Is There A Empryean Weapon That Outshines Others

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Is there a empryean weapon that outshines others
Is there a empryean weapon that outshines others
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Caitsith.Ejin
Guide Maker
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Ejin
By Caitsith.Ejin 2011-02-09 15:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Not counting retaliation for war or counter for mnk; Ukon war dropping hasso still beats a 90 vereth mnk.

Assuming march x2 and haste. War not using hasso.

MNK DPS: 574.108
WAR DPS: 598.472

edit: These numbers are probably not precise, as they don't count ODD favoring Ukon, mnk is /nin(but still getting berserk bonus), and restraint bonus for war WS. My only point was that when war drops hasso, it doesn't suddenly nosedive below mnk.
By Serj 2011-02-09 15:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Ejin said:
Not counting retaliation for war or counter for mnk; Ukon war dropping hasso still beats a 90 vereth mnk.

Assuming march x2 and haste. War not using hasso.

MNK DPS: 574.108
WAR DPS: 598.472

True, but taking counter and retaliation into consideration, if you're using seigan, you're losing retaliations and a mnk is pulling ahead, on top of losing hasso. It's just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
By Ashaaman 2011-02-09 15:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
What's the point of a WAR not using it? If you're not using a defensive capability WAR is capable of using when you get into a shitty situation, you need to quit WAR now.

Once you've played a fully hasted, retaliation up, hasso up, etc 5-hit Ukon WAR... You want deleted your seigan/TE macros.

Anyone else agree? Lol
 Caitsith.Ejin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Caitsith.Ejin 2011-02-09 15:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashaaman said:
Cerberus.Tikal said:
What's the point of a WAR not using it? If you're not using a defensive capability WAR is capable of using when you get into a shitty situation, you need to quit WAR now.

Once you've played a fully hasted, retaliation up, hasso up, etc 5-hit Ukon WAR... You want deleted your seigan/TE macros.

Anyone else agree? Lol

This is basically the point.

Everything just dies so fast that 1 whm CAN keep up, because the fight lasts at MOST 1-3min. The best defense is a good offense.
By Ashaaman 2011-02-09 15:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Ejin said:
Ashaaman said:
Cerberus.Tikal said:

Anyone else agree? Lol

This is basically the point.

Everything just dies so fast that 1 whm CAN keep up, because the fight lasts at MOST 1-3min. The best defense is a good offense.

Yeah, the only thing I'd be worried about would be mobs that have hard hitting aoes. If you don't get the appropriate -dt set on, the whm can easily fall behind because of the amount of tp the mob is getting from constant swings and hitting the wars.
 Caitsith.Konda
user: Konda
By Caitsith.Konda 2011-02-09 16:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ghaleon said:

also, war can get 1shotted where as mnk has much higher hp to save them from being so

and ninja has Migawari to save them from being so.

war gets wrecked way too quickly to be resourceful on higher tier nms in heroes areas.

scars/vision areas on the other hand, i can see why you wouldn't have trouble on any nm with just war+whm; outside of the 1shot factor.

1) I cant recall WAR getting 1shotted EVER in abyssea zones. If you're getting 1 shotted you're either using the wrong atmas, don't have any abyssite of merit or your mages just suck, and you didnt get 1 shotted, you were beat down from a number TP moves/spells/melee hits.

2)Migawari is such a huge waste of time casting, it hurts your DD significantly, hurts your wallet (not that gil is an issue these days) and hurts hate holding capabilities while tanking. the ONLY time I've ever been 1shot on NIN was when I didnt turn fast enough from Chariot in alteppa and multi attacks at high speed occurred when it had spikes up.

3) maybe if you just stand there in tp gear while a smn and rdm try and keep you alive with cure 4. War can hit 49% PDT or something HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE these days, so it's anything but "squishy"

4) you have 1shot issues in scars/visions areas? what are you? a lv60 taru smn?
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-02-09 16:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Konda said:
Sylph.Ghaleon said:

also, war can get 1shotted where as mnk has much higher hp to save them from being so

and ninja has Migawari to save them from being so.

war gets wrecked way too quickly to be resourceful on higher tier nms in heroes areas.

scars/vision areas on the other hand, i can see why you wouldn't have trouble on any nm with just war+whm; outside of the 1shot factor.

1) I cant recall WAR getting 1shotted EVER in abyssea zones. If you're getting 1 shotted you're either using the wrong atmas, don't have any abyssite of merit or your mages just suck, and you didnt get 1 shotted, you were beat down from a number TP moves/spells/melee hits.

2)Migawari is such a huge waste of time casting, it hurts your DD significantly, hurts your wallet (not that gil is an issue these days) and hurts hate holding capabilities while tanking. the ONLY time I've ever been 1shot on NIN was when I didnt turn fast enough from Chariot in alteppa and multi attacks at high speed occurred when it had spikes up.

3) maybe if you just stand there in tp gear while a smn and rdm try and keep you alive with cure 4. War can hit 49% PDT or something HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE these days, so it's anything but "squishy"

4) you have 1shot issues in scars/visions areas? what are you? a lv60 taru smn?
migawari works wonders on indrik
indrik 1 shots my mnk
mnk has more hp then war
so indrik can 1 shot my war
[+]
 Sylph.Binckry
Server: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2011-02-09 16:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hiiii Timmy! Hiii Ghal! :o
By sefalon 2011-02-11 10:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Mind if I bring this thread back to topic lol. So its established monk or war is the top 2 emp weapons question is of those two what do you think is a faster one to obtain? I have 2 characters and have 1-2 ppl that help me. So I will have to low man it. I would also like to see some numbers on the cor emp weapon since my second. Character. Has 20 gems already does not have drk or sam lvld
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-11 10:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Mnk's is slightly faster, I wouldn't imagine so by much. All of Tahrongi emps suck ***
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
Server: Bahamut
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2011-02-11 10:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Mnk is faster and has easier NMs imo. Can't really go wrong either way both are amazing weapons, and both suck *** to get. :P
[+]
By sefalon 2011-02-11 10:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I been having a hard time deciding since I have 2 characters my main has masamune and my 2nd has whm and mnk. I could get uko on my main but I already have gk so seems pointless. On my main I have rdm not whm and 90 percent of the time I play solo/duo so I am trying to find best combo without having to lvl more jobs on either characters. I do feel that having 2 characters with emp weapons would be better than. 1 char with 2. That is also why I was thinking of doing cor emp since I already have 20 gems. If rdm gets cure v my troubles are over.
By Coldone 2011-02-14 10:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I disagree with said Kannagi being weak outside of abyssea, i see quite frequent 2k+ Blade: Hi s outside abyssea with this highest of 3k.. and don't discount the ODD effect, as nin still has the fastest attack speed for high dot.

I'm not a big number cruncher, or whatever.. but its still a good weapon outside.
 Ragnarok.Kingx
Server: Ragnarok
user: kingx
By Ragnarok.Kingx 2011-02-14 11:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Twashtar i vote for it. You want solo something still get th o try solo something usefull on dnc? Twashtar will give you an help.Ok for the big dmg of kannagi/masa/ukko. but if i planning to have everywhere an empe(1of the best dmg for Dnc/thf)and th togheter il vote for it :) No sense make the fake dagger, Becouse Twashtar is mainly strong for Aftermath > Rundra.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-02-14 11:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:

Rudra's will average at around 1k-1.5k in abys unstacked, whereas evis can easily average 2k-3k unstacked. On an Assassin's charge Berserk Warcry rcb unstacked rudra's I once hit 3.3k, but evis would have done more for sure.

Random question but if you AC can double attack take priority over it? I'm under the assupmtion double trumps triple trumps quad. Or is that wrong all together.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-14 12:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dova said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:

Rudra's will average at around 1k-1.5k in abys unstacked, whereas evis can easily average 2k-3k unstacked. On an Assassin's charge Berserk Warcry rcb unstacked rudra's I once hit 3.3k, but evis would have done more for sure.

Random question but if you AC can double attack take priority over it? I'm under the assupmtion double trumps triple trumps quad. Or is that wrong all together.
no, it's QA then TA then DA, DA will never take priority over TA.

Ragnarok.Kingx said:
Twashtar i vote for it. You want solo something still get th o try solo something usefull on dnc? Twashtar will give you an help.Ok for the big dmg of kannagi/masa/ukko. but if i planning to have everywhere an empe(1of the best dmg for Dnc/thf)and th togheter il vote for it :) No sense make the fake dagger, Becouse Twashtar is mainly strong for Aftermath > Rundra.
fake dagger says hi:

also apparently twashtar aftermath stacks with dnc's af3+2 set
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-02-14 15:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Quetzalcoatl.Dova said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:

no, it's QA then TA then DA, DA will never take priority over TA.

Ah thnx :)
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-14 15:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Aftermath stacks with thf set bonus as well. I once had a crit for 2k w/o SA

also wow, are those surveyors weak to piercing? the best rudra's I've done so far was about 6.2k
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-02-14 15:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I already normally get 1k Sneak Attacks from time to time with gear swaps... I'd like to see a 3k dmg SA sometime, add onto that the proc from Rudra's and I have no idea how high that spike would be.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-14 15:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
I already normally get 1k Sneak Attacks from time to time with gear swaps... I'd like to see a 3k dmg SA sometime, add onto that the proc from Rudra's and I have no idea how high that spike would be.

Assuming you have Twastar, you should be using SA on your WS, not unstacked.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-14 15:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Coldone said:
I disagree with said Kannagi being weak outside of abyssea, i see quite frequent 2k+ Blade: Hi s outside abyssea with this highest of 3k.. and don't discount the ODD effect, as nin still has the fastest attack speed for high dot.

I'm not a big number cruncher, or whatever.. but its still a good weapon outside.
Nobody said it was weak, just weaker. Hi clearly loses more by leaving Abyssea than Smite, Ukko's, or CDC does.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-02-14 15:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have Twashtar, and I meant 1k Sneak Attacks without WS, ODD of Twashtar, or AF3+2 proc.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-14 15:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
I don't have Twashtar, and I meant 1k Sneak Attacks without WS, ODD of Twashtar, or AF3+2 proc.

Which is why I said what I said. if you had twash, it would be silly to waste SA on anything but a WS.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-02-14 15:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It'd still be interesting to see just how high it could spike.
 Valefor.Kermit
Server: Valefor
user: Bvion
By Valefor.Kermit 2011-02-14 15:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah the outside abyssea discussions, how abyssea has plauged the view of the game.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2011-02-14 16:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I epeen too?

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l7/Jayjs20/ffxi_20110210_203505.png

And I recall a screenshot of a 5k+ SA on bats, and the number's not too difficult to hit.

5,000 / 12.5 = 4k (if you remove piercing weak)

4,000 / 3 = 1,333 (if you remove triple damage proc set)

1,333 isn't all that extraordinary for SA on a normal mob. My average tends to me 1100-1200. The average THF can probably do it if you use RR, SS and omnipotent and some patience.
 Carbuncle.Soneldar
Server: Carbuncle
user: Soneldar
By Carbuncle.Soneldar 2011-02-14 16:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
1 fist onry

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a couple of updates ago, didn't they fix OAX with respect to offhand for H2H? Could have sworn I read that somewhere.

If such is the case, do we need to slap around SE again to get this adjusted for ODD too?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-14 16:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

That's how it's always been. Spharai(triple dmg) and Glanzfaust as well only proc on 1 fist.
 Carbuncle.Soneldar
Server: Carbuncle
user: Soneldar
By Carbuncle.Soneldar 2011-02-14 16:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh, Hand to Hand. The *** child of SE's weapon coding. Thanks.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-14 16:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I think it's cause it's closer to DW than it is 2handed.

When you main Kannagi for example, you don't get ODD in the offhand, so they're keeping it to a singular term for h2h as well. 2hand, ofc is singular by default since it's the only one there. That being said, I think they're all programmed on a singular term.