First Page 2 3 4 5
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-09 15:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:

There are a very small number of people who claim they have seen it proc after darkness was discerned. Because of this I feel it is safe to assume that mistakes were made. Either someone else procced red with a different Darkness WS while Sunburst was being used, or the red proc was somehow reset after the Darkness discernment, and it became sunburst.

That's why I want to see pics too, all 3 possibilities are possible (3rd being it does in fact proc dark) :)

It's going to be much easier to "prove" than it is to "disprove".
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-02-09 15:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It'd be nice if the text would say "player name"'s attack staggers... rather than "Your" which is just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE since you see it even if you aren't in the same ally as the person who just staggered some random nm as you were walking by. Heck, it'd be really nice if they would just say "Player's name's "specific attack or spell name" staggers... and then remove any question.

Chat log proof, so long as it isn't too cropped or the user didn't have too many chat log filters, is certainly better than nothing though and a darkness sunburst could be proven provided there was nothing else going on at the same time but yeah, it certainly isn't the end all.
[+]
By Jabel 2011-02-09 15:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

We need TE, so we need Magic Kills so that we get Blue Chests to drop.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ilax
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-09 16:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Jabel said:

woah, that was a hella old myths lol [was also funny when ppl say that XD]
[+]
 Ragnarok.Holyman
user: Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2011-02-09 16:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Jabel said:

It's not actually myth , even after capping lights , what type of kill influence the next chest .
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-09 16:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Holyman said:
Jabel said:

It's not actually myth , even after capping lights , what type of kill influence the next chest .

answer: none

*edit: imo, the only real way you can get ride of 25+ Ruby light is zoning, maybe doing 5000 Azure would do the tric too, but idk, there is no proof of that, if you take EXP PT, that can't prove anything since there so many in/out that could have confuse you about the current light status. (What i know is we even tryed to Azure kill 100+ mob after have too many ruby, and that never made the trick.)

Ragnarok.Holyman
user: Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2011-02-09 16:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean by capping lights , Azure & Amber.

& YES IT DOES influence next chest , you can read BG post where they tested the distribution of lights .

One of the myths this disprove is the abyssites & its effects on lights/chests distribution, Here.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-09 16:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Ragnarok.Holyman said:
Jabel said:

*edit: imo, the only real way you can get ride of 25+ Ruby light is zoning, maybe doing 5000 Azure would do the tric too, but idk, there is no proof of that, if you take EXP PT, that can't prove anything since there so many in/out that could have confuse you about the current light status. (What i know is we even tryed to Azure kill 100+ mob after have too many ruby, and that never made the trick.)

oh so you're saying you believe in the 'ruby is bad' myth?
 Ramuh.Bekisa
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2011-02-09 16:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

don't forget that having signet hurts drops! Have everyone with signet drop from party before kill or you will get no osodes!!!!

The game has gotten much easier but I see some things have not changed :D
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-02-09 16:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I, and other members of my linkshell, have procced darkness red with Sunburst. It actually happens quite often to us. Of course, our Discernment Abyssites also lie to us often. One example being it telling us Red was Ice, which is Freezebite. After about 10 clean Freezebites and no red !! we just killed the damn thing. Once on the cockatrice NM in Tahrongi discernment said wind, we did clean Cyclones and Jinpus, and no red proced. A few times on Shinryu it would tell us that it was Staff for blue, we'd go through all the staff triggers multiple times in the sliver of a chance that you get to proc it, and blue would never proc. There are countless other, less blurry, examples as well.

My thoughts since reading that Sunburst is supposedly Light only, have been that the Discernment Abyssite was lying. It says Dark, but the WS was really Light and happened to be Sunburst.
 Siren.Ilax
Server: Siren
By Siren.Ilax 2011-02-09 16:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Ragnarok.Holyman said:
Jabel said:

Ruby is like the Aids of Abyssea, the less you have the better chance you wont time out, is about same for amber, is good to have some amber by time you don't abuse of it, and in the end abusing of amber will just result into big gold chest for Temp item or KI ( depend if is really what you looking for can be a great deal)

My myths: You have more chance get your feet from a small gold chest then a big gold chest, that also apply for spell, pop item ect. Is this a myths? Maybe it is, but is from my experienced in abyssea.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-09 16:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ilax said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Ragnarok.Holyman said:
Jabel said:

Ruby is like the Aids of Abyssea, the less you have the better chance you wont time out

^ This is just simply not true.

Here.

Siren.Ilax said:

My myths: You have more chance get your feet from a small gold chest then a big gold chest, that also apply for spell, pop item ect. Is this a myths? Maybe it is, but is from my experienced in abyssea.

That's not a myth it's a pretty well known fact. AF3 feet are not considered powerful items so it's easier to get more AF3 feet in gold chests when Amber is not capped.
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-09 16:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

@Gilgamesh.Tweeek How that can't be true? Even the logic work that way. No ruby light mean less frequency for Red chest, so in same logic more blue chest frequency, or blu/gold depend of your azure/amber.

@Ragnarok.Holyman for your BG link, i don't see where is talking about light except for that blue mage talking about abyssite and Box type, maybe i missed the post?
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-09 16:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
@Gilgamesh.Tweeek No ruby light mean less frequency for Red chest

This is in fact a true statement but that does not mean you can automatically jump to the conclusion that less frequency of Red chest = Ruby is like the Aids of Abyssea the less you have the better chance you wont time out ..as you put it.

There is a clear difference in:

"the best / quickest possible way to farm / generate TE"
vs
"you will time out if you get ruby"

Yes, if your primary goal is to get TE, don't get Ruby it will not help you get more TE and it will lessen the frequency in which you get TE. Again, if your primary goal is to get over 200+ TE (there is no reason you would require this in a experience points party) then by all means do not get any Ruby it will slow down how quickly you build TE.

If you are not trying to build 200+ TE and simply wish to "not time out" then you can freely get Ruby and in an Experience Points party I actually recommend getting Ruby after Azure and Pearl is capped so that you can quickly cap Gold light. You should not worry about timing out, if you time out it's not because someone got some Ruby or even capped Ruby it's because you are either killing too slow or your Pearl/Azure is no longer capped.

Lastly:

Fenrir.Ilax said:
in same logic more blue chest frequency, or blu/gold depend of your azure/amber.

Blue chest drop rate is not affected by Azure.
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-09 16:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
@Gilgamesh.Tweeek How that can't be true? Even the logic work that way. No ruby light mean less frequency for Red chest, so in same logic more blue chest frequency, or blu/gold depend of your azure/amber.

@Ragnarok.Holyman for your BG link, i don't see where is talking about light except for that blue mage talking about abyssite and Box type, maybe i missed the post?

There is a clear difference in:

"the best / quickest possible way to farm / generate TE"
vs
"you will time out if you get ruby"

Yes if your primary goal is to get TE, don't get Ruby it will not help you get more TE and it will lessen the frequency in which you get TE. If you are not trying to build 200+ TE and simply wish to "not time out" then you can freely get Ruby and in an Experience Points party I actually recommend getting Ruby after Azure and Pearl is capped so that you can quickly cap Gold. You should not worry about timing out, if you time out it's not because someone got some Ruby or even capped Ruby it's because you are either killing too slow or your Pearl/Azure is no longer capped.

Oh i am sorry, i agree i might have said it the wrong way >< never said you wont get anymore TE, just say the frequency of TE will drop by tons.

There some point you probably forget too, i agree with you, Ruby wont affect the member with 200 min, but think about other member that are joining:

1) They can't killshot bc they don't have light built (Azure/Pearl).
2) The only light they are getting after 45 min is Ruby bc ppl only spam that. (or going to be a mix of Ruby+Pearl)

For the new member, it would be more simple to just exit as soon old member leave, so he have a better chance restore on TE. In other word, disband asap after old member leaving.

I also see no point for Ruby kill outside rushing for the kill? But even then, without a WS kill, is way too easy for a blm, smn or sch to blow out the last 30~45%, and it also help the new member to built they azure light.

*Edit: i think is fair enough to say:
1) Only leecher care about Gold light.
or
2) Only player that still prefer to play in old zone like gold light.

With Dominion there no way ppl will care about gold light, or i am sure is by far not a generality. I would trade TE way before the mini Exp boost it give in new zone.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-02-09 16:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Grellow makes me want to punch babies... its yellow, get over it.
[+]
 Siren.Ilax
Server: Siren
By Siren.Ilax 2011-02-09 16:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said:
Grellow makes me want to punch babies... its yellow, get over it.
or let call it green :) think it was the point of Grellow, so everyone was happy. ( i guess :P )
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-09 16:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I already said it on page 2.

The official name is Amber, lol.

"red" is Ruby weakness
"blue" is Azure weakness
"Grellow" is Amber weakness.

They updated the glossary on the POL website to make up for ps2 limitations of not being able to put it in the game for auto translate.
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-09 16:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-02-09 17:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said:
I, and other members of my linkshell, have procced darkness red with Sunburst. It actually happens quite often to us. Of course, our Discernment Abyssites also lie to us often. One example being it telling us Red was Ice, which is Freezebite. After about 10 clean Freezebites and no red !! we just killed the damn thing. Once on the cockatrice NM in Tahrongi discernment said wind, we did clean Cyclones and Jinpus, and no red proced. A few times on Shinryu it would tell us that it was Staff for blue, we'd go through all the staff triggers multiple times in the sliver of a chance that you get to proc it, and blue would never proc. There are countless other, less blurry, examples as well.

My thoughts since reading that Sunburst is supposedly Light only, have been that the Discernment Abyssite was lying. It says Dark, but the WS was really Light and happened to be Sunburst.

The abyssite doesn't lie. For starters, if you look at the help info for sunburst, you will see that it says "Deals light or darkness elemental damage." It is a proc for both light and dark !!. Secondly, if your abyssite said ice for red, then it is ice. There is no way it can lie. You either 1, got that information from a spell for yellow proc, or 2, can't land clean weaponskills, or 3, the mob went white and lost all hate causing it to reset; remember, some mobs' regular hits count as tp moves when procing.

Regarding your blue on shinryuu, his regular hits count as tp moves; see above.

In other words, the abyssite doesn't ever lie; you're doing something wrong.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-09 17:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
but think about other member that are joining

When members join the leader of the party should cap their Azure and Pearl like I said I agree that Azure/Pearl should always be capped for any member who may get a kill shot.

Honestly I don't exp anymore it's extremely boring to me.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-09 17:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it doesn't lie lol. And just killing the mob after not being able to proc doesn't really prove anything. Now if it said "Ice" and you procced it with earth crusher then it would have lied but I'd rather think that you guys just didnt get a clean ws off
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-02-09 17:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

"red" is Ruby weakness
"blue" is Azure weakness

They updated the glossary on the POL website to make up for ps2 limitations of not being able to put it in the game for auto translate.

I wish I knew why they decided to make 'azure' weakness to physical ws rather than to magic which gives azure light...

On a side note, I love the term grellow and it fits quite well since there is a little green gradient in there. I do agree that it is mostly yellow though.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-09 17:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

"red" is Ruby weakness
"blue" is Azure weakness

I wish I knew why they decided to make 'azure' weakness to physical ws rather than to magic which gives azure light...

On a side note, I love the term grellow and it fits quite well since there is a little green gradient in there. I do agree that it is mostly yellow though.

lol good point.

Elemental WS = Amber Light / Ruby!!
Magic = Azure Light / Amber!!
Physical WS = Ruby Light / Azure!!

WTF... mindblown.
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-09 17:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I know right? i think it was a bad joke :P
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-02-09 17:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I would assume there may have been some talk as to having a paper-rock-scissors like thing and make azure lock ws because magic is strong to physical ws, make physical ws freeze the mob and amber lock magic and they just half assed it.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-02-09 18:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
You do not need a 18 legion army to get your boots now...

2-4 ppl can lights no prob... takes 2 ppl to do ele ws or if u can self solo ele ws, then you're amber and ok to go.

FTFY. :D

I meant golden as your got your boots, but I guess this was a joke..

golden lighs/ amber lights...

XD
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-09 18:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-09 18:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What color circle appears next to Sunburst on the weaponskill menu?
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-09 18:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

light