Asura.Tavjon
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tavjon
By Asura.Tavjon 2011-01-21 13:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Well Tamas is never the answer. Switch it out for Rajas. Honestly, just because something is expensive doesnt mean its the best. Icesoul rings are harder to craft because you need high goldsmithing along with pretty high synergy to make. Not to mention the other items you need to craft before you are about to make it. SO question, for you, if you do get full AF3+2, are you going to use the full set? Since you seem to be working on it.
Aside from a couple of the accessories ( Goetia cape/earing, which I have) Probably. Especially once they're +2. I don't see any better alternative atm. Though, I may use Thurigan clogs in lieu of AF+2 feet. Idk. May need testing. Hands, head, body, legs, definately though. My Tamas ring is more of a trophy than anything else. First piece of Gearz I earned via mission completion. So, no. I won't part with it. Besides, I use it on whm as well.

you're dumb
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-21 13:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, considering if you are using 5/5 pieces you get an add proc rate on on the set bonus, would be best to use the full set.

And you just said earlier "Never ever sacrifice INT for MAB" so why would you keep using Theurgia Clogs (MAB+4) over Goetia Sabots +2 (INT+10)?

Just seems odd you seem to be saying you do more damage then people with full af3+2 yet, if you had it, you'd use it.
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-21 13:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-01-21 13:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
When wouldn't you need MACC?
What exactly are you resisting on outside of abyssea?
This. outside of abysssea your magic acc should be caped at 95% from elemental skill alone. There is 0 point in adding macc unless you feel like gimping your self for the lulz.
this makes sense. But then why is pieces like Hecate's crown, searing sash, etc (MAB pieces) so damn cheap, and pieces for INT (Icesoul ring) so damn friggin expansive?
Are you comparing NM drops that are cheap apparently(?) to an Icesoul ring which at the moment is expensive so it must be better?

You should have well over what 200 int now..stacking more Int will do nothing where as stacking MAB will only improve your damage.

Lol@gearing with ele skill outside of Abyssea..nothing was hard to land nukes on before at 75 so 90 should be a joke.

Edit: dammit it took me a long time to post this..my bad.
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-01-21 13:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
This. outside of abysssea your magic acc should be caped at 95% from elemental skill alone. There is 0 point in adding macc unless you feel like gimping your self for the lulz.
this makes sense. But then why is pieces like Hecate's crown, searing sash, etc (MAB pieces) so damn cheap, and pieces for INT (Icesoul ring) so damn friggin expansive?
Are you comparing NM drops that are cheap apparently(?) to an Icesoul ring which at the moment is expensive so it must be better?

You should have well over what 200 int now..stacking more Int will do nothing where as stacking MAB will only improve your damage.

Lol@gearing with ele skill outside of Abyssea..nothing was hard to land nukes on before at 75 so 90 should be a joke.

Edit: dammit it took me a long time to post this..my bad.

That's not true. You can't reach the Dint cap without brew
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-01-21 15:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Are you comparing NM drops that are cheap apparently(?) to an Icesoul ring which at the moment is expensive so it must be better? You should have well over what 200 int now..stacking more Int will do nothing where as stacking MAB will only improve your damage. Lol@gearing with ele skill outside of Abyssea..nothing was hard to land nukes on before at 75 so 90 should be a joke. Edit: dammit it took me a long time to post this..my bad.
That's not true. You can't reach the Dint cap without brew
Ok fine you're right..but you know what I meant.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-22 07:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

with y=~200 MAB, a tier V spell (828 base damage, using ice), and ~80 dint :

+1 INT ~ 5.3 damage
+1 MAB ~ 12.11 damage

1 mab ~ 2.28 INT.

with ~50 dint, ~200 mab total
1 mab ~ 2.18 INT.

with ~50 dint ~ 150 mab
1 mab ~ 2.6 INT.

As everyone knows (except in this thread) mab is ONLY better if your gear/atma sucks.

input your total dint (put 90 for mob's int) and mab into the following formula and you'll know :

1.30*(828+1.3*dint)*(1+1/100*y)

1+y/100~ should be ~1.5 for typical good mab gear and atma at 90 (y=200)

Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-01-22 07:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends on the gear pieces. Searing cape for example should pretty much always beat Goetia mantle. Sorc ring will always beat icesoul ring etc. Ofc if you compare something like searing sash to the 7int belt then it gets close.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Sephiel
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Sephiel
By Gilgamesh.Sephiel 2011-01-22 08:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Asura.Tavjon said:
Pretty sure it's a bad idea to stack conserve mp+ over Searing Cape, Cognition Belt, Artemis' Medal/Goetia Chain/Uggalepih Pendant, Witchstone.

It is :P

Proc rate is too bad that it's worth it to stick conserve mp + gear. You will get more damage in average if you stick to searing cape etc.

Thanks, at least you answered usefully. Didn't know the proc rate of the set was that bad. There are some testing around ? Or on BG ? You know the rate % ?
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-01-22 08:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh I didn't even see an increase from 2/5 to 5/5 af3+2. Looks like 1-3% to me. Haven't seen any real testings on proc rate tho. That's just me eyeballing and I play BLM everyday and nuke a lot :p
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [61 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-24 13:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to bump an older thread..but I thought i'd break the norm and not make a new one for a topic that already exsisted.

I've been thinking about Blm nuking gears and I know I have some work to do on my set but I really was wondering which would be better for some of the slots.

My current set:

Yigit Feet with MAB better than Goetia+1? Goetia Chain still good or is that Moonphase neck(can't remember the name of it..) one better most of the time? (not counting times for Uggy)

Any other advice is welcome.
 Asura.Raignes
user: Raignes
By Asura.Raignes 2011-03-24 13:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

+1? Yigit feet are probably marginally better (not good with FFXI math, going off of lolPChan's stuff there) 2 MAB is ~5 INT, plus the 3 INT already there. It'd be really close and pretty difficult to determine without knowing atma/race/merits, etc. If you use Spellcast, it should be able to switch between the Artemis' Medal and Goetia Chain for when it's applicable (I think Chain beats it till about 75% moonphase?)

Rest of yer gear looks pretty good, definitely work on getting the Magian damage staves done if you can, they're a huge increase (well, for this game) over HQ staves and fairly quick to burn through if you're patient.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-03-24 13:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Time to bump an older thread..but I thought i'd break the norm and not make a new one for a topic that already exsisted. I've been thinking about Blm nuking gears and I know I have some work to do on my set but I really was wondering which would be better for some of the slots. My current set: Yigit Feet with MAB better than Goetia+1? Goetia Chain still good or is that Moonphase neck(can't remember the name of it..) one better most of the time? (not counting times for Uggy) Any other advice is welcome.

You mean artemis medal, and that depends how much inv space you have whether its worth it to carry that uggy and goetia for the times each is best. Feet is close call could depend on rest of build/mob/buffs 10int +2 feet always beats yigit so getting 5/5+2 eliminates any use for yigit feet unless you wish to use it in a hmp set and carry that about still. As for +1 overall still better than yigit 3int and 2 mab its like comparing ixion cape to solitare cape pretty much. Could be yigit slightly better am2 aga3 and goetia+1 for tier1-5 but as mentioned if you plan to +2 eventually those would be superior always as would the full set so doesnt matter for now.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-03-24 13:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Since this thread got bumped, just wondering which is better, Searing sash or an INT+6/7 belt. I've tried both and haven't really noticed just difference, but that's eye-balling only mind.

Edit: This is my current nuking set

Body has MaB+5 Augment, Diamond Ring has INT+3 augment
 Cerberus.Gezira
user: Gezira
By Cerberus.Gezira 2011-03-24 13:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Missing alot still, as I have only been back into the game about a month, but here is my general nuke set up on non-matching day/weather.

Edit: Oh ya the Diamond Ring there I got lucky on, its got bonuses of INT+3 MND+3, love free gears.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-03-24 13:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:
Since this thread got bumped, just wondering which is better, Searing sash or an INT+6/7 belt. I've tried both and haven't really noticed just difference, but that's eye-balling only mind.

I can only give an eyeballing conclusion too and id also say its about equal to sorc belt and cognition marginally superior.

This mine needs +2 finished was in apollyon nuked a ghost for 2370ish stoneja on eartshday using that kubera staff and dorin obi. Then did it exactly same gear with goetia pants+2 and it did less dmg. Then did another few stoneja in both pants to check the added cumulative dmg was accounted for and im sure tonban still beat chausses. Will become irrelevant when im 5/5+2 im sure but im near positive tonban were 4-6dmg more than chausses on ja was about a month ago now I tested tho.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-24 13:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Gezira said:
Missing alot still, as I have only been back into the game about a month, but here is my general nuke set up on non-matching day/weather.

Edit: Oh ya the Diamond Ring there I got lucky on, its got bonuses of INT+3 MND+3, love free gears.
I love the Augment on my diamond ring. I get +6 int combined, +6 ice and resist silence. I was especially fortunate.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-24 14:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to get off my lazy *** and work on ToM staffs and Sea Obi's I have 2 ws gorgets but no Obi's

/fail
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-03-24 14:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
I need to get off my lazy *** and work on ToM staffs and Sea Obi's I have 2 ws gorgets but no Obi's /fail

Gets a bit boring maybe but I found solo obis relaxing, and its far quicker now at 90 ofc just do it solo when youve got nothing else lined up or fancy multi tasking whilst you play. Im guessing obis are a safe bet item for what to get now that will still remain superior under right conditions at 99.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-24 15:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting 7 Obi's worth it? Or just stick to Thunder/Ice and if I dont wanna kill myself then do some of the others?
 Valefor.Jaypea
Server: Valefor
user: Rodders89
By Valefor.Jaypea 2011-03-24 15:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Now days in abyssea the lower level elements are more useful so it's worth getting all the nuking elemental ones and with the adittion to V spells and the new aoes they are all good damage, dark is up to you it's not a bad piece to have I personally got it just never bothered with the light element one.

You are only gonna get day bonus in abyssea unless you /SCH but thats more than enough with +50 MAB Atmas lol at the end of the day they are most certainly worth having for any blm.
Just keep in mind thats 7 more inventory slots! :P
 Odin.Headstrong
Server: Odin
By Odin.Headstrong 2011-03-24 15:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

hm idk personally i only have ice/thunder/dark and light for my whm >.>
the rest seems pretty pointless to me.. most of the time all i'm nuking is ice spells anyways >:
except triggering stuff.. but not going to get obis for that ~.~
already 70+ on blm gear alone
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-24 15:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ehh in abyssea I don't have to carry all my hMP gear around (idc lol @ me i'm cool with it.) but 7 additional slots my be a little hard to deal with.

Knowing how lazy I am I really doubt that I will get more than 2. Just depends how much fun they are to finish.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-03-24 16:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Getting 7 Obi's worth it? Or just stick to Thunder/Ice and if I dont wanna kill myself then do some of the others?

Depends on how much other stuff youve got left to do in game I guess and where your priorities lie. I got them probably when most other blms got them when the cap was 75 between sea release and fall of toau era where the waist options for blm were sorc belt/penitents or sea obis. And thats a large time frame where options didnt change so ppl just got em.

I mean now most ppl would find it more a chore as abyssea just feels more fun I guess but owning 2-3 is still worth it imo. I probably wouldnt finish the last 5 obis I did if I had 3 right now and I still had other af3+2 items I still wanted.

Hyorin comes 1st because of atma of the beyond I guess then pre abys id say rairin then anrin but people dont really do limbus or dynamis or HNM much anymore and I dont use it as much as I used to. Still nice in abys for drain not really needed for aspir where theres really no mp issues. As for rairin that imo has fallen to just be equally as useful only now as the rest of them.

Rest are any order really could depend on what nms you do and if its worth the bother.

Its obvious atm blizz5 our strongest t5 add obi/zodiac/twilight and full af3+2 or a mix build with af2 tonban on iceday and it does more dmg. With atma of the beyond blizz 1-5 aga am2 on ice day will achieve you most dmg you can get. So hyorin is defo worth it. As for the rest as far as damage goes, for example you should do marginally more dmg with stone 5 on earthsday with obi/zodiac ring/twilight cape and a mix build with af2 tonban or af3+2 full set and it should do more dmg than any other element t5 on earthsday but not blizz5 but thats just down to atma of the beyond bonus.

Stone 4 with obi/zodiac/twilight cape/tonban has roughly same dmg as thunder 4 ungimped on same day searing back, 6 int ring, goetia pants+2 6 int waist.

Fire 5 on firesday with obi/back/ring/legs and a mix build gets really close to blizz5 ungimped one in regular build 6/7 int waist searing cape, 6/7 int ring goetia pants+2. Just quick tests / observations. Can be your own judge which ones are worth it.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-03-24 16:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You just shift obis over as the day changes from your sack/satchel.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-03-24 16:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:

This is what I do when I'm on BLM. Not as straight forward for SCH.

Currently I have Ice,Wind and Dark obi's
[+]
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
Server: Lakshmi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2011-03-24 16:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:

Edit: This is my current nuking set

Body has MaB+5 Augment, Diamond Ring has INT+3 augment

With the Magic Crit Hit rate +% that you have in other slots, I would use a witch sash in place of the cognition belt or searing sash
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-03-24 16:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Phaffi said:
Asura.Calatilla said:
Since this thread got bumped, just wondering which is better, Searing sash or an INT+6/7 belt. I've tried both and haven't really noticed just difference, but that's eye-balling only mind. Edit: This is my current nuking set Body has MaB+5 Augment, Diamond Ring has INT+3 augment
With the Magic Crit Hit rate +% that you have in other slots, I would use a witch sash in place of the cognition belt or searing sash

Would be best to drop wise strap for bugard+1 and use searing sash for am2 aja or aga spells and witch or sorc belt for t1-5, as for cognition superior for all nukes id imagine bar obis.
[+]
 Odin.Headstrong
Server: Odin
By Odin.Headstrong 2011-03-24 16:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
meh my mogsatchel/sack are almost full too..
also i'm pretty sure if i would put my obis in satchel when not the right day, they would just stay there forever -.-.