Leviathan.Remoraforever
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-09-08 21:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Remoraforever said:
Flionheart said:
It feels so... Desperate. I noticed that when they gave THF DWII.

It's like they're giving everyone the gear of their dreams without a further thought, simply to keep fanbase.

THF got dual wield 1... Not 2. This gear is hardly "dream gear" It's just something to keep players interested until FF14 is fully released.

I'm sorry... Haste+7 on the head is pretty much dream gear lol.

Look at the MNK gear ffs. If the feet are better than Poise shoes (I'm guessing they will be) those are fulltime TP pieces.

That's just knocked the *** out of anything that came before it.

Not saying that haste+7 isn't cream-tastic. Haste+25 on a head peice is dream-gear. +2% over turban really doesn't count in my book as all of that much "Dream"
[+]
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-08 21:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

It's like they're giving everyone the gear of their dreams without a further thought, simply to keep fanbase.

THF got dual wield 1... Not 2. This gear is hardly "dream gear" It's just something to keep players interested until FF14 is fully released.

Look at the MNK gear ffs. If the feet are better than Poise shoes (I'm guessing they will be) those are fulltime TP pieces.

The gear is insane, yes. But we've increased 10 levels.

Compare awesome Lv65 equip to awesome Lv75 equip. You will see a huge difference.

Can't expect people to work their *** off for an extra 3acc and 2 str. I admit, it DOES seem to good at first glance, but that's only because Lv75 equip has been seen as the norm for us for so long. Shits changing, we're gunna need stats like this to deal with the nightmareish creatures they are going to release.

Damage wise I think it's fine so far... I'm just a little afraid they are over-powering blink tanking atm.. Giving everyone such easy to get Haste gear and ***.
By Flionheart 2010-09-08 21:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

Fact... I just wasted a bunch of time and money on Usukane gear the past 6 months... and I'm still 14/15 on that set... Oh well now.

I don't like that. New armour shouldn't destroy everything before it utterly.
[+]
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-09-08 21:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

Fact... I just wasted a bunch of time and money on Usukane gear the past 6 months... and I'm still 14/15 on that set... Oh well now.

Look at all other games. Does the higher level Equip become crappier than the lower level equip? I didn't think so. As you level up you need gear to go along with you. Using the same stuff from 3-4 years ago just wont cut it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-09-08 21:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

Its a MMO stuff moves forward. We cant have lvl 45 stuff still be the awesome ***forever because people who worked hard to get will Q.Q when lvl 55 stuff wrecks it. Im hyped for this stuff and hope its not some sort of BS dyna type event that we will need to do for it.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-08 21:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh I'm pretty happy with it. A lot of the prior armor was highly contested (such as HNM gear), now they invalidated it all in one go, it's been a long time coming, I wouldn't say they're all fulltime sets either, some are, most are macros. All in all good they killed old dried up content, new content is always good, and I'm sure there's more to come.
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-08 22:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

Look at all other games. Does the higher level Equip become crappier than the lower level equip? I didn't think so. As you level up you need gear to go along with you. Using the same stuff from 3-4 years ago just wont cut it.

I'm not looking at other games, I'm looking at this game.

This game had never released absolutely gear breaking updates before, why start now?

Take a standard MNK who's just worked really hard on a poise shoe build, this gear isn't a slight upgrade it ABSOLUTELY destroys it.

So within 4 months, most gear has become obsolete.

That isn't good.
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-08 22:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it's pointless me arguing the point, but that's my take on it anyway.
[+]
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-09-08 22:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

This game had never released absolutely gear breaking updates before, why start now?

Take a standard MNK who's just worked really hard on a poise shoe build, this gear isn't a slight upgrade it ABSOLUTELY destroys it.

That isn't good.

I'm sorry. I don't see where you're getting that they haven't done this before. There was always patches/upgrades to the game that made gear obselete. I remember back when wearing AF1 was good and cool. Now look at it. It's yesterday's garbage. This ***happens all the time. Nothing to QQ about.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-08 22:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

Armor that is and will be difficult to obtain should beat older armor. Armor like the first Cruor sets shouldn't beat older sets really because of how easy they are to obtain but they do. The fact is, we play this game for a reason. Do ***, get better gear and then rinse and repeat to get even better gear down the road. It's the repetitive cycle of MMORPGs. You might as well count on there being bigger and better gear that's just as hard or harder to obtain as what you have.

It's no different than life when you think about it. Compare your various television and cellphones of the past 10 years. Go out and buy a brand new one. Few months later, a bigger and better one comes along and blows the previous one out of the water (Unless you're Apple). Now you're pissed because you just spent a bunch of money on an inferior product. It happens. Just got to live with it.
By Flionheart 2010-09-08 22:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

That isn't good.

I'm sorry. I don't see where you're getting that they haven't done this before. There was always patches/upgrades to the game that made gear obselete. I remember back when wearing AF1 was good and cool. Now look at it. It's yesterday's garbage. This ***happens all the time. Nothing to QQ about.

I also remember when everyone hit 75, and instead of releasing game-breaking things with WOTG they simply released alternatives.

Slight upgrades I have no problem with, Gear that makes everything before it, even 4 months ago obsolete is bad.

What about when everyone hits 99 and they release AF4? AF3 has just become obsolete after loads of work.

Oh and I'm not QQing, I don't even play XI anymore lol.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-08 22:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Take a standard MNK who's just worked really hard on a poise shoe build, this gear isn't a slight upgrade it ABSOLUTELY destroys it. So within 4 months, most gear has become obsolete. That isn't good.

I wouldn't say that, it's like when Salvage was introduced, it dwarfed a huge majority of other gear aside from say, Homam and Ebody. But nobody still wearing a Genie weskit instead of Morrigan's would be called gimp. This is the same idea. I wouldn't call a MNK using Haidate/Poise setup gimp either, it just gives more content to work for, and more life into the game. An MMO that stops constant improvements and allows its players to hit an absolute cap of efficiency is an MMO that will die pretty fast.
By Flionheart 2010-09-08 22:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, I suppose I just had higher hopes of XI not becoming tacky.
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-08 22:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Flionheart said:
Flionheart said:

That isn't good.

Another way to look at it is they're actually compensating for the decline in the population. With gear like this, you can stand to do events in lower numbers. 1 DD in this gear could probably equate to 2 DDs in older, less quality gear.
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-09-08 22:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Meh, I suppose I just had higher hopes of XI not becoming tacky.

I'm not playing XI atm either flion.

I'm

By Flionheart 2010-09-08 22:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

fffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-08 22:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Have to agree with flion somewhat If I know all that I knew now 4 yrs ago I wouldnt of bought hardly anything I own and would of gotten spharai. Instead I pissed around getting ursine claws and mantis+12. I dont care like that much but it would of been fairer if they made weapons which beat relics too, whats the difference between spending 140m and 3 yrs on 1 piece compared to 140m and 3 yrs on lots of different pieces. Why should only the relics and mythics remain safe?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-09-08 22:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

i just saw all the pieces on bg, all salvage pieces/kings pieces are useless now after that huge slap on skadis and marduk's /
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-08 22:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

anybody know where i can buy the base armors? i think i heard somebody say somewhere they are 20-30k cruor each....
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-08 22:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Have to agree with flion somewhat If I know all that I knew now 4 yrs ago I wouldnt of bought hardly anything I own and would of gotten spharai. Instead I pissed around getting ursine claws and mantis+12. I dont care like that much but it would of been fairer if they made weapons which beat relics too, whats the difference between spending 140m and 3 yrs on 1 piece compared to 140m and 3 yrs on lots of different pieces. Why should only the relics and mythics remain safe?

That's not really a good comparison, 3 years and tons of gil/manpower to obtain one single piece of equipment is a larger investment than spending the same amount on thousands of other items. The people who did relics also spent the same amount on tons of other pieces over that timeframe. Really though, regular 75 relics do fall behind other newer weapons, to remain on top they once again require large amounts of time to be invested through trials.
[+]
 Alexander.Luwu
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Luwu 2010-09-08 22:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

is it true you need to have all 3 sets of armor in order to get that haste+6/ and other effcts to take place?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-08 22:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Sylph.Krsone said:

That's not really a good comparison, 3 years and tons of gil/manpower to obtain one single piece of equipment is a larger investment than spending the same amount on thousands of other items. The people who did relics also spent the same amount on tons of other pieces over that timeframe. Really though, regular 75 relics do fall behind other newer weapons, to remain on top they once again require large amounts of time to be invested through trials.

This.. couldn't agree more Dark
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-08 22:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Luwu said:
is it true you need to have all 3 sets of armor in order to get that haste+6/ and other effcts to take place?

No, only Set: bonuses require the full set, and that likely includes the body/hands which have yet to be released.
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-08 22:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Sylph.Krsone said:

Dude clearly has no *** idea HOW LONG it takes to do a relic trial... its sadistic
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-08 22:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe, maybe not with that set bonus....i dont think they'd give us pieces to a set and not have partial set bonuses at the very least (like iron ram when it came out....had partial set bonuses)
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-09-08 22:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Alexander.Luwu said:

No, only Set: bonuses require the full set, and that likely includes the body/hands which have yet to be released.

Not entirely true.

See:

Cobra Harness Set
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-08 22:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Dude clearly has no *** idea HOW LONG it takes to do a relic trial... its sadistic

Yeah lol, as painful as the initial upgrade. Do want Mithra apoc pics btw <3
Not entirely true. See: Cobra Harness Set

Yeah that's possible too. He said he was told the Haste etc from like head pieces only takes effect under full set though.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-08 22:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

there is no armor that lists haste under set effect i dont think

unless i'm missing one i didn't catch
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-08 22:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
This.. couldn't agree more Dark

*** its a pefect comparison. And I can guess how long a relic trials would take its not totally awful, I know how many mobs each trial is and compared to ursine + mantis+12dmg and doing str attk h2h too if you pissed around doing all 3 probably bout same length of time actually.
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-09-08 22:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:

Yeah lol, as painful as the initial upgrade. Do want Mithra apoc pics btw <3
Not entirely true. See: Cobra Harness Set

Yeah that's possible too. He said he was told the Haste etc from like head pieces only takes effect under full set though.

Yea, no haste on the head piece is given as long as you're wearing the head piece +1 or +2 (I'm wondering how hard as hell they are to get.)

They better make it like they did with counter from cobra harness set. Would make the gear's available to wear outside of full-time/full-set.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14