Help A BRD Out!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Help a BRD out!
Help a BRD out!
 Phoenix.Rajaaz
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Kindle
By Phoenix.Rajaaz 2010-08-16 17:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:

Also the damage on oh lets say Fafnir.

If the Sam is making skill chains for the BLM to magic burst, Double March I would prefer over Min. More Skill chains going off = More Magic Burst = More Damage = Fafnir dead faster so you can have a life.
Duh?
The question wasn't whether or not to use double march, the answer is almost always yes.

He said for HNM, that he rather have a Sam do 1000 then 500. But, Brd shouldn't make a difference on that if they are doing Marches for Skill chain. So that confused me.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-16 17:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Daimos said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:

If the Sam is making skill chains for the BLM to magic burst, Double March I would prefer over Min. More Skill chains going off = More Magic Burst = More Damage = Fafnir dead faster so you can have a life.
Duh?
The question wasn't whether or not to use double march, the answer is almost always yes.

He said for HNM, that he rather have a Sam do 1000 then 500. But, Brd shouldn't make a difference on that if they are doing Marches for Skill chain. So that confused me.

I was just trying to point the difference out between a well geared SAM and a well geared BRD. I'm kinda half drunk atm, can't articulate well.
 Phoenix.Rajaaz
By Phoenix.Rajaaz 2010-08-16 17:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Daimos said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:

Duh?

I was just trying to point the difference out between a well geared SAM and a well geared BRD. I'm kinda half drunk atm, can't articulate well.

Well sir, I'm really tired of arguing this point. We clearly have different views. And I'm just coming off dumb to you, cause frankly you don't give a ***.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-16 17:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Daimos said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:

Duh?

Well sir, I'm really tired of arguing this point. We clearly have different views. And I'm just coming off dumb to you, cause frankly you don't give a ***.

Not really, I don't mind your point on the matter, I just hold a different point. I wouldn't say you're dumb just because we have a difference of opinion, I'm just passionate about BRD and don't like seeing bad BRD's ruin it for all of us.(not saying you're bad)
 Phoenix.Rajaaz
By Phoenix.Rajaaz 2010-08-16 17:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Daimos said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:

Duh?

Not really, I don't mind your point on the matter, I just hold a different point. I wouldn't say you're dumb just because we have a difference of opinion, I'm just passionate about BRD and don't like seeing bad BRD's ruin it for all of us.(not saying you're bad)

This is help thread. I gave him my opinions on what he can improve HQ staffs, +1 Gear, etc. But, I made the point that his brd was min-um and could jump into endgame np.
Point should be helping him, not arguing about BRD of all the jobs we could argue about. Anyway.. I have a headache now... No fun..
 Ramuh.Akyrey
Server: Ramuh
user: Akyrey
By Ramuh.Akyrey 2010-08-16 17:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Well my eventual set (Probably in the next 3-4 months for debuffs will be this:)

this set would have

Chr +56 (putting overall CHR if your a hume to about 124 /nin

Wind +15
Singing +18 = +33 skill return

Macc +23

That puts you easily and comfortably in a 500 skill 100 chr set, and would allow you start weaning pieces off for Haste etc.
this is a really nice set to use for debuffs!i'd only swap af2+1 legs with af+1.for debuffs u should point it like (wind skill > singing skill)=macc>CHR. skill and macc should be 1=1 rate,but it's not confirmed,so skills get priority imo.use fast cast and song cast - for everything but march as buffs. for that stacks more wind and singing skills u can get.

just saw he swapped af2+1 legs with marduk's,yeah that's even better!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-16 18:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Akyrey said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Well my eventual set (Probably in the next 3-4 months for debuffs will be this:)

this set would have

Chr +56 (putting overall CHR if your a hume to about 124 /nin

Wind +15
Singing +18 = +33 skill return

Macc +23

That puts you easily and comfortably in a 500 skill 100 chr set, and would allow you start weaning pieces off for Haste etc.
this is a really nice set to use for debuffs!i'd only swap af2+1 legs with af+1.for debuffs u should point it like (wind skill > singing skill)=macc>CHR. skill and macc should be 1=1 rate,but it's not confirmed,so skills get priority imo.use fast cast and song cast - for everything but march as buffs. for that stacks more wind and singing skills u can get.

just saw he swapped af2+1 legs with marduk's,yeah that's even better!

Yup, I got bored and made some perfect gear sets a while back ^^

Probably swap the earth staff for the ToTM one ^^
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-16 18:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

:( wish salvage wasn't so far out of reach for me.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-16 18:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
:( wish salvage wasn't so far out of reach for me.

My friend has been looking for a group for ages. No group seems to go consistently on Shiva atm :/