Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Migawari: ichi
Migawari: ichi
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Purpleeyes 2010-12-14 14:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Upbeat said:
Well after reading Heybrushan's post above me I decided to go out and try to kill Rapido with just Migawari and no powder boots... This is the results:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Killed it without even taking one damage the whole fight.

So you're a GM?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-14 14:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

heybrushan said:
Tanked Fafnir as NIN/DNC in a 5 man party last night (was NOT expected to do that o_o' ) and after around 10% of it´s HP down it did "Dragon Breath" which hit me for 1500+ dmg, fell to the ground instantly since i didn´t have time to throw on fire resist gear...

Stand on its feet.
[+]
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-12-14 14:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

@Purpleeyes Nope lol

@Bismarck.Josiahfk Only two got off, it started to use a third at 9% but my Jin killed it before it could get off.
By heybrushan 2010-12-15 11:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
heybrushan said:
Tanked Fafnir as NIN/DNC in a 5 man party last night (was NOT expected to do that o_o' ) and after around 10% of it´s HP down it did "Dragon Breath" which hit me for 1500+ dmg, fell to the ground instantly since i didn´t have time to throw on fire resist gear...

Stand on its feet.

Kinda hard when you're tanking it, otherwise it'd kill all of us... :P
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-12-15 11:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

heybrushan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
heybrushan said:

Stand on its feet.

What? You can tank on its feet; it doesn't turn. Also, fire resist gear doesn't reduce breath damage...
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-15 11:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

heybrushan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
heybrushan said:

Stand on its feet.

lol >_>
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-12-15 11:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

heybrushan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
heybrushan said:

Stand on its feet.

Faf has 2 feet.

LF (Left foot) -------- RF (Right Foot)

If you're worried about others getting hit by breath, stand on opposite feet (this is actually how my old LS used to do it, moreso by accident though).

Dragon Breath (or all breath attacks?) is more potent right in front of the mob, standing on either side (the feet in this case) will decrease the damage you take dramatically.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-12-15 11:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Dragon Breath (or all breath attacks?) is more potent right in front of the mob, standing on either side (the feet in this case) will decrease the damage you take dramatically.
OR if you are standing in the correct spot you won't even get hit.

Its like 2004 up in here.
[+]
By heybrushan 2010-12-16 03:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, never tanked Fafnir nor claimed it before so didnt know the tank could also stand on its foot :o. Good to know, now me and buddy could probably duo or trio it ^^.
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2010-12-16 03:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to the future?
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-12-16 04:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So, in a case like the Fafnir scenario, would it be worth putting on gear that does + Fire dmg taken.(-15 fire etc.) So you'd take so much dmg from the breath attack, that the mIgawari kicks in. Instead of reducing the dmg, where it doesn't proc, and your mages are cure spamming you since you have now 100hp etc.

Just a thought...
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-12-16 04:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

heybrushan said:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
So, in a case like the Fafnir scenario, would it be worth putting on gear that does + Fire dmg taken.(-15 fire etc.) So you'd take so much dmg from the breath attack, that the mIgawari kicks in. Instead of reducing the dmg, where it doesn't proc, and your mages are cure spamming you since you have now 100hp etc.

Just a thought...

the theory makes sense, but the fact of the matter is, even at level ninety, fafnir (or any pre-abyssea hnm for that matter with a high-damaging elemental attack most likely) will still hit you for full damage on the matter of the breath move, simply because you're commonly unresisting it by default, even with no negative fire resistance applied to you (bomb queen ring, etc)

you begin to bear witness to actual resists only after you start stacking corresponding +elemental resist equipment, and for what it's worth, that'll require at least 150 +fire on fafnir most likely for it to consistently occur in the first place; it's just how the game works for resists/unresists on magic, simply put
[+]
 Valefor.Arundo
Server: Valefor
user: arundo
By Valefor.Arundo 2010-12-16 05:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Most stupid post I ever read.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-12-16 05:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
OR if you are standing in the correct spot you won't even get hit.

Its like 2004 up in here.

Eh, I've never tanked it (or really paid attention to it). I was always BLM to Faf (WHM once or twice, but eh. All I saw was "HP go down > /Cure! > HP go up")

Where is the "correct spot"? Mostly for my own future reference just in-case I ever do end up tanking a Wyrm.
By heybrushan 2010-12-16 09:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, everyone feels good about being *** or something..?

Not everyone have done every NM in the game and lived in Dragon's Aery...

Instead of being an ***, help people out politely and the forum is nicer to hang out on.

... Kinda regret i created an account to help my fellow NINs by posting info on the new Ninjutsu... >_>
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-12-16 09:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Where is the "correct spot"? Mostly for my own future reference just in-case I ever do end up tanking a Wyrm.
Its a conal attack in front of the mob. Think of a "V" where his head is the center and his feet are the two edges. If you stand inside the "V" you get hit, if you stand outside you do not. Its not exactly defined by where his feet are, but its a good reference point. If you are being hit with Dragon Breath you should probably move a little more to the side.
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-16 09:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

heybrushan said:
Wow, everyone feels good about being *** or something..? Not everyone have done every NM in the game and lived in Dragon's Aery... Instead of being an ***, help people out politely and the forum is nicer to hang out on. ... Kinda regret i created an account to help my fellow NINs by posting info on the new Ninjutsu... >_>

No worries. Its kind of expected from these forums. Alot of people dont have many things going for them in RL so they use the game as a way of feeling good about themselves. Its kind of sad actually. but it does make for good entertainment sometimes.

I have a friend who resently got this spell. I am now really excited that this adds to his tanking ability. DNC,NIN,WHM trio ftw. lol. Thanks for the info.
By heybrushan 2010-12-16 14:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Atleast one friendly face in here ^^.

Have to agree to everything you said, some people takes this game way too serious and if they are "gods" in-game most afe probably the oposite IRL...
Not much to do about it, hopefully they realize it themself and try to be friendlier and enjoy the game, as they used to.
[+]
 Asura.Planet
Server: Asura
user: Jovant
By Asura.Planet 2010-12-25 22:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, so this spells negates any damage that is greater then your current HP physical or magical? has anyone tried if this can negate the effect of Death or Doom? or is Death or Doom not really doing any damage but just instantly killing you?
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-12-26 00:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It actually doesn't negate damage greater then your current HP. It only makes you immune to damage that's more then your max HP.

For example:

With 1500 Max HP 1,000 needles will do full DMG.
With 999 Max HP 1,000 needles will do 0 DMG.
With 999 HP at the time, but 1,500 max it'll do 1,000 DMG.

I've been trying to figure out how Iga Ningi +1 Enhances "Migawari" effect But I have no idea atm.

Lakshmi.Dkbutterflavah
By Lakshmi.Dkbutterflavah 2010-12-26 00:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

does Migawari: ichi apply to things like "death" also?

or additional effect "Death"?

more specifically, tyrant tusk?
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-12-26 00:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I really have no idea about that, I would guess not though.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-26 00:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Upbeat said:
It actually doesn't negate damage greater then your current HP. It only makes you immune to damage that's more then your max HP.

For example:

With 1500 Max HP 1,000 needles will do full DMG.
With 999 Max HP 1,000 needles will do 0 DMG.
With 999 HP at the time, but 1,500 max it'll do 1,000 DMG.

I've been trying to figure out how Iga Ningi +1 Enhances "Migawari" effect But I have no idea atm.

Maybe it'll negate a small amount of the damage? Say if you have 1500 max and an attack does 1400, it'll negate a bit of the damage if you have migawari up?
 Phoenix.Deboro
Server: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2010-12-26 00:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The Enhances is probably a reduced proc, so instead of a 100% Max hp attack would only need to be maybe 95% max or 90% depending. And it would still negate the attack
[+]
By heybrushan 2011-01-02 01:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone gotten +2 body and found out the "enhances Miguwari effect" yet?

My guess it kicks in if you take 80 or 90% of Max HP but would love to get soomething confirmed so i know what to focus on getting upgraded first ^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-01-20 04:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

someone on bg mentioned the enhance Migawari on af3body was multiple proc's without wearing. i believe he also mentioned the body had to be fulltimed for it to take effect.
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-01-20 04:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:

It will also stop Faf from moving/turning when someone other than the tank pulls hate, I don't think you'd want it to Spike Flail even at lvl 90. Back @ lvl 75 the whole party/alliance used to stand at either one of it's feet.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-01-20 13:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiki has it listed that the +1 will negate an attack that does 85% and +2 will negate an attack that does 75%

Nothing mentioned about if the body will need to be full time, on before/during/near end of casting, or on while the attack goes off. Would be nice if you just had to have it on while casting the spell at some point.

Tangent, for the iga feet to help utsusemi does it need to be on before you start casting like fast cast, or just swap them in just before casting finishes like haste?