Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-08 23:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Yeah it wasnt really supposed to be a major QQ lol just a personal niggle is all and its what I truly feel :< w/e you can say wont change the fact I wish I did get a relic instead of all this other crap which has plummeted in last few months is all.
They are supposed to be implementing trials for other gear outside of relic, idk how that will work out, but i doubt SE will make it total crap, they want peoples efforts for gear like salvage stuff to still be worthwhile, as this lvl cap increase did totally throw everyone off balance.

Wasnt actually refferring to salvage tbh I was talking about bought gear at 75, dgloves+1 speed belt a torque btathlum cerb+1 hachi pants shura+1 all that crap. Has fallen in price alot obviously when compared to any price drops in relic currencies.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-08 23:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

at the end of the day, its your 12.95 play as you like relic, mythic, or regular choices...
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-08 23:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Have to agree with flion somewhat If I know all that I knew now 4 yrs ago I wouldnt of bought hardly anything I own and would of gotten spharai. Instead I pissed around getting ursine claws and mantis+12. I dont care like that much but it would of been fairer if they made weapons which beat relics too, whats the difference between spending 140m and 3 yrs on 1 piece compared to 140m and 3 yrs on lots of different pieces. Why should only the relics and mythics remain safe?
That's not really a good comparison, 3 years and tons of gil/manpower to obtain one single piece of equipment is a larger investment than spending the same amount on thousands of other items. The people who did relics also spent the same amount on tons of other pieces over that timeframe. Really though, regular 75 relics do fall behind other newer weapons, to remain on top they once again require large amounts of time to be invested through trials.
This.. couldn't agree more Dark
*** its a pefect comparison. And I can guess how long a relic trials would take its not totally awful, I know how many mobs each trial is and compared to ursine + mantis+12dmg and doing str attk h2h too if you pissed around doing all 3 probably bout same length of time actually.
Relics and Mythics remain safe for a reason. They're what SE regards as the ultimate weapons for the game. They want those specific items to be extremely hard to get and worthwhile when compared to other gear. E.body Homam and the like are nothing compared to a relic/mythic. You can obtain those items in a matter of days. Relics take months to years. As for the relic trials, from 75~80, they're much much worse than any of the other normal trials. 1500~2000 specific criteria must be met, most of which is kill shots.
Yes I know what the relic trials are tyvm and im not comparing just a single piece of homam or ebody to relic either if you even bothered to read.
Didn't insinuate that you did. And you may of read the trials but until you actually obtain a relic and complete the trials, you know nothing about how bad they really are.
W/e try argue with me all you want Im still standing by my OPINION and that is put more simply : as it stands as of now if you spent last 3 yrs ish like me farming bout 150m for gear instead of using it for a relic youve made a mistake. As its the only gear they are favouring, you havent done a relic either man so you cant speak from experience either.
I'm also not the one saying it's just as easy as the normal trials. And spending that money for gear isn't a mistake. It's just part of the game. You can get a relic and have shitty gear and be a laughing stock or you can get great gear and your best weapon barring relic/mythic and be respectable. You obviously chose the correct one. Believe you and me, I know that feeling. I leveled Goldsmithing to 96 and now it's next to useless without further effort in synergy. I've easily put in enough money to fund a relic of my own but I don't regret it. It's all apart of the game.

I know many was just venting a slight bit then it quoted and re quoted sounded like I cared alot more than I did I just cared about the point was all lol. I mean even you must be slightly annoyed I know u got ursine claws you probably only had them completed 3-4 weeks now and now like me u gotta do the str and attk ones. Anyways its np.
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-08 23:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Have to agree with flion somewhat If I know all that I knew now 4 yrs ago I wouldnt of bought hardly anything I own and would of gotten spharai. Instead I pissed around getting ursine claws and mantis+12. I dont care like that much but it would of been fairer if they made weapons which beat relics too, whats the difference between spending 140m and 3 yrs on 1 piece compared to 140m and 3 yrs on lots of different pieces. Why should only the relics and mythics remain safe?
That's not really a good comparison, 3 years and tons of gil/manpower to obtain one single piece of equipment is a larger investment than spending the same amount on thousands of other items. The people who did relics also spent the same amount on tons of other pieces over that timeframe. Really though, regular 75 relics do fall behind other newer weapons, to remain on top they once again require large amounts of time to be invested through trials.
This.. couldn't agree more Dark
*** its a pefect comparison. And I can guess how long a relic trials would take its not totally awful, I know how many mobs each trial is and compared to ursine + mantis+12dmg and doing str attk h2h too if you pissed around doing all 3 probably bout same length of time actually.
Relics and Mythics remain safe for a reason. They're what SE regards as the ultimate weapons for the game. They want those specific items to be extremely hard to get and worthwhile when compared to other gear. E.body Homam and the like are nothing compared to a relic/mythic. You can obtain those items in a matter of days. Relics take months to years. As for the relic trials, from 75~80, they're much much worse than any of the other normal trials. 1500~2000 specific criteria must be met, most of which is kill shots.
Yes I know what the relic trials are tyvm and im not comparing just a single piece of homam or ebody to relic either if you even bothered to read.
Didn't insinuate that you did. And you may of read the trials but until you actually obtain a relic and complete the trials, you know nothing about how bad they really are.
W/e try argue with me all you want Im still standing by my OPINION and that is put more simply : as it stands as of now if you spent last 3 yrs ish like me farming bout 150m for gear instead of using it for a relic youve made a mistake. As its the only gear they are favouring, you havent done a relic either man so you cant speak from experience either.
I'm also not the one saying it's just as easy as the normal trials. And spending that money for gear isn't a mistake. It's just part of the game. You can get a relic and have shitty gear and be a laughing stock or you can get great gear and your best weapon barring relic/mythic and be respectable. You obviously chose the correct one. Believe you and me, I know that feeling. I leveled Goldsmithing to 96 and now it's next to useless without further effort in synergy. I've easily put in enough money to fund a relic of my own but I don't regret it. It's all apart of the game.

I know many was just venting a slight bit then it quoted and re quoted sounded like I cared alot more than I did I just cared about the point was all lol. I mean even you must be slightly annoyed I know u got ursine claws you probably only had them completed 3-4 weeks now and now like me u gotta do the str and attk ones. Anyways its np.

>.> <.< I'm sticking with Ursine claws. Have you seen the MNK AF3? It's built for Footwork build. It's insane at how godly it is. I would think the other H2H options for MNK are obsolete except for the level 85 version of Spharai.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-08 23:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Phoenix.Degs said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Yeah it wasnt really supposed to be a major QQ lol just a personal niggle is all and its what I truly feel :< w/e you can say wont change the fact I wish I did get a relic instead of all this other crap which has plummeted in last few months is all.
They are supposed to be implementing trials for other gear outside of relic, idk how that will work out, but i doubt SE will make it total crap, they want peoples efforts for gear like salvage stuff to still be worthwhile, as this lvl cap increase did totally throw everyone off balance.

Wasnt actually refferring to salvage tbh I was talking about bought gear at 75, dgloves+1 speed belt a torque btathlum cerb+1 hachi pants shura+1 all that crap. Has fallen in price alot obviously when compared to any price drops in relic currencies.
hell I know what you mean... I still had a pair of Hades sainti that i was holding in my satchel, while I was on break... and when i came back and started to do magian trials,i wanted to sell them back... well needless to say they dropped from 800k to less than a 100k ... its a buncha crap if you ask me, however if they can get some new players into the game here, I have a feeling that the economy will stabilize. Even with 14 coming out soon, I really have a feeling alot of players will come back to 11
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-08 23:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Oops meant man* instead of many.
 Cerberus.Yachiruu
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Yachiruu 2010-09-08 23:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

where do we pick up the af3 for sam?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-08 23:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I get what you mean with like, forking out 10m for a Cerb+1 to have it turn to garbage in one update. But I wouldn't say that's equivalent to having a relic outdated in one update >_> Most relic owners have that stuff too.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-08 23:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

And I was told by Tigerwoods ; depends quite how the af3 works for monk and depending how hard it is to get af3 aside he says the taipan fangs >> ursine now. But I they remain strong with af Ill go finish my 50ish apkallu I guess for my claws anyway not much left weather they remain useful or not.
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-08 23:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
And I was told by Tigerwoods ; depends quite how the af3 works for monk and depending how hard it is to get af3 aside he says the taipan fangs >> ursine now. But I they remain strong with af Ill go finish my 50ish apkallu I guess for my claws anyway not much left weather they remain useful or not.

Yeah it's going to come down to how the Augment footwork works and how much damage the shoes add to kick attacks. I'd assume it would be more than Poise but don't know until they're tested.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-08 23:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Yeah it's going to come down to how the Augment footwork works and how much damage the shoes add to kick attacks. I'd assume it would be more than Poise but don't know until they're tested.

The way I read the feet piece actually is it may work like other af does for focus and dodge you equip b4 the ja then put poise shoes back in place. And it may say add some dmg to poise if you do that much like you get more acc if you equip af head b4 focus and more evasion if u equip feet b4 dodge.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-08 23:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

gimp relics will get outparsed easily by a well geared normal player
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-08 23:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If the increases Kick attacks attack is equivalent to the D rating on Poise shoes then the full set trumps it pretty bad. The hands and body in the future would likely have more kick+ stats too.
 Cerberus.Yachiruu
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Yachiruu 2010-09-08 23:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

@Mabrook, ty. i found this info going to investigate further: Mictlantecuhtli Samurai Feet 81 Unkai Sune-Ate Samurai Legs 83 Unkai Haidate Abyssea - Vunkerl Bastion Prefect Samurai Head 85 Unkai Kabuto Abyssea - Vunkerl Cruor... - Attohwa Bastion Prefect Red Mage Head 85 Estoqueur's Chappel Abyssea - Attohwa Cruor Prospector Samurai Neck 80 Unkai Nodowa Abyssea - Tahrongi...
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-09 00:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Yachiruu said:
@Mabrook, ty. i found this info going to investigate further: Mictlantecuhtli Samurai Feet 81 Unkai Sune-Ate Samurai Legs 83 Unkai Haidate Abyssea - Vunkerl Bastion Prefect Samurai Head 85 Unkai Kabuto Abyssea - Vunkerl Cruor... - Attohwa Bastion Prefect Red Mage Head 85 Estoqueur's Chappel Abyssea - Attohwa Cruor Prospector Samurai Neck 80 Unkai Nodowa Abyssea - Tahrongi...
if you type in empyrean armor into wiki search.. it pulls up the list for all jobs.. noticed that some spots are still empty or that the person/mob is listed but no info on particulars
 Siren.Monet
Server: Siren
user: leiht
By Siren.Monet 2010-09-09 00:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are some .dats

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/98420-Final-Magian-Empyreon-Armor.?p=4096231&viewfull=1#post4096231
 Sylph.Vestal
user: miperich
By Sylph.Vestal 2010-09-09 00:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Isnt that upsetting to anybody without a relic?

Also, idk what there is left to parse, im pretty sure i spend more time not fighting now so some asshat in a blue barons set can nuke something or else i run out of time to xp in a zone designed for crappy dd's and smn burned blms.
Im just saying, whats going on right now in ffxi is kinda like if they didnt photoshop playboy.
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-09 00:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Vestal said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Isnt that upsetting to anybody without a relic?

Also, idk what there is left to parse, im pretty sure i spend more time not fighting now so some asshat in a blue barons set can nuke something or else i run out of time to xp in a zone designed for crappy dd's and smn burned blms.
Im just saying, whats going on right now in ffxi is kinda like if they didnt photoshop playboy.

It's not upsetting really. Just because someone took the time to earn a relic (honestly) doesn't mean they have to know how to use it. Whether they use it properly or not is solely up to them but it still stands as a testament that they accomplished something others can't or won't do.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-09 00:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly relics give small enhancements to performance, they're just the most time consuming costly small enhancements you'll ever make. Would blow hardcore if they got replaced, though I am interested in how empyrean weapons will compare.
 Sylph.Vestal
By Sylph.Vestal 2010-09-09 00:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk. Anything i attempt to say about the way ffxi is heading will seem like QQing.
Its just very very different.
Grats to thoes who never had good gear though. You have won another update lottery.
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-09 00:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Vestal said:
Idk. Anything i attempt to say about the way ffxi is heading will seem like QQing.
Grats to thoes who never had good gear though. You have won another update lottery.

Well it's not like it's getting handed to them. They still have to work their *** off for the gear. I see your point though. Ungodly awesome gear available to all in a relatively easy way. We're going to start to lose some differentiation between players which isn't a bad thing but some people like having that feeling of superiority because they have the absolute best gear.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Vestal
By Sylph.Vestal 2010-09-09 01:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Sylph.Vestal said:

Well it's not like it's getting handed to them. They still have to work their *** off for the gear. I see your point though. Ungodly awesome gear available to all in a relatively easy way. We're going to start to lose some differentiation between players which isn't a bad thing but some people like having that feeling of superiority because they have the absolute best gear.
Oh its most deffinately not being handed to them/us for thoes of us who still play and plan on getting the new gear.
Its just obtained very differently than past ffxi methods.
First, you sit at a dragon and watch a robot claim a mob and then cyber with a ls leader to get your new green refresh peice.
Now you go to a zone with a lvl 45 job, open some
Chests, and bam! Lvl 80 and enough cruror for a full new set of gear.
Idk. Too confused to argue or try to make a point. I would rather make pasta atm.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-09-09 01:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind new gear destroying previous gear...but my beef is if you destroy salvage gear you just pissed on anyone working on aquiring a level 75 mythic weapon. No people doing salvage b/c the gear is "lol" means having to farm all your alex... so 5 years later...
 Bismarck.Rellz
Server: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-09 01:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

only looks like the headpieces are available atm anyway. the base items are absolute crap. upgrade through magian i think
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-09-09 01:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

No you need seals which drop off nm's for af+1 and shards...which has yet to be determined. Thats the "trials."
By Numarion 2010-09-09 04:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have pics of PLD? I know the stats, I just wanna see pics.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 04:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rellz said:
only looks like the headpieces are available atm anyway. the base items are absolute crap. upgrade through magian i think

feet are from gold chests in new abyssea zones (saw that somewhere on this site that said pld feet were dropping in chasm) and pants are obtained from bastion NPC (new event in abyssea)
 Shiva.Xet
Server: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-09-09 05:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:

Can and will. Rangers with Yoichi/Anni are the easiest examples i have ever seen.

I seen Anni owners tp in full af2. At the time me and a old friend who were on rng destroyed them.

To be very honest until level 99 when the ***storm settles everything is very up in the air.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14