SAM Update?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » SAM Update?
SAM Update?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-17 19:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
Apparently calling them "whiny *** little ***" shut them up. >_>

lol i was upset at first (not overly pissed, just a miffed), but a few of you made some key points (you and clin specifically) and i'm ok with the update now, as far as sam not getting much (though the SC bonus JT AND JA might end up being fairly huge)
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-17 19:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't agree that anything/SAM =/= SAM or better than SAM. That's just blind ignorance.

As said, we have 85 90 95 99 to get to before everyone really has any right to ***. Everyone here who feels SAM got shafted or ***on is either:

A) A bandwagon who doesn't understand the actual importance of SAM.

or

B) A person who may have SAM leveled but dislikes it so feels the need to say "ha-ha" about it which furthers the Q_Q on the bandwagons.

RDM also need to quit the *** Q_Q because again we still have yet to see 85 90 95 99.

Hagun TP bonus = more damage
New SAM JA "Sengikori" = more damage.

I hope that makes it easier to understand sheepies. Doesn't matter that we don't know the damage % incrase yet... it's still an increase.

/endthread.
[+]
 Sylph.Vincentius
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-06-17 20:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dajociont said:
I don't have to show you a parse to tell you a Kraken club RNG will out parse even the best SAM on birds. ***is obvious.

I lol'd so hard.

The only advantage you have is overkill with ranged WS. You may have been beaten before, but you wouldn't know it since you're probably that guy that cheats parses by getting a full 2.5k 'winder when the mob really only had 500hp left.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-17 20:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Vincentius said:
Asura.Dajociont said:
I don't have to show you a parse to tell you a Kraken club RNG will out parse even the best SAM on birds. ***is obvious.

I lol'd so hard.

The only advantage you have is overkill with ranged WS. You may have been beaten before, but you wouldn't know it since you're probably that guy that cheats parses by getting a full 2.5k 'winder when the mob really only had 500hp left.
And this is a stupid argument, to say that you did overkill damage. any RNG, even the worst RNG ever, will still have the chance to WS and one-shot any given mob before anyone has the chance to hit it. Overkilling a mob is far less likely on RNG than on other jobs.

And besides, I thought the point of a parse is to determine how much damage you do in relation to others. Putting such a stupid restriction on it like that just so it doesn't hurt your feelings as much makes absolutely no sense. That's like arguing that SCH has higher nuke spike damage because occasionally a BLM will do 500 damage over what a mob's HP is and SCH won't do that +500.
[+]
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-06-17 20:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Restriction? Please. I'm stating a fact, not placing restrictions.

I wouldn't be threatened anyways, because it's even been shown that equally geared Tomoe SAM > Amanomurakumo SAM on birds, even when the Amano has the luxury of that overkill damage whereas multi-hit WS don't.

I'm just saying, I've seen people cheat parses like that. It's easily doable on any job that has a 1-hit WS.

Nvm, I just noticed that I challenged your loyalties. I forgive you for your overreaction and not reading my post correctly. I couldn't care less about this topic, but when there's a conceited dickwad who thinks he's untouchable, I'll gladly step in and correct the situation.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-06-17 21:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Love you guys <3 This thread gave me so much enjoyment during the boring hours of lecture at school. ^^b
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2010-06-17 21:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Conceited dickwad for doing exactly what you did? You said you've never lost a parse in merit parties, blah blah blah.

I guess being a hypocritical *** is cool. I should try it sometime. What's your normal % in parses for merits, anyway?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-17 21:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Like that matters, it varies depending on the jobs you have.
 Ramuh.Ragni
Server: Ramuh
user: Ragni
By Ramuh.Ragni 2010-06-17 21:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It's sooo funny when i see ppl who cry that SAM got "nerf" :D For me its cool that can make stronger skillchains with other jobs now :D Something like... Raging rush + ragig rush + Sengikori + kasha o.O etc. Cant wait :D~
By Katalsar 2010-06-17 22:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

On this whole topic I would agree that SAM just got fukd in the ***.

Though, I believe its okay for jobs to get sekkanoki, using the job ability should render /SAM jobs to get 50% TP back instead of a full 100%TP.

And by reducing the sekkanoki ability I think SAM should get another job ability in the LV. 60 spot. Otherwise, SAM would only be required to be Lv'ed to 40 to get all its abilities(excluding merited).

The SC bonus is pretty cool that would help in many situations w/ mages.

But anyway congrats all DDs on the gain!!
 Siren.Tylac
user: Tylac
By Siren.Tylac 2010-06-17 22:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not upset about other jobs who /sam getting sekk. Just that some new JTs were given to other jobs that would fit perfectly with SAM.

If we want to talk about jobs getting the shaft on JA and JT all MNK got was a "for sure" counter attack and a guarding bonus. SAM got a sweet SC bonus JA and JT. Hoping the JT gives a significant increase in SC dmg and then adding the JA on top of that.

Edit:

Also why would the with hold Yonin/Innin from /NIN and give Sekk to /SAM? Only reason people /NIN is for DW and Shadows. Yonin/Innin would have given /NIN more use. SE has always been talking about making /SAM more viable. People use to never sub it. Now DD are always subbing it when they can. Guess SE is spreading their love of SAM around to everyone else.
By Katalsar 2010-06-17 22:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ummm the MNK ability works with Tanking bro. Think of it as third eye, when your :Ni is down hit that job ability and cast ichi immediately. =D
 Siren.Tylac
By Siren.Tylac 2010-06-17 22:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah the duration is 30 sec and it only counters 1 hit
By Katalsar 2010-06-17 22:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Same with Thirdeye except 1 min w/o seigan
 Siren.Tylac
By Siren.Tylac 2010-06-17 22:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

TE anticipates non AoE mob moves and normal attacks. Will this new JA do the same? TE and Perfect counter have the same timer and duration (TE w/o Seigan). TE seems better because what kind of attacks you can avoid.
By Katalsar 2010-06-17 22:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well in a nutshell..

- No it will not counter AoEs
+ It will 100% counter a hit, And i assume multi-hit WS also.
 Sylph.Lalo
user: jdelabra
By Sylph.Lalo 2010-06-17 22:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sam will still be the top dd because of the WS mods on Y,G & K. They haven't uncovered any new WS, may be sams will get a three hit ws that has another 75% STR mod lol.
Yeah we didn't get good stuff this update but there's still a lot coming. Sekkanoki is not all that great, and besides the first WS will only deal dmg equal to 100% TP and the 2nd one can only be between 100 - 200 tp so SAM is still the one job that can ws every 5-6 hits.
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Server: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-06-17 23:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Laloc said:
Sam will still be a good dd because of the WS mods on Y,G & K. They haven't uncovered any new WS, may be sams will get a three hit ws that has another 75% STR mod lol.
Yeah we didn't get good stuff this update but there's still a lot coming. Sekkanoki is not all that great, and besides the first WS will only deal dmg equal to 100% TP and the 2nd one can only be between 100 - 200 tp so SAM is still the one job that can ws every 5-6 hits.
Ftfy.

Sam is a good dd no doubt and on hnms (that can't be drk zerged) it is the best but to say it is the best overall is just wrong. I doubt this update will change things very much as far as what dd is good where except other dds will get sekk.
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-06-17 23:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dajociont said:
Conceited dickwad for doing exactly what you did? You said you've never lost a parse in merit parties, blah blah blah.

I guess being a hypocritical *** is cool. I should try it sometime. What's your normal % in parses for merits, anyway?

You said you're always better than a SAM. It's called a counter-argument, not the conceited ***you spewed first.

What does parse % matter? I've gone from great merit parties where I had two other relics against me and won by a few %, to normal pickups where some guy thinks it's great to use polearm in conjunction with Askar Korazin and meat causing me to double the closest DD.

Haven't merited in a little while, but I'll show you a short shitty party that I parsed, just to humor you. I'd like to see you pick this apart.

edit: Photobucket won't let me make that bigger, and I suck at photo editing. Zoom in if you need, lol.

Second edit: I just noticed that you claimed I said I never lost in a parse. I haven't said that once. It might be true, but I never claimed it previously.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-06-17 23:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

be sweet at lvl 99 if sam got something like "tp mastery...chance of weaponskill to cost 0tp" ;p that would be epic
By Alaik 2010-06-17 23:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cordareo said:
Holy crap... I see a lot of butthurt samurai up in here...

Well, while you guys are busy /crying over the opposite of a nerf I'll be sittin here on my cool *** THF spamming Despoil making cool *** DPS on my awesome additional effect herpes steal.

:D

I *** lawl'd.
 Titan.Fekye
Server: Titan
user: fekye
By Titan.Fekye 2010-06-18 00:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Although as much as I raged at first I slowly began to realize that it's not that bad, however what ticks me off more than anything is they lower our level 60 ability yet not let yonin/innin available for /nin.

None of it makes any sense.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-06-18 00:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Fekye said:
Although as much as I raged at first I slowly began to realize that it's not that bad, however what ticks me off more than anything is they lower our level 60 ability yet not let yonin/innin available for /nin. None of it makes any sense.
Think about it. How overpowered would that make sam?
make zanshin/ikishoten builds viable also sam tanks with yonin while you have hasso/seigan up

or you go with innin, take War's alrdy epic doublattack rate,thf's crit rate, drk melee hits, mnk. etc etc any DD job. especially the ones that crit a lot or very hard and boost that crit rate up higher along with acc while reducing enmity/evasion. that imo seems way overpowered.
but in the case of sam...its like
Okay...let me pop innin&hasso, get behind it, beat the crap out of it, then run to the front: epic ws inc. and not generate that much enmity? I would feel sorry for the mage that cures from time to time.
besides if you think about it this way.
Hasso and Seigan are like stances for combat for sam
Innin and Yonin are stances of combat for nin. iono about you but any other mmo won't allow you to have 2 stances up at the same time.
as for sekkanoki being lowered to 40. woot go go bcnm40's.
And since SE seems to be steering the game to what I think was intended. to the Skillchain/MagicBurst stuff. This definetly allows for more skillchain spam in which mages can do vast amounts of dmg via magicburst.
So I can't wait to try sekkanoki out with my other jobs and see what other interesting combinations people will do.

I just don't want to see a dnc/nin running around 80+ saying they're subbing nin for dualwield effect
but I can almost 100% guarantee that SE will give sam something special towards the latter part of the updates. because SE loves samurai's. especially mithra ones like the one they showed killing AV with a skillchain =P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-06-18 07:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The gap between SAM and the other DDs has been closed... slightly

But SAM still has:
* The fastest 6hit in the game (GKT)
* The fastest 5hit in the game (pole)
* xhit builds that are independent of subjob (this is a massive advantage for SAM, one you will never understand until you are forced to play 'Non-SAM'/NIN)
* Full powered Hasso
* Full powered meditate with x2 enhancing items
* Overwhelm
* 1 of the best single hit WS in the game
* 1 of the best multi-hit WS in the game
* The ability to make Fragmentation using 2 good WS
* The ability to make Darkness using 1 good WS and 1 ok WS.

You need to remember that most other jobs won't be able to solo T3 SC and probably have to use lame WS to even do T2. So the added damage from the skill chain probably won't even make up for the fact they had to use a gimp WS to open it.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-18 07:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Argettio said:
* xhit builds that are independent of subjob (this is a massive advantage for SAM, one you will never understand until you are forced to play 'Non-SAM'/NIN)
i change to mnk here ^.^
 Valefor.Mattyc
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2010-06-18 07:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

samurai is the top dog dd wise imo in almost every situation crying at this point is redonkulous.....most sam's with polearms can out dd drg's np with measley 240 polearm even, the fact that sam's tp so fast makes them able to spam ws's faster than any job which means more damage over time...regarding the sekkanoki issue rana is only really meant for 100tp so that is thrown out the window for the problem with sekkanoki beings 99.9% u gonna do darkenss anyways, even as a sub job sekkanoki wont really mean that much think about it.....60 tp from meditate when sam's can stack almost 200 when they meditate....the QQn about what sam isnt getting ***is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE the question should be what does sam not have?

and argettio agreed 100%
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2010-06-18 09:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason, I'm unable to quote anything. Before I post this parse, let me ask you. Around how long did that merit party last? And what was the set up, not including the healer, obviously?

Also, look on the last page where you said "Merits? Haven't lost a parse yet." or some *** you said. Your second edit says you've never said you have never lost a merit party prase. Last I checked "I've yet to lose one" means it has not happened, which means never. But I guess in the world of Vincentius "have not yet" and "never" means two different things.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-18 10:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Vincentius said:
normal pickups where some guy thinks it's great to use polearm in conjunction with Askar Korazin and meat

This is one of the saddest things I've witnessed on FFXI, the worst part is when you suggest to wear Haubergeon they call you a noob in return. :(
 Lakshmi.Ricco
Server: Lakshmi
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-06-18 10:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinks everyone should just lay them out on the table and measure cause thats what this thread has turned into :P
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8