Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Bastion
Bastion
 Leviathan.Yokhai
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-10 14:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shout for bastion alliances just like you would abyssea?
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Server: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2010-09-10 14:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Quintow said:
compared to campaign mobs how hard are these mobs in general? Lets say compared to "normal" campaign mobs then say, maybe northlands campaign mobs w. Curious

I'd say all of them are much weaker then "normal" Campaign mobs. Chariots, Gears and Acroliths are more durable and more powerful with AoE attacks that can easily lead to the end of the Bastion beacuse they can hit the Pulse.

While they're much weaker, the NPC's are as well. If 3 or 4 monsters come at once, the NPC's just get steamrolled.
[+]
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-09-10 14:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Priy said:
What NPC gives you the Pennant? Is it the Prefect or the Sapper? I'm not home right now to play and I couldn't find anything on wiki about it yet....
^^ This
 Asura.Zman
Server: Asura
user: Zman
By Asura.Zman 2010-09-10 15:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, the Prefect will tell you the % chance that attacks will occur from the various directions that you can ask him about.
When it says 100%, then you know it will start soon.

When the mobs are close enough on their way to the "fort" thingy, the Prefect will make an announcement, very similar to campaign announcements (same font), and only THEN, can u receive pennant from him.

Just like Allied Tags, you can only get the status when the battle is on. So, when u see him/her announce, run over to the Prefect and scroll down to receive pennant.

Then run to the dumpster and DEFEND!!!!!
Good luck!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Zman
user: Zman
By Asura.Zman 2010-09-10 15:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Asura.Zman said:
Then run to the dumpster and DEFEND!!!!!
So much pun!

Ouch, stop punishing me! :D
 Alexander.Varistor
Server: Alexander
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2010-09-10 16:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

which zone have you guys been doing?
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-10 17:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Quintow said:
compared to campaign mobs how hard are these mobs in general? Lets say compared to "normal" campaign mobs then say, maybe northlands campaign mobs w. Curious

Let's put it this way, you can die very fast. Some of the 'bigger' mobs hit for 250-300 a normal hit, and have annoying TP moves. There's chariots, dolls, pots & even acrolith's.

Acroliths suck. 600DMG TP moves through shadows.

Edit: Anyone found a way to get the pulse thing up other than doing the once per day quest? I seem to be the only person bothering.
 Fenrir.Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2010-09-10 17:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what you mean. I feel like I'm the only one doing it too but, I know there's so much potential here.

I'm thinking we just need to get people to know about the event. If people start doing the ops, we should be in much better shape.

If I were to sum up Bastion in a few words, I'd say it's a quick, super condensed Campaign. Like Campagin for the really busy. :P
[+]
 Leviathan.Rihoko
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2010-09-10 20:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Any skill ups possible during bastion fights?
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-09-10 21:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

No skil ups btw, its like campaign. Even has the same icon lol
 Asura.Baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-09-10 21:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Varistor said:
which zone have you guys been doing?

I do all 3 zones, waqtch for 95 percent invasion from Horst and super warp right to the maw!

Warp out after battle asap, rinse and repeat.
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-10 21:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mefuki said:
I know what you mean. I feel like I'm the only one doing it too but, I know there's so much potential here.

I'm thinking we just need to get people to know about the event. If people start doing the ops, we should be in much better shape.

If I were to sum up Bastion in a few words, I'd say it's a quick, super condensed Campaign. Like Campagin for the really busy. :P

If everyone who used to campaign-*** started bastion, did quest & helped fight off these hordes.......

I could forsee having the ability to solo 30k/hr <.<

I just hope people realise this soon D:
 Bismarck.Rellz
Server: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-11 00:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

every bastion that i go to the mobs come in like groups of 5 (containing like 3 chariots) that just kick the npcs *** and quickly destroy martello too. of like 20 battles think we only one like once. i love the xp but its kinda annoying when battles last like 30 sec and u get 1k xp :/
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-11 01:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fearforever said:
sounds like Campaign just got completely replaced
since this really seems to be the case, I would love to see the level of the campaign mobs adjusted, make it a bit lower..without totally screwing it up.. that way lower level people will be able to take more advantage of campaign, while level 70+ will be able to enjoy bastion. IDK what kinda level they should lower it too, as right now you can sort of compete in campaign at around 55+ but maybe make it 40-50+ and have max xp at 50-55 or something.... just my 2c
 Ifrit.Ravahan
Server: Ifrit
user: Ravahan
By Ifrit.Ravahan 2010-09-11 01:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I got about 2500 for a... oh, maybe 3-5 minute fight on my 62NIN. I tried to melee stuff but kept getting AoE'd to hell so I just stayed at a distance and did ninjutsu and survived.

Looks like this could be a viable way to level those jobs that are a bit too high to productively solo and a bit low for abyssea (unless, of course, you know the ally leader or make the group yourself and they let you leech) since normal parties seem to have just plain stopped for the most part.

That being said I don't think I could have really done much to help the battle. When I was meleeing I hit for 0 or whiffed, and my nukes were doing double digit damage at best.... So maybe we shouldn't all rush out to do that at once.
 Asura.Baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-09-11 03:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sumbody check and see if the healing mist also cures the npcs. Maybe we need to spam the temp items.
 Bismarck.Rellz
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-11 03:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

its so annoying when a mage npc AGAs mobs and brings them right next to martellos and they AOE and destroy it... instant loss lol. ive had a battle end like 15sec after it started lol
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-11 03:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rellz said:
every bastion that i go to the mobs come in like groups of 5 (containing like 3 chariots) that just kick the npcs *** and quickly destroy martello too. of like 20 battles think we only one like once. i love the xp but its kinda annoying when battles last like 30 sec and u get 1k xp :/

You get higher EXP when you land the kill blow apparently. My friend only landed the kill blow and did nothing else prior and got 2k exp.
 Asura.Baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-09-11 03:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i mentioned that on the first page too
 Bismarck.Rellz
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-11 03:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Bismarck.Rellz said:

You get higher EXP when you land the kill blow apparently. My friend only landed the kill blow and did nothing else prior and got 2k exp.
the xp is really varied. i think its based on how much dmg u urself do to mob im not sure though. i did like 3 wses on one and got 2700 xp for that mob and some kills i get 400xp for
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-11 03:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I see in the future some "tweaks" to the EXP gain in Bastion, cause it's "too good" just like when campaign first came out.
 Ifrit.Ravahan
Server: Ifrit
user: Ravahan
By Ifrit.Ravahan 2010-09-11 08:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think its "too good", you have to use up visitant status to participate and that's finite. On top of that, SE has been moving FFXI in more of a solo/low-man play direction and I don't see them keeping it so that you need an alliance to exp like you do right now. They're preparing for the game to die out a little bit and hoping to still make it fun for the people that keep playing, so I think they'll keep stuff like Bastion viable for exp for those who don't have the time to get together another 17 people and spend 4 hours killing ***all in one block.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2010-09-11 09:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rellz said:
its so annoying when a mage npc AGAs mobs and brings them right next to martellos and they AOE and destroy it... instant loss lol. ive had a battle end like 15sec after it started lol

This.

Why do the mage NPC's have to do that? I've done about 50-ish Bastions by now and I'd say half of them end premature because as soon as the mages see an enemy, they cast tier III -agas and such.

I wonder if there's a way to make the NPC's move forward. In some of the Bastions I was in, that's what happened. For some reason they just started running forward, like a preemtive strike or something.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-11 13:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Blah just did my first bastion. Mobs ran up shot a couple then they just ran past us and the nps and pwn they thing we were defending and I got all of about 80 xp /cry
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-09-11 14:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

haha i just ran into one whilst getting the new maws.. 3 mobs died bastion ended.. 15k later im slightly happier.

2nd battle none died.. martello got taken 0exp...

boooo
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-09-11 14:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is speculation at this time, but it seems like the server must make an effort to complete Resistance Ops, if we want the Pulse Martello things to have enough HP and/or defenses to endure longer battles.

It also appears that waiting to engage the attackers until they are in close proximity to the Martello is a misguided strategy.

I gather that, so far, many players are trying to treat Bastion exactly like Campaign. And I'm sure there are differences, and we'll gradually discover improved strategies.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-11 14:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's weird right now on my servers mis is usually around 3-5% martello. And vunkrel is like 30%. But in the time it took to get the mobs to get from 90-94% in vunkrel, miseraux went from 46-100%

So far though I have yet to get great xp. 80 once, maybe 3k another time and 0 another time in the course of the last couple of hours
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-09-11 14:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said:
some guy in ls had 72 stones................... i now hate him.. :(

... ... ... i have 72 stones as well

Edit: make that 74
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-09-11 15:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Do the percentages of likly hood to atk slowly rise to 100%? or is it jsut a single number liklyhood?