Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-21 05:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh 10 MAb is hard to pass up. Much harder than a little hp on blm.
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-01-21 07:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

How is it a pain in the ***? I have my sorc. ring macro built into my nuke macro so idc if ppl heal me, their mp. It's easy to proc the latent.
[+]
 Asura.Tavjon
Server: Asura
user: Tavjon
By Asura.Tavjon 2011-01-21 10:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
Are you that bad that you NEED those few extra HP from the enhancement?

Just for the record what he means by a few extra HP equals to about 1.4khp difference between latent hp and capped hp. Now to other blms what's better in abyssea having 2k hp face tanking everything or having latent hp getting one shotted by a crit or ridiculous tp moves from some of the nms in abyssea.

Don't think like this EU
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Sephiel
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Sephiel
By Gilgamesh.Sephiel 2011-01-21 10:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Sephiel said:
Asura.Tavjon said:

People nuking in Aesir torque, augurs body, latent sorcs ring in abyssea and using non mab atmas are doing it wrong

People having full AF3+2 and not stacking conserve MP on other slots are doing it wrong.

PS: What's with the sorc. ring in Abyss ?..

Why would you stack conserve MP? Each piece is pretty much best you can get, that's why people use them not just because of the set effect. And yeah what's wrong with the Sorc ring latent? I laugh at people who don't use sorc ring inside abyssea. Are you that bad that you NEED those few extra HP from the enhancement?

From wiki :

Quote:
Set: Augments "Conserve MP"

* Spells occasionally deal double damage when Conserve MP triggers.

I'm far from the Empyrean+2 full set, but when I'll have it, I would try to make Conserve MP proc as often as I could (meaning: equiping back, belt, neck, ammo,.. with Conserve MP+). Unless the full set itself gives a huge boost to the Conserve MP trait. But correct me if i'm wrong, I didn't had lot of feedback about this set effect.
 Asura.Tavjon
By Asura.Tavjon 2011-01-21 10:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure it's a bad idea to stack conserve mp+ over Searing Cape, Cognition Belt, Artemis' Medal/Goetia Chain/Uggalepih Pendant, Witchstone.

Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-21 11:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tavjon said:
Pretty sure it's a bad idea to stack conserve mp+ over Searing Cape, Cognition Belt, Artemis' Medal/Goetia Chain/Uggalepih Pendant, Witchstone.

It is :P
[+]
 Sylph.Aleya
Server: Sylph
user: aleckzia
By Sylph.Aleya 2011-01-21 11:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Sephiel said:
Gilgamesh.Sephiel said:
Asura.Tavjon said:

People nuking in Aesir torque, augurs body, latent sorcs ring in abyssea and using non mab atmas are doing it wrong

People having full AF3+2 and not stacking conserve MP on other slots are doing it wrong.

PS: What's with the sorc. ring in Abyss ?..

Why would you stack conserve MP? Each piece is pretty much best you can get, that's why people use them not just because of the set effect. And yeah what's wrong with the Sorc ring latent? I laugh at people who don't use sorc ring inside abyssea. Are you that bad that you NEED those few extra HP from the enhancement?

From wiki :

Quote:
Set: Augments "Conserve MP"

* Spells occasionally deal double damage when Conserve MP triggers.

I'm far from the Empyrean+2 full set, but when I'll have it, I would try to make Conserve MP proc as often as I could (meaning: equiping back, belt, neck, ammo,.. with Conserve MP+). Unless the full set itself gives a huge boost to the Conserve MP trait. But correct me if i'm wrong, I didn't had lot of feedback about this set effect.

lol wow.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-01-21 11:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Asura.Tavjon said:

It is :P

Proc rate is too bad that it's worth it to stick conserve mp + gear. You will get more damage in average if you stick to searing cape etc.
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-01-21 11:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tavjon said:
Are you that bad that you NEED those few extra HP from the enhancement?

Just for the record what he means by a few extra HP equals to about 1.4khp difference between latent hp and capped hp. Now to other blms what's better in abyssea having 2k hp face tanking everything or having latent hp getting one shotted by a crit or ridiculous tp moves from some of the nms in abyssea.

Don't think like this EU

Sorry but how are you face tanking stuff? If you know you are gonna get hate you should be ready to use Mana wall/enmity dousse. If not then dont even nuke the ***ouf of the nm. That's all the defense you need. As taru I have 700hp~ in my nuke gear. With stoneskin and Blink and those Job abilities how are you gonna die? Yeah you might get hit with a bad tp move but I don't rly know anything that will 1shot you. If the mob comes close and does a bad tp move and won't 1shot you you have enough time to use either enmity dousse or mana wall. Cmon.. play better. The only times I die is because of stupidity. And I'm a nuke freak and don't usually hold back.
[+]
 Asura.Tavjon
By Asura.Tavjon 2011-01-21 11:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That might work well in a xp group, but if you're low manning big nms that can break stoneskin with one hit you need more than JA on 10min timers nawmsayin
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-01-21 11:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tavjon said:
That might work well in a xp group, but if you're low manning big nms that can break stoneskin with one hit you need more than JA on 10min timers nawmsayin

I lowman everything with my group, i dont exp.
Usually NIN WAR WHM WHM BLM THF. ALl duoboxing. I really don't see what the difference is when you are lowmanning or not. Still can't think of anything that will 1 shot a BLM. When you lowman and have a thief with you he should be collerberating you so that's even less hate. You should't overnuke as BLM since that might even wipe your group. Know how much enmity - you have. Know how much damage the DDs are doing and how much they are taking. Then you should aproximately know how much you can nuke. Yeah sometimes a BLM pulls hate but that won't kill you. You have low hp, a hit or 2 and you lose a ton of hate already. If you go all out use enmity douse, if you happen to pull hate again after that or you are fighting another nm use mana wall until DDs pull hate again. How is that so hard?
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-21 11:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

All these sets I'm looking at in this thread, appear to be designed for Abbysea only. Loaded up on MAB and relying on Atma's for INT? Amazingly enough, These same nuke builds invite alot of resists outside of Abby. I have my +1 Goetia hat and legs, but that's as close to AF III+2 that I have gotten. Was in sea the other day, out nuking another Taru Blm in full +2 AFIII, so meh. Never ever sacrifice INT for MAB (unless of course you carry a 150+ nuking int as well). That's just my humble opinion. Everyone's MAB crazy, which is fine, I suppose, IN abby. I am too. But outside of Abby, when the chips are down, ya gotta have int as well.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-21 11:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
All these sets I'm looking at in this thread, appear to be designed for Abbysea only. Loaded up on MAB and relying on Atma's for INT? Amazingly enough, These same nuke builds invite alot of resists outside of Abby. I have my +1 Goetia hat and legs, but that's as close to AF III+2 that I have gotten. Was in sea the other day, out nuking another Taru Blm in full +2 AFIII, so meh. Never ever sacrifice INT for MAB (unless of course you carry a 150+ nuking int as well). That's just my humble opinion. Everyone's MAB crazy, which is fine, I suppose, IN abby. I am too. But outside of Abby, when the chips are down, ya gotta have int as well.

what is this I dont even..
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-01-21 11:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything outside abyssea was designed for 75. Even at 75 there was not much stuff where you would have to use skill in gear. Now you have like 80 skill more just from the levels. What do you need the Int for? :p And Blm Af3+2 is not bad for resists tbh. Body gives 11 macc. Head gives 15 skill, more than af2 head. Feet give 10 int. Idk what you need extra int for. Go for full damage inside and outside Abyssea imo.
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-21 11:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
You don't even, what? know what "Outside of Abby" means?
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-21 11:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything outside abyssea was designed for 75. Even at 75 there was not much stuff where you would have to use skill in gear. Now you have like 80 skill more just from the levels. What do you need the Int for? :p And Blm Af3+2 is not bad for resists tbh. Body gives 11 macc. Head gives 15 skill, more than af2 head. Feet give 10 int. Idk what you need extra int for. Go for full damage inside and outside Abyssea imo.
Oh yeah, there's no question. I want my AFIII +2 hat, body, hands, legs the most!!.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-21 12:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Since there is nothing outside abyssea that has been added since 75 cap, you really shouldnt be resisting on anything.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-21 12:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:

Why would you pick int over mab, if mab generate more dmg and you dont need the macc from int?
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-21 12:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Why would you pick int over mab, if mab generate more dmg and you dont need the macc from int?
When wouldn't you need MACC?
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-01-21 12:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

There's supposed to be a point when adding INT is more beneficial to certain nukes than adding MAB.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-21 12:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:

What exactly are you resisting on outside of abyssea?
[+]
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-21 12:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
This. outside of abysssea your magic acc should be caped at 95% from elemental skill alone. There is 0 point in adding macc unless you feel like gimping your self for the lulz.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-21 12:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:

You've gained 15 levels and nearly 100 skill levels, since we were 75, wtf are you gonna resist on outside abyssea? :P
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-21 12:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
This. outside of abysssea your magic acc should be caped at 95% from elemental skill alone. There is 0 point in adding macc unless you feel like gimping your self for the lulz.
this makes sense. But then why is pieces like Hecate's crown, searing sash, etc (MAB pieces) so damn cheap, and pieces for INT (Icesoul ring) so damn friggin expansive?
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2011-01-21 12:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
this makes sense. But then why is pieces like Hecate's crown, searing sash, etc (MAB pieces) so damn cheap, and pieces for INT (Icesoul ring) so damn friggin expansive?
Because Goldcrafters like Gil.. and Blm like to blow gil...
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-01-21 12:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Because they suck? Because Icesoul ring is harder to get? Sorc. ring is 500k, thats not cheap. Icesoul ring is new and many ppl want it so high demand but low supply cuz its not too easy to get it. Hecate's crown, searing sash suck cuz other pieces are better. Just because a piece has MAB on it doesn't mean it's good. Searing cape is the best nuking cape cuz it has 5 MAB on it. If it had lower MAB it would suck too. Needs to be the right amount of MAB. Novio/moldy/hecates earring all have high mab that's why they are better than int earrings etc.
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-21 12:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Because they suck? Because Icesoul ring is harder to get? Sorc. ring is 500k, thats not cheap. Icesoul ring is new and many ppl want it so high demand but low supply cuz its not too easy to get it. Hecate's crown, searing sash suck cuz other pieces are better. Just because a piece has MAB on it doesn't mean it's good. Searing cape is the best nuking cape cuz it has 5 MAB on it. If it had lower MAB it would suck too. Needs to be the right amount of MAB. Novio/moldy/hecates earring all have high mab that's why they are better than int earrings etc.
I have Hecatate's earing/moldivite/eradico mitts/yhel jacket/thurigan clogs/goetia chain/cognition belt AFIII+1 head and legs/witchstone as my nuke build. Of course I'm workin on the rest of my AF III. Oh, I use Tamas/Icesoul on my fingers.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-21 13:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Tamas is never the answer. Switch it out for Rajas.

Honestly, just because something is expensive doesnt mean its the best. Icesoul rings are harder to craft because you need high goldsmithing along with pretty high synergy to make. Not to mention the other items you need to craft before you are about to make it.

SO question, for you, if you do get full AF3+2, are you going to use the full set? Since you seem to be working on it.
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-21 13:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Well Tamas is never the answer. Switch it out for Rajas. Honestly, just because something is expensive doesnt mean its the best. Icesoul rings are harder to craft because you need high goldsmithing along with pretty high synergy to make. Not to mention the other items you need to craft before you are about to make it. SO question, for you, if you do get full AF3+2, are you going to use the full set? Since you seem to be working on it.
Aside from a couple of the accessories ( Goetia cape/earing, which I have) Probably. Especially once they're +2. I don't see any better alternative atm. Though, I may use Thurigan clogs in lieu of AF+2 feet. Idk. May need testing. Hands, head, body, legs, definately though. My Tamas ring is more of a trophy than anything else. First piece of Gearz I earned via mission completion. So, no. I won't part with it. Besides, I use it on whm as well.