Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-09 10:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Crysten said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Erm, !! are lost if the name turns yellow. Anytime it happens, after procing red, atmas are not gained. Easy way to test it if you think its a myth :/

Nope, that's only if the mob goes idle and loses all aggro toward you and your party.

I've gotten the Heqet key item at least 4 times by claiming it, letting it go yellow, and having another party kill it for me.~
Genius. I actually knew this happened, but never thought of trying to use it to my advantage.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-02-09 10:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You do not need a 18 legion army to get your boots now...

2-4 ppl can lights no prob... takes 2 ppl to do ele ws or if u can self solo ele ws, then you're golden and ok to go.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-09 10:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:
these have all been busted on like the first few days of abyssea

That's just the point, Topdogg, exactly.

The myths I listed in the OP have been disproved for a while, yes. However, I still see lots of players adhering to these myths during gameplay.

I'm just trying to spread the word so fewer people waste their time propagating myths to the FFXI public. I'm not trying to save the universe -.-

People propagating the myths are people who don't read forums.

i dunno about that: I wish it were true
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightwisher
Server: Fenrir
user: Queezy
By Fenrir.Nightwisher 2011-02-09 10:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow said:
Ephemeral Amoeba give 10 Azure lights. Murex are good xp targets. A Mnk and a Whm can do anything.
MNK and WHM can do anything, and Murex are good exp(with a RDM puller). So how is that a myth?
Dunno bout that, Mnk and Whm can't do everything, like 85% of everything but not exactly 100%. Granted there is some level of luck(abundance of Temp items) that might play into some fights that would produce a win but a mnk/whm cant do everything consistantly.
I.e My little pony in the range,Both the cactus nms in altep.Azdaja(maybe but again would require luck again),Ironclad in range, prolly some others but cant think of them atm.

Also a myth that I hear alot is "If you enter an abyssea zone and do not get visitant status b4 you warp out you will have to wait an hour" That is true but only in the original 3 zones. Other zones have no wait
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-09 10:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightwisher said:
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow said:
Ephemeral Amoeba give 10 Azure lights. Murex are good xp targets. A Mnk and a Whm can do anything.
MNK and WHM can do anything, and Murex are good exp(with a RDM puller). So how is that a myth?
Dunno bout that, Mnk and Whm can't do everything, like 85% of everything but not exactly 100%. Granted there is some level of luck(abundance of Temp items) that might play into some fights that would produce a win but a mnk/whm cant do everything consistantly.
I.e My little pony in the range,Both the cactus nms in altep.Azdaja(maybe but again would require luck again),Ironclad in range, prolly some others but cant think of them atm.

Also a myth that I hear alot is "If you enter an abyssea zone and do not get visitant status b4 you warp out you will have to wait an hour" That is true but only in the original 3 zones. Other zones have no wait
I'm pretty sure that is not true. Not anymore. It used to be like that but they changed it, not only in the newer zones I believe
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-09 10:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightwisher said:

did not know that.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-02-09 11:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Crysten said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Erm, !! are lost if the name turns yellow. Anytime it happens, after procing red, atmas are not gained. Easy way to test it if you think its a myth :/

Nope, that's only if the mob goes idle and loses all aggro toward you and your party.

I've gotten the Heqet key item at least 4 times by claiming it, letting it go yellow, and having another party kill it for me.~

Ditto, with Tunga. Lotsa times.
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-02-09 11:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
You do not need a 18 legion army to get your boots now...

2-4 ppl can lights no prob... takes 2 ppl to do ele ws or if u can self solo ele ws, then you're amber and ok to go.

FTFY. :D
 Fenrir.Ilax
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-09 11:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Not sure if this has been properly tested, but it has occurred in my LS at least twice.

If someone gets initial claim on a mob (For instance, if they want the KI from it) and then claims another mob and starts fighting it, they will lose initial claim on the first mob (it will go to whoever hits it next).

On more than once occasion we've had someone pull a KI NM, it came with a link, then they attacked the link before the NM. Someone other than the initial puller got the KI.

Myths again.

Maybe a mix up of who aggroed and who claimed? Because aggro NM wont give you *initial claim*.
 Fenrir.Ilax
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-09 11:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Another Myths...

If you Time out you loose all your temp Item. (False SE Fixed that)

If you DC and Time out you loose all your temp item. (True, SE still need to fix that one)

[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-02-09 11:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

2 full alliances can get atma off one NM. When the last installment of abyssea came out we went to altepa to kill Bennu. One alliance had pretty much wiped to him, so I stood by with gaxe drawn, as it walked my I swung and got claim. We killed but no atma (we really just wanted title.). I knew some of the members of the ls that had wiped, so I told them I would pop for them. I dropped out of my alliance and joined their alliance. I popped NM and as soon they got hate I dropped pt and went back to my linkshell's alliance. We went off to fight dragua, and when the other alliance killed Bennu, both alliances got the atma. Not a myth.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-09 12:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
2 full alliances can get atma off one NM. When the last installment of abyssea came out we went to altepa to kill Bennu. One alliance had pretty much wiped to him, so I stood by with gaxe drawn, as it walked my I swung and got claim. We killed but no atma (we really just wanted title.). I knew some of the members of the ls that had wiped, so I told them I would pop for them. I dropped out of my alliance and joined their alliance. I popped NM and as soon they got hate I dropped pt and went back to my linkshell's alliance. We went off to fight dragua, and when the other alliance killed Bennu, both alliances got the atma. Not a myth.

you got the atma because you popped/claimed it (in their party) but no one else in your alliance (the one you rejoined after they got hate) should have got the atma. but to be honest i'm kinda having a hard time following your story.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-02-09 12:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
you got the atma because you popped/claimed it (in their party) but no one else in your alliance (the one you rejoined after they got hate) should have got the atma. but to be honest i'm kinda having a hard time following your story.

Both alliances (32 people got it)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-02-09 12:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, I'm assuming it was a bug. But was funny when 2 alliances got it. I really have no need to test it again, especially for risk of betting ban hammer or something.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-02-09 12:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Wow. That's news to me. I never even heard that happening before
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-09 12:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
Sunburst can proc red!! for darkness

That's not a myth, that's a fact:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/18490/red-weakness-question/

As for Elemental debuffs and tier 1 and 2 spells being !! triggers - well I come across people believing this almost on a daily basis. It's not a myth, just ignorance. :/
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-02-09 12:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said:
That's not a myth, that's a fact: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/18490/red-weakness-question/ As for Elemental debuffs and tier 1 and 2 spells being !! triggers - well I come across people believing this almost on a daily basis. It's not a myth, just ignorance. :/
Ignorance isn't bliss, but a sin. And we ALL sin about something...
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-09 12:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said:

That's not a myth, that's a fact:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/18490/red-weakness-question/

As for Elemental debuffs and tier 1 and 2 spells being !! triggers - well I come across people believing this almost on a daily basis. It's not a myth, just ignorance. :/

why doesn't someone submit this to wiki with a picture I'm wondering to correct the table?

Abyssea Main page

If Sunburst is the weakness trigger, the Abyssite of Discernment will always cite the weakness as being a light-based WS, despite the in-game description of Sunburst as a light+darkness based WS.

I haven't come across it personally but I'll keep an eye out for it. It's odd that someone went out of their way to make this statement yet multiple people have seen the contrary. If someone submits a pic we could get wiki updated and help educate a larger portion of the community.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-09 12:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll keep this in mind and take the necessary screenshots when possible.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-09 13:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Asura.Tamoa said:
That's not a myth, that's a fact: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/18490/red-weakness-question/ As for Elemental debuffs and tier 1 and 2 spells being !! triggers - well I come across people believing this almost on a daily basis. It's not a myth, just ignorance. :/
why doesn't someone submit this to wiki with a picture I'm wondering to correct the table? Abyssea Main page If Sunburst is the weakness trigger, the Abyssite of Discernment will always cite the weakness as being a light-based WS, despite the in-game description of Sunburst as a light+darkness based WS. I haven't come across it personally but I'll keep an eye out for it. It's odd that someone went out of their way to make this statement yet multiple people have seen the contrary. If someone submits a pic we could get wiki updated and help educate a larger portion of the community.

That's what I detest about editing wiki. I can come in and make 100 edits with information I can absolutely backup. Then some clown can come in in ago "zomg i was liek 1/1000 on PCA *edit article*". Some person could have looked in their weaponskill list, seen that it had a light based icon, and edited that article completely on opinion. I had went back to the site, long after memorizing what skills were red !!, and noticed that edit. I didn't fix the page (or even consider fixing it) untill Tamoa made their post. I am not the "edit without being sure guy" so I've been waiting to have it come down to sunburst where I can screenshot it. I am however seeing more people who INSIST it can hit darkness.
 Gilgamesh.Topdogg
user: opti09
By Gilgamesh.Topdogg 2011-02-09 13:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:

Both alliances (32 people got it)
if you're the one who claimed and you disband party, only you will get atma, no one else.
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-02-09 13:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems* like the more fervently people argue about their experience - when it contradicts most everyone else - the less true it actually is.

* Yes, "seems" is not a very good measuring system.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-09 13:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Not sure if this has been properly tested, but it has occurred in my LS at least twice.

If someone gets initial claim on a mob (For instance, if they want the KI from it) and then claims another mob and starts fighting it, they will lose initial claim on the first mob (it will go to whoever hits it next).

On more than once occasion we've had someone pull a KI NM, it came with a link, then they attacked the link before the NM. Someone other than the initial puller got the KI.

Myths again.

Maybe a mix up of who aggroed and who claimed? Because aggro NM wont give you *initial claim*.
The NMs were pulled, and attacked by the initial puller before the initial puller switched and attacked the link. I did not word it properly in my initial post, I should have said "...then they attacked the link before the NM was killed."

edit: When I say "pulled" I mean pulled with an aggresive action, not just aggro'd
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-09 13:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Cure spells are yellow !! trigger spells of the NM is undead.

Since you always want to call grellow wrong, I shall call yellow wrong as well.
It's actually Amber Weakness.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-09 13:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I play a lot. Always abyssea nms. Completed a few empyreans. We usually go nin+war so we can proc red all the time. Been doing this stuff since the second abyssea addon. Never, not even a single time was sunburst darkness proc. Nor have I ever heard that anyone was able to proc it for darkness. It's only 13 weaponskills, can't be a coincidence that only 1 or 2 ppl think that it can proc darkness.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-09 13:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't "think" it can proc, I know it can. Because I have personally done it, as have other people.
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-02-09 13:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen T2 aga spells trigger grellow before but that shits not listed on wiki.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-09 13:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess we have to wait for screenshots then. Completed Gun,GK,GA,2xkatana empyrean + tons of af3+2 items. That is a pretty big example imo.