Abyssea - Best Party Setups?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea - Best Party Setups?
Abyssea - Best Party Setups?
 Leviathan.Yokhai
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-01 08:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinkydink said:
lol. yeh ive had an epic party on frogs where the blm pulled.. then slept then nuked then pulled etc.. was actually a very close 2nd to the brd.. only difference was he ran out of mp cos he missed evokers! lol

yeah i always wait for evokers and refresh, plus i run around in my black cloak.

I was surprised at the number of mages who don't idle in refresh gear/earth staff. It made me sad.

I had a blm who was only..ONLY getting killshots, not even sleeping, and he was resting half the time. I bitched him out in party chat, and he tried to get me kicked. Saying i was an elitist level 80/rdm who had the "luxury" of convert and that the rest of the mages had to rest for their MP. I asked him if he was using temps and he said "temps?" The party ldr just laughed and told him to stop being fail.
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-09-01 08:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Asura.Rinkydink said:
lol. yeh ive had an epic party on frogs where the blm pulled.. then slept then nuked then pulled etc.. was actually a very close 2nd to the brd.. only difference was he ran out of mp cos he missed evokers! lol

yeah i always wait for evokers and refresh, plus i run around in my black cloak.

I was surprised at the number of mages who don't idle in refresh gear/earth staff. It made me sad.

I had a blm who was only..ONLY getting killshots, not even sleeping, and he was resting half the time. I bitched him out in party chat, and he tried to get me kicked. Saying i was an elitist level 80/rdm who had the "luxury" of convert and that the rest of the mages had to rest for their MP. I asked him if he was using temps and he said "temps?" The party ldr just laughed and told him to stop being fail.

ONLY ON LEVIATHAN
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-01 08:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

eh. i was in a manaburn on Mount Z last year and i had to have Mr Rodgers style sit down talk with a blm and explain to him why and how he should macro in his refresh gear/earth staff/mp+ stuff when we were running around. "But it doesn't make THAT much of a difference" Right after that a pudding linked, and smacked him around for 250+ melee hits. I just lol'd and saved his candy ***.
 Leviathan.Belius
user: Belius
By Leviathan.Belius 2010-09-01 09:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bag quest XV please.

And for the love of anything holy, please give us 20 merit capacity instead of 10.
[+]
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
Server: Cerberus
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2010-09-01 09:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the best setup is to have one person put it all together, then like 5 other people argue the entire time on what you should be doing. :P
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-01 09:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Belius said:
Bag quest XV please.

And for the love of anything holy, please give us 20 merit capacity instead of 10.

? is this in a wrong thread?
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-09-01 09:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Leviathan.Belius said:
Bag quest XV please. And for the love of anything holy, please give us 20 merit capacity instead of 10.
Leviathan.Niniann said:
ONLY ON LEVIATHAN
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-01 09:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinkydink said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Leviathan.Belius said:
Bag quest XV please. And for the love of anything holy, please give us 20 merit capacity instead of 10.
Leviathan.Niniann said:
ONLY ON LEVIATHAN

THIS IS LEVIATHAN!!!!!!
 Leviathan.Belius
By Leviathan.Belius 2010-09-01 09:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, no. Was just adding to the whole -pdt thing about blms and carrying refresh items.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-01 09:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Belius said:
Oh, no. Was just adding to the whole -pdt thing about blms and carrying refresh items.

oh yeah, i only have 65 item slots and i am almost at max, but my idle gear is finished yet, need +movement legs and -dmg feet, then i should be gtg
By Tweeek 2010-09-01 12:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Siccmade said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Not really. Why would I take a 10k p/hr bird party when I could easily be getting double that with good DD?
I'm not sure how to answer that, do the majority of DD you party with suck?
Even if you double that, 20k/hour is still bad lmao.

I was thinking the exact same thing here..

also i'm still lmao @ checking the gear of every single person before you you invite them to your precious Abyssea PT.

Good Abyssea vs Bad Abyssea has nothing to do with gear. For me it's all about having a fair amount of DD and fair amount of Nukers for azure and a quick puller.

The most "important" part about the Good Abyssea vs the Bad Abyssea is having a leader who understands the lights and having alliance members who are capable of listening, comprehending and then carrying out said instructions.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Belius
By Leviathan.Belius 2010-09-01 12:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Leviathan.Belius said:

oh yeah, i only have 65 item slots and i am almost at max, but my idle gear is finished yet, need +movement legs and -dmg feet, then i should be gtg

; ; I'm a BST perfectionist and have like a gear swap for every damned macro. I have like 10 gear swaps for Reward. A whole set for Charm, a whole set for DD and a ACC set and STR set.

I think at most, with what invo I have left, I can do around.. -30%ish PDT idle gear. That'd leave me with 2 slots free in all of storage/MH/Lock/Stachel/Invo. x.x;

Cheviot/Patro/Jelly/Staff. In fact, I'm going to make an item set and see what I can do invo/% wise..
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-01 12:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Belius said:
; ; I'm a BST perfectionist
With NQ melody earrings? For shame, Sir. For shame!
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-09-01 13:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dissonant said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Anyone has a tough time on frogs though. BLM isn't going to make that situation any better. :/
I haven't done them on BLM yet, personally, so I couldn't say. I have a much better resist set on BLM, though. Don't frogs take like half damage from magic or something crappy?

I've had absolutely no problems sleeping frogs on BLM, and I didn't have any problems landing enfeebles (aside from the odd resist here and there that every mage experiences). Nukes are a different matter though. Frogs aren't overly resistant, but they seem to have some sort of MDT trait that reduces nuke damage by roughly 33% (and that's a very rough estimate based off loleyeballing tier4 nukes). It's not that big of a deal though. It just requires BLMs to pay closer attention to timing their killshots.

All in all though, I still love frogs. They basically just sit there doing nothing while the DDs beat the hell out of them, and speaking as a BLM, I love the fact that I can Aspir them.
 Phoenix.Seaxneat
Server: Phoenix
user: seaxneat
By Phoenix.Seaxneat 2010-09-01 13:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Tweeek said:
Sylph.Siccmade said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Not really. Why would I take a 10k p/hr bird party when I could easily be getting double that with good DD?
I'm not sure how to answer that, do the majority of DD you party with suck?
Even if you double that, 20k/hour is still bad lmao.

I was thinking the exact same thing here..

also i'm still lmao @ checking the gear of every single person before you you invite them to your precious Abyssea PT.

Good Abyssea vs Bad Abyssea has nothing to do with gear. For me it's all about having a fair amount of DD and fair amount of Nukers for azure and a quick puller.

The most "important" part about the Good Abyssea vs the Bad Abyssea is having a leader who understands the lights and having alliance members who are capable of listening, comprehending and then carrying out said instructions.

You could not have said it better!!!
With Abyssea, SE has achieved the ultimate goal: find an activity where EVERY job is useful, handy and can perform well.

Key to the success of Abyssea is the coordination between members and following the correct lights strategy.
 Leviathan.Belius
By Leviathan.Belius 2010-09-01 13:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Leviathan.Belius said:
; ; I'm a BST perfectionist
With NQ melody earrings? For shame, Sir. For shame!
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
NOBODY KNOWS OMG.
; ;
 Phoenix.Icephase
Server: Phoenix
user: Icephase
By Phoenix.Icephase 2010-09-01 13:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

TBH i think checking other people's gear before abyssea is abit OTT.

However i do agree Spicyryan's list of 18 people LMAO.

It's so true.... !!!!

And tweek also hit the nail on the head.

Teamwork and listening to someone who knows what they're doing../dd's good nukers/ and a great puller helps.

..and of course someone who can open those juicy boxes :)

ice xxx

Ifrit.Itazura
Server: Ifrit
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-09-01 17:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dissonant said:
Definitely sub whatever is best for DD for your job. I don't let people bring /nin unless they're a THF, myself. BRD, too, I guess. <,<

Hmmm. Measured using KParser, Aug. 6, 2010, SAM78-80 (/NIN) at Shadow Lizard camp:

Shadows Used: 433
Melee Dmg taken (per hit): 166.05
Duration: 281 min (4 hr 41 min)

So, pretending never getting hit critically, and pretending Shadow Lizard's TP moves only hitting as hard as regular melee attacks, we'd arrive at the low end estimate of:

Total Dmg (avoided): 71899.65
Dmg/min (avoided): 255.87

That's a decent amount of MP saved there, minute after minute. (The actual damage taken per minute was 110.12, so the 255.87 saving really made me much, much less of a burden on the healers.)

I was just one DD; would things die 10% faster if I wasn't /NIN? 5%? 3%?! Even if things die 10% faster, it won't translate to 10% less damage taken, since I'd be spending nearly same amount of time each minute in combat.

If I have to do it again, I'd pick /NIN again.