wtf
First Page 2 3
 Fairy.Nirrvana
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Nirrvana
By Fairy.Nirrvana 2009-01-25 00:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

twice in two days I was involved in a great party, for hours, blowin up exp only to have someone drop it without warning and join another party leaving the other 5 of us hanging.

WTF? Is this a new thing? I'm so sick to death of these people....

No freakin class....
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-01-25 01:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

:-( that sucks.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-01-25 01:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, its a new thing. Level Sync. People can now party with friends and linkshells a lot easier.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-25 02:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bummer. Me and a couple other LS members used to form full parties, but cause of pick up people being flaky over the last couple month, we pretty much do campaign battles and ops to exp anymore. Not as much exp/hr. to be sure, but it's pretty much risk free and getting back and forth is hella easier.
 Ragnarok.Holyman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2009-01-25 03:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Do the same thing! .. problem solved lol
 Fairy.Winterlight
By Fairy.Winterlight 2009-01-25 04:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

IMHO RMT are getting far more sophisticated in creating their chars and they front as normal players all the time.
 Garuda.Kaden
Server: Garuda
user: Kadengt
By Garuda.Kaden 2009-01-25 05:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Winterlight said:
IMHO RMT are getting far more sophisticated in creating their chars and they front as normal players all the time.

J/w, but what does this have to do with RMT's?
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-01-25 07:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaden said:
Winterlight said:

J/w, but what does this have to do with RMT's?

I'm guessing the mysterious and classlessness of the situation makes people scream RMT. It's like The Crucible all over.
*begins pointing fingers all around!*
[+]
 Valefor.Ghuda
Server: Valefor
user: Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-01-25 08:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I am now invoking a new Law, it shall be called "Ghuda's Law" and it goes a little something like this.

"As a discussion grows longer, the probability of a baseless accusation and/or made up unfeasable scenario involving RMT or Hacks approaches one."

It was a little earlier than most but still fits into my Law

Blatantly stolen from Godwin's Law
 Fairy.Poostaru
user: poostaru
By Fairy.Poostaru 2009-01-25 10:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghuda said:
I am now invoking a new Law, it shall be called "Ghuda's Law" and it goes a little something like this.

"As a discussion grows longer, the probability of a baseless accusation and/or made up unfeasable scenario involving RMT or Hacks approaches one."

Genius ^.^
 Fairy.Poostaru
user: poostaru
By Fairy.Poostaru 2009-01-25 22:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just in a prty in Gar Cid and the PLD tank was useing a 2h sword.....he refused to take the parties advice about useing sword and sheild,we did two fight were the WHM and RDM almost died along with me the blm. After a ton of swearing and being ignorant he left and we had to disband.
 Valefor.Xenogelion
By Valefor.Xenogelion 2009-01-25 23:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

PLDs these days...
 Unicorn.Tavlov
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-01-25 23:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghuda said:

lol u gonna post this everywhere?
 Valefor.Ghuda
user: Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-01-26 02:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

just two places
 Fairy.Nirrvana
By Fairy.Nirrvana 2009-01-26 12:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

These people were not RMT. And yeah, I'm sick of hearing that cry over and over again.

These were just ignorant idiots. The first one was a WHM who argued with me that I didn't need to worry about my mp and healing (I'm a pld) because she would take care of it and argued with the drg to /nin and "first voke" however he was supposed to do that. She dropped the party (leader) and put up her flag in WG. The second was a MNK who, when the tank (me) and the RDM died in the party saw an opportunity to drop us and join the party that was camping on top of us because that party (full of mages) refused to raise us since they wanted our camp.

Losers, every last one of them.
 Fairy.Nirrvana
By Fairy.Nirrvana 2009-01-26 13:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Tavlov said:
Yea, its a new thing. Level Sync. People can now party with friends and linkshells a lot easier.

So you say, "I gotta go, meeting up with friends." and you go....you don't drop a party and leave them hanging without any word.

Just because you're behind a computer screen and not face to face doesn't mean it's ok to be an ignorant prig.
[+]
 Bahamut.Danagon
Server: Bahamut
user: Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2009-01-26 13:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

nowadays people just up and leave or fake d/c (._.) when people with internet like mine really d/c then back online in like what 2 mins? to see the pt you was in rep you -_-;

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-26 13:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it's gotten rough. People used to just fake D/C (I always used to love it when they'd be back online in 15 minutes, see that we were still there, run away like we didn't notice, and ignore our /tells), now they don't even pretend anymore, they just dip out. People can at least grow up and give some kind of notice for God's sake. Even if it's a 5 minute warning it's still better then nothing.

That's the risk you take picking up random people anymore. It sucks...best bet is to try and form a static of people you know are dependable with the main positions covered and just fill in the DD's around that. At least that way, when someone dips on you, you can 5-man ***until you find a 6th. Since level sync, that's what we've done (although we've pretty much given up completely on standard parties lately and do more campaign ***, tbh).

At any rate, better luck next time :)
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-01-26 14:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Nirrvana said:
These people were not RMT. And yeah, I'm sick of hearing that cry over and over again. These were just ignorant idiots. The first one was a WHM who argued with me that I didn't need to worry about my mp and healing (I'm a pld) because she would take care of it and argued with the drg to /nin and "first voke" however he was supposed to do that. She dropped the party (leader) and put up her flag in WG. The second was a MNK who, when the tank (me) and the RDM died in the party saw an opportunity to drop us and join the party that was camping on top of us because that party (full of mages) refused to raise us since they wanted our camp. Losers, every last one of them.

Am I being wooshed here? Since when do whm get pt's in AU areas? Same thing for the second part, more than one mage in AU pt = fail. I would have HP'd come back and took the camp back since a pt "full of mages" would kill very slowly. Unless of course this is all set in conquest zones, but who camps on top of people in those zones anymore.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-26 14:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Unless of course this is all set in conquest zones, but who camps on top of people in those zones anymore.

You'd be surprised...was in the basement of GC the other day, camp was clear at the bottom of the stairs and we grabbed it (no one else down there at all), within 20 minutes 2 other parties show up and camp on either side of us against the wall, then a 60 something BST showed up and started soloing, and that was it.

Courtesy is definitely starting to slip lately on ALL fronts. It sucks...
 Pandemonium.Mogue
Server: Pandemonium
user: moguester
By Pandemonium.Mogue 2009-01-26 15:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, its been that way a long time!
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-26 15:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Mogue said:
Honestly, its been that way a long time!

Well, I was used to it at the lower levels and the higher ones, but I typically found people tended to be more courteous in the middle ranges. Not so much anymore...
 Fairy.Nirrvana
By Fairy.Nirrvana 2009-01-29 17:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just getting to the point where I find it rare to find people who

1. know how to play the game, their job and in a party regardless of whether or not the perfect set up is available

2. have one single drop of common curtesy.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-01-29 19:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think a lot of fault could be found in the pt leader too. Who they pick; how they act, what they do or don't do, what they put up with, etc. For a pt to be good, in my opinion, it has to start with a good leader. He has to have the answer's and know whats going on; where, why, how and when. I think it reflects down through the pt when the leader isn't that reliable. Not to get too detailed on that, but there's a lot of "newer" players that don't know a whole lot that are making pt's now.

Aside from that, having pt's camp on top of you has nothing to do with the pt itself. Not much you can do about another pt camping on top of you either. It does go back to my first point however, with that leader. After a while even pt members just don't say anything,( it happens so much now, im not gonna say anything, get involved) and it just grows.

EDIT: added sentence
 Fairy.Nirrvana
By Fairy.Nirrvana 2009-01-30 10:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This had nothing to do with the leader. Everyone knew their job and were doing it just fine. They caught a link though and during the fight..shockingly...the Pld (me) and the rdm (again shocking) died. Pretty standard fair when something (like a link) goes wrong.

And I don't care if a party camps on top of me at all. I've been around a long time and there was, believe it or not, a time where there was NEVER an entirely open camp (back before the expansions).

But as a level 75 White Mage I find it WHOLLY offensive when a party with not one but 3 different people who could have raised us chooses not to because they wanted the camp we were at(And on top of that they also RECRUITED one of our party members).

In fact, I can't count the number of times I've totally gone out of my way to raise a total stranger!! Now, I fully admit I'm way too nice MOST of the time but it would be nice if people just met me HALF way. COMMON CURTSEY shouldn't been completely absent from the world of FFXI.

Edit -reduced the rambling
 Fairy.Raikan
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-01-30 10:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Nirrvana said:
COMMON CURTSEY shouldn't been completely absent from the world of FFXI.

It isn't. I'm sorry you feel that way about our server, but are you sure it isn't just a string of bad luck? What has been described in this thread I have not found to be the norm, in my experience.
[+]
 Fairy.Nirrvana
By Fairy.Nirrvana 2009-01-30 12:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing the game for 5+ years, I've been on three servers (started on Siran and took the Hades relocation, now here) and I've been here for several months now. In the last year or so I have met more ignorant, argumentative (and always unknowledgeable) players than not. I play almost daily and average quite a few parties in a day. I'm lucky if I get one good party that knows what they are doing and conducts themselves in a game courteous manner. In fact this has been such an issue in the last year that I actually felt the need to post a topic on it.....very rare for me.

So, if that's bad luck then it's a heck of a lot of it. I'm easy going, a healer by nature..I'm quiet and if anything I avoid trouble as often as possible, I'm helpful (too much so I'm beginning to think) but I find myself more outraged by just the basic behavior of people in this game. I keep telling myself it's kids...they're 11 year old little kids without a clue about how to behave but statically that can't be true either. And they AREN'T RMT either, it wasn't the party leaders fault. It was just rude, ignorant people.

I'm just saying...common courtesy goes a long way and I just DON'T see it in game at all.
 Fairy.Nirrvana
By Fairy.Nirrvana 2009-01-30 12:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

and ps...

if you've got a good group that ISN'T like this then PLEASE prove me wrong to my face. ^^
 Fairy.Raikan
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-01-30 12:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

http://ths.drwilco.net
First Page 2 3