Abyssea - Best Party Setups?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea - Best Party Setups?
Abyssea - Best Party Setups?
 Leviathan.Dissonant
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-01 06:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Siccmade said:
Leviathan.Dissonant said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
For example... A Monk wearing aurore hands and legs I would accept without any care in the world even though he doesn't have B.Haidate or Black belt.

A Sam wearing Askar Zuchetto I wouldn't invite because it shows he has no idea how to gear.
That is a really good example, just thought I'd throw that out there.
Now i have to know, why exactly you wouldn't invite them?
Because getting as close to the haste cap as possible is one of the most important things you can do as a DD.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 06:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Siccmade said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
For example... A Monk wearing aurore hands and legs I would accept without any care in the world even though he doesn't have B.Haidate or Black belt.

A Sam wearing Askar Zuchetto I wouldn't invite because it shows he has no idea how to gear.
Because getting as close to the haste cap as possible is one of the most important things you can do as a DD.

And if they don't know about that, how much will they truly know about their job?
 Sylph.Siccmade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2010-09-01 06:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Sylph.Siccmade said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Because turban is better and easier to get, so using askar is a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE choice.
Agreed, that example is funny though. Were talking 1 less haste% as opposed to Byakko's which are easier to get then Askar head.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 06:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Siccmade said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Sylph.Siccmade said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Because turban is better and easier to get, so using askar is a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE choice.
Agreed, that example is funny though. Were talking 1 less haste% as opposed to Byakko's which are easier to get then Askar head.

Exactly. They are using a clearly inferior choice that is harder to get. It proves they know nothing about how to gear.

It's not about the haste, it's about skill of gearing.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-01 06:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Siccmade said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Sylph.Siccmade said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Byakko's haidate is easier to get than Askar head? :p
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2010-09-01 06:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Sylph.Siccmade said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Sylph.Siccmade said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Byakko's haidate is easier to get than Askar head? :p
For sure, I've gone 5/6 in one night w/ EDIT! 12 people. And byakko is easy lol.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-01 06:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Siccmade said:

For sure, I've gone 5/6 in one night w/ 9 people. And byakko is easy lol.

I'd say it's easier to shout for a nyzul 100 group than it is to solo-farm byakko popitems.
Diorite sucks ***.
Byakko itself is easy enough, but dont forget the popitems >_>

Edit: failquote
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2010-09-01 06:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Sylph.Siccmade said:

I'd say it's easier to shout for a nyzul 100 group than it is to solo-farm byakko popitems.
Diorite sucks ***.

yeah and i ninja'd while you were quoting, was 12 ppl for the 5/6 night. long time ago was long time.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-01 07:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Siccmade said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Sylph.Siccmade said:

Diorite sucks ***.

yeah and i ninja'd while you were quoting, was 12 ppl for the 5/6 night. long time ago was long time.

Can be done with 6 now, so same amount of people you "need" for nyzul:P
But I still think it's way easier to shout for a 100 run than it is to farm the stupid popset.
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2010-09-01 07:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I just realized idc lmao, if somebody wants to spend time farming a Askar head instead of Byakko's Haidate, right on!
Either way, I'm not going to check people before I invite them to exp,
if they really suck then they can get booted when I find a rep. Exp all the while, win.
 Leviathan.Belius
user: Belius
By Leviathan.Belius 2010-09-01 07:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Line up DD with the mobs weaknesses. ;p
Make the mages use the right magic spells. ;p

Otherwise, abyssea is very forgiving regarding set-ups. Just be smart about it.

Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-01 07:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Belius said:
Line up DD with the mobs weaknesses. ;p
Make the mages use the right magic spells. ;p

Otherwise, abyssea is very forgiving regarding set-ups. Just be smart about it.

Beli! :D
 Leviathan.Torvin
user: mordth
By Leviathan.Torvin 2010-09-01 08:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow... sounds great. How long does it take for you to get this "perfect" party setup put together during peak hours? Do you add that time into your exp/hour? The reality is, Abyssea mobs adjust to your kill speed so an alliance of 18 bards could pull 40k/hour once they had lights capped. Perhaps thats not enough for you but most people now just go in to cap merits. That takes all of about 3 hours even with a crappy alliance. Hell, I've been in a group that maintained 40k/hour with 12 people. I guess elitists will always be elitists though. Have fun lfp.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-09-01 08:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For frogs you really should have a COR since they're rather hard to hit and hunter's roll helps. Two BRDs one singing a Madrigal is a fair enough replacement. My favorite setup more or less is at least one BRD/WHM COR/DD DNC DD DD DD party, next party should be as close to this as possible, although I understand it's hard to get BRD COR DNC sometimes.

RDMs can solo Azure just fine, but having BLM for Sleepga really, really really helps, and it's really a must if you don't want to give yourself a headache. Back up cures/hastes from a misc. mage are nice too. DNC should cover *most* of the healing just fine though if they're hasted. Thing I hate about Abyssea is eventually people leave, and I can't afk (as DNC) or people die because we lack appropriate healing. ***sucks.
[+]
 Leviathan.Belius
By Leviathan.Belius 2010-09-01 08:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Dissi! :3 You're a forum poster too?
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-01 08:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
For frogs you really should have a COR since they're rather hard to hit and hunter's roll helps. Two BRDs one singing a Madrigal is a fair enough replacement. My favorite setup more or less is at least one BRD/WHM COR/DD DNC DD DD DD party, next party should be as close to this as possible, although I understand it's hard to get BRD COR DNC sometimes.

RDMs can solo Azure just fine, but having BLM for Sleepga really, really really helps, and it's really a must if you don't want to give yourself a headache. Back up cures/hastes from a misc. mage are nice too. DNC should cover *most* of the healing just fine though if they're hasted. Thing I hate about Abyssea is eventually people leave, and I can't afk (as DNC) or people die because we lack appropriate healing. ***sucks.
RDM has a tough time on frogs, though. I experienced this the other night (though I wasn't in all of my nuking gear). I was consistently doing like, 300 damage or something crappy like that with relic pants, af+1 hat, goliard cuffs, teal saio and dark arts, but most of my accessories were MP gear at the time ;-;
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-01 08:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Belius said:

Nope! :D
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-09-01 08:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:

RDM has a tough time on frogs, though. I experienced this the other night (though I wasn't in all of my nuking gear). I was consistently doing like, 300 damage or something crappy like that with relic pants, af+1 hat, goliard cuffs, teal saio and dark arts, but most of my accessories were MP gear at the time ;-;

Anyone has a tough time on frogs though. BLM isn't going to make that situation any better. :/
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-01 08:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

Anyone has a tough time on frogs though. BLM isn't going to make that situation any better. :/
Where have you been? >.> check pms :(
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-01 08:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
I haven't done them on BLM yet, personally, so I couldn't say. I have a much better resist set on BLM, though. Don't frogs take like half damage from magic or something crappy?
 Leviathan.Belius
By Leviathan.Belius 2010-09-01 08:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Building on what Nini said; always have some form of flexibility on jobs so people can take breaks. I personally try as much as possible to not over-work or rely on one 'support' for the entire cures. A BLM curing isn't the best use of MP but it will cover for when the WHM needs to afk for a screen break.

Frogs resist EVERYTHING. They're evasive and evil.
Leviathan.Belius said:

WHY DO YOU LIE TO ME D;
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-09-01 08:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
I haven't done them on BLM yet, personally, so I couldn't say. I have a much better resist set on BLM, though. Don't frogs take like half damage from magic or something crappy?

Something bad. I was on COR for my LS farming amber, and my leadens were some crappy number like 100-200 with appropriate gear. :s
 Ragnarok.Holyman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2010-09-01 08:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Best thing is to build 2 different lights at same time , have BLMs manaburn target , while melee build pearlescent light

Regarding Frogs , 2~3 BLMs are must for sleepga , but imo it's hard to manaburn those , just have BLUs for magic kills when you fight frogs.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-01 08:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Belius said:
Leviathan.Belius said:

WHY DO YOU LIE TO ME D;
I... I'm sorry. ;-;
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Something bad. I was on COR for my LS farming amber, and my leadens were some crappy number like 100-200 with appropriate gear. :s
Oh, thank god someone else had a hard time with Leaden Salute. I thought my COR just sucked balls. ; ;
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-09-01 08:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Naw my COR is pretty good with a decent MAB setup for Leaden Salute and I still sucked balls. Normally my damage is like 600~ give or take. :<
 Ragnarok.Yathatguy
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rathan
By Ragnarok.Yathatguy 2010-09-01 08:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

All you need is 2 DD's, SCH or BLM (key person), COR/whm or /sch (key person), BRD/nin (key person), and RDM/whm. That's it. One party.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-01 08:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL @ frogs comment. If there isnt a competent puller, i usually pull on BLM(2-4 at a time), sleep them all, get two killshots and go grab more. I've had some fail thf/rng/brd/cor pullers who don't understand we want 2-4 sitting at camp.
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-09-01 08:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

lol. yeh ive had an epic party on frogs where the blm pulled.. then slept then nuked then pulled etc.. was actually a very close 2nd to the brd.. only difference was he ran out of mp cos he missed evokers! lol
 Leviathan.Yokhai
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-01 08:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Holyman said:
Best thing is to build 2 different lights at same time , have BLMs manaburn target , while melee build pearlescent light

Regarding Frogs , 2~3 BLMs are must for sleepga , but imo it's hard to manaburn those , just have BLUs for magic kills when you fight frogs.

it is good to have a backup sleeper. But at this day and age, if you can't +30/35 enfeeb skill on a sleep macro, you are doing something wrong.