Migawari: ichi
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Ifrit.Ravahan
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Ravahan
By Ifrit.Ravahan 2010-12-01 18:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Trick Attack ninjutsu??? (Scapegoat, targets the enemy..)
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2010-12-01 19:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

After playing EO3 so much, it would be nice to see another form of clones that isn't Utsusemi. There's a dozen NMs out there that can do it, along with Kagetora. Even one clone would be very awesome (and I imagine difficult to implement).

"Wood" was brought up so...

[+]
 Asura.Djcarlos
Server: Asura
By Asura.Djcarlos 2010-12-01 19:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

why not. they already getting the frog emote lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-01 19:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

in before counter
[+]
By shadobi 2010-12-02 11:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Migiwari found some info about the meaning online.
"changing or substituting one's body," refers to the notion that a particular buddhabodhisattva, deity, or other figure of spiritual power can offer itself in place of the person protects and thus absorb any negative forces that might otherwise afflict the person.

Info:

Your text to link here...
Server: Hades
user: Silas1222
By Hades.Boondocksaints 2010-12-02 11:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i just need to laugh that even @ level 88, you guys are still getting Ichi spells
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-12-02 12:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously it creates a little tarutaru who sacrifices himself. It's a Treasure Hunter bonus.

Seriously though, I think this is going to be similar to the Paladin's Counter ability. The ninja casts it on an ally and takes damage instead of them.
Server: Hades
user: Silas1222
By Hades.Boondocksaints 2010-12-02 13:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Please show me my trolls? im not a consistent poster
[+]
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
Server: Ifrit
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2010-12-02 13:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Reflect would be awesome.
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-02 14:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Boondocksaints said:
i just need to laugh that even @ level 88, you guys are still getting Ichi spells

Of course they are, it's the first spell in it's set.

That's like saying I find it funny that mages still get tier 1 spells when they're given a new spell.
[+]
 Asura.Gulder
user: Gulder
By Asura.Gulder 2010-12-02 15:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

My first thought was that it would be some sort of counter to -aga effects. The migawari shadow gets absorbed prior to utsusemi shadows, but doesn't absorb single target effects.
By Gravionblack 2010-12-05 09:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I know how you feel, if the NM's in campaign can have Jubaku: Ni why cant we?
 Leviathan.Zelllo
user: Zelllo
By Leviathan.Zelllo 2010-12-09 16:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I logged on last night with the intent of getting some mokujin in order to test this. I had to end up crafting some and then I went to try soloing berstuk with nin/dnc.

I didn't pop the scroll until I started battle then I casted it and got the neat little log icon. Then it went away after about 40 secs and the recast timer wasn't ready... I checked the log to see if something 'severly damaging' occured and nothing. It wasn't blocking waterga IV or anything. I casted it a couple of times and same thing, it'd just wear after 40 seconds without any noticable effects. I was keeping my shadows up as normal.

Now my theory is that this ninjutsu either blocks death attacks or really massive damage not 1k damage... Or SE didn't actually program the effect properly.

But due to the effect only lasting about 40 seconds and the recast timer being something like a minute 30 secs~ (hard to tell because I had haste on).

If the spell only blocks massive damage or death attacks, this is a very situational jutsu that you're probably not going to remember you have when it's time to be used... making it very hard to test...

If I didn't have iga legs +1 already, I'd spam minax bugard for testing purposes...

I'd like to see it work though.
 Leviathan.Optimis
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-12-09 16:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah im still trying to figure out what it does excatlly =/ no ones seem to have any luck yet. Maybe they messed up and it doesnt do anything atm lol
 Asura.Planet
user: Jovant
By Asura.Planet 2010-12-09 16:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

"immune to severly damaging attacks" could actually mean critical hits doing 0 damage when it does occur... have anyone tried this theory? would try it myself but not currently able to learn spell.
 Leviathan.Zelllo
By Leviathan.Zelllo 2010-12-09 17:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, I took a critical from Berstuk and it was normal while having the effect up.

I think that we might have a dud on our hands.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-12-09 17:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it only works on moves that inflict Death, Doom, or a severely damaging attack with a Throat Stab like effect.

Try some berries and get hit with Throat stab while it's on lol.
 Caitsith.Jessie
Server: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-12-09 17:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Planet said:
"immune to severly damaging attacks" could actually mean critical hits doing 0 damage when it does occur... have anyone tried this theory? would try it myself but not currently able to learn spell.
It might work like that new Bard spell where it reduces the effects of attacks that deal like 1000+ damage or something.
 Leviathan.Zelllo
By Leviathan.Zelllo 2010-12-09 18:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll try to find someone that needs celerity from the tonberries in Aby-Konst and test it out while helping them farm lol.
 Leviathan.Optimis
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-12-09 18:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesnt work on throat stab >.>;; still one shots my *** lol
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-12-09 18:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jessie said:
Asura.Planet said:
It might work like that new Bard spell where it reduces the effects of attacks that deal like 1000+ damage or something.

Scherzo gives a certain -DT% effect to attacks that would have dealt more than 75% of your max HP. While I thought it would be useless, I've found that things that would have normally 1-shotted you like the occasional high damage shadow wreak or blizzaga IV from Iratham, particularly when the *** decides to curse you first and then pwn your soul before the mages can get it off.

Iratham is up a whole lot more often now after the update, you might go give it a shot and see if it might proc on one of those attacks.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2010-12-10 05:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Think it works like Scherzo.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-10 05:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Try getting a bunch of dc mobs to attack you, and put it up at low health, maybe it only works on attacks that otherwise would have killed you? If so, would make it useful for an oh-***spell.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-12-10 05:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If its a ***spell im gonna be happy that i havent spent the 200k or so on AH that *** are putting the spell up for when it drops in grauberg from chests. I was hoping this would make Athamas a walk in the park against sickle slash and I could rock my TP gear instead of a big eva build.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-10 16:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/101126-New-Job-Traits-amp-Abilities-%2812-7-10%29?p=4294432&viewfull=1#post4294432

I'm more than willing to bet it works off your max HP. Full immunity is pretty crazy though, even if the mob has to deal a metric *** of damage to trigger it.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-12-10 16:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Atleast with this, you don't have to give up some other brd song to get it.
By heybrushan 2010-12-11 08:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got to try this new Ninjutsu out and i´m impressed ^^b

Tanked Fafnir as NIN/DNC in a 5 man party last night (was NOT expected to do that o_o' ) and after around 10% of it´s HP down it did "Dragon Breath" which hit me for 1500+ dmg, fell to the ground instantly since i didn´t have time to throw on fire resist gear...

Luckily the mages kept it cool and managed to hold it while i Mijin Gakue it and got another raise.

This time i threw on this spell and next Dragon Breath... 0 dmg! The one after that... 0!

when i started to throw on my Fire resist gear while Miguwari was still on i started to take dmg again, everything from 700 to 1398 (2 HP left...) which makes me believe this spell only saves you from dying. If a mobs TP move (or magic?) is devastating enough to kill you this jutsu kicks in and absorbs the damage, if it would take 90% of your HP but not kill you it will not kick in.

Every time the ninjutsu did kick in it disappeared so you´d have to wait for cooldown or recast it (definately recomend throwin on hastegear while casting it, that way it can be up 2/3 of the fight).

Hope this helps ^^b
[+]
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-12-14 13:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well after reading Heybrushan's post above me I decided to go out and try to kill Rapido with just Migawari and no powder boots... This is the results:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Killed it without even taking one damage the whole fight.
[+]