Help A BRD Out!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Help a BRD out!
Help a BRD out!
By Alaik 2010-08-16 16:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11563/mesmeric-cape

I'll just leave this here.
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-16 16:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Rajaaz's words make me sad.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-16 16:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:

Same :/

I know what kind of bard he is, and I don't like it. Too many people think they can slack when it comes to gear for BRD, and it's not on. I didn't have the best gear, but at least I tried, these bandwagon brds just don't care.
 Phoenix.Rajaaz
Server: Phoenix
user: Kindle
By Phoenix.Rajaaz 2010-08-16 16:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Hades.Triet said:

EDIT** And Sha'ir Manteel is out of my price-range for the time being><

If Sha'ir Manteel is out of price range, Just macro in Yigit Body and switch back to Kirin to land the De-Buffs.

Last: Brd gear really doesn't mean a lot... :P

It really does. Don't fall into lazyness because you think you don't need gear. You're not going to be landing debuffs consistently without a decent set.

Really doesn't. Just have the bare min-um.
Been in endgame for 5 years... It doesn't matter. You can land most stuff. Only slightly matters when it comes to HNM.

So you did it naked? Good luck hitting Elegy on high end mobs with no gear on.

Bare minimum varies for some people. For some people HQ staves are bare minimum, by saying gear doesn't mean a lot is silly.

We have had mules with Just a body, Legs, Feet, Head, and NQ Staffs land de buffs. Really bard main purpose for most ***Endgame wise is sing your songs. Elegy is just a plus.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-16 16:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Please, retire your Bard for the sake of those who actually give a damn.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-16 16:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Hades.Triet said:

EDIT** And Sha'ir Manteel is out of my price-range for the time being><

If Sha'ir Manteel is out of price range, Just macro in Yigit Body and switch back to Kirin to land the De-Buffs.

Last: Brd gear really doesn't mean a lot... :P

It really does. Don't fall into lazyness because you think you don't need gear. You're not going to be landing debuffs consistently without a decent set.

Really doesn't. Just have the bare min-um.
Been in endgame for 5 years... It doesn't matter. You can land most stuff. Only slightly matters when it comes to HNM.

So you did it naked? Good luck hitting Elegy on high end mobs with no gear on.

Bare minimum varies for some people. For some people HQ staves are bare minimum, by saying gear doesn't mean a lot is silly.

We have had mules with Just a body, Legs, Feet, Head, and NQ Staffs land de buffs. Really bard main purpose for most ***Endgame wise is sing your songs. Elegy is just a plus.

wut.

So the bare minimum was fully equipped without HQ staves? And no, Everything you fight that you don't have to Kite, you seriously benefit from having an elegy on it.

Not necessary, maybe. But not doing it makes you a bad Bard.
 Phoenix.Rajaaz
By Phoenix.Rajaaz 2010-08-16 16:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Daimos said:

I know what kind of bard he is, and I don't like it. Too many people think they can slack when it comes to gear for BRD, and it's not on. I didn't have the best gear, but at least I tried, these bandwagon brds just don't care.

My bard is nothing slacking.
My bard today is way better then it was 1 year ago. I love bard, so I try to get the best for it. But, in all honesty me with my CHR 135 Build doesn't need to be any higher. So I'm not drooling over new pieces of CHR gear that would make it better...

Bard in general though can be played by anyone, cause it takes no real skill. As long as people have bare minum they will be fine endgame. What this guy has now I would clarify as the bare min-um.
 Phoenix.Rajaaz
By Phoenix.Rajaaz 2010-08-16 16:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:

For someone using full Teal Set for their bard... I wouldn't be talking.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-16 16:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Daimos said:

My bard today is way better then it was 1 year ago. I love bard, so I try to get the best for it. But, in all honesty me with my CHR 135 Build doesn't need to be any higher. So I'm not drooling over new pieces of CHR gear that would make it better...

Bard in general though can be played by anyone, cause it takes no real skill. As long as people have bare minum they will be fine endgame. What this guy has now I would clarify as the bare min-um.

Your perception of 'bare minimum' is terrible.

And you do realise with better CHR in different places you can slowly swap out other pieces to get a better more efficient fast-cast debuff build out right? You don't just stack it on top, you exchange.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-16 16:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Daimos said:

You said Elegy was pointless. nuff' said.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-16 16:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Daimos said:

Obvious Precast is obvious. Try harder.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-16 16:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Daimos said:

Obvious Precast is obvious. Try harder.

He probably doesn't know what precast is.
 Phoenix.Rajaaz
By Phoenix.Rajaaz 2010-08-16 16:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Daimos said:

And you do realise with better CHR in different places you can slowly swap out other pieces to get a better more efficient fast-cast debuff build out right? You don't just stack it on top, you exchange.
I play with spellcast, I have my fast cast build doing just fine. Seriously, The best ***in this game like AV, bards are just singing their songs and outside curing. Dynamis wise, hell yeah landing Elegy is great! But, mobs should be dead in less then 30sec either way. Einj Odin, T3-T1 You better be able to land elegy. But, if you can't I'm sure there is a brd there that can. Sea Sky, Great!

He can land his De-buffs np with his set he has now. It might take him a try or two. But, it can be done.
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2010-08-16 16:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
This is my old one. But, get your HQ staffs and Magic ACC Grips.
Also: Replace that Wind Torq with a Piper's Torq.
Delta Earring is a fine choice, just if you use spell cast macro that in.

Last, Bard's Cannions +1 Are pretty beast! :P
Vice-versa? replace Piper's Torq. w/Wind Torq.?

@Solanis: Thanks I will look into that. :D
 Phoenix.Rajaaz
By Phoenix.Rajaaz 2010-08-16 16:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Daimos said:

Now you're putting words in my mouth to build your case. I never said it was pointless. I said it's a plus.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-16 16:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Daimos said:

I play with spellcast, I have my fast cast build doing just fine. Seriously, The best ***in this game like AV, bards are just singing their songs and outside curing. Dynamis wise, hell yeah landing Elegy is great! But, mobs should be dead in less then 30sec either way. Einj Odin, T3-T1 You better be able to land elegy. But, if you can't I'm sure there is a brd there that can. Sea Sky, Great!

He can land his De-buffs np with his set he has now. It might take him a try or two. But, it can be done.

So that means he shouldn't try to improve his set? Because, hell! It's pointless.

His gear is fine for end-game, that doesn't make all bard gear fine for end-game. Again you said Elegy is pointless, all arguments you have are moot.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-16 17:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Triet said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
This is my old one. But, get your HQ staffs and Magic ACC Grips.
Also: Replace that Wind Torq with a Piper's Torq.
Delta Earring is a fine choice, just if you use spell cast macro that in.

Last, Bard's Cannions +1 Are pretty beast! :P
Vice-versa? replace Piper's Torq. w/Wind Torq.?

@Solanis: Thanks I will look into that. :D

Pipers for debuff, Wind for buffs
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-16 17:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Daimos said:

Now you're putting words in my mouth to build your case. I never said it was pointless. I said it's a plus.

It's as equally important as Ballads in any situation where the mob isn't being kited. Even in short fights, being able to hit an elegy on every mob lowers the overall damage, therefore makes MP easier to maintain, therefore means less down-time. If you're not using Elegy because it's a short fight, don't try to fool yourself into thinking that it's simply a 'plus'.
 Phoenix.Rajaaz
By Phoenix.Rajaaz 2010-08-16 17:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Daimos said:

So that means he shouldn't try to improve his set? Because, hell! It's pointless.

His gear is fine for end-game, that doesn't make all bard gear fine for end-game. Again you said Elegy is pointless, all arguments you have are moot.

Someone is a little hurt. It's bard... Get that through your head.
This isn't Samurai where we are trying to cap ACC or Haste.
This is bard, yes he can improve, and good for him he is aiming to be better. But, it's not like the DD care if he has the best gear or not, they just want their Marches.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-16 17:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Daimos said:

This is bard, yes he can improve, and good for him he is aiming to be better. But, it's not like the DD care if he has the best gear or not, they just want their Marches.

And the parse will show a difference between a DD who has been marched with lacking skill gear, and a DD who has been marched with good skill gear. Just because you can't necessarily see the enhancements, doesn't mean they're not there. You're accepting complacency because you think it doesn't matter, where as in a matter of fact, it does.
 Phoenix.Rajaaz
By Phoenix.Rajaaz 2010-08-16 17:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Daimos said:

And the parse will show a difference between a DD who has been marched with lacking skill gear, and a DD who has been marched with good skill gear. Just because you can't necessarily see the enhancements, doesn't mean they're not there. You're accepting complacency because you think it doesn't matter, where as in a matter of fact, it does.

Yeah it will. Not a OMG great amount wise, but I agree it will.
But, they are gonna perform better either way with Marches then they would without. When people get bards they usually are not focused on them having the best gear, they just want someone who can do their job and come sing for them for everything.
 Phoenix.Rajaaz
By Phoenix.Rajaaz 2010-08-16 17:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You only have brd and mnk High Level. Damn, can see why you're so passionate about bard. :X hehe
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-16 17:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Daimos said:

But, they are gonna perform better either way with Marches then they would without. When people get bards they usually are not focused on them having the best gear, they just want someone who can do their job and come sing for them for everything.

When I have a Samurai in HNM I want him to skill chain, so It shouldn't make a difference if his Darkness is hitting for 500 or 1000? right? But wait, it does.

If you're getting resists in debuff, have a bad skill set and more-over are not doing your job efficiently, you're a bad bard. And bad gear makes you into a bad bard.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-16 17:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a lot of jobs vs a few is no excuse for not aiming to optimize each of those job's to the fullest.

I hate the mindset of "I'd rather have a lot of jobs geared decently, than a few geared to their maximum"
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-16 17:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
You only have brd and mnk High Level. Damn, can see why you're so passionate about bard. :X hehe

Regardless. as to what jobs I have levelled, Gear is still an important point of brd. Efficiency is a bards main skill, and if he isn't efficient then you have a sub-par bard.
 Phoenix.Rajaaz
By Phoenix.Rajaaz 2010-08-16 17:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Daimos said:

When I have a Samurai in HNM I want him to skill chain, so It shouldn't make a difference if his Darkness is hitting for 500 or 1000? right? But wait, it does.

If you're getting resists in debuff, have a bad skill set and more-over are not doing your job efficiently, you're a bad bard. And bad gear makes you into a bad bard.

That's like saying bad whm gear makes you into bad whm. When some of the best gear whm out there are ***.. lol
 Phoenix.Rajaaz
By Phoenix.Rajaaz 2010-08-16 17:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Daimos said:

Also the damage on oh lets say Fafnir.

If the Sam is making skill chains for the BLM to magic burst, Double March I would prefer over Min. More Skill chains going off = More Magic Burst = More Damage = Fafnir dead faster so you can have a life.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-16 17:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Daimos said:

That's like saying bad whm gear makes you into bad whm. When some of the best gear whm out there are ***.. lol

Skill+gear > Skill > Gear > none

Gear is important, even if it's less so than skill.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-16 17:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Rajaaz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Daimos said:

If the Sam is making skill chains for the BLM to magic burst, Double March I would prefer over Min. More Skill chains going off = More Magic Burst = More Damage = Fafnir dead faster so you can have a life.

So do I, Marchx2 is the superior choice in nearly every situation. March is heavily based on gear though.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-16 17:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rajaaz said:

Duh?
The question wasn't whether or not to use double march, the answer is almost always yes.