Scars Of Abyssea Preorder!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Scars of Abyssea Preorder!
Scars of Abyssea Preorder!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-24 10:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Ludoggy was so pleased with Vision of Abyssea that he just had to blindly purchase an add-on that might blow.

^ This lol. But, I'm optimistic because Visions was so damn good...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 10:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I find them pretty shallow tbh. £10.00 for a glorified EXP camp and some new pieces of equipment. It's just reskins of old zones and no story.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 10:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
How much do you pay to go to a movie theater and be entertained for 1h30 - 3h?

I don't go to the theatre, it's a waste of money.

I'm not buying a game, paying a subscription and then paying for add ons too.

RoZ - WoTG was worth the money, these add-ons are not.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Avelle
Server: Phoenix
user: nuvas
By Phoenix.Avelle 2010-08-24 10:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Avelle said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Avelle said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
XIV is Beta.

Not even the last phase of Beta.

please stop crying about it when there are going to be HUGE changes as soon as phase 3 starts, and all of your complaints have already been confirmed to be fixed in an interview.

Will there be improvements? Almost certainly, I'm aware of that. Will the fixes address every single issue people have with the game? Unlikely. I'll continue to *** about the current state of the game until I see the changes. Just because the game is in beta doesn't mean SE gets a complete pass.

The thing is, this is the reason for the NDA. the game is highly buggy, and incomplete. People giving bad reviews for the game this early on will kill sales, and therefore the NDA agreement was born.

I'm well aware what a NDA agreement is, you however may be unaware that they recently lifted the restriction on posting screenshots and discussion of your beta experience.

Key word is 'Recently' because they are starting phase 3 in the next few days.

Recently refers to earlier this month and I'm talking about the beta experience I had in the last week or so. Where is the problem here? You're just arguing to argue at this point and it's making no sense.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 10:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
I'm not buying a game, paying a subscription and then paying for add ons too.

Well have fun in FF14, it's going to be the same lol.
If 10$ is a lot of money, get a job really =/

>implying I don't have a job.

And yes, I do find £10 to be a lot of money and not worth frittering on frivolous things.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 10:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
I don't know about EU minimal wage but I guess you can make £10 in 2 hours of work if you are a student.

2 hours of work for 3-4 months entertainement is pretty cheap in my book, but I guess you are cheap if that's not the case or just hating on the game. (And yet you are sold and probably a 60$ unfinished, rushed, buggy game that should still be in alpha phase at this stage and being released in 1 month)

Abyssea will not provide 3-4 months of entertainment to me. And add to the fact that XI will slowly die at the release of XIV.

I don't see the point of paying for something that will be pointless in less than a month. XIV has time to grow, and I want to grow with the game, not play a decrepit game that is on its last legs.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-08-24 10:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SE are bloody chancers... I expected that when I paid for Abbyssea it would cover the level caps... now they are just pushing their luck imo and they know we will pay it because they have us cornered, either pay or be left behind.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 10:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
>implying FFXI is dead.

I guess you have no idea on how long an MMO stay alive. Cool example Jaerik loves to point. Everquest 1 is 11 years old and it's still running and getting updates while everquest 2 is 6 years old and still running.

Also, I'm not delusional, FFXI will lose a great amount of players in september. What will happen? They will merge servers and there will be no issue?

And also no new players. I personally don't like the prospect of being in a game that is slowly dying. I've done it before in an MMO and I'll not do it again.

If you honestly think FFXI will as good as before you are delusional.

And FFXI isn't dead, it's dying. Nothing will stop this.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Alexander.Almostunsane
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Almostunsane 2010-08-24 11:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I decided long ago that when XI finally shuts down, it will be the last MMORPG I ever play. Monthly fees to fuel what is as close to an addiction as can legally be attained is not fun, no matter how you cut it. So I will not be moving on to XIV. That said, I truly enjoy XI as it stands, and wish to enjoy everything it has to offer until that day it inevitably dies. So I'll be getting this once I get some spare money (school supplies and food killing my funds right now).
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 11:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
It would be totaly shocking, it would have never happened before in MMO history nor would it be conceivable that FFXI, becomes free to play and an online store appears.

Never happened before and never will. Yes, FFXI will die slowly, like people said FFXI is dying 5 years ago, they'll keep on saying it's dying right now.

It's a fact FFXI is losing players, but it's also a fact they can play with 24 servers to merge and it's stupid to think the number of players playing a game matters when you don't interact with them because you aren't on the same server.

If FFXI had only 1 server with 2000 players. It'd be the exact same thing as if it had 30 servers with 2000 players in each. You can't interact with people on other severs in the game.

Bottom line is, you quit FFXI fine, just gtfo and be happy with your FF14 because "It's worth it".

All server merging will do is make more people quit, and make HNM camps more full. FFXI still won't have players where it matters, and if anything it will get more frustrating.

If you honestly think FFXI is going to become f2p with a micro payment system, you clearly don't know Square.

5 years ago a new MMO in the series wasn't on the horizon, now it is.

But carry on buying add-ons, I'm sure in a years time when the servers are completely empty, you'll truly be happy you wasted money and time on a frivolous endeavour.
 Alexander.Varistor
Server: Alexander
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2010-08-24 11:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Almostunsane said:
I decided long ago that when XI finally shuts down, it will be the last MMORPG I ever play. Monthly fees to fuel what is as close to an addiction as can legally be attained is not fun, no matter how you cut it. So I will not be moving on to XIV. That said, I truly enjoy XI as it stands, and wish to enjoy everything it has to offer until that day it inevitably dies. So I'll be getting this once I get some spare money (school supplies and food killing my funds right now).

I feel the same way. I have no interest in 14. what little spare time i have i spend on 11. i will not pay for 2 games and i worked too hard on Var and Auronjr to just let them go. I really enjoy Abyssea and fully plan to buy it for both mine and my wife's characters. I will play until the servers shutdown. i play the game for multiple reasons, and interaction with my wife on here and friends is high up that list.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Elgato
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Elgato 2010-08-24 11:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I completely agree with Avelle. 14 is bad. Really, really bad. SE needs to re-write some major game mechanics before I can see XI fans enjoying it. I'm sure plenty of XI folks will still get it/say its pretty good just because for some reason, newer = better. That said, I expect a major server population drop for about a month after 14's release, then people will come back to XI when it finally annoys them enough.

When beta testers stop playing b/c its a waste of their time that's saying a lot in my mind, and several of us did just that.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 11:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
All server merging will do is make more people quit, and make HNM camps more full. FFXI still won't have players where it matters, and if anything it will get more frustrating.

If you honestly think FFXI is going to become f2p with a micro payment system, you clearly don't know Square.

HNM is the meaning of FFXI, obviously. I don't know why people still camp most of them. But if they like that, that's their choice.

How will merging servers make people quit? I can see a couple people being very mad and rage quit at losing their name. Where should the players be for it to matter? That makes no sense.

I don't think FFXI will go F2P, but it's a possibility. A lot of MMO's now go F2P and give the option to buy stuff in an online store. That's very common lately.

So, you should just play for FF14 and forget about FFXI forums.

Clearly you weren't aware how many quit at the last server merge. And again, no new players means very little in terms of EXPing, especially so with Abyssea running dominantly.

And FFXI will never go F2P, again you clearly don't know Square if you think that will happen.

And I'll play XIV, laugh at people still playing a decrepit game, and use AH forums thank you.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 11:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Elgato said:
I completely agree with Avelle. 14 is bad. Really, really bad. SE needs to re-write some major game mechanics before I can see XI fans enjoying it. I'm sure plenty of XI folks will still get it/say its pretty good just because for some reason, newer = better. That said, I expect a major server population drop for about a month after 14's release, then people will come back to XI when it finally annoys them enough.

When beta testers stop playing b/c its a waste of their time that's saying a lot in my mind, and several of us did just that.

Because a beta is a clear indication @ how the game will play on release.

Again, this is the reason for the NDA, those people who quit the Beta fail. They are there to bug-test not play an "OMG NEW GAME".

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 11:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Beta is very very close to the final product, it's the phase where they debug, not trying to solve problems in the core of the game.

Not really. The entire point of a beta test is to bug test the game in a situation with many players. And Square has said many times that they have many fixes lined up. Look at the difference between:

Alpha > Beta v1 > Beta v2

The open beta begins in a week, and that is Beta v3.

Every issue that has been brought up has already been confirmed to be receiving a fix, Nit picking before retail is mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Cerberus.Elgato
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Elgato 2010-08-24 11:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Beta is very very close to the final product, it's the phase where they debug, not trying to solve problems in the core of the game.

Exactly. I'm not talking about bugs since that's a given for a beta release. Just pay your $60 and you'll see why we've been trash talking 14.

Shiva.Flionheart said:
And I'll play XIV, laugh at people still playing a decrepit game, and use AH forums thank you.

Nice to meet you pot. I'm kettle.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 11:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Elgato said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

Exactly. I'm not talking about bugs since that's a given for a beta release. Just pay your $60 and you'll see why we've been trash talking 14.

It will be the main reason most people trash talk any new MMO, they can't let go of things they've spent time on
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Elgato said:

Nice to meet you pot. I'm kettle.

There was no hypocrisy in what I said, that analogy makes no sense in this situation.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 11:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Hell I really do hope FF14 becomes a great game, but you are laughing at us for paying 10$ for an add-on that will be mostlikely as fun as the previous one and will obviously last at least 3 months minimum.

While you are going to pay 60$ (Or paid already) for something that shouldn't be in beta yet and being released in a month.

>Implying that something can't be fun and a waste of money?

>Implying that there won't be changes before the retail, and you're not just nit-picking the beta.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Borealis
user: Kristian
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-08-24 11:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

butsecks
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 11:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
> Implying you aren't wasting your money
> Implying that the game will be amazing on retail when it's ***1 month before retail.

>Implying drugs aren't a waste of money because you find them 'fun'

>Implying there isn't 2 phases to go until retail, and that there wasn't huge changes between the last phases.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7