Scars Of Abyssea Preorder!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Scars of Abyssea Preorder!
Scars of Abyssea Preorder!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Borealis
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Kristian
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-08-24 11:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

> Shiroi needs drug counseling

> Flion owes me £45 still
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 12:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
> Why are you talking about drugs, lacking arguments? I never touched *** drugs.
> Implying 1 month is enough to make huge changes > TEST THOSE HUGE CHANGES > retail

Drugs were a comparison. You mentioned that something fun was worth the money, Drugs completely refute that statement. (Also swearing just makes you look mad)

And yes, 1 month is enough time assuming some limited testing is being done in house. The point of a beta is a stress test, core mechanics that can be tested without the need of multiple players can and will be done in house.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 12:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
I can make stupid comparisons too. Eating is a waste of money, because you ***it later on. It keeps you alive but you'll die eventually so it's still a waste of money?

Real life card niiiiiiiice, seriously, this ***is subjective to each person. You think paying money for fun is a waste of money. Then you paying for FF14 is a waste of money unless you don't play it for fun.

I think paying for fun isnt a waste of money, then I don't think you paying for FF14 is a waste of money from my point of view.

It took them 4 or 5 years to make them game, you really think 1 month is enough to solve problems in the core of the game? I'm not saying it's going to be total ***on release, but it's definately not going to be awesome enough to keep a lot of players interested.

You literally have no idea about the build time of MMO's. There's no point arguing with you as I assume XI is your first MMO so you don't understand development time.

And eating would be more of a comparison to paying a monthly fee, you need to do it to carry on living.

Buying a pointless add-on would be better compared to using drugs, its unnecessary and expensive.
 Remora.Monchat
Server: Remora
user: monchat
By Remora.Monchat 2010-08-24 12:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Elgato said:
I completely agree with Avelle. 14 is bad. Really, really bad. SE needs to re-write some major game mechanics before I can see XI fans enjoying it. I'm sure plenty of XI folks will still get it/say its pretty good just because for some reason, newer = better. That said, I expect a major server population drop for about a month after 14's release, then people will come back to XI when it finally annoys them enough.

When beta testers stop playing b/c its a waste of their time that's saying a lot in my mind, and several of us did just that.

You are an idiot. Beta test is for testing, as its name tells you. It's not meant to be a game to play during your free time. It's not a game. Most likely it represent less than 20% of the real content.

Do you have a grasp of what FFXI looked like during beta ? You should read that on JPbutton. During the beta test there was only the starting cities and the zones arounds them with the 3 zones around Jeuno, so I read. The zones around jeuno had a NM that you had to fight in ally. It was totally bugged, I remember reading bees were linking like mad and that hate generation was completely *** up (cure I more enmity than provoke or some ***).

Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-08-24 12:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also unnecessary and expensive to play this MMO or any other. Congratulations on wasting your money on this pointless game for however many years you've played it.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 12:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
You are going from a comparison Video game > video game. To a Video game > drug. That is stupid.
Quote:
You literally have no idea about the build time of MMO's. There's no point arguing with you as I assume XI is your first MMO so you don't understand development time.

> Implying I don't / never worked on video games.
> Implying Jaerik doesn't know what he's talking about when he says SE shouldn't make drastic changes at this point in the game production when he worked on MMO's.

For your information, I played Ultima Online, Ragnarok Online, Talesweaver, FFXI, WoW and tried a few Dynasty Warriors ripoff ones I can't remember the name.

Your limited knowledge on beta tests proves otherwise.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 12:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
And because you "play" beta tests means you obviously know how it works and how long the production time is supposed to take while knowing nothing at all about the code behind a game?

I don't think you ever saw how a game is made, some games like Ultima Online are a thounsand times bigger and more complex than you think.

Now if you compare it to a game that's supposed to be bigger, like FFXI or FFXIV, a hundred times bigger, the code behind it is monstruous. Also I'll tell you, the growth of the code is not linear to the size of the game, it's exponantial.

Which is completely off topic. If you've played a beta you'd understand how drastically a game can change in the amount of time in house testing has been going on in XIV. Do you think they don't test the aspects of the game themselves before putting it in the Beta?

And again, every qualm you've had about the UI and mouse has already been addressed by SE. Just because no changes are made in the playable form of the game, doesn't mean no changes are being implemented.

If you've played all these MMO's you should understand how drastically a game can change from one phase to another due to in-house testing.

Post deleted by User.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-08-24 12:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a beta tester for XIV and I got bored after an hour when it first came out so I deleted it.

The other day I reinstalled it and got bored again after an hour and deleted it again.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 12:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Because I never played beta before? I'll tell you a very cool secret.

I don't like WoW, I played Closed and Open beta. Closed beta actually looked a lot like the retail game, but it had quite a few bugs.

Open beta had a few bugs, the differences between the closed and open beta weren't huge, it was pretty much a "bugged" version of the retail game.

Again, they shouldn't be making those drastic changes during the beta phase but during the in-house alpha.

You can't make changes before they've been found. Most of the bugs in XIV were found in the open beta, when the servers were stress tested.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 12:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd spend an hour making my char lol.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 12:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
You can't make changes before they've been found.

There's a difference between bugs and core mechanics.

Combat system change = core mechanic.

Something not working like intended = bug

The core mechanics were changed between alpha and beta. What exactly are your main complaints with XIV, maybe I can debunk them.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-24 12:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

plz debunk some for me....(and this is serious, I'm not trolling)...

1) how shitty is the "action bar"
2) does the game really have a *** ton of hot keys like WoW? (saw a SS looked like it might)
3) can you really change jobs on the fly? thats dumb as hell if you can
4) wtf is the real deal with the surplus exp thing? do you lose 10% or do you get 10%?
5) the mp recovery thing...is it really by items only?
6) can you really not party chat while engaged?...seriously?

(I was in the beta, but couldnt play due to a shitty comp..although they asked system requirements before accepting people..so ya 14 is the devil to me lately lol...but it seems they are really *** up a potentially great game...)

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-08-24 12:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

2) does the game really have a *** ton of hot keys like WoW? (saw a SS looked like it might)

I saw that as well. That was the thing that irritated me the most about WoW and all the WoW clones. Gameplay pretty much boiled down to mashing those stupid hotkeys over and over.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 12:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
plz debunk some for me....(and this is serious, I'm not trolling)...

1) how shitty is the "action bar"
3) can you really change jobs on the fly? thats dumb as hell if you can
4) wtf is the real deal with the surplus exp thing? do you lose 10% or do you get 10%?
5) the mp recovery thing...is it really by items only?
6) can you really not party chat while engaged?...seriously?

(I was in the beta, but couldnt play due to a shitty comp..although they asked system requirements before accepting people..so ya 14 is the devil to me lately lol...but it seems they are really *** up a potentially great game...)

1) I like it, but then I like action based combat. I don't like the slow paced combat of XI that much, XIV will need more skilled players than XI did.
2) No, about as many as XI
3) Yes, your job and speciality is changed by what weapon you have, but you also have a main level.
4) After a certain amount of time, you get less EXP on a certain class until you change weapons. this is only for one job, once you've changed you'll get normal EXP
5) At the moment, yes. It will be changed in retail
6) You can, but battles are more fast paced so you'll need to be quick.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-24 12:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

so you have to click for every attack...oh great.... *fume* thats so goddam lame...
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-24 12:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

and wtf is up with #2....FFXI has 0 hot keys like WoW....they are just macro sets that you dont necessarily see sitting on your UI...like Wow has all over the *** place
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 12:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
I have none actually.

They said they would make the beta test longer than FFXI, but in fact, they made it shorter. They also didn't seem to plan very well the game by changing core mechanics 2 months~ before the game release.

But, FFXIV isn't a waste of a 60$ at this point while you have no idea what it'll end up like, because you know, BETA IS TOTALY NOT CLOSE TO THE RETAIL PRODUCT.

While, 10$ for an add on, that we pretty much know what we are going to get since it'll mostlikely be the same formula has the last one, is a waste of a 10$. Oh yeah, the game is dying, just like 5 years ago when they talked about rapture.

Rapture argument doesn't work seeing as that was a rumour, not a reality.

And I found the add-on for the first abyssea not to be worth it. It added a glorified EXP camp, that's it.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-24 12:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

so you didn't like ANY of the abyssea NMs? those gears they drop are ridiculous...
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 12:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
so you have to click for every attack...oh great.... *fume* thats so goddam lame...

Yes, DD will actually have to pay attention now. How lame >.>
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
and wtf is up with #2....FFXI has 0 hot keys like WoW....they are just macro sets that you dont necessarily see sitting on your UI...like Wow has all over the *** place

They are your equipped skills, you press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 0 to use them. You can change them any time you want.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 12:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
so you didn't like ANY of the abyssea NMs? those gears they drop are ridiculous...

Also buyable.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-24 13:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

not the good r/ex items...and ya i do pay attention when i DD in FFXI...I just dont want to have to click for EVERY damn swing...thats just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ><

and wait what....you have to equip skills? wtf is this...tactics MMO style? ugh
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-24 13:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
not the good r/ex items...and ya i do pay attention when i DD in FFXI...I just dont want to have to click for EVERY damn swing...thats just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ><

and wait what....you have to equip skills? wtf is this...tactics MMO style? ugh

/sigh

If you honestly hate the game mechanics, then FFXIV isn't the game for you. You'll find you hate most MMO's though.

And the R/ex gear isn't worth £10.00. I'd rather micro payments if that's the case.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7