Is There A Empryean Weapon That Outshines Others

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Is there a empryean weapon that outshines others
Is there a empryean weapon that outshines others
First Page 2 3 4 5

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-07 21:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Caitsith.Albelnox said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I've seen a number of people war/mnk on my server, so difficult to take that as a joke.
You think monk/sam would outdd monk/war though? especially with more than enough DA gear these days

hasso doesn't work on h2h weps, right? unless it does... in that case it'd just be straight up broken and idk why everyone isn't mnk/sam, but i don't think it does.. so...
your right hasso wouldnt. was thinking more of adding meditate and sekk to dps vs DA of /war since our mantle earring ring would cover DA nicely
and you wouldn't wear those /war for the additional DA? and perhaps what about berserk and what not?

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-07 21:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I've seen a number of people war/mnk on my server, so difficult to take that as a joke.
You think monk/sam would outdd monk/war though? especially with more than enough DA gear these days
Def not, not capping attack w/o zerk
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-07 21:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Caitsith.Albelnox said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

hasso doesn't work on h2h weps, right? unless it does... in that case it'd just be straight up broken and idk why everyone isn't mnk/sam, but i don't think it does.. so...
your right hasso wouldnt. was thinking more of adding meditate and sekk to dps vs DA of /war since our mantle earring ring would cover DA nicely
and you wouldn't wear those /war for the additional DA? and perhaps what about berserk and what not?

No I was asking if stacking further wouldn't make up for opting to use /sam instead damage wise
well ideally you only get 60tp every 3 minutes with sam as a sub, and sekko is only good for when you have downtime between mobs (ie enough downtime for either regain or meditate to put you at like 150%+ tp. you get a store tp bonus as well but i dont think it would be enough to accurately affect a "X hit" for dual wield/martial arts. at the price of losing attack+ traits, 10% DA which can losely be translated as 10% increase of ws frequency, berserk, and defender if you need it.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-07 21:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

no reason to use defender on mnk, lol
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-07 21:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

/sam would give +15 store tp which would shave a couple swings off your x-hit on monk. /war still easily wins for DPS though.

Let's assume you have +10% DA from gear on monk (I think that's about what you can get within reason). the +10% from /war would be a 9% increase in DPS.
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-02-07 21:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
You mentioned earlier that aftermath ODD only procs on the empy itself? Is this true? I thought it was offhand as well, seeing as the aftermath is an actual status effect, not just a hidden weapon effect.

Only applies to the Empyrean itself, which is why offhand multi hits are discouraged for Empyrean users. There is also hearsay that Verethragna procs ODD only on a single fist, but I've never seen it verified.

Cream Soda probably could tell us though, since he has them.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-07 21:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

1 fist onry
 Cerberus.Raddmage
Server: Cerberus
user: Kakkoii
By Cerberus.Raddmage 2011-02-08 03:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So lets say u have gandiva and u get the aftermath effect, just wondering will it work on eagle eye shot? lol
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-02-08 04:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
/sam would give +15 store tp which would shave a couple swings off your x-hit on monk. /war still easily wins for DPS though.

Let's assume you have +10% DA from gear on monk (I think that's about what you can get within reason). the +10% from /war would be a 9% increase in DPS.

Think the whole thing about DA priority is ppl were putting it over haste. I'd think /war with DA in those locations would do fine. /sam feels like a waste, i've never went to an event /sam as my mnk.
 Ragnarok.Ruklin
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ruklin
By Ragnarok.Ruklin 2011-02-08 04:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've noticed this said a few times and I'm curious... How exactly can you 5-hit Ukon and still maintain capped haste outside of abyssea? I'm sure I've probably just overlooked some piece of gear but I haven't been able to put together a TP set that would allow this.
By Ashaaman 2011-02-08 05:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Waraurochs
By Ragnarok.Waraurochs 2011-02-09 12:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Though a 5-hit is nice, its not really practical these days with the way WAR plays inside Abyssea. Either you are using a different weapon to stagger, or you are standing to the side waiting for stagger to hit with VV giving you TP the whole time. Very rarely will you find yourself wacking away at something to optimize your 5-hit. I think the focus on WAR should be getting the highest spike WSs so you can wreck ***after the desired staggers are landed.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ruklin
user: Ruklin
By Ragnarok.Ruklin 2011-02-09 13:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Waraurochs said:
Though a 5-hit is nice, its not really practical these days with the way WAR plays inside Abyssea. Either you are using a different weapon to stagger, or you are standing to the side waiting for stagger to hit with VV giving you TP the whole time. Very rarely will you find yourself wacking away at something to optimize your 5-hit. I think the focus on WAR should be getting the highest spike WSs so you can wreck ***after the desired staggers are landed.
You have 30 seconds-ish of stagger time once you hit that red. Idk about you but in that 30 seconds I'd certainly like to do as much damage as possible. So yes, it is quite "practical these days".
My group likes to pop NM's during blunt time because we have the most blue procs with a low-man setup. So the only thing I need to worry about is the red proc most of the time. Once we've gotten the blue/grellow (if needed) and we toss the red on, it's murder time. You know how I play WAR... xD
 Caitsith.Ejin
Guide Maker
Server: Caitsith
user: Ejin
By Caitsith.Ejin 2011-02-09 13:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Glass canon.

Go try to fulltime hasso on heroes NMs w/o a gang of whms (cause if mnk or nin tank can just swap gang of whms to gang of more mnks and nins > singular war w/ gang of healers)

Honestly, what NMs are you referring to? Only 1 good whm is needed to keep a war alive on basically any NM. Monk is only optimal if you have a shitty mage that can't pay attention for more than 3min.

I'm not claiming war is a better tank, but you have some misconceptions on how hard NMs really are. War staying alive isn't as difficult as you seem to think.

1 whm would be able to easily keep 2-3 ukon wars alive zerging a NM down. Although, it would be less stressful on the whm to heal, or lack of, 2-3 mnks or nins, but then you aren't tapping the whm's full potential, because they're probably sitting on full mp the whole fight with 20+ tic refresh.

[+]
 Sylph.Ghaleon
user: MisterRyu
By Sylph.Ghaleon 2011-02-09 14:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Ejin said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Glass canon.

Go try to fulltime hasso on heroes NMs w/o a gang of whms (cause if mnk or nin tank can just swap gang of whms to gang of more mnks and nins > singular war w/ gang of healers)

Honestly, what NMs are you referring to? Only 1 good whm is needed to keep a war alive on basically any NM. Monk is only optimal if you have a shitty mage that can't pay attention for more than 3min.

I'm not claiming war is a better tank, but you have some misconceptions on how hard NMs really are. War staying alive isn't as difficult as you seem to think.

1 whm would be able to easily keep 2-3 ukon wars alive zerging a NM down. Although, it would be less stressful on the whm to heal, or lack of, 2-3 mnks or nins, but then you aren't tapping the whm's full potential, because they're probably sitting on full mp the whole fight with 20+ tic refresh.

show me 3 ukon wars with 1 whm on any tier2-3 heroes nm.

a good DD war does not seigan btw, fulltime hasso or gtfo. if your gonna use any kind of defensive capabilities then your almost better off bringing mnk or ninja instead.
also, war can get 1shotted where as mnk has much higher hp to save them from being so, and ninja has Migawari to save them from being so.
war gets wrecked way too quickly to be resourceful on higher tier nms in heroes areas. scars/vision areas on the other hand, i can see why you wouldn't have trouble on any nm with just war+whm; outside of the 1shot factor.

Post deleted by User.
By Ashaaman 2011-02-09 14:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Sylph.Ghaleon said:
Caitsith.Ejin said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Glass canon.

a good DD war does not seigan btw, fulltime hasso or gtfo. if your gonna use any kind of defensive capabilities then your almost better off bringing mnk or ninja instead.
also, war can get 1shotted where as mnk has much higher hp to save them from being so, and ninja has Migawari to save them from being so.
war gets wrecked way too quickly to be resourceful on higher tier nms in heroes areas. scars/vision areas on the other hand, i can see why you wouldn't have trouble on any nm with just war+whm; outside of the 1shot factor.

We pretty much killed every single abyssea NM using 1 whm and 1 to 3 Ukon war.

Were your WARs using Seigan/TE... Because I'd be willing to bet they were.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-02-09 14:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If they weren't, they should be lined up and shot.
[+]
 Caitsith.Ejin
Guide Maker
Server: Caitsith
user: Ejin
By Caitsith.Ejin 2011-02-09 14:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashaaman said:
Were your WARs using Seigan/TE... Because I'd be willing to bet they were.

Never. Unless procing !!'s.

Post deleted by User.
By Serj 2011-02-09 14:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
If they weren't, they should be lined up and shot.

What's the point of a war using S/TE? To fall behind mnk/nin?
By Ashaaman 2011-02-09 15:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, then it just comes down to the WHM being good, WARs having good response times w/ pdt/mdt, etc.

Will your average WHM keep up with 1-3 Ukon WARs all full timing Hasso... Not a chance.

But that's delving farther into what ifs.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-02-09 15:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Sylph.Ghaleon said:
Caitsith.Ejin said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Glass canon.

We pretty much killed every single abyssea NM using 1 whm and 1 to 3 Ukon war.

poidh.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-02-09 15:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the point of a WAR not using it? If you're not using a defensive capability WAR is capable of using when you get into a shitty situation, you need to quit WAR now.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-02-09 15:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
What's the point of a WAR not using it? If you're not using a defensive capability WAR is capable of using when you get into a shitty situation, you need to quit WAR now.

cause wheres the hardcore in that? tsk tsk

edit:

Hiiiiiiiii Timmy :O
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-09 15:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:

You're better off being a mnk at that point.