Death Of 11?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » Death of 11?
Death of 11?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-16 15:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do the people that use flint fit in?
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-16 15:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm personally still waiting to see what's going to happen after Abyssea, but my expectations are low. If nothing else, it's still a good place to waste time until Dragon Age II-Skyrim-Mass Effect 3 show up this year. And it's a hell of a lot cheaper than smoking.

If you're a new player coming in, here's my recommendation:

Start with White Mage and *do what you can* to get some high-level contacts that will let you key-*** to 90(Once you gain access to Cure V you'll actually be called on to heal) and pimp up your White Mage. Once that is done, you can establish the vast network of social webbing required to pull the strings and make ***happen.

*-> Posing as a Female and saying "I'm just a new gurl wanting to get up to some high lvl raid content, WoW was too stupid and ugly for me though* Will work 9000% of the time if you come off as convincing and are hume/elvaan (Nobody believes Mithra iz wimminz anymore).

Bonus points for posting chat logs.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-16 15:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
I'm personally still waiting to see what's going to happen after Abyssea, but my expectations are low. If nothing else, it's still a good place to waste time until Dragon Age II-Skyrim-Mass Effect 3 show up this year. And it's a hell of a lot cheaper than smoking.

Start with White Mage and *do what you can* to get some high-level contacts that will let you key-*** to 90(Once you gain access to Cure V you'll actually be called on to heal) and pimp up your White Mage. Once that is done, you can establish the vast network of social webbing required to pull the strings and make ***happen.

*-> Posing as a Female and saying "I'm just a new gurl wanting to get up to some high lvl raid content, WoW was too stupid and ugly for me though* Will work 9000% of the time if you come off as convincing and are hume/elvaan (Nobody believes Mithra iz wimminz anymore).

I'm seriously considering doing this, for science.

Then saving all chat logs and videos on a private blog.

Then eventually wooing a guy, and then showing him my penis.
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-16 15:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

I'm seriously considering doing this, for science.

Then saving all chat logs and videos on a private blog.

Then eventually wooing a guy, and then showing him my penis.
My friend used to make a hobby of pretending to be a girl in chat rooms just to do that. ***was funny.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Server: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2011-01-16 15:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI has pretty much become what private servers used to be. SE letting people have whatever they want in no time at all.

Log on on your first day, SMN burn to 30, get in abyssea as leech log out later that night @ lv 90.

Next day get all AF 3 +2.

Win the game.

-Boring-

What's the point anymore? It's like SE is trying to get people to quit and join XIV instead (which sucks donkey balls as well).

inb4 If you don't like it, dont play - I quit FFXI 2 months ago.

Yup, I started WoW a week ago, and I'm not ashamed for that =P
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-16 16:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
FFXI has pretty much become what private servers used to be. SE letting people have whatever they want in no time at all.

Log on on your first day, SMN burn to 30, get in abyssea as leech log out later that night @ lv 90.

Win the game.

-Boring-

What's the point anymore? It's like SE is trying to get people to quit and join XIV instead (which sucks donkey balls as well).

How you liking it? What race/class?

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Nutt
Server: Cerberus
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2011-01-16 16:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bismarck.Angeleus said:
Why bother playing this dead game? Also, 90$ for all the expansion you are missing. It's time for a reality check. Unless you're making 80k+ year then i guess it's ok. :P
I dont know where you get 90 dollars from, it's 14 to buy the game to up abyssea then 10 dollars for each abyssea expansion

Even if you decided to lvl a mule character with you, we're only up to 70 dollars for both playonline accounts and all expansions

Actually you could have got the game from Steam for 5 bucks up to Abby. That's how I got mine. Steam ran the 4.99 special twice. Once around Thanksgiving and once around Christmas. It advertised on this website.

So for 35 bucks, you can be up to date on expansions.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2011-01-16 16:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Luz said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:

Win the game.

-Boring-

It's ok, I much rather waste my time in WoW where you dont have to rely on other ppl to progress.

I'm dark elf (I think that's what it's called?) hunter lv 40.

Used to play a few years ago as well, was druid back then.

Edit: Night Elf
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-16 16:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zanno said:

You should ashamed, and you will be back.

At the OP, FFXI isn't dead, it's just in its retirement years.

And thank you SO much for creating the 1,000,000th FFXI forums thread entitled something like "FFXI Dead?" ... you win a $500 shopping spree at your local grocery mart.

*slaps OP in the face*
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-16 16:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Luz said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:

Win the game.

-Boring-

It's ok, I much rather waste my time in WoW where you dont have to rely on other ppl to progress.

There are a lot of things to do on your way to and at the level cap so explore unfamiliar content and you might find it fun. Have you tried the dungeon and PvP BG queues? BG PvP is really easy and very fun once you get the feel for it. What have you done so far in it?
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2011-01-16 16:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Who needs to play the game when you can just pop a brew and kill anything! xD
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2011-01-16 17:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Luz said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Luz said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:

Win the game.

-Boring-

There are a lot of things to do on your way to and at the level cap so explore unfamiliar content and you might find it fun. Have you tried the dungeon and PvP BG queues? BG PvP is really easy and very fun once you get the feel for it. What have you done so far in it?

I haven't really done a whole lot. I'm making money lol, mining/skinning ftw! I went to some dungeon a few days ago, but someone got mad and kicked me lol. (Guess I lotted a dagger as hunter when there was a rouge in the pt, Oh noes!)

~2 years ago when I played my druid, I pretty much solo my way to lv70 through quests and warsong catch the flag battle.

So far this time around I've pretty much only been questing and making money. Got a 2nd toon though that I'm playing together with a r/l friend whenever we both got time for it.
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-16 17:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Luz said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Luz said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:

Win the game.

-Boring-

I haven't really done a whole lot. I'm making money lol, mining/skinning ftw! I went to some dungeon a few days ago, but someone got mad and kicked me lol. (Guess I lotted a dagger as hunter when there was a rouge in the pt, Oh noes!)

~2 years ago when I played my druid, I pretty much solo my way to lv70 through quests and warsong catch the flag battle.

So far this time around I've pretty much only been questing and making money. Got a 2nd toon though that I'm playing together with a r/l friend whenever we both got time for it.
I think they made PvP even more viable as a leveling method since the level brackets are in segments of 5 instead of 10. It used to be if you were in the bottom levels of a bracket there was no point you know? Everyone always targets and pwns you :( And yeah people getting mad about dungeon loot is so silly. I've had people Q.Q over that ***too and it's like: dude, in 3-4 levels you'll be sporting a new weapon. Stop Q.Qing and get some levels xD
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-16 17:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I can forsee many jumps to WoW if SE don't sort ***out soon.

Well Wow or another MMO.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2011-01-16 17:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

WoW have changed a lot since I played 2 years ago though. I still havent made up my mind if its for the better or worse yet. So far its def not as bad as FFXI is these days.

Besides, I kinda enjoy running around by myself doing quests and such. I'm in some guild though, so there's ppl chatting nonstop lol.

And I guess it's both good and bad having WoW split up in zones depending on where you live, atleast in this game there's always ppl online when I am, and there's no "JPonry" lol.

I wish you could have a char on EU server and one on NA server from the same account though :(
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-16 17:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The NA and EU segregation is what puts me off mainly. A load of my friends are NA so It's kinda annoying I can't play with them.

Plus I'm unemployed so my sleep patterns are generally similar to an NA player.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2011-01-16 17:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
The NA and EU segregation is what puts me off mainly. A load of my friends are NA so It's kinda annoying I can't play with them.

Plus I'm unemployed so my sleep patterns are generally similar to an NA player.

Well, my old account was on NA server (because I had NA friends I wanted to play with). If you get the game online you can chose if you want the NA or the EU version.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-16 17:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah that's cool. I'd probably get two accounts if I were to play anyway, one EU and one NA.

I'd really want to play it, but I dunno if I can deal with starting a new MMO atm. XIV is enjoyable enough for me anyways.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-01-16 17:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I can forsee many jumps to WoW if SE don't sort ***out soon.

Well Wow or another MMO.

I'm planning on quitting XI sometime this year. I've been playing since just after CoP release. I'd really like to move to ffxiv, but i have to wait on ps3 release, whenever they decide to release it =/
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-16 17:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
I'd really like to move to ffxiv, but i have to wait on ps3 release, whenever they decide to release it =/
Probably around the time they actually finish making the game (go go releasing a product too early) and/or get a bigger player base
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2011-01-16 17:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
I'd really like to move to ffxiv, but i have to wait on ps3 release, whenever they decide to release it =/

same for me, but I can occasionally play it on the PC when I'm actually home, which is like once a month.
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2011-01-16 17:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Waterdust said:
So I returned finally only to see all the low level parties are gone, the gear on AH for low levels is gone. Mid-level is the same, so what now? is this the end of the game? I've looked into if any plans might be in the works to remedy this but nothing is found. SE refuses to properly address this concern. So.. anyone new who joins can't level? buy gear? earn gil? what is this crap? a game for only end gamers now? an even so how does SE expect us to level new jobs to play like this? I look forward to mature comments/replies, anything else will be ignored.

SE did say they were focusing all there content now on end-game and no longer towards new players etc. They have given up on recuit a freind programs and otherwise adverting the game. However they have left ways for players to steadly level through the low and mid levels, you do need to try more then what you had to before, but it is still quite easy to get accounts up in levels. I do wish there was lower leveling going on, but it dosnt seem that is the greater want of the comunity on our server any longer.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-01-16 19:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
Cerberus.Irohuro said:

same for me, but I can occasionally play it on the PC when I'm actually home, which is like once a month.

i dont have a pc good enough to run it ; ; the benchmark would crash when i tried to run it on my desktop, and my laptop only scored a 200.
By Alexstaifter 2011-01-16 19:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
Cerberus.Irohuro said:

i dont have a pc good enough to run it ; ; the benchmark would crash when i tried to run it on my desktop, and my laptop only scored a 200.

the PS3 version is delayed with a TBA release date because of how terrible the game is at the moment
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-16 19:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This same topic was made many many many times in the past two years. shut up plz.
[+]
 Fenrir.Parak
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Parak 2011-01-16 19:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this whole thread is invalid. Honestly there is no point in playing any kind of MMORPG or video game for that matter.

We all do it for just poops and giggles, and that's really the only reason I play. To have fun. And beating up crap with new abyssea stuff IS fun. For people that want a good story line go play Mass Effect or something like that.
[+]
 Shiva.Xellith
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-01-16 19:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Waterdust said:
So I returned finally only to see all the low level parties are gone,
the gear on AH for low levels is gone.

Mid-level is the same, so what now? is this the end of the game?
I've looked into if any plans might be in the works to remedy this
but nothing is found. SE refuses to properly address this concern.

So.. anyone new who joins can't level? buy gear? earn gil? what is
this crap? a game for only end gamers now? an even so how does SE
expect us to level new jobs to play like this?

I look forward to mature comments/replies, anything else will be ignored.

shut the *** up. there is a thread like this every week. use the search button. christ.
[+]

Post deleted by User.