Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!
 Fairy.Sandygirl
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Diedre
By Fairy.Sandygirl 2009-02-24 08:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

My husband and I took a year hiatus from the game to play World of Warcraft (just for something different). It is completely different now than how it used to be. Back when we first leveled through, it was a common occurrence to have two or three parties squeezed in one camp because there really wasn't anywhere else to safely camp, and we were cool with that. Now, when I'm in the dunes, and we run across Siren Sands to the ledge and see NO ONE, and we arrive at the ledge camp in I-9 to find NO ONE, why does a second group have to arrive 10 minutes later and camp right on top of us to lag us out?

We also returned this time with a few friends from World of Warcraft, and we moved servers from Seraph to Fairy to play with them. We usually have to only pick up one person. I'm not knocking everyone here, but we group every night for 4-5 hours, and invariably, if we pick up a 6th person we don't know, that group is pure hell all night.

We've had multiple people who don't seem to understand that if you are pulling with Dia/Poison, you don't have to stand in the monster's back pocket to cast it. This ends either with the puller dead or the white mage/healer with no mp by the time the mob gets to the camp because they had to fully heal the puller.

We've also had the ninja/warrior tank who refused to cast Utsusemi, then got angry at us and left because we couldn't keep her alive. She died at least every other battle because a whm, a rdm, a blm, and a dnc couldn't keep her healed.

It's not RMT. It's just inexperienced players who aren't willing to learn how to properly play their job. If you don't have shihei, you don't level ninja. If you are a thf and you don't have a ranged weapon, don't get mad at us when we don't let you pull mobs. Go buy a cheap bow and some cheap arrows...shoot, bring pebbles. Just come prepared to do your job.

/close rant
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-24 08:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandygirl said:
Go buy a cheap bow and some cheap arrows...shoot, bring pebbles. Just come prepared to do your job.

I say the same thing to every puller that doesn't have "money to burn on Crossbow/Bolts or Darts", get a boomerang.

Nothing will make you happier! If it's only for pulling, Lv.7 boomerang. 500g and NEVER get lost unless you /toss it!
 Fairy.Sandygirl
user: Diedre
By Fairy.Sandygirl 2009-02-24 10:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually crafted our whm gear last night because he was going to heal with nothing but a staff on. I was like "oh no, you are not." But he was the only white mage we could find at that time of the day.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-02-24 10:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

People in the dunes are almost guaranteed to be noobs. Most of the experienced players nowadays solo to 20 so you get stuck with LV10 WARs/nosub.
[+]
 Remora.Caligo
Server: Remora
user: Caligo
By Remora.Caligo 2009-02-24 10:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

At lvl41 the other day at Eastern Altepa Desert OP our DRK just logged off in the middle of EXPing.

Odd.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-02-24 10:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk why, but that made me laugh. Just the randomness of it xD
 Garuda.Darkfurycult
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Darkfurycult 2009-02-24 11:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i make around 90% of the partys i xp in and always try 2 pt with ppl i prtyd with b4 and no are good at thier jobs and party hard.
ppl who come 2 a party with bad gear+skill need help/advice. on the other hand ppl who fake dc need a lesson in manners.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-24 11:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Caligo said:
At lvl41 the other day at Eastern Altepa Desert OP our DRK just logged off in the middle of EXPing.

Odd.

fake dc fail :D
 Fairy.Noh
user: niktok
By Fairy.Noh 2009-02-25 11:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandygirl said:

We've had multiple people who don't seem to understand that if you are pulling with Dia/Poison, you don't have to stand in the monster's back pocket to cast it. This ends either with the puller dead or the white mage/healer with no mp by the time the mob gets to the camp because they had to fully heal the puller.

We've also had the ninja/warrior tank who refused to cast Utsusemi, then got angry at us and left because we couldn't keep her alive. She died at least every other battle because a whm, a rdm, a blm, and a dnc couldn't keep her healed.

It's not RMT. It's just inexperienced players who aren't willing to learn how to properly play their job. If you don't have shihei, you don't level ninja. If you are a thf and you don't have a ranged weapon, don't get mad at us when we don't let you pull mobs. Go buy a cheap bow and some cheap arrows...shoot, bring pebbles. Just come prepared to do your job.

/close rant

Unfortunately, this situation that you mention has a LOT to do with the "powerleveled" mentality. I've been noticing forever (more and more so recently) that people don't want to party without a power leveler, so they get spoiled by it. I get invites a bunch, come out and party with us "WE HAVE A POWER LEVELER!"

These people never learn how to play their classes without someone casting cure II on them in a party at level 10, and they invariably will be the downfall of every party they get in. They never learned all the ins and outs of their job in a natural (ie no power leveler) environment, and also don't learn proper hate management.

I've seen it too often, and unfortunately if/when these people do make it to 75, they are just HORRID players. Anyways, when reading your response I thought I'd share my opinion. There are a lot of great people on Fairy, they just feel safer partying with people that they know, so you'll never ever get into a random group with them. :)
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-02-25 11:56:47
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I was actually removed once as Whm (Crawlers' Nest) because in the middle of the party, the leader got a PL.

-Had no downtime.
-I seldomly got hate (had SS and Blink up anyway).
-Exp was very nice.

"I got a PL so we don't need you any more."

Like, wtf? ._.'
 Bahamut.Memimi
Server: Bahamut
user: Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2009-02-25 14:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
I was actually removed once as Whm (Crawlers' Nest) because in the middle of the party, the leader got a PL.

-Had no downtime.
-Exp was very nice.

Like, wtf? ._.'

That happened to me a lot. :/ Part of why I stopped leveling it after I got to 40. Too many parties did stuff like that, plus I'm coming up on the levels where people only want RDMs. :/

Ya... PLs bug me. PLD is the newest job I'm working on and I'll build my parties with my RDM friend, grab a WHM cause we are low, and then fill in DDs only to have someone bring their dual-boxed PL or their friend to PL us and then yell "DON'T PROVOKE WHEN THE PL GETS HATE!" and I'm like... "What the hell. I'm leveling PALADIN. I /want/ to get hit. If I didn't I would level something else. You aren't gonna stop me from doing my job." So they will drop higher cures on me to try and get hate... so I take it as a challenge and put up Sentinel and toss cures everywhere. XD
[+]
 Fairy.Armandan
user: Armandan2
By Fairy.Armandan 2009-03-04 04:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Memimi said:
Haseyo said:

-Had no downtime.
-Exp was very nice.

Like, wtf? ._.'

That happened to me a lot. :/ Part of why I stopped leveling it after I got to 40. Too many parties did stuff like that, plus I'm coming up on the levels where people only want RDMs. :/

Ya... PLs bug me. PLD is the newest job I'm working on and I'll build my parties with my RDM friend, grab a WHM cause we are low, and then fill in DDs only to have someone bring their dual-boxed PL or their friend to PL us and then yell "DON'T PROVOKE WHEN THE PL GETS HATE!" and I'm like... "What the hell. I'm leveling PALADIN. I /want/ to get hit. If I didn't I would level something else. You aren't gonna stop me from doing my job." So they will drop higher cures on me to try and get hate... so I take it as a challenge and put up Sentinel and toss cures everywhere. XD

That's awesome! Power leveling and level sync have destroyed some people from actually learning how to play this game with some skill unfortunately.
 Garuda.Crayne
Server: Garuda
user: Crayne
By Garuda.Crayne 2009-03-04 06:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Skilled playing died with Skillchain + Magic Bursting like...3 years ago. TP burns started the mindlessness, Level Sync + PLs are just compounding it.

Sorry, I just like the idea of actually working together on stuff...like SCs...and MBs. Also I'm a BLM, I RARELY get to MB anything. I'm so rusty at it I'd probably MISS AM2 MBs half the time...

/rant.

What's up with PLDs who hate THFs, anyways? Oh wait, we already went there on these forums once...

Hmm...

Actually, what's up with THFs who fight in the most random crap ever, and offhand a sword in xp parties? Had one just last week TP'ing in the Lv. 50 JSE Ring and a lot of crap that made no sense (and offhanding Ifrit's Blade...WTF?). Makes me sad when I know I'm destroying them in a parse, and I thought I was a lolTHF...>.>
 Remora.Novam
Server: Remora
user: Novam
By Remora.Novam 2009-03-04 07:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiousity anyone else notice that when 1 person has to leave a pt just falls apart?
 Fairy.Nirrvana
user: Nirrvana
By Fairy.Nirrvana 2009-03-04 07:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to take a break again. I just got totally frustrated with the game in general....

There was a time where I had more good parties than bad. It just doesn't happen anymore. Very few people know how to play their job (and I'm not talking about perfect players...just people who know how to play their job) and I'm tired of both being asked to PL and getting PL. It's one thing when people just need a quick boost it's another when you've got a lvl 50+ player who just can't party properly.

Another thing...if you've only got an hour until you have to leave PUT YOUR DAMN FLAG DOWN. No one wants you in their party, regardless of how much your job is in demand. No one parties for an hour..it takes that long to get 6 people together and ready to party. You're just wasting everyone's time.

For anyone on fairy who's interested I'm starting a shell. It will GROW slowly but it will be arsehole free and hopefully mostly adults. It's been well over a year since I had fun in game but I'm determinded to do it again.
 Fairy.Nirrvana
By Fairy.Nirrvana 2009-03-04 07:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

And about the pld "don't voke off the pl" thing. I'm also leveling PLD and it's IMPOSSIBLE to learn the job if i don't voke...not to mention that I NEED TO GET HIT TO DO MY JOB.

I've PL for Y E A R S. And let me tell you this...people don't do it right anymore. First off, the PL shouldn't be standing next to the mages. Stand AWAY so a tank can tell if the mob is going after you or someone else. And don't heal the tank unless they need it THEY NEED TO CURE THEMSELVEs to get the hate (that goes for ANY healer people...a PLD needs room to heal themselves so give it to them..it saves your mp in the long run too)

As a pl I do NOT take anything away from the party (except for a whm, they of course will be curing less if I'm there). A PL should NOT be a main healer. They are there to keep people alive...there is a BIG DIFFERENCE.

In the end it's all about patience. if you don't have any find another game to play. My GOD, this isn't the game for you.....
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-03-04 08:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Too true. I really hate PL parties on PLD. Because I'm just greedy and want shield skillups so I can help keep parties alive...

On a side note, I think WSs should just be nerfed. They're too powerful as it is, and buffing SCs/MBs would encourage people to hopefully try that instead.
 Fairy.Nirrvana
By Fairy.Nirrvana 2009-03-05 06:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I've been playing PLD I have not found a single party that does skill chains let alone MBs. I do them on my own by just figuring out which one of mine to use in relation to their WS. And then I SC to the best of my ability.

I honestly can't believe how much the game has changed over the last 5.5 years. I truly hope it gets back to what it was because this infulx of kids under the age of 10 and people who only care about leveling fast for end game stuff (and then getting there without knowing how to actually play their job) is ruining it....at least for me.
 Siren.Delirium
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-03-05 10:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Nirrvana said:
Since I've been playing PLD I have not found a single party that does skill chains let alone MBs. I do them on my own by just figuring out which one of mine to use in relation to their WS. And then I SC to the best of my ability.

I honestly can't believe how much the game has changed over the last 5.5 years. I truly hope it gets back to what it was because this infulx of kids under the age of 10 and people who only care about leveling fast for end game stuff (and then getting there without knowing how to actually play their job) is ruining it....at least for me.

that sucks dude! in not merit pts ive gotten into the habit of telling certain people in the party to do certain WSs when i'm ready to close. my LS members are a bit more keen on using SCs to maximize damage.

item number 2: i so thought this was my server's wtf thread :P
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-05 12:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Nirrvana said:
I have not found a single party that does skill chains let alone MBs.

Yeah, same here...I wonder what the hell happened that everybody said "eff it" when it comes to that? When I first started playing (about 3 years ago) it was the standard for the first few minutes of any party to come up with a good SC+MB strategy (and this was in the dunes, the greatest gathering of nubcakes in Vana'diel ^^); nowadays if someone SCs it's purely by accident, and I haven't seen a MB, outside of leveling my NPC fellow (MBing with silence on a melee mob, nice job Fhig! >.<) in forever...

Bring it up in a party anymore and 75% of the time the response is either "lol wut?" or complete silence. C'mon people! D:<
 Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-03-05 13:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Nirrvana said:
And about the pld "don't voke off the pl" thing. I'm also leveling PLD and it's IMPOSSIBLE to learn the job if i don't voke...not to mention that I NEED TO GET HIT TO DO MY JOB.

I've PL for Y E A R S. And let me tell you this...people don't do it right anymore. First off, the PL shouldn't be standing next to the mages. Stand AWAY so a tank can tell if the mob is going after you or someone else. And don't heal the tank unless they need it THEY NEED TO CURE THEMSELVEs to get the hate (that goes for ANY healer people...a PLD needs room to heal themselves so give it to them..it saves your mp in the long run too)

As a pl I do NOT take anything away from the party (except for a whm, they of course will be curing less if I'm there). A PL should NOT be a main healer. They are there to keep people alive...there is a BIG DIFFERENCE.

In the end it's all about patience. if you don't have any find another game to play. My GOD, this isn't the game for you.....

I agree here, It's virtually impossible for a PLD to get shield skill ups (If they badly need them and it isnt capped for that level) if a PL is spamming high level cures. Thus making the PLD pretty gimp later on :/ which means he/she will have to go about other means to skill up shield.

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Nirrvana said:
I have not found a single party that does skill chains let alone MBs.

Yeah, same here...I wonder what the hell happened that everybody said "eff it" when it comes to that? When I first started playing (about 3 years ago) it was the standard for the first few minutes of any party to come up with a good SC+MB strategy (and this was in the dunes, the greatest gathering of nubcakes in Vana'diel ^^); nowadays if someone SCs it's purely by accident, and I haven't seen a MB, outside of leveling my NPC fellow (MBing with silence on a melee job, nice job Fhig! >.<) in forever...

Bring it up in a party anymore and 75% of the time the response is either "lol wut?" or complete silence. C'mon people! D:<

I'm currently leveling BLM to 75, Atm its just level 36 but even at this level its impossible to MB because no one wants to set up SC's >< If they do happen to make one its purely by accident, If i DO manage to catch this quick enough i can MB off of it no problem..But that's even -IF- they do it again x.x lol
 Asura.Yotevol
Server: Asura
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-03-05 13:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:

-Had no downtime.
-Exp was very nice.

Like, wtf? ._.'

Worse and worse... in end-game (i.e. dynamis/hnms/sea/limbus/etc...), people beg, bribe and befriend for Raise III.
I like to tell them, "I leveled WHM to 75 so I wouldn't have to ask and RR3 myself. R1 to everyone that never invited me to level, R2 for my friends and R3 for fellow WHMs that RR wore on."

Haven't had to say that more than 2 times before people stopped their crying and accepted their R1.
That's when I R3ed them and they loved me for it.

When people learn to stop taking advantage of the time and effort it takes to level some of the harder jobs,
I will begin to listen to their complaints.

And maybe... toss them something more than a R1.

~Yote
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-03-05 13:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:

-Had no downtime.
-Exp was very nice.

Like, wtf? ._.'

Dotdotdot wow, That's pure laziness through and through. Just allow someone else outside of the party to keep your party alive..Not all PL's are good and some stand there and let them die, It's still good to have a healer IN the group so that when the PL DOES go afk they don't all die miserably!

I hate PLing in general, Because it teaches new players to be lazy and do w/e they want. A drk with a good PL can zerg whenever they want because they dont have to worry about dying, Now take that same player and put them in a PL-less group..Watch them zerg and die. I've seen it happen, It breeds a whole new bunch of idiots that refuse to do anything for themselves or use wiki to research their jobs.

When i level PLD to 75 i'm saying NO to PL's, I don't really care if my party doesn't like it..I'm the tank and i need my skillups!

/rantoff ^^/
 Asura.Reublucian
Server: Asura
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-05 13:23:23

I do agree that having a PL is somewhat of a spoil for some people, but I must admit, I usually like to xp( I don't mind not having one ) with a pl, and I just think it's arrogant for someone to say, No thanks you don't know how to play your job now that you have a pl. The other day I had made an all DD party with a PL obviously, some friends we've all been playing 3 years+ and this guy just rants off to me how much we all suck at our jobs and ***. Sigh it was just very arrogant. So you can't make the assumption having a pl makes you permanently a lazy player..=P

Edit: Yes we all know how to play our jobs properly even with a PL.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-03-05 13:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really making a assumption, I'm saying it creates a breeding ground for laziness, And yes i do like having a PL but if your a PLD trying to get skillups..It kinda makes that a bit hard rite? lol
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-05 13:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Surreal said:
I'm currently leveling BLM to 75, Atm its just level 36 but even at this level its impossible to MB because no one wants to set up SC's >< If they do happen to make one its purely by accident, If i DO manage to catch this quick enough i can MB off of it no problem..But that's even -IF- they do it again x.x lol

Oh, I don't blame BLMs, RDMs, or whatever, for lack of MBs (for the most part), I blame the DD's that are all like "OMG 100% TP WEAPONSKILLLLL NAO!!!!!!!1!!1 LOLOLOL". I mean, even if people don't know how to read a SC chart, you would think that once they did the first one they would at least coordinate enough to repeat it consistently, but I guess that's asking way too much these days.

Yotevol said:
people beg, bribe and befriend for Raise III.
I like to tell them, "I leveled WHM to 75 so I wouldn't have to ask and RR3 myself. R1 to everyone that never invited me to level, R2 for my friends and R3 for fellow WHMs that RR wore on."

QFT. Would someone rather not get raised at all, or wait for 20 minutes for someone they know to come out and R3 them? People need to be happy with their R1's...despite what people may have heard, being WHM doesn't obligate a person to R3ing (and teleporting, and recalling) complete strangers.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-03-05 13:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, by just accepting the R1 they could've already have been unweakened and fighting again instead of waiting 20 or so minutes for a R3 XD
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-05 13:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Surreal said:
Yeah, by just accepting the R1 they could've already have been unweakened and fighting again instead of waiting 20 or so minutes for a R3 XD

I've actually had people say "R1 {Thank you, but I'll have to pass}" to me when shouting for a raise, it used to irritate me quite a bit, especially when I was nice enough to stop what I was doing to go outta my way to help them, to get there, be /checked, and told that I wasn't good enough.

Now I just ignore them when they inevitably start /telling me 10 minutes later, begging me to come back and R1 them.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-05 13:45:36

Wasn't there a fairly recent update awhile back that lowered the % of exp lost when accepting a raise 1? I'm pretty sure it's nowhere nearly as painful as it used to be.