Scars Of Abyssea Preorder!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Scars of Abyssea Preorder!
Scars of Abyssea Preorder!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 14:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Screenshot of kills please?

Only known kill so far is Neosutra's group.

>Implying I screenshot killing easy NM's

edit: Or play anymore.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-08-24 14:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Flion, do you regret getting the first 3 add-ons then? If not I would peg you as a pretty big hypocrite. I mean, What do you get with those, a short story that can last 1-2 days, 1 reward, and a few possible nice items from continously repeating certain BCs.

What do you get from the first abyssea Add-on? 3 decently large (altough reskinned) areas, a magnificient EXP area, a HUMUNGOUS (sp?) amount of both easily obtainable (and above average) and not-so-easy to obtain gear (which made many of the 'best' gear before it look silly), a shitload of new NMs (Both easy and what seem like HNM difficulty), a New VNM set, many quests/missions inside all 3 abyssea areas, and Empyrean Weapons.

I don't know about you, but looking at the facts, the first abyssea add-on was MUCH MUCH more worth 10 dollars than any of the previous add-ons.

PS. nothing against you Flion :P, debating can be fun.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-08-24 15:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Difficulty is subjective. I find little in this game hard. I'd get A+ in everything Math related in high school, but I'm sure the people that struggled to get C's thought it was hard. I know to them it was hard, but to me it was easy. Same goes for this game.

The difference is, in math class I didn't have to rely on 17 other people who averaged C's and D's in math for parts of my tests/homework. If you have sub par players, that lack concentration, skill, or a brain, easy things can average out to be hard.

Post deleted by User.
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-08-24 15:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we get back on topic plz.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-08-24 15:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Can we get back on topic plz.

I hope Iron Giants aren't Iratham. I actually want to see one once in my life.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 15:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
But flion you sure seem to care a lot of the game to post on the FFXI section like this daily.

I'll go back on my words for glavoid, it has been killed more than I thought, very few LS's managed to kill it so far. Because it is in fact hard, if it was easy, anyone could kill it.

Also, I still don't believe you killed Glavoid Flion. Oh and I don't understand why people don't spam Glavoid, since regurgitated wing was sold for 60m.

Assumptions assumptions. You assume I still have my LSC URL set up.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-08-24 15:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ill buy it, but i only was just recently able to get vision.

i was kinda thinking of what someone else was saying, wait til it comes out in a bundle thats cheaper than the individual addons
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 15:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how often FFXI will have expansions after heroes of abyssea.

1 add-on a year you reckon?

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-08-24 15:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
And you assume FF14 will be harder and will require more skills while arguing the game is not even close to the retail product.

Back on topic again, I wonder what monsters type there will be except new / salvage monsters.

Soulflayers would be painful O.O

mini AVs that drop awesome key items >=D
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-24 15:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well they have the iron giants (which is not iratham, he's a new mob altogether)

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-08-24 16:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I wonder how often FFXI will have expansions after heroes of abyssea.

1 add-on a year you reckon?
i think that is pretty fair.. or 1.5yrs.. they need to continue on with job adjustments and so forth also.. but if they do a good up date every 1-1.5yrs i would be happy
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-08-24 16:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i think it'd be fun to see an 'onion knight' type job.

just saying~
By Dekadense 2010-08-24 16:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sad part is majority of the people arguing in this pointless thread are 30+ yrs old. Give it a rest? Who *** cares what you've killed. It's always been about bots. Drop Odin kills or AV kills that doesnt require you to set a time for it to claim automatically for you.
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-24 18:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hope the new gear isn't newly coloured Lv45 iron ram armor, or some lime green Iron Musketeers.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-08-24 18:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
I just hope the new gear isn't newly coloured Lv45 iron ram armor, or some lime green Iron Musketeers.

its going to be pink subligar set
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-24 18:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Shiva.Superdan said:

its going to be pink subligar set

Is it strange I wouldn't mind The Return of The Subligar?

I always found them amusing =]
 Cerberus.Cruxus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2010-08-24 18:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bought and currently waiting on seeing what SE is willing to show off on the Abyssea - Scars page as far as rewards go (almost set in mind the AF3, if not I'll be shocked). The only thing I have high hopes for as far as the gear goes, is that they don't just mesh similar jobs together on gear (ex. WAR/PLD-maybe DRK, PUP/MNK, DNC/THF...etc.)

I know a lot of work and a lot more space taken up for said gear if you have multiple jobs you're working towards, but I do like the individual look of AF for each job. On top of that, being able to put stats on gear without wasting a possible "slot" for another stat that wouldn't be used for the like job (wouldn't want pet stats cluttering up gear mnk would use, when it might leave room for another useful stat for mnk)

As far as XIV coming out soon goes, I've resolved myself that once I reach the point where XI is no longer entertaining and/or becomes too "high maintenance" to get anything done, I will be done with MMO's all together.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-25 03:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Screenshot of kills please? Actually nevermind, Frotaut killed it for real.

Only known kill so far is Neosutra's group.

JP killed it long ago probably, BG is full of gimps don't you know ?
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-25 03:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
Flion, do you regret getting the first 3 add-ons then? If not I would peg you as a pretty big hypocrite. I mean, What do you get with those, a short story that can last 1-2 days, 1 reward, and a few possible nice items from continously repeating certain BCs.

What do you get from the first abyssea Add-on? 3 decently large (altough reskinned) areas, a magnificient EXP area, a HUMUNGOUS (sp?) amount of both easily obtainable (and above average) and not-so-easy to obtain gear (which made many of the 'best' gear before it look silly), a shitload of new NMs (Both easy and what seem like HNM difficulty), a New VNM set, many quests/missions inside all 3 abyssea areas, and Empyrean Weapons.

I don't know about you, but looking at the facts, the first abyssea add-on was MUCH MUCH more worth 10 dollars than any of the previous add-ons.

PS. nothing against you Flion :P, debating can be fun.

The first abyssea content is going to be outdated in 1 month. You will have to toss all the rare/ex from the previous update and hope some level80 will buy your non rare ex ***in september. I call this empty content. Stop licking SE's balls when all they want is getting the maximum of € from you untill FFXIV is released, hence why this update is so early.

Cerberus.Cruxus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2010-08-25 06:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

The first abyssea content is going to be outdated in 1 month. You will have to toss all the rare/ex from the previous update and hope some level80 will buy your non rare ex ***in september. I call this empty content. Stop licking SE's balls when all they want is getting the maximum of € from you untill FFXIV is released, hence why this update is so early.

Everything gets outdated over time, with new gear coming out some of the older stuff is finally being out dated. Does that mean that it has become empty content? No, it just means that SE finally realized that it's time to offer players an upgrade to some new gear instead of reusing lower lvl stuff (looks @ swift belt). While the gear is still good, it's become a piece of stepping stone gear, great to have for the lvl range that it's been top notch, but eventually gets tossed aside like old clothes.

I honestly don't understand the views of ppl and what they expect out of a $10 add-on. Ppl should have learned from the previous 3 add-ons, that we weren't going to get any new areas, and in fact a lot of reskinned old stuff except for the rewards weren't just reskinned .dats. I can understand why ppl would be upset like in the case of WotG's story line, where they milked it (and still are apparently since they not finishing Missions this update like stated @ fan fest) From experiencing Visions, you pretty much know what to expect from Scars and Heroes, so you either realize you're not gonna dish out $20 more dollars for the add-ons or you will.

Also by early, you mean by a week or 2? Cause last time I checked update was scheduled for Sept just like the other 3 months for each update.

The reasoning isn't a rush, it's most likely based on a technical decision. God knows SE messes up something that was working fine before update, so they place XI's update early in month so they don't have update to fix AND most likely the ***storm of mistakes with launch bugs/fixes for XIV.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-25 07:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Cruxus said:

Everything gets outdated over time, with new gear coming out some of the older stuff is finally being out dated. Does that mean that it has become empty content? No, it just means that SE finally realized that it's time to offer players an upgrade to some new gear instead of reusing lower lvl stuff (looks @ swift belt). While the gear is still good, it's become a piece of stepping stone gear, great to have for the lvl range that it's been top notch, but eventually gets tossed aside like old clothes.

I would agree with you *IF* this transitionnal gear (76-80) was actually easy and fast (pleonasm) to get, like if you could have time to equip it before the next level cap increase comes.

Reports of 10/10 shaolin belt (the junk drop) and 0/10 bullwhip belt (the good one) shows that SE doesn't want you to get these items before level 99 pretty much, so this update is "a 50% faster 200k EXP". 2 days for 200k EXP in a bad AB party vs 1 day in a bad abyssea ally, k, empty nutshell.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7