Migawari: ichi
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Caitsith.Beanie
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Beanie
By Caitsith.Beanie 2011-02-16 02:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Not the first time I've heard this spell failing to block a high damage attack. I asked a friend about it that was tanking Glavoid and he said another nin that was taking with him was killed several times with Stonaga IV and Disgorge while having Migawari up, while at the same time blocking those same attacks on other occasions. Is it safe to assume Migawari Ichi is not 100%?
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-02-16 02:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Migawari only kicks in if the resulting damage exceeds your max HP, with Iga Ningi +1 its 85% of Max HP, Iga Ningi +2 is 75%. so if you have 2k HP any attack over 1999 dmg will be negated if you have no ningi. I just trio Glavoid and all disgorge did 0, Stonega should only do 1000-1200 with shell.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-02-16 02:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

ive had it block aeroga3 from carabosse while lowmanning, got lucky 1x with triple AoA quick casts on miga XD
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-02-16 02:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

After reading the same questions over and over, I'm wondering if this spell is going to usher in a new age of ninja that hopes migawari ichi will save them from everything, but then wonders why they still get killed with it up b/c they cast it with their aurore doublets on =/
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-02-16 02:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Moral of this story kids: dont use Aurore on any job cause it sucks.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [651 days between previous and next post]
By itchi508 2012-11-28 09:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats your migawari recast set and recast time!!
Cap haste
+5 fast cast on Mirke
1 minute 19sec recast w/o haste
1 minute 3sec recast w/ haste

Haven't tryed with hochomasamune i tossed it long time ago, assuming would be about a 58 sec recast with haste.
Thinking of making a new one just for soloing glavoid to ride migawari full time w/o waiting on recast.
Whats your lowest migawari recast??

Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-11-28 09:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget impatiens.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2012-11-28 10:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said: »
Titan.Darkestknight said:
Someone said it means to Sacrifice, or Wooden Man, so I doubt it's Silence or Sleep.

Japanese

身替の術:壱 忍Lv88
※詠唱するためには、忍び道具「木人」が必要です。

身替 is apparently migawari, although I'd write migawari 身代り. 身替 is either a very formal/archaic way to write it, or something else. It means "substitute" or "scapegoat." (The rest of the spell name in japanese is inconsequential --> migawari no jutsu ichi)

It does indeed use the tool mokujin 「木人」, which literally translates by the kanji into "wooden man."

Before I read the POL notes in Japanese, I was really hoping for mokujin to be written this way: 黙塵, which could be read as "silence dust" lol.

So i presume it's a KAGE BUNSHIN NO JUTSUUUUUUUUU!!!! NARUTOOOOOO
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-28 10:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as just reducing recast goes (ignoring quick magic), that's the best set you can wear atm. I have all that except the torque, in which place I have a Jeweled Collar with +3 atm. With white magic haste my recast is about 1:05 or so, so I pretty much have Migawari up the whole time whenever I do Glavoid, barring the obvious.
 Asura.Delos
user: Cipher
By Asura.Delos 2012-11-28 11:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I know your looking at lowering the recast but wouldn't lowering the hp% requirement be better?

Edit: Nevermind. Had a sped moment on that one.... Gotta love posting while at work....