SAM Update?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » SAM Update?
SAM Update?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Sylph.Vincentius
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-06-17 16:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
but SAM isn't always the best DD but everyone seems to think it is. Due to the player base being *** stupid, SAM doesn't need anything. This update isn't a nerf at all. NOTHING CHANGED aside from a level replacement which isn't a nerf since it dropped the level requirement isntead of raising it. Stop being butthurt and hop back on the god damn bandwagon

Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-17 16:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't quote for some reason but this is from Linear

"You kidding me, right?

Let me know when other jobs get an ability as powerful as overwhelm. Oh, and Higher tiers of STP! or up to 180 TP from Meditate. Or a WS that pretty much insta-caps pDif on like, 99.9% of the monsters in the game.

SAM doesn't need a damn thing."

while its true that nothing is quite like overwhelm (which I have capped at 5/5) and 180 tp meditates are nice (but SUPER rare), Dnc still has the TP potential as a sam now (or close ot it) with DW and /sam's STP, and meditate if you combine it with reverse flourish and saber dance and off-hand joy since it now has native DW...

Now I'm not saying sam "needs" anything to be really great, as i still love the job above all else, but I would have LOVED tactical parry..I spent many many many hours capping my parry on 75 sam, and I would have loved that JT because my parry procs INSANELY freqently capped at 75...and Conserve TP would have been nice...idk why Dnc got those 2...what is dnc's parry? nothing compared to nin I dont think (which was the other job that got Tac Parry)...

Thats all I was getting at...other jobs got a major boost to be on par if not better than Sam now...though I'm just gonna have to push harder to excel on sam, which is good, because maybe it will force the "trendy sams" to not suck lol

edit: and I'm not one of those "band wagon" sams..i've had the job at 75 since..like 04-05 lol
 Caitsith.Omicronceti
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Omicronceti 2010-06-17 16:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

True, TONS of people play Sam but a good chunk of those people are bad. You know what I'm talking about, guys running around TPing with flame rings and full hachi. Which is why I don't get the sam hate, and the Sam is OP comments. It's not always the best dd, if these guys are outparsing you it's your fault, not sam's for being OP.
[+]
 Sylph.Spiriel
Server: Sylph
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-06-17 16:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So after years of being the over-powered DD job, now the SAMs are QQing because the other DDs are catching up.

lol @ DNC comparing to SAM, btw. DRG... eh, we didn't need Spirit Jump to catch up. WS, Meditate, Jump, High Jump, ready to go again. Sekkanoki just makes it easier. And hey, we've got that A+ when it comes to bird camps 8D Your B- is just going to fall further and further behind on accuracy.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Server: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-06-17 16:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dajociont said:
rng > sam anyway.
what ever,
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-06-17 16:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krazyy said:
it just feels like SE is trying to make SAM a subjob onry.. dropping Sekk to 40 is just a dickmove

Mwuahahhaha the time of DRK is upon us goodbye SAM.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-17 16:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

you don't think with that MASSIVE amount of TP, and highest DA rate in game (while maintaining full haste), it won't compare to sam? how does it NOT compare?
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2010-06-17 16:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Asura.Dajociont said:
rng > sam anyway.
what ever,

Never been out parsed by a SAM on RNG, ever. Not once. Can't wait for 80 to blow SAMs out completely. Thanks for the Sekkanoki!
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-17 16:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spiriel said:
So after years of being the over-powered DD job, now the SAMs are QQing because the other DDs are catching up.

lol @ DNC comparing to SAM, btw. DRG... eh, we didn't need Spirit Jump to catch up. WS, Meditate, Jump, High Jump, ready to go again. Sekkanoki just makes it easier. And hey, we've got that A when it comes to bird camps 8D Your B- is just going to fall further and further behind on accuracy.

Giving DRG an OAT polearm that maintains a 6-hit didn't help the cause either.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-06-17 16:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spiriel said:
So after years of being the over-powered DD job, now the SAMs are QQing because the other DDs are catching up. lol @ DNC comparing to SAM, btw. DRG... eh, we didn't need Spirit Jump to catch up. WS, Meditate, Jump, High Jump, ready to go again. Sekkanoki just makes it easier. And hey, we've got that A when it comes to bird camps 8D Your B- is just going to fall further and further behind on accuracy.
[+]
 Bismarck.Cordareo
Server: Bismarck
user: Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2010-06-17 16:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy crap... I see a lot of butthurt samurai up in here...

Well, while you guys are busy /crying over the opposite of a nerf I'll be sittin here on my cool *** THF spamming Despoil making cool *** DPS on my awesome additional effect herpes steal.

:D
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-17 16:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
you don't think with that MASSIVE amount of TP, and highest DA rate in game (while maintaining full haste), it won't compare to sam? how does it NOT compare?

2H bonus, Hasso, stronger meditate, higher x-hit build, not spending TP on cures/debuffs, overwhelm, higher skill rating for primary weapon...
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-17 16:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
overall dmg
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Server: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-06-17 16:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Omicronceti said:
True, TONS of people play Sam but a good chunk of those people are bad. You know what I'm talking about, guys running around TPing with flame rings and full hachi. Which is why I don't get the sam hate, and the Sam is OP comments. It's not always the best dd, if these guys are outparsing you it's your fault, not sam's for being OP.

every job should be doing the absolute best it can 100%,
DD's should be DD'ng hard, tanks should be tanking hard and not losing hate, and mages should be maging hard, there is enough gear out there for each job to be at its best, let the mages stack 500 mps or nuke and the tanks should do just that too, keep hate stack emnity, vit and def,
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2010-06-17 16:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao.. Herpes Steal.
 Siren.Tylac
Server: Siren
user: Tylac
By Siren.Tylac 2010-06-17 16:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Tactical Parry: NIN lv 77 DNC lv 77 Grants TP bonus when parrying an attack.

NIN parrying skill A- 269 @75

DNC parrying skill B 250 @ 75

SAM parrying skill A- 269 @75

Why wouldn't SAM get a parrying JA when they have an A- rating compared to DNC B rating?

Conserve TP: RNG 80 DRG 45 DNC 77 Occasionally cuts down TP cost of weaponskills.

SAM is the "Master of TP" so it would make sense to give it this JA. But I can see why SE didn't give them it because they have plenty of other ways to maintain TP; Meditate, Sekkanoki, Store TP.

Oh wait, Meditate lvl 30, Sekkanoki lvl 40, Store TP 10 30 and 50. Everyone will have what SAM has for maintaining TP>
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-06-17 16:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

*** this means more time in the tree to cap parrying >.>;;
 Titan.Stealthwolf
Server: Titan
By Titan.Stealthwolf 2010-06-17 16:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
*** this means more time in the tree to cap parrying >.>;;

dam i justed relised that grrr
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-17 16:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Tylac said:
Tactical Parry: NIN lv 77 DNC lv 77 Grants TP bonus when parrying an attack.

NIN parrying skill A- 269 @75

DNC parrying skill B 250 @ 75

SAM parrying skill A- 269 @75

Why wouldn't SAM get a parrying JA when they have an A- rating compared to DNC B rating?

Conserve TP: RNG 80 DRG 45 DNC 77 Occasionally cuts down TP cost of weaponskills.

SAM is the "Master of TP" so it would make sense to give it this JA. But I can see why SE didn't give them it because they have plenty of other ways to maintain TP; Meditate, Sekkanoki, Store TP.

Oh wait, Meditate lvl 30, Sekkanoki lvl 40, Store TP 10 30 and 50. Everyone will have what SAM has for maintaining TP>

They wont get Store TP III at 50 even at 99, also SAM will probably get a Store TP V or VI trait on the way up along with other TP bonuses so you can stop whining. Furthermore, DNC probably got that job trait because instead of spending TP on WS's more then half the time they're spending tp on steps/waltzes/sambas etc. The 5TP or whatever that they'll get probably won't even be that big of a deal.
 Caitsith.Trefold
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Trefold 2010-06-17 16:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

so i herd u liek sam

sam tp seat:
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-17 16:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Trefold said:

so i herd u liek sam

sam tp seat:
i've seen it...
 Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane 2010-06-17 16:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Trefold said:

so i herd u liek sam

sam tp seat:

The fact that you even made that item set is painful. X.X
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-06-17 16:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

2H bonus, Hasso, stronger meditate, higher x-hit build, not spending TP on cures/debuffs, overwhelm, higher skill rating for primary weapon...

rofl, this
[+]
By SEfails 2010-06-17 16:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

*** you SE you really *** fail with this update. Sam was suppose to be the master of TP...with this update every other job is just as good. Might as well give Sam 2hr to every other job too. No conserve TP!? WTF SE please stop trying to *** this game over even more.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-17 16:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

SEfails said:
*** you SE you really *** fail with this update. Sam was suppose to be the master of TP...with this update every other job is just as good. Might as well give Sam 2hr to every other job too. No conserve TP!? WTF SE please stop trying to *** this game over even more.

here it comes again..

[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-17 16:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

i said comparible....you're making it sound like its not possible for a dnc to even come close if they go FULL BLOWN DD..i'm talkin enough healers so they don't need to use TP for that (which i know is a rare situation to find yourself in..but i'm just saying for argument's sake)

lets go ahead and give you an example of what I'm talkin about then.... Lets imagine a dnc/sam at 80:

Dnc/sam has OaT knife mainhand and joyeuse off-hand (lets take haste samba out of the equation as it would boost the sam equally).

With Saber Dance, in addition to these 2 OaT weapons, you're basically going to never stop attacking 4x a round (if I understand exactly how the OaT procs and how often Saber Dance enhances DA..As I'm not 75 dnc..I'm just speculating what could potentially go down)...4 hits with those weapons are gonna yield roughly 20ish TP if not a lil more right? thats a 5 "hit" build no? Not saying you're gonna land 100% of your hits, but with sushi you can come pretty f-in close (i also have 8/8 sword merits on my char personally so it makes joy more viable), some dncs are gonna have suppa earring for more sword skill and another tier of DW as well...essentially giving them more gear haste.

Now when a sam hits 200 TP or more and have Sekkanoki ready (and meditate) they can 3 step SC if they are very lucky (unless they are using lolSoboro or new Kurodachi). Dnc is gonna be able to 3 step, maybe 4 step with ease or 2x 2 step. Dnc: 200+ TP + sekkanoki = 2 steps + meditate for 60 as that is going you're still attacking with those same OaT weapons and in full haste you can get a couple attack rounds off and still SC so by the time you hit 100 again you can land the third step of the SC (if dnc gets a 3 step darkness I'm pretty sure they do) and as soon as you WS the third time, dnc can pop reverse flourish for 75 tp if capped merits 1 more attack round or 2 will let them SC again, so they can do 2 2 step SCs in one big burst while that would be near impossible for a sam (without an OaT weapon)...

I use the 2 OaTs on dnc as the example because they (i think) are more common than a sam using OaT...

now I'm saying in some cases this will out do a sam I think, or has the potential to.
 Asura.Dajociont
By Asura.Dajociont 2010-06-17 16:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SEfails said:

Stop being a pussy. SAM will still be the master of tp and sucking against RNGs.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-17 16:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't tell if he's trying to be funny, or really whining.
 Caitsith.Omicronceti
By Caitsith.Omicronceti 2010-06-17 16:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Trefold said:

so i herd u liek sam

sam tp seat:
 Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-06-17 16:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at it this way:

If you go Gekko > Meikyo > Yuki > Gekko > Sengi > Kasha, with skillchain bonus trait, isn't it entirely conceivable that you'd be doing a 4000 Light SC on top of the extra damage a BLM can MB for AND the rest of the damage for your 2hr? Isn't it entirely possible that that entire process has the potential to do 10000 damage OR MORE?

Not to mention even with /SAM it's gonna take other DDs quite a while to store up 200 TP whereas we can do it with a Meditate and 2-3 hits?

That's all to say nothing of what Tachi: Ageha will bring to the table.

We're still the king, baby.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8