wtf
 Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-03-05 13:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Wasn't there a fairly recent update awhile back that lowered the % of exp lost when accepting a raise 1? I'm pretty sure it's nowhere nearly as painful as it used to be.

Raise 1-
Restores 50% of lost Experience Points and 10% of Weakened HP upon revival.

e.g. If a character KOs and loses 2400 xp, they will regain 1200 xp upon being raised.
---------------------
Raise 2-
Restores 75% of lost Experience Points. If target player is level 50 or below, Raise II only restores 50% of the lost Experience Points (like Raise) but still raises with 25% HP.

e.g. If a character KOs and loses 2400 xp, they will regain 1800 xp upon being raised
-------------------
Raise 3-
Restores 90% of lost Experience Points and 50% of max (Weakened) HP. If target player is level 50 or below, Raise III only restores 50% of the lost Experience Points (like Raise) but still restores HP to 50% like Raise III.

e.g. If a character KOs and loses 2400 xp, they will regain 2160 xp upon being raised
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-05 13:55:39
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if I remember correctly but Raise 1 used to give back hardly any exp at all, as if it's only purpose was to only bring you back to life. Either way I almost always give my highest tier raise for everyone granted they're not *** >.>
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-03-05 13:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I give high tier raise's to friends only if i'm on whm, But if i'm on a job that can only R1 that's all their getting.
Plus, Kinda pointless to give someone a R2 or R3 if they are level 50 or under :x It doesn't affect them.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-05 14:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Surreal said:
I give high tier raise's to friends only if i'm on whm, But if i'm on a job that can only R1 that's all their getting.
Plus, Kinda pointless to give someone a R2 or R3 if they are level 50 or under :x It doesn't affect them.

BUT OMG TEH WEAKNESS ISN'T AS BAD!!!!!!! ^^

Since peeps can't Raise themselves, they need to be happy with whatever they're getting...just my opinion ^^
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-03-05 14:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Surreal said:

Since peeps can't Raise themselves, they need to be happy with whatever they're getting...just my opinion ^^

QFT :)
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-05 14:09:19

Don't get me started on people who ask for raise from level 1-20 in town outskirts and valkurm dunes. People don't seem to realize how counter-productive waiting, let alone receiving a raise is at those levels.

You lose at most a couple hundred exp by HPing and running back at full capacity as opposed to waiting for raise, getting back only like 50-150 exp and waiting 5 minutes until you can exp again with the increased risk of dying again from possible AOE. Anyone exping in dunes should set their HP in Selbina, regardless of how low risk of death your job is. Saves alot of time, exp and grief.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-03-05 14:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Don't get me started on people who ask for raise from level 1-20 in town outskirts and valkurm dunes. People don't seem to realize how counter-productive waiting, let alone receiving a raise is at those levels.

You lose at most a couple hundred exp by HPing and running back at full capacity as opposed to waiting for raise, getting back only like 50-150 exp and waiting 5 minutes until you can exp again with the increased risk of dying again from possible AOE. Anyone exping in dunes should set their HP in Selbina, regardless of how low risk of death your job is. Saves alot of time, exp and grief.

Yeah, I completely agree here. Especially since we have the Moogle's in selbina now there's no excuse to wait on Raise in Valkurm Dunes xD! Alot of people don't realize that if the party isn't already level 25 Raise won't even have the exp bonus effect for them. They just want to QQ about having Raise, Even when it makes no sense! ; ; ZOMG you lost a couple hundred exp (if even that) by not getting a raise XD {That's too bad!}
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-05 14:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Anyone exping in dunes should set their HP in Selbina, regardless of how low risk of death your job is. Saves alot of time, exp and grief.

Or at the very least, get the OP unlocked. I mean, Valkurm changes hands on Fairy like every damn week, takes 2 minutes to get to from Holla on foot, and the mobs are spread out enough that a level 1 could get there unharmed.

The Valkurm OP is like the most convenient OP in the game, it boggles the mind when people don't have it unlocked.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-03-05 14:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it's really not hard to get anymore lol.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-05 14:31:00

Bastok and Sandy win the Valkurm area back and forth...if you're from Windy, you're SoL. Windy NEVER gets in on Ifrit, lol.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-03-05 14:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Bastok and Sandy win the Valkurm area back and forth...if you're from Windy, you're SoL. Windy NEVER gets in on Ifrit, lol.

I haven't seen Windy win Valkurm Dunes in almost a year now on Caitsith :(
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-05 14:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:

That's bizarre...do Windurstians as a whole just skip the Dunes or something? Windy usually takes a lot of zones on Fairy, although lately I do have to admit my San d'Orian brothers and sisters have been out there doing good for us ^^
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-03-05 14:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they just forget signet alot XD!
 Asura.Skinwalker
Server: Asura
By Asura.Skinwalker 2009-03-05 15:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Haseyo said:

That's bizarre...do Windurstians as a whole just skip the Dunes or something? Windy usually takes a lot of zones on Fairy, although lately I do have to admit my San d'Orian brothers and sisters have been out there doing good for us ^^

On Asura, yeah. Everyone I know from Windy either soloed or duoed to 20 in Tahrongi and Buburimu (sp?). Windy actually took North Gustaberg last week so now I have every OP warp BUT Valkrum and East Ronfaure :(
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-03-05 15:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

o_o !
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-05 15:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Haseyo said:

No, but Windurstians (native ones, at least) realize that Buburimu Peninsula is a lot better than Valkurm Dunes for many reasons. Not the least of which is that it's closer to home, and to the place you'd likely level before there, Tahrongi Canyon.

On Odin, Kolshushu is almost always controlled by Windurst, just like Zulkheim is almost always controlled by either Bastok or San d'Oria.

Since the introduction of Fields of Valor, Buburimu is literally packed with people solo/duo/trio and occasionally full parties. Even with all of those people there, it's such a large zone with such a wide array of camps that you can still easily exp there and not be interrupted (except by the seemingly odd number of mnk/thf that like to kirr girrafalopes).

Anyway, a well designed duo can pull down 5-7k per hour from 15-23 in Buburimu.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-05 15:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Aramina said:
Since the introduction of Fields of Valor, Buburimu is literally packed with people solo/duo/trio and occasionally full parties.

I'll admit I don't hang out there much, usually just passing through omw to Bibiki Bay or Onzozo, but on Fairy Bubu is always a ghost town...although I could just not be seeing the "good" camps on my way through.

Honestly, the Dunes is getting to be that way, too. I remember when I first started there'd be so many freaking people crammed in there finding an open camp was next to impossible...most of the time now you can pretty much pick your camp and go to town.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-03-05 15:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I was in Buburimu alot on my BST <3 FoV :D
 Asura.Skinwalker
Server: Asura
By Asura.Skinwalker 2009-03-05 15:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Since FoV Bubu has been hoppin on Asura. The area around the OP always has solos/duos.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-05 16:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Outside of 2 parties I had while leveling war I haven't been to the dunes since leveling my first 3 jobs (blm, whm, sch). drg, thf, nin, war (for the most part) and rdm all got to 20 in buburimu, and blu got there by learning spells and a ls party in the dunes when a couple friends were leveling lowbie jobs. The number of players in buburimu varies, some days it's horribly overcrowded and other times it's like I'm the only player there. I just got tired of dunes, too much fail going around and half the time I can solo faster, especially since fov came out.
Going back to tpburn and skillchains, is tpburn really that much more efficient than having a few sc options? Seeing as blm is one of my main jobs, it's frustrating never getting to magic burst. I don't have a 50+ job yet so I don't know how it compares at higher levels, but I rarely see a party take the time to set up skillchains.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [83 days between previous and next post]
 Fairy.Pwrlessgirl
user: Pwrless
By Fairy.Pwrlessgirl 2009-05-27 12:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't give a crap about idiots that disband without warning, I don't give a crap if a NIN or PLD leaves; I more than welcome those who think they are invaluable to a party because they are tanks. I carry my pocket tarutaru with me most time to help on healing as PL, but without getting off on a tangent from the topic... I'd like to say being courteous wins. I make parties and get ppl like this all the time, I just ignore them and next time they are LFG i send them a reminder you are missing 8k/hr non-stop XP because ur lack of courtesy. I even try (Before I leave) to get everyone in party to their next level i.e. some1 is 400, 800 or even 2k tnl, I try my best to please them.
I treat a party like a cook-out, we have beer, soda, burgers, salad, music, etc... I'd like to make sure all my party members fill up their belly before I tell them to GTFO/I have other plans.
 Fairy.Pwrless
By Fairy.Pwrless 2009-05-27 12:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pocket tarutaru? WTF???
(Thanks for the offer but I have to craft)
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-27 12:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

*Agrees.* Had a rdm in a pt leave not too long after it got started and didn't bother even getting a rep. It's a good thing I was able to bring out my rdm alt until we could get a rep for him.
 Diabolos.Cassi
Server: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Cassi 2009-05-27 12:07:39

I always find it really rude. they could at least say why.....
 Fairy.Conchita
user: Conchita
By Fairy.Conchita 2009-05-27 12:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I just had a RDM in my PT yesterday who had to leave for some reason after they lvled, even when other people still had anni ring up. Who hasn't had one of those? Then back in whitegate you see him shouting for help to get coffer key and opening doors in Garlaige. Hell ya, I'll def. help you.
 Fairy.Pwrlessgirl
By Fairy.Pwrlessgirl 2009-05-29 12:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Conchita... I kinda wamma looking to join your LS NotEDII.
Please tell me more of the things your LS do or a website to sign up... I'm working on all jobs to 75 and crafts to 100 and 60. Eventually I wanna get into DIE-namis ***, assaults and stuff like that. Check my achievement points I can add a few more to top LS in this server.
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2009-05-29 13:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Surreal said:
Not really making a assumption, I'm saying it creates a breeding ground for laziness, And yes i do like having a PL but if your a PLD trying to get skillups..It kinda makes that a bit hard rite? lol

gewd way to learn how to take back hate:x I encourage plds and nins to try to pull hate off PLs unless you have a shitty PL they're not gonna run outta mp so there's really no fear of dying plus you can learn how to pull hate off of huge doses of dmg and curing before you have to experience real ws's in Aht Urgan
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2009-05-29 13:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Surreal said:

or learn to bring their own RR~
 Caitsith.Faythful
user: Faythful
By Caitsith.Faythful 2009-05-29 13:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Conchita I Love your avatar.... Its adorable.