Death Of 11?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » Death of 11?
Death of 11?
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2011-01-16 23:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xellith said:
Carbuncle.Waterdust said:
So I returned finally only to see all the low level parties are gone,
the gear on AH for low levels is gone.

Mid-level is the same, so what now? is this the end of the game?
I've looked into if any plans might be in the works to remedy this
but nothing is found. SE refuses to properly address this concern.

So.. anyone new who joins can't level? buy gear? earn gil? what is
this crap? a game for only end gamers now? an even so how does SE
expect us to level new jobs to play like this?

I look forward to mature comments/replies, anything else will be ignored.

shut the *** up. there is a thread like this every week. use the search button. christ.

"Death of 11"

You weren't smart enough to figure out what this thread was about without opening it and reading through it?

You know, don't like it - don't read it.

Hard isn't it?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pukushu
Server: Cerberus
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2011-01-17 00:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

1-20 solo is way quicker than trying to find a party. you can go 1-12 in the area just outside a starting city. then 12-18ish fighting near a tele crag. then if you want to continue goto bubmaru (sp) near op 16-22ish. at that point you can solo in dunes as well (the op in dunes is closer to higher lvl mobs than bubmaru).

its really simple. just melee (even mage jobs.. especially mage jobs!). get protect and regen and use a melee food. whack em-ep dont go after the hard stuff it creates down time. if you can get 50xp from 2 swings of your weapon then you will be getting like 6-10k/hr and at low levels that means you will be 1-10 in about 2-3 hours max. unless you fight harder stuff or die. throw in FoV for a little bonus but dont stop killing stuff cause its not on the list kill fast for more xp/hr.

oh and obviously you should use xp ring anytime you can.

also you dont need the mini expansions or the abyssa expansions to do any of this. honestly if you never got an expansion since the us release (zilirt) you could do what i just described.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-01-17 00:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So I returned finally only to see all the low level parties are gone,
the gear on AH for low levels is gone.

Mid-level is the same, so what now? is this the end of the game?
I've looked into if any plans might be in the works to remedy this
but nothing is found. SE refuses to properly address this concern.

So.. anyone new who joins can't level? buy gear? earn gil? what is
this crap? a game for only end gamers now? an even so how does SE
expect us to level new jobs to play like this?

I look forward to mature comments/replies, anything else will be ignored.

I garden. Have no crafts, but make plenty of gil. I levelled myself on black mage using fields of valor, soloing, then some abyssea leeching.

That strategy didn't take very much thought - just like commenting on something that is obviously new and strange and not looking into it beyond the "wtf" stage.

"SE refuses to properly address this concern..." and you've reached that conclusion by exhaustively researching and asking... upon just finally returning. Cool, cool.

Also, ffxi isn't really a game that attracts a whole lot of new people. Been that way for YEARS. There were "ffxi is dead" talks on my first character in 2004, my second in 2006 ish, and then again now. Yet here we are.

I look forward to not hearing from you again - you come across very ***-ish. Anything else will be ignored.
[+]
 Asura.Silvaria
Server: Asura
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-01-17 01:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny how people keep saying that "Abyssea is all there is now"...I play this game nearly every day, and haven't been in an Abyssea party in almost a month...and I'm still enjoying playing. o,O
[+]
 Caitsith.Lyall
Server: Caitsith
user: Lyall
By Caitsith.Lyall 2011-01-17 02:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:

What the *** is that...? That is not the meme I made..

What the *** does that even say?

Who the *** is that?

Why the *** did that happen?

(Dogma ending scene anyone?)

Quote:

I'm from the future.

My name is Sabastian Enciso.
...Yeah, I've got no *** clue.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-01-17 02:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, this is getting old. I'm sick of these "Is FFXI Dying?" threads. Look, using an overly used cliche I'll say this: It is what it is.

Abyssea changed the game. No one's going to dispute that. Do you think that if we complain enough, Square's going to go, "Oops! Our bad!" and magically put it all back to the way things were?

This is the game, now. This is what you bought and continually pay for. Some people don't like the change, and that's understandable. You wonder why the numbers in the servers are dwindling? Because people don't like the new setup. But instead of wasting everyone's time with a new complaint thread, guess what they do? This next part is very important. They stop playing!

Really, it's just that simple. I complain about it every now and again. I'm not going to lie and say I don't. But I do it partially for the laughs, and partially to get my frustration out. But I play because my friends do, and it helps me unwind.

And if by some stroke of luck FFXI finally does die and Square shuts down the servers, then I'll move on to the next thing.

As for new players, I do feel sorry for you. It wasn't too long I was a noob, so I can relate. But, there are so many other MMO choices out there that are fresh and waiting for new players to pay for them instead. You could get a leg up on XIV so that whenever it finally stops sucking, you can be the one in charge while the rest of us diehards begrudgingly start playing the game and charge us two mil for a decent piece of gear.

Also, I know that this is just an invitation for trolls and this won't stop anyone in the future to post something about FFXI dying. But I had to get my aggravation out somehow. Call it impotent rage.

Let the trolling continue!

[/rant]
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Trangnai
Server: Diabolos
user: Nai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2011-01-17 03:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

While I don't see ffxi as dead, I do see it dying, while abyssea was in a sense ffxi's life support. it gave us alot of good, and alot of bad.

Abyssea gave this game the level of ease it required. but at the same time killed alot of important aspects for the game. It gave us very quick exp, a level cap increase to allow more content to be added to the game, and the ability to easy gear ourselfs decently and earn gil.

However it has also killed Synergy, all other crafts and low level exps. not completely, but to enough to the point where people won't waste time with them. Its as simple as solo to 30 (which is rather easy), abyssea burn to 90.

Abyssea also gave us atmas, which, while only useable in abyssea can drymaticly change the way a job plays. This can be used to buff jobs to extents where they can play just about anyrole, removing needs for spacific jobs in most situations. however with atmas in brew its possible to solo just about anything, but brew costs 2mil curor. which while its a understandable price, curor can be easily obtained in abyssea pts. making the point of the high price moot.

Now most people might say Synergy isnt dead, but most gear requires high level crafters as well as a good synergy skill, it should also be noted, that most Synergy gear is findable in Agumented form by easier means, adding bonuses to the gear that couldent be obtained otherwise, however they have always waited an update until they released an augmented form of the gear released in the update prior to it. however obsoleting a craft an update after its added into the game kinda kills the point...

Fixing some of the issues would be easy, adding a much needed exp boost to areas outside of abyssea would be a big plus for pts of any level, and for lower levels may make actual exp pts the way to go again, why waste your curor if you can buy gear, exp the old fashioned way, and earn just as much exp? There are also alot of buffs that could be given to old things such as FoV, allowing more use for tabs (like buying augmented gear instead of the current way to obtain low level augments) and adding things to treasure caskets, such as an item that works like Forbidden Key for Caskets, adding the "add to spoils" option to them and adding augmented gear to caskets. may give some life back to these as well.

As for crafters, make it so alot of low level items can still only be crafted and add high level items that require these crafts, that are good enough to consider equivalent to some abyssea gear, not necessarily all.

Also, make some Margian trials easier to complete, and add gear that is good enough to not require them. another fine addition would be trials for lower levels, while making them not as backbraking as higher level trials, add them for easy access and aquriezation of a decent item that can last about 5-10 levels and be worth the time invested.

Theres still alot that can be done with this game, SE is just too lazy to actualy do it.
[+]
 Diabolos.Trangnai
Server: Diabolos
user: Nai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2011-01-17 03:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xeth said:
Diabolos.Trangnai said:
however with atmas in brew its possible to solo just about anything, but brew costs 2mil curor.
It only costs 200k with the Abyssite of the Cosmos from Shinryu. D:

I guess they did that to make it easier for people to obtain gear after completeing the sotryline, stupid but understandable.
 Caitsith.Lyall
Server: Caitsith
user: Lyall
By Caitsith.Lyall 2011-01-18 00:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Trangnai said:
Asura.Xeth said:
Diabolos.Trangnai said:
however with atmas in brew its possible to solo just about anything, but brew costs 2mil curor.
It only costs 200k with the Abyssite of the Cosmos from Shinryu. D:

I guess they did that to make it easier for people to obtain gear after completeing the sotryline, stupid but understandable.

I looked at it as a way to reset everyone to zero. Abyssea content is extremely small-numbers friendly, and everyone knows that before this in order to have the best gear you needed to be in a big shell.

Making it possible to get to Shinryu with lower numbers and thereby make sure that everyone has a chance to be in +2 armor/wielding empyrean weapons/what have you, SE makes sure that we're all just about equal heading into whatever new content gets thrown at us.
By camaroz 2011-01-18 01:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said:
So I returned finally only to see all the low level parties are gone, the gear on AH for low levels is gone. Mid-level is the same, so what now? is this the end of the game? I've looked into if any plans might be in the works to remedy this but nothing is found. SE refuses to properly address this concern. So.. anyone new who joins can't level? buy gear? earn gil? what is this crap? a game for only end gamers now? an even so how does SE expect us to level new jobs to play like this? I look forward to mature comments/replies, anything else will be ignored.
I garden. Have no crafts, but make plenty of gil. I levelled myself on black mage using fields of valor, soloing, then some abyssea leeching. That strategy didn't take very much thought - just like commenting on something that is obviously new and strange and not looking into it beyond the "wtf" stage. "SE refuses to properly address this concern..." and you've reached that conclusion by exhaustively researching and asking... upon just finally returning. Cool, cool. Also, ffxi isn't really a game that attracts a whole lot of new people. Been that way for YEARS. There were "ffxi is dead" talks on my first character in 2004, my second in 2006 ish, and then again now. Yet here we are. I look forward to not hearing from you again - you come across very ***-ish. Anything else will be ignored.

Quoted for excellence^^
By Artemicion 2011-01-18 02:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't even bought Abyssea yet, but I enjoy taking my time, doing things like fishing on the ferries between Mhaura and Selbina, enjoying the scenery and music. Or simply traversing through various zones and looking in some spots I may have overlooked in the past. A sense of exploration can still exist, even for one who has left the game for a prolonged period of time.

Fields of Valor is still fruitful when available for casual exping and even some lucky random augments and gil collecting. Hopefully in time SE will expand this excellent concept despite Abyssea's preferred method of leveling. However, I like to see it more as a supplement to something you would have already been doing since it is on an hourly recast. It makes farming or fishing/mining/etc. all that much better than it would have been without.

Missions are also very fun when done at their targeted levels and when the time and patience is taken to actually read and comprehend the decent storyline they present. In fact, in due time I intend on recording the cutscenes in every expansion and city to make little FFXI movies to show others on what they may have been missing out on.

Crafting may not be as prominent as it used to be, but many markets are still in great demand, and is very rewarding and achievement oriented when taking the effort and gil to level. Besides, we don't know what is in store for us in the future. I recall for ages, some of the best things were always crafted items in HQ form.

And another gnarly concept I like to do in my spare time, which as unlikely as it would seem; is to help others in forms apart from receiving their dose of exp meth via Abyssea. Help them get their subjob items, perhaps even finish a mission that was a little tough for them. Perhaps they don't understand how one of the events work, or need help getting a coffer key, or something of the like.

While it may seem useless to your typical FFXI veteran, the adventures, laughs, good times, friendships and perhaps even more that such things may bud are priceless. It's a social game, go out there and enjoy the world with others. It doesn't have to be Red Sky Fantasy XI.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-01-18 02:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI is quite possibly the easiest thing ever if you have 3-6 friends. Just like how it should have been years ago, instead of with 15-30 people.

Getting to 30 is cake, just takes time and patience. Alot of patience. Afterwards to 90 it's really just leeching. And who cares honestly? If you were "partying the old fashioned way," you'd be complaining that you've been at XX/XX level too long and you want 90 asap so you can get to the endgame.

Back in 2002, 2004, 2006, up until now, no one has ever done anything worthwhile in the mid-levels that wasn't some BCNM. So why BS and rant about "the game changing" or "the game has been made harder for mid-lvlers"... that section never existed, lol.

The only levels that matter at this point is lvl 1-10, 30, 49(50), 88 (fake K Club) and 90. So make it happen.

P.S.: You know who I am, or should from our run-ins in the past. I know you like farming gil solo and doing things with a few people. This type of game has changed to the point of something that even you should enjoy, albeit in a new way. Only downside is that crafting has been rendered dead. :(
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-18 03:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

can we break a server?
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-01-18 03:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Only if I get to use the sledgehammer.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-18 03:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

well can we overload it by having a ton of people server transfer there?
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-01-18 03:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be awesome. This server is JP heavy, I'd like to see some drama come of server overlord.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Katniss
Server: Asura
user: Katniss
By Asura.Katniss 2011-01-18 04:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pukushu said:
1-20 solo is way quicker than trying to find a party. you can go 1-12 in the area just outside a starting city. then 12-18ish fighting near a tele crag. then if you want to continue goto bubmaru (sp) near op 16-22ish. at that point you can solo in dunes as well (the op in dunes is closer to higher lvl mobs than bubmaru).

This ^

It's what I've been doing since I started playing the game in 2006 and I actually enjoyed it.

Soloing from 1-12 or so is really easy and quick - FOV helps a lot, too (and various exp bonus rings like anni ring, empress band etc).

Always seek while soloing to 30. Non-stop exp and that way you can get 30 all by yourself (even in a party if lucky) in around 2 - 7 days (depending on how often you play).
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-01-18 04:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand what all the whining and complaining is about. 99% of the player base have leveled their chosen jobs to max and need the endgame content to provide them with something to play. If SE were to have accomodated the 1% of noobs who can't find it within themselves to make a pre-abbyssea PT there would be no game left to play because everyone else would be gone.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-18 04:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I was more than hesitant about the "new" ffxi, but after being in it for this time, it's honestly as enjoyable. Yeah it kinda sucks I wasted like 30mil gil in salvage gear which I could use the gil now towards alexandrite for my Nirvana, but oh well!
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-01-18 05:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

:3

edit: whats with all those gay JP pictures you have >_>;