Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-09-10 08:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Titan.Sphinxx said:
Are you restricted from gaining skillups like in campaign too?
No idea, I'm at 1/5 crests, so all my skills were capped :p
if you can get skill ups that would kick some serious *** . I suspect its kinda 50/50 . i did one last night , but the second i got my 'tags' and reached the mobs it ended before Thunder 4 went off . I didnt see and Icon next to names like in BEsieged or Campaign , but who knows . The SS is awesome tho . gives some hope to solo play in abysseas for EXP and not havin to go thru the BS of makin a PT and makin lights and gettin keys . If you can get 7-10k in a 15 minute battle , that sounds like 28-40k an hour to me . sooo once the battles last longer (if they will) who cares if you dont TEs ? with your 90-120 minutes you can get 40-80k EXP by 'your self' kinda . lol
 Alexander.Almostunsane
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Almostunsane 2010-09-10 08:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I did this twice yesterday, each battle less than 5 minutes. Winning or losing doesn't seem to impact your EXP, like Campaign. However, I think it's got an effect on the time between battles.

These times aren't accurate, just for the sake of example.
Battle 1, started at 6:00 PM. Go and fight, we lose, I got about 8000 exp total from, oh, maybe 7 killed mobs. Fight took about 4 minutes, then the mobs escaped with the martello core thingy. 6:04.

Battle 2, around 6:10. This one we won, as more people came and fought more individual mobs. Got almost exactly a full 10k, entered with somewhere around 9.7k into merit and left with 9.3k. I learned here that bigger = better (EXP), because stuff like Spheroids only gave 50-800 exp (though I didn't engage them) while Acroliths gave 2.5-3k. We won this, around 6:16.

Battle 3...didn't happen in the next 20 minutes. I left then because I was almost out of time on my stone (this was in Vunkerl and I was doing the quest, The Boxwatcher's Behest to kill time). So yeah, dunno if it's coincidence or what, but there's my experience. Each battle gave about 500-700 Resistance Credits, for those interested more in the Empyrean pants than the experience points. I got my lancer's and left happy~

tl;dr: If you prefer Abyssea parties, you won't have to spend long for your base Empyrean legs. If you don't like Abyssea parties or are just plain short on time, this is an amazing opportunity for some easy experience/limit points.

Edit: There is a status gained for these battles, like Allied Tags. It's called Pennant.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-10 08:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any other use for the credits other than temp items and empyrean legs?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-10 11:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I think my server's bastion is broken or something. I've done it 3 times, and I never get EXP. The battles last 10 seconds because the pulse martellos start at less than 5% HP each time. Nothing significant happens: I get Pennant on, a bunch of people show up, the mobs come in, I get like 1 WS off, they whack the martello, and then they leave. No exp, no credits, nothing.

There has to be a way to buff up these martellos. What's the point of this event if you can't even participate in it because it's over before it begins? C'mon, SE, wtf.
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2010-09-10 11:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't kill any of the monsters you won't get exp or anything.

You get it just like you do in a party, after a mob is dead, you get exp and such for that specific mob and you move on to the next.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-10 11:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So, how do we fix the martellos so there's actually enough time to kill stuff?

Edit: According to Horst, two of the martellos are at 0% right now. Yeah. Zero. Percent. One of them has a 91% attack probability. The battle is going to start with 0%. Maybe 1%.

This is absurd.
 Fenrir.Ansatsusha
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Ansatsusha 2010-09-10 11:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

No cap on how many stones are held and they don't seem to reset at any point, I had 98 stones this morning sitting around camping Bastion now. Need to try out a level 6x and see how the xp turns out vs 81+.

Sucks they are so short right now though, and bring raise nobody will spend the 20 seconds of their abyss time to do so.
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2010-09-10 11:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still toying with it, i've only done 1 battle...

but here's the exp I got off just one monster...

I earned a total of 11.3k in this one run.
 Phoenix.Juggalo
Server: Phoenix
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-09-10 11:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ansatsusha said:
No cap on how many stones are held and they don't seem to reset at any point, I had 98 stones this morning sitting around camping Bastion now.

Pardon my ignorance, but how does one store that many stones? I mean, I know I can get 3 (or 4 with abyssite) stones from Joachim and all but how would I "bank" stones like that? Joachim won't give me more beyond three I've got on me.
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2010-09-10 11:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Juggalo said:
Fenrir.Ansatsusha said:
No cap on how many stones are held and they don't seem to reset at any point, I had 98 stones this morning sitting around camping Bastion now.
Pardon my ignorance, but how does one store that many stones? I mean, I know I can get 3 (or 4 with abyssite) stones from Joachim and all but how would I "bank" stones like that? Joachim won't give me more beyond three I've got on me.

He holds the extra ones...you will always have 1 per 20 hours (or 16 if you have key item).

You can ask him how many stones he is holding for you. It's like a bank, he holds them till you withdraw them.
 Ifrit.Ravahan
Server: Ifrit
user: Ravahan
By Ifrit.Ravahan 2010-09-10 11:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You can buff the outpost and I believe the martello by doing resistance ops. Talk to the resistance sapper
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-10 11:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Ravahan said:
You can buff the outpost and I believe the martello by doing resistance ops. Talk to the resistance sapper

Thank you.
 Asura.Baroma
Server: Asura
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-09-10 11:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If you look at my 1st SS it has where we recovered a martello core, That gives it HP back, we recover it from the mobs we kill. Please correct me if i am mistaken.
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-09-10 12:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait a min am i missing some thing? how the F do u get 72 stones?

? answerd ty.

is this since update or always? i thought the max he would hold is 3. i feel HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE
 Leviathan.Yokhai
Server: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-10 12:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Joachim stores the stones...they don't have them, he just keeps them, so you could keep going back to him if you needed more stones as long as he has enough stored. And he adds a new stone every 20(16) hours. So if you started abyssea way back in the day, and never had to withdraw a stone. You'd have 3 months x 30days x 24 hours/20 hours a stone = a ***ton of stones.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-10 12:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Cripnicc said:

? answerd ty.

is this since update or always? i thought the max he would hold is 3. i feel HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE

always. The max you can hold is 3(4) depending if you have the atma. Just go talk to Horst, if you havent been in HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE abyssea parties, you probably have 20-30 stored up. And you can just keep withdrawing them as you like.

1)Set HP to port jueno
2)use Horst to tele to the bastion fight
3)exp
4)warp back grab moar stones
5)????
6)profit
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-10 12:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Now the money question is, can Bastion mobs drop crests.....?
By scholar231 2010-09-10 12:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

no
 Titan.Cripnicc
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-09-10 12:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

not to de-rail post but is there a way to find out what drops these seals to upgrade armor?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-10 12:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:

? answerd ty.

always. The max you can hold is 3(4) depending if you have the atma. Just go talk to Horst, if you havent been in HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE abyssea parties, you probably have 20-30 stored up. And you can just keep withdrawing them as you like.

1)Set HP to port jueno
2)use Horst to tele to the bastion fight
3)exp
4)warp back grab moar stones
5)????
6)profit

Part 3 only seems to work if you're on a server with lots of other people doing bastion :|
By dannyl 2010-09-10 12:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Cripnicc said:
not to de-rail post but is there a way to find out what drops these seals to upgrade armor?

I think everyone and their mom wants to know the answer to that question...
 Ifrit.Ravahan
By Ifrit.Ravahan 2010-09-10 13:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know why it seems like I can only do one resistance op per day? Are there op credits like in campaign, and if so how do I view them? "How can I do more to improve these battles?" is what I'm trying to find out. Its not even worth the bother of going when the battle is over in literally 10 seconds because the defense is at 5%-0%.
 Titan.Aonen
user: Aonen
By Titan.Aonen 2010-09-10 13:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

can you solo there? or is this group only?
 Ifrit.Ravahan
By Ifrit.Ravahan 2010-09-10 13:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I tried sleepga IIing the hoarde as it came in and... uh... I don't recommend it. The guys I was with got about 5k for the battle, I got 1k since I was dead for about the last 30 seconds of the 1 minute fight. What we need is large quantities of tanks or much higher outpost ratings.
 Shiva.Shinneh
Server: Shiva
user: Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2010-09-10 13:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Or... You use the R.Credits and buy a Fanatics Drink, and AoE as much as possible to keep them from thwacking on the Mantelet.

works for me!
 Bismarck.Selzak
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Selzak 2010-09-10 13:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Cripnicc said:
Saw a post on BG about someone killing a frog NM in one of the new zones- I believe it dropped one of the DRG items for upgrade. So I assume that various NM's across the new zones drop them. It would make since that a frog(jumping) would drop DRG, and I saw a nasty vampire NM in one zone(probably for DRK).
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-10 13:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

kinda curious of what exp (if any) you'll get if trying to lv a lv 40ish subjob there. Anyone tried?
 Cerberus.Quintow
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2010-09-10 13:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

compared to campaign mobs how hard are these mobs in general? Lets say compared to "normal" campaign mobs then say, maybe northlands campaign mobs w. Curious
 Sylph.Priy
Server: Sylph
user: jarredpoe
By Sylph.Priy 2010-09-10 14:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

What NPC gives you the Pennant? Is it the Prefect or the Sapper? I'm not home right now to play and I couldn't find anything on wiki about it yet....
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-09-10 14:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

its the perfect, ive been waiting by her for an hour now but no one is in the damn zone