SAM Update?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » SAM Update?
SAM Update?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Nabis 2010-06-18 10:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i am going to tell u guys that a war with relic can solo light!!! KJ> metraton wooot im not a relic holder but i would love to see this happen
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-18 10:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanshin build yo, just need nana.

More STR = more DMG.
[+]
 Diabolos.Sephirothforbes
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Sephirothforbes 2010-06-18 10:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Machiaveli said:
I'm no Samurai but from reading this I think you guys got *** in the *** .

Yep looks like sams goin bk to skillchain onry for most of there damage, while war, rng (true shot wtf) goin back to the top.
[+]
By Nabis 2010-06-18 10:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

have u tried it yet dirty? and does it work?
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-18 10:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Jokes aside no I haven't tried it as I do not own Nanatsu-thingymabob, and according to FFXIAH only 1 person has it equipped, so maybe he is best asked.

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, but SE will not likely let us augment it with anything so it would be inferior to whatever will come in the future.
[+]
By Nabis 2010-06-18 10:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

yes your right woulda been cool if i got more back up for my idea (i like to think out side the box) it wouldnt have hurt to even try it though with a normal weapon using your setup
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-18 11:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

That set is joke btw >.>

Ikishoten is a good choice of merit as it's passive as opposed to Blade Bash so whatever way you think of it would increase your overall DMG. Like many other I gear not to miss so Ikishoten only really worked with Polearm and not GKT so I did change from 5/5 Iki to 5/5 Blade Bash, as that can and does save lives to this day.
[+]
By Nabis 2010-06-18 11:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh lol u greedy sam why dont u share some of that tp lol :P
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-18 11:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shikikoyo sucks! everyone will be /SAM now anyway making it's uses even less. And for the other jobs that don't /SAM then Opo Necklace & Sleeping potions are a macro away, I'd even synth the pots if you needed. :D
By Nabis 2010-06-18 11:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-18 11:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Shikikoyo sucks! everyone will be /SAM now anyway making it's uses even less. And for the other jobs that don't /SAM then Opo Necklace & Sleeping potions are a macro away, I'd even synth the pots if you needed. :D
That's the nail on the head right there. Just because they even have Shik /SAM now doesn't mean they can even use it REMOTELY as good as SAM. They cant build 160-180 TP like we can in a single meditate they get 60 + sleep potions which is lammeeeeeee/waste of time.

And if they hold TP over 100 just to shik then they are equally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE imo. (Protip: if you have 200TP you don't get a TP bonus on the WS damage using shik... it only counts as 100% still).

/shrugs.

Ya'llz mad for nothing.
 Sylph.Sukh
Server: Sylph
user: Sukhoruk
By Sylph.Sukh 2010-06-18 13:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
(Protip: if you have 200TP you don't get a TP bonus on the WS damage using shik... it only counts as 100% still).

I think you're thinking about Sekkanoki.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-06-18 14:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sukh said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
(Protip: if you have 200TP you don't get a TP bonus on the WS damage using shik... it only counts as 100% still).

I think you're thinking about Sekkanoki.
you don't get hagun's TP bonus but gkt's like ushikirimaru and radennotachi produce a better ws at that

Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-18 14:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, im kinda late to this and tried to read though all this but..

have people over looked these 2 things?

Sengikori (SAM Lv.77 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
Grants a bonus to skillchains and magic bursts initiated by your next weapon skill.

and

Skillchain Bonus -- Improves skillchain damage.
SAM Lv.78
DNC Lv.45

Wouldn't those 2 make our Sekki better than jobs subbing it?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Sukh
By Sylph.Sukh 2010-06-18 14:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it would, and pending how much of an added boost to damage, it may make those precious darkness SCs that everyone just does and overlooks, even more powerful. Remember unresisted darkness is like a third WS, now picture if these new things make it 1.5x /shrug... but after all Sams got so screwed.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-18 14:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, what I find funny, I never thought Sekki was all that " OMG WTF BROKEN" As people seem to think.

Also, a good WAR, DRK, DRG, RNG, MNK shouldn't be that far (or on par with) a good SAM imo. People just have this delusion that SAM is way overpowered.
[+]
 Sylph.Sukh
By Sylph.Sukh 2010-06-18 14:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Said it to my LS the other day, a Sam and a War with the same "skill level of gear" going head to head on most things, I feel like the Warrior would win. I think this becomes even more of an issue when you throw in a bunch of brds for a zerg, because then RR and KJ will actually do nice damage.

Sam is great for all around versatility, but if people thought it was the best at raw damage, they've been lying to themselves.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-18 14:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sam has the versatility that other jobs don't, that's what makes them the DD of choice in many situations. A good war will normally top a sam (not in birds obviously) but sam can perform near perfectly in a multitude of situations providing he has decent gear.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-18 14:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What exactly does SAM have that offers more versatility than other DD jobs?
[+]
 Asura.Steam
Server: Asura
By Asura.Steam 2010-06-18 14:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
What exactly does SAM have that offers more versatility than other DD jobs?
seigan third eye combined with utsusemi is pretty neat.

Then theres the more stable dmg WSs in a shorter time, making it the best DD job in the game, and of course access to a large set of phsycal dmg-, magic dmg- and enmity gear which basically makes a good sam/nin a good tank due to dps and the gear sets available. /endthread.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-18 14:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Im pretty sure WAR, DRK, MNK have no issues with tanking. They get good -pdt and -mdt gear as well along with enmity gear.

I love my SAM, and my SAM is pretty well geared, but I just don't think its as overpowered as people seem to think it is.
 Asura.Steam
Server: Asura
By Asura.Steam 2010-06-18 14:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Also adding that sam has access to polearm and with a 5 hit pole setup you are pretty good off due to pentas dmg. Also, Gekko is pretty neat on HNM etc unlike stuff like king's justice (which blows usually compared to gekko on hnm)
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-18 14:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-06-18 14:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Im pretty sure WAR, DRK, MNK have no issues with tanking. They get good -pdt and -mdt gear as well along with enmity gear.

I love my SAM, and my SAM is pretty well geared, but I just don't think its as overpowered as people seem to think it is.

War is actually a pretty piss tank. It only has voke and nothing for surviving. Mnk and Drk however do have their place, but given more places, sam will be able to do it better just because it can continue to DD while alternating 3rd eye with blink, mnk i would wager can do about on par but loses ground soon as you start hitting high Def HNM type of stuff...
in any case! personally hope the enhanced skillchain dmg ends up being potent. Considering how badly SE wants to bring back skillchains this update i wouldn't be surprised if if the trait adds 50% bonus dmg and the JA adds full 100% more dmg...more importantly however, is resist rates, if that's not changed it might be limited to exp fodder mobs at best.
[+]
 Sylph.Sukh
By Sylph.Sukh 2010-06-18 15:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

When I say versatility I sorta mean not having to be engaged the whole time. I should've specified. But other than that, most other jobs can do similar things to Sam.

The real reason Sam is "OP" is the same reason people thought that Ranger sucked after like 2006(?). Because everyone keeps telling each other. Sams not over powered, nothing in this update screwed them, this update just didn't push them further ahead... which is a good thing, because it means that SE won't decide to nerf Sam in the future because of some bonus they added.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-18 15:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimble is usually right on the dot but I disagree to an extent. I understand you're trying to say SAM isn't OP, which is true, but it really is the best DD for it's versatility in if a mob can be melee'd(taken down by mlee+ws, non-manaburn I should say) sam can do it the easiest and do it to every one of them.

DRK is my favorite job(irony) and It's better geared than my SAM due to that, i'm not lacking in SAM, however on just about anything i'm fighting (at least HNM wise) I wager my SAM will out perform my DRK. Gekko/Kasha, native 6hit, native Seigan/hasso and native meditate is just really powerful. Like someone has already said they can do amazing DD and tank if needed.

I won't say they are OP, but they certainly are on the top. They are still on the top even after this update, and hell, if done right i'm positive the new abilities they got will boost them even farther. Most SAMs are just mad they didn't get an ability to give them +str/atk/acc(double hasso lolz) or double ws dmg. They are just as bad as the rdms. Hell mnk didn't really get anything but counter ***, I never get anything for mnk ever, last thing we got was footwork... come on, tell me that this new ***for sam is worse than footwork? Exactly.

It sucks when our favorite job doesn't get over powered even more, but would you rather they give you a double ws dmg ability and then cut your natural ws dmg in half?
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-18 15:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, my point is, SAM isn't AS overpowered as people think. It can be the top DD, but the gap isn't as big as people make it out to be.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-18 15:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said it isn't OP, but I think the gap is big enough they shouldn't complain about not getting a huge boost in this update. We all know SE will give them amazing stuff 81-99. RDM as well is getting refresh II since they are allowing refresh as a sub. This is just people jumping to conclusions and QQing before anything even happens.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8