users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Bastion
Bastion
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-09-11 16:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ok.. slowly builds up to 100% then begins shortly after that.

problem is the main unit thingy starts at 1% hp. And since a single player can only do one op a game day to improvel.s p, wif itu destroyed in the next fight it will restart at 1%. So wit in the next fight it will restart at 1%. So without many ppl to heal it with ops and to defend it every battle.. its goign to be at 1% quite often...
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-11 16:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah this isn't working out for me... getting hardly any xp and using up lots of abyssea time.
 Phoenix.Esaias
Server: Phoenix
user: Esaias
By Phoenix.Esaias 2010-09-12 01:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

killed an idol in about 7 blu spells zerging. got 5k exp and 500 credits in like 3 min off of 2 kills. (one i didnt even kill)

My opinion go in there, do as much damage as possible and warp home to port jueno when its done.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-12 01:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So lately been getting them to come more one at a time instead of all at once. Which has allowed us get multiple waves. Also it's been happening fairly frequently in miseraux. So now that I took my campaign filters off I just rush over when it happens since I'm already in zone doing the quest for seals.

I am having a bit of a problem just surviving though. Things just spamming AOEs that go thru shadows and have a rather decent range
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-09-14 10:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Joachim stores the stones...they don't have them, he just keeps them, so you could keep going back to him if you needed more stones as long as he has enough stored. And he adds a new stone every 20(16) hours. So if you started abyssea way back in the day, and never had to withdraw a stone. You'd have 3 months x 30days x 24 hours/20 hours a stone = a ***ton of stones.
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Wait a min am i missing some thing? how the F do u get 72 stones? ? answerd ty. is this since update or always? i thought the max he would hold is 3. i feel HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE
always. The max you can hold is 3(4) depending if you have the atma. Just go talk to Horst, if you havent been in HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE abyssea parties, you probably have 20-30 stored up. And you can just keep withdrawing them as you like. 1)Set HP to port jueno 2)use Horst to tele to the bastion fight 3)exp 4)warp back grab moar stones 5)???? 6)profit

Not really the point of the thread but you can hold up to 5 stones, not 4, theres now two key items for that.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-14 11:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

my advice, do a gear supply run before the bastion and help beef up your base thingy. then keep in mind you must pull hate from the mob some how in order to get XP from it, it's not too difficult to get enmity I get it from Cure IIIs and Cure Vs on NPCs and PCs. (As a WHM) if you Cure without getting hate even if you are healing you will not get any exp or resistance points
 Phoenix.Dragonwarrior
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dragonwarrior 2010-09-14 23:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said:
Fairy.Ghaleon said:
some guy in ls had 72 stones................... i now hate him.. :(

... ... ... i have 72 stones as well

Edit: make that 74

85 stones here Q.Q i suck in abyssea
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 23:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't actually have to get hate from mobs let alone the one that actually died. I've gotten xp from just running up and hitting sharp shot. And get most my xp from mobs I never touched while trying to solo another mob lol
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-14 23:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
So lately been getting them to come more one at a time instead of all at once. Which has allowed us get multiple waves. Also it's been happening fairly frequently in miseraux. So now that I took my campaign filters off I just rush over when it happens since I'm already in zone doing the quest for seals.

I am having a bit of a problem just surviving though. Things just spamming AOEs that go thru shadows and have a rather decent range

Yeah I was having serious issues with this too and shadows are rather pointless. I tried on BLU and RDM. on RDM nuking orbs and gears seem to be the best way to get exp and remain away from the chaos. BLU i just spam spells on orbs and other mobs that aren't chariots or the walking steel dudes.

On blu I pull about 16k+ on average. Landing kill blows on BLU is key. RDM not as high but can get at least 8-10k.

Quick edit:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
You don't actually have to get hate from mobs let alone the one that actually died. I've gotten xp from just running up and hitting sharp shot. And get most my xp from mobs I never touched while trying to solo another mob lol

I get random exp here and there from mobs I never even touched as well.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 23:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah seems somewhat merit based like campaign... so yeah zerging jobs that can survive kinda have an advantage lol
 Siren.Chrichri
Server: Siren
user: Chrichri
By Siren.Chrichri 2010-09-14 23:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no stones and 12 minutes stored time :( I just came back to the game like 4 weeks ago and bought the 2 expansions. New gear couldn't have come at a worse time. In other news, Bastion is sweet... the 3 times I've done it have netted about 8k or so for a combined time of 5-6 minutes I guess.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-14 23:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Yeah seems somewhat merit based like campaign... so yeah zerging jobs that can survive kinda have an advantage lol

Yeah... mages in Bastion are worse then campaign mages though.. if you're unlucky and zerg but die before getting exp the chances of getting raised before it's over are slim to none so it's IMPORTANT to have some type of reraise. and Never fight in a hoard of mobs try and pull them away.

On rdm I just nuke cause it's easier to spam tier3's or something and get decent exp then attempting to melee... meleeing in there is horrid at least for me :(
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 23:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Yeah... mages in Bastion are worse then campaign mages though.. if you're unlucky and zerg but die before getting exp the chances of getting raised before it's over are slim to none so it's IMPORTANT to have some type of reraise. and Never fight in a hoard of mobs try and pull them away.

On rdm I just nuke cause it's easier to spam tier3's or something and get decent exp then attempting to melee... meleeing in there is horrid at least for me :(
Even better than doing like accension cure IV to um keep the npcs alive?
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-14 23:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Actually didn't even think about curing npcs. I solo'd a gear in 3 nukes can easily land kill blows on RDM with nukes.

I tried getting EXP on whm via curing and didnt get much so resorted in meleeing. Maybe curing npcs rather then players gives more exp
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 23:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Yeah... mages in Bastion are worse then campaign mages though.. if you're unlucky and zerg but die before getting exp the chances of getting raised before it's over are slim to none so it's IMPORTANT to have some type of reraise. and Never fight in a hoard of mobs try and pull them away. On rdm I just nuke cause it's easier to spam tier3's or something and get decent exp then attempting to melee... meleeing in there is horrid at least for me :(
Actually didn't even think about curing npcs. I solo'd a gear in 3 nukes can easily land kill blows on RDM with nukes. I tried getting EXP on whm via curing and didnt get much so resorted in meleeing.

Maybe curing npcs rather then players gives more exp
Especially since that should boost the chances of ya know actually winning therefore more dead mobs + maybe another wave.

Also if it is like campaign accension should make it so it not only cures all npcs but all pcs in range. And given the limited area they fighting in that will most likely be quit a few targets.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-14 23:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Yeah... mages in Bastion are worse then campaign mages though.. if you're unlucky and zerg but die before getting exp the chances of getting raised before it's over are slim to none so it's IMPORTANT to have some type of reraise. and Never fight in a hoard of mobs try and pull them away. On rdm I just nuke cause it's easier to spam tier3's or something and get decent exp then attempting to melee... meleeing in there is horrid at least for me :(
Actually didn't even think about curing npcs. I solo'd a gear in 3 nukes can easily land kill blows on RDM with nukes. I tried getting EXP on whm via curing and didnt get much so resorted in meleeing.

Maybe curing npcs rather then players gives more exp
Especially since that should boost the chances of ya know actually winning therefore more dead mobs + maybe another wave.

Also if it is like campaign accension should make it so it not only cures all npcs but all pcs in range. And given the limited area they fighting in that will most likely be quit a few targets.

Yeah I forgot they had NPCs. Normally on BLU when I attempt. first attempts I did on RDM weren't very good. :( last night they had 3 waves hit at once.. it was horrid
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-15 10:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

well you guys are having better luck than me. I've had instances where I received no exp/res pts even after curing NPCs. I also dont think i get as much exp but then again i'm not doing damage just trying to heal NPCs etc
 Bismarck.Helixx
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-09-19 09:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

There are 2 main problems with bastion:
1: two attacks can happen at the same time, which will be devastating.

2: it takes precious abyssea time to find out when the next attack will happen. Would be great if there was a small "bastion" map, like with besieged and campain that showed where the attack is happening soon.

Otherwise the exp is insane if you get a bastion party. 2k for killshot on the bigger things. 1k for the small "detector" like balls. 10k exp/battle if done decently
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-19 09:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helixx said:

2: it takes precious abyssea time to find out when the next attack will happen. Would be great if there was a small "bastion" map, like with besieged and campain that showed where the attack is happening soon.

not true sir.... Horst will tell you when there will be a fight..just ask him about defense status (its one of those options) and he will tell you a % chance an attack will happen (like 95% chance this abyssea zone will be under attack)
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-09-19 09:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

yes i agree they need to do something to fix it. it's a good idea but the mobs behavior is something that needs to be fixed I will cast something on a mob and it will continue to run right past me and attack the OP. also tried to intercept them once while they were on the way and they just kept going. mabey if they fixed this behavior it would help some
 Bismarck.Helixx
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-09-19 11:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Bismarck.Helixx said:

not true sir.... Horst will tell you when there will be a fight..just ask him about defense status (its one of those options) and he will tell you a % chance an attack will happen (like 95% chance this abyssea zone will be under attack)
ok just realized that. sorry did not pay attention.

had a few battles today and there seems to be still one major problem: we ain't killing them fast enough. It takes about 10sec for a 1% chance of attack to go up. That gives (with 3 attack routes) an average of 5.5 min between each attack.

If you don't kill them fast enough ONCE, the next wave will ruin all your effords. The Pulse marillo goes down instantly. They often just rush in onto it and the battle is over after 5 seconds.

_________________________________ Best solution i've had untill now was to cast a Stone ja or Water ja spell on them. 1k+ to all oncomming mobs. They will kill you tho, but this will save the marillo and if you live you get lots of exp from others fnishing mobs.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-19 11:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The items you buy with resistance credits help alot. Obviously zerging helps. Keeping the martello alive long enough so mobs actual die is required to actual get any xp.

Also as far as precious time goes... most people are zoning in and out doing quest for seals. Just keep your campaign filters off so you can see the messages and when it says they are approaching while you are already in zone warp over and bam do it.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-19 12:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helixx said:
_________________________________ Best solution i've had untill now was to cast a Stone ja or Water ja spell on them. 1k+ to all oncomming mobs. They will kill you tho, but this will save the marillo and if you live you get lots of exp from others fnishing mobs.
2 or 3 blm teaming up could do some stupid damage like this, each buy a fanatics drink, and simply spam the crap out of all the mobs with stoneja or something. Chuck in a blu to do frypan > whirl of rage > temporal shift > frypan > whirl of rage and everything bar the mega boss and chariots would probably be dead.
 Ramuh.Keddin
user: keddin
By Ramuh.Keddin 2010-09-20 12:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so what i think needs to be done in order to have a successful run is the following.

Get between, lets say, 6-12 ppl for a bastion party. Since most Martello's are at between 1-3% every battle and usually never get repaired the mobs need to be stopped long before they get back to base camp. Any aga spell will usually suffice at stopping the mobs at a trap. Did this with 5ppl, 3blu rdm blm, and we each yielded around 1k credits and about 3-5k exp.