:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
the real irony is how rated down OP was for this thread (I'm well aware OP would be rated down by people no matter the content of the post on this site) and people had the attitude of "everyone is in agreement with all the intricacies of Abyssea" saying there are no longer any myths but now there is all this discussion about what some believed were myths and others are saying is true. carry on ^^

Exactly, Tweeek.
:)

Ramuh.Bekisa said:
don't forget that having signet hurts drops! Have everyone with signet drop from party before kill or you will get no osodes!!!!

The game has gotten much easier but I see some things have not changed :D

Haha!
<3 Bekisa.
Been a long time, how you doin'?
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-10 10:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
I've seen T2 aga spells trigger grellow before but that shits not listed on wiki.

The only Tier 2 AOE spell for yellow !! is Banishga II.

Anything else is a myth.
It's not yellow
 Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-02-10 10:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's sure as hell not "grellow".

Whoever came up with that really, really sucks.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-10 10:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
It's sure as hell not "grellow".

Whoever came up with that really, really sucks.
Read the thread, this has been addressed twice. It has an official name.
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-02-10 10:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The shading on the grellow !! is of green and yellow, this is a common occurrence as yellow will tend to take on a greenish color on its way to black.

On my VRC monitor its yellow with a hint of green.
Not completely yellow but close enough
If I'm using my lcd monitor the !! symbol is all green.
If I had never played on my vrc I would think you are color blind if you think that color is yellow.
So saying its Yellow is incorrect.

And I have proced cure 3 on undead nm while in event with the OP and it was the only spell in the chat log at the time. But as I don't like undead nms and I avoid them if I can. So if anyone does fight these on lights day, or if we fight one again, and you can't find the light trigger, try a cure 3 or 4. As I don't have screen shot for this happening I'm not gunna argue, because hey I could have missed something in the chat log, I wasn't the only mage there. I'm also not the only one who saw and agreed that the cure spell was the trigger at the time of the event.
By Fodder 2011-02-10 10:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I have used Sunburst to proc red on darkness element many times.

My opinion: The WS functions like it's description, it will be light or dark each time you use it, not necessarily matching up with the weakness from discernment. Sometimes it doesn't proc the first time (or few times) I use it because the wrong element wins out in the random number generator. If discernment says darkeness, you got a message from each of the other darkness WS that can trigger, and red wasn't proc'd, you can bet it's Sunburst so keep trying until it procs.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-10 10:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
it was the only spell in the chat log
Adjust your chat log. What does undead have to do with it? You can proc Amber when it heals the mob. It just can't proc if/when it resists.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-10 10:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fodder said:

My opinion: The WS functions like it's description, it will be light or dark each time you use it, not necessarily matching up with the weakness from discernment. Sometimes it doesn't proc the first time (or few times) I use it because the wrong element wins out in the random number generator. If discernment says darkeness, you got a message from each of the other darkness WS that can trigger, and red wasn't proc'd, you can bet it's Sunburst so keep trying until it procs.
Wrong, aside from unclean WS' (mob using tp move, etc.), I've never had a sunburst fail on the first try, provided it was the proc.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-10 10:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Wrong, aside from unclean WS' (mob using tp move, etc.), I've never had a sunburst fail on the first try, provided it was the proc.

same.
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-10 10:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Fodder said:

Sunburst's element isn't random.

* If used to open a chain, the property will be light. If used to close a chain, property will be dark.
* Seems as though INT or MND affects damage, minutely.

Still would like to see a screenshot with someone proccing it for darkness
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-02-10 10:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Proc'd red with Sunburst on Iron somethingorother in Grauberg. Hint was Darkness.

THEN proc'd red on Long-Barrel'd in Altepa with Sunburst, hint was Light.

Fun night, my WAR was quite useful. <3
[+]
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-02-10 10:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone posted that a friend of theirs wasn't getting discernment triggers, a couple nights ago while farming briareus pop sets I went through all 3 nms and briareus without a single trigger of mine useing cyclone first then only energy drain since it does 0 damage to aim for a red clue, I killed all 3 nms with using energy drain only for my tp moves as soon as my tp hit 100%. I also killed briareus with evis without a clue as I was not seeking any triggers. All in a row all on the same night, multiple battles with each ki nm and no discernment procs, My first quick magic with AoA was over 100 utsi cast. Random crap is random.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-02-10 11:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm amazed that people are dumb enough to think that sunburst won't proc red when it says darkness.
Simply Amazed.
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-10 11:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
I'm amazed that people are dumb enough to think that sunburst won't proc red when it says darkness.
Simply Amazed.
Still need a screenshot

Lots of ppl go with NIN and a WAR always so they can proc red 100% of the time. Never heard that anyone had to use sunburst for darkness from them. Darkness is usually always EI or Energy drain for us. Rarely scythe, really rarely. But we never had not a proc after these 3 ws. Not a single time. And we killed a ***tons of nms.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-10 11:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Simply Amazed.

then take a *** screen shot it's not that difficult if it happens as much as people say that's all people are asking for. For many people the other 3 WS ALWAYS trigger when discernment is darkness. I'm open to the possibility of it being Sunburst if I ever could not trigger on darkness I would give Sunburst a go but I still would like someone to show us so we are sure no other factors we coming in to play muddying up the water.

Submit a picture and silence the masses, it's not a difficult concept. "I'm amazed that you are dumb enough to think" that your experiences are the same as everyone else.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-02-10 11:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
Simply Amazed.

...lol... okay I've for one never experienced this, whenever its dark always Ei ED(not erectile disfunction) or SoD, it's never come down to the use of sunburst >_> and never would I have considered sunburst all be it the description light or dark damage, but then again with FFXI a lot of the descriptions of the weapon skills are questionable

for example Flame Shot or Fire Shot or whatever the first ranged WS is, that description says deals fire damage blahblahblah, there for you think it would give amber, but nope! ruby indicating the game thinks it as a physical weaponskill.