Death Of 11?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » Death of 11?
Death of 11?
First Page 2 3 4
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-16 14:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Waterdust said:
So I returned finally only to see all the low level parties are gone,
the gear on AH for low levels is gone.

Mid-level is the same, so what now? is this the end of the game?
I've looked into if any plans might be in the works to remedy this
but nothing is found. SE refuses to properly address this concern.

So.. anyone new who joins can't level? buy gear? earn gil? what is
this crap? a game for only end gamers now? an even so how does SE
expect us to level new jobs to play like this?

I look forward to mature comments/replies, anything else will be ignored.
Pretty much.
[+]
 Valefor.Leith
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Leith
By Valefor.Leith 2011-01-16 14:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Low and mid level parties still exist, hell I still get invited for dunes and wajaom parties pretty often when running around on a job of the corresponding level, honestly it just depends on whos on, at what time, and its just like the old days, a matter of time until you get an invite, the time it takes to get an invite can be pretty quick, or it could take as long as the days of lolpup
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-01-16 14:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I think a big reason why people can't find low/mid level gear on AH is because no one buys it anymore because of abyssea burning. Hence crafters aren't going to make it because it won't sell.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-01-16 14:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea... Thats all there really is, for all of those. You can still get amazing exp as lvl 30s in abyssea, burning from 37 > 52 in only 4 hours, which is loads better then any regular exp... at the expense of being a total gimp afterwards. Its a god-send and a fail at the same time.

In all seriousness, unless you can get a small group to level, and let you leech, then let person B > C > D > repeat when everyones leveled a job... theres not much hope for leveling anymore. With a big enough group (say 9~ people), you can even have 2 leechers per party. I've had good/decent exp parties with only NIN NIN RDM. Let 3 other people join in to leech the exp also. If the group knows what they're doing its easy.

I've also come to ask myself the last part. SE doesnt seem to care about low-levels anymore, as abyssea has pretty much raped everything of the old world, and they dont seem to care about fixing it (its been this way 9 months now). I know some people still say they have decent old-area exp rates, but on Ragnarok its horrible. Everytime I do /sea all, I find a few 90s, who are seeking Abyssea parties, and only ~30 MAX who are really seeking. Its honestly Valk/Qufim or gtfo.

...Or make a linkshell for grinding old school and hope you find members ;<
 Bismarck.Angeleus
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-01-16 14:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Another example why WoW rocks.

Don't be hatin by my opinion...
[+]
 Kujata.Wumble
Server: Kujata
user: sruon
By Kujata.Wumble 2011-01-16 14:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't care about lowlevel because FFXI isn't a game that can attract new players from a marketing standpoint.

Quote:
a game for only end gamers now?

pretty much this.
[+]
 Asura.Alexstaifter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-01-16 14:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe this has to do more with your server, there are always players in the 10-30 range partying between the dunes and qufim island on Asura and 37+ in East Ronfurne (S)

Abyssea is quick for leveling if you can get into one and leech in it, but there are always other options (the fact that Level Sync exist, you could be in one area for a long time)

~Edit~

I'd also like to add that not every high level player (with 1+ 75+ job) wants or likes to do endgame and focuses on playing low to mid tier stuff, helping new players, etc
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-01-16 14:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Jaerik posted in a thread some time ago saying that ffxi was 'comet tailing'- basically SE is just pulling every last bit of money they can from it. He included a nice chart too.

so basically
Luz said:

Pretty much.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-01-16 14:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll say off the bat that your first job is going to be the hardest to level. Once you get 90 you can get into a LS and start making xp parties with your ls etc. and it will go much more quickly. I think it would help to say what job you are currently leveling as well. If it's a melee job you can simply do FoV while you look for party. If it's a mage dd job you can do goblin pets (very good xp actually). If you're a whm then that might be more difficult and you might want to consider doing rdm or sch first. Once you get 70ish, you can get into abyssea parties and you'll zoom up to 90 in no time. If you're a support job you could probably get into an abyssea party even sooner.
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-16 14:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fields of Valor. Best you just read on it on Wiki. It helps people who can't find parties or don't like to party. It doesn't help nearly as much as most would like as it's limited to one page per in-game day.

Post below is very crude summary. Just read Wiki page.

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-01-16 14:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

go on steam and buy the FFXI ultimate collection if you want the mini's. its like 10 bucks, But the mini's arent worth much anymore
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Erang
Server: Leviathan
user: Erang
By Leviathan.Erang 2011-01-16 14:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

They've changed lvling completely in ffxi in many ways, one example is a thf75 could walk into sky and grab protect IV shell IV food and regen/refresh just soloing then when they want, warp to home nation using fov

~your supreme logic is undeniable.......................

The game can be noob friendly if you make it noob friendly. Its as simple as helping them out.

No low lvl gear in the AH? I'm more than sure you can find someone to craft whatever your heart desires.

How can we be expected to level like this? Really? How long have we had level sync now to prepare us for this very ordeal?

Really? I mean, really?

[+]
 Leviathan.Erang
Server: Leviathan
user: Erang
By Leviathan.Erang 2011-01-16 14:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I should mention that I don't have the last 3 expansions on my account,
let alone my other which needs 6.

So maybe this'll all make more sense now as to why I'm like
"wtf am I supposed to do now?" an buying 90$ worth of expansions
wasn't in my budget this month or next month.

time to mow some lawns, babysit, wash cars and ect. why are you complaining if you know what your problem is?
[+]
 Kujata.Wumble
Server: Kujata
user: sruon
By Kujata.Wumble 2011-01-16 15:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

cash cow etc
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-01-16 15:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get to LV 30 fairly quickly with books.

But if your behind by 6 expansions... there's not much to say there.

Thats like when people complained that everyone lvled in Aht Urhgan LV54+. The only ones complaining didnt have the expansion.

Believe me though, i hate this Abys ***. It killed the chance for ANY new people to start the game and enjoy it. Due to the fact that there will be 0 people in the first 3 zones of every city.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-01-16 15:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leveling a low level job isn't hard at all, I solo'd every one of my sub jobs to ~40 Through fields of Valor... Patience is all it takes.

That being said, Playing FFXI without all of its Content you may as well be playing a Demo, theres no reason to pay for a Demo. I suggest you deactivate your account until you have enough money for the expansions. It'll only cost you 35$ total.

5 for the "Ultimate" pack on Steam, and 10$ for each Abyssea expansion.

until then, while you can play the game, Once you get any job to level 75 you will be completely out of the current end-game area, as well as almost completely unable to exp beyond that point.

Most people whine about Abyssea, but its a godsend, It takes the hastle out of leveling a job, all you need to do is make friends, and be level 30. I've never understood the deep-seeded Idiocy that must infest a persons mine to whine about something becoming easier just cause they had to do it the hard way first. Its a selfish mind set for greedy and weak people.

Low levels are less crowded due to the age of the game, Early-game is dying, but end-game is cluster-*** as usual. Unless you have friends, the best Advice i can give is don't bother playing this late in the game. Especially if your idea of Social interactions is basically ignoring anyone who you don't agree with.

However If you want to persevere, Get a job to level 30 that you want to level, and try to have friends help you level, With Dominion Ops is so much easier (inside Abyssea thing). Otherwise, Put up your Party flag, Hit a Fields of Valor Book, And try your best, It'll take a long time, But if you think its worth it, Do it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-01-16 15:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Why bother playing this dead game? Also, 90$ for all the expansion you are missing. It's time for a reality check. Unless you're making 80k+ year then i guess it's ok. :P
[+]
 Cerberus.Ciecle
Server: Cerberus
user: Ciecle
By Cerberus.Ciecle 2011-01-16 15:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You want an honest and truthful answer? It was harder 3 years ago BEFORE all of the leveling stuff implemented into the game. this 'What about 1-30' bull is as it is, Bull. You've got more then one way to get to 30 now days. and 1-10 is a walk in the park. Having trouble with your subs, get a linkshell to help you out. Don't have gil? Do Fields of Valor. Yes Low level/Mid Level parties are near impossible to find now days, but years ago was just the same way. EVERYONE HATED the dunes. People burned 90% of their jobs to 18 in one party so they'd never have to go back. As far as mid level, get a linkshell group or shout in jueno like everyone use to do. {Looking for memebers.} {Party} {Do you need it?} Lvl ??. Honestly, up to level 49 you should have no problems finding people who need to level sub jobs, and if you're having that much of a problem, and don't have a linkshell that's based around YOUR time(Not theirs) You're obviously in a different time zone then the rest of the shell and (even though you may have friends/like them) you need to find a shell based on your time. If no one is willing to help and ignoring you, they're not friendly, and you probably wouldn't want to stick with them anyways.

Edit: Oh and as for the game being 'Dead' it's only dead to people who think it's dead. The game as we know it now (with the SlOWER leveling) is basically saying THIS is final fantasy. The game series that takes 40-50 hours(99+ hours if you like to explore with out level grinding like i do...(Btw, if you do the math on 99hours on a final fantasy game, it comes up to ~47 hours short of a full year...yeah... ._.)) to get to that 'End point', just in this Final Fantasy, you're not just ending the game, you're continuing on.
[+]
 Caitsith.Lyall
Server: Caitsith
user: Lyall
By Caitsith.Lyall 2011-01-16 15:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I do so love my colorful comparisons, so here goes.

You're asking how to start a fire with twigs when everyone has moved on to lighters. Why not just use a lighter? We've moved on past twigs.

To elaborate, XI doesn't have a steady influx of new players. This makes it harder on the few that DO show up, but that's what happens when someone is this late to the party. No one makes low level equipment because we might still have it stashed away in a locker or on a mule. No one does low level parties because we run them with a linkshell just to get them past the low grind sessions.

Grinding up in Abyssea tends to fall into two camps: People who just level the job and hit 90 with completely gimped Skill, and those who level jobs to 90 with redundant skills/skill up afterwards.

The game isn't new player friendly simply on the basis of not having new players.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4