Bill Nye Debates Creationist Ken Ham Live 2/4/2014

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Bill Nye debates Creationist Ken Ham live 2/4/2014
Bill Nye debates Creationist Ken Ham live 2/4/2014
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-18 13:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tedril said: »
I thought you said all Gods are made up :P. Surely you wouldnt follow the principal that thinking makes it so. Do I read the bible is that what you are asking? yes, have I read other scriptures? Of course, Do I think there are some rightness in each? I would hope so most of them are the same generically, Do I believe in jesus? you betcha! And thats the kicker, thats where faith comes in, but it all started with finding him with understanding with my mind.

From what I can decipher, you picked the christian god. What was it about the christian god that makes you have faith in him that was lacking from the other dozen or so modern gods, or the thousands of past gods?

I don't need a side by side comparison of every god, just something that makes the christian god stand out among all the others.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-18 13:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet it's the beard.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-18 13:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
I thought you said all Gods are made up :P. Surely you wouldnt follow the principal that thinking makes it so. Do I read the bible is that what you are asking? yes, have I read other scriptures? Of course, Do I think there are some rightness in each? I would hope so most of them are the same generically, Do I believe in jesus? you betcha! And thats the kicker, thats where faith comes in, but it all started with finding him with understanding with my mind.

From what I can decipher, you picked the christian god. What was it about the christian god that makes you have faith in him that was lacking from the other dozen or so modern gods, or the thousands of past gods?

I don't need a side by side comparison of every god, just something that makes the christian god stand out among all the others.

I've got my money on Group Solidarity.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-18 13:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
How do you guys feel about Zizek?

No clue haven't read anything by him.

God in Pain: Inversions of Apocalypse is a good start. People seem torn on the guy in the circles I've read.

Chomsky thinks Zizek is full of crap. But then again Chomsky is more a data geek where Zizek is pulling from Lacan/Derrida and theory. It's pretty easy to see why they wouldn't get along.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-18 13:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I bet it's the beard.

That's why I chose Odin all-father. I look forward to the maidens plucking my soul out of the old age home to prepare me for Raganarok, binge drinking with the Gods, eating a boar that regenerates every night and fighting all day long.

Now THAT is an afterlife. Hopefully I can be the guy making siege weapons though, I don't have much of a sword arm ;;
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 13:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Balance
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 13:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet it's the beard.

That's why I chose Odin all-father. I look forward to the maidens plucking my soul out of the old age home to prepare me for Raganarok, binge drinking with the Gods, eating a boar that regenerates every night and fighting all day long.

Now THAT is an afterlife. Hopefully I can be the guy making siege weapons though, I don't have much of a sword arm ;;
Thats sounds pretty sweet no lie lol
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-18 13:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin promises unlimited booze and bacon. Do I need say more? This thread is over.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-18 13:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin promises unlimited booze and bacon. Do I need say more? This thread is over.
I want some bacon!
By fonewear 2014-04-18 13:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Need women and you can count me in.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-18 13:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet it's the beard.

You have to die in battle for the Valkyries to come get you.

I'm not sure if battling cancer, diabetes, alzheimer's or some other senile related disorder counts. Better to grab an axe and try to raid a Monastery. Say what you want about their logic, those associated with the Clergy really know how to bling. (And thus make good pickings for those of Viking inclinations)
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 13:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds good to me, yall wanna meet for drinks? I think are arguments will make more sense when slurring our words.
By fonewear 2014-04-18 13:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I discuss stuff like this with my cousin. Most of my other friends talk about video games and so on.

I've taken a vacation from video games while the weather is nice. I'm going to venture outside for once.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-18 13:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I've battled mosquitos many times, hope that counts for my Ragnarok exp.
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 13:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I use to a keep a character sheet on a webpage based on my real life gaining my xp and gear bc somebody told me to try blogging.
By fonewear 2014-04-18 13:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I was obsessed with Fallout New Vegas but that only lasted like a week.

Now Fallout 4 I'll be hooked again though.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-18 13:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I use to a keep a character sheet on a webpage based on my real life gaining my xp and gear bc somebody told me to try blogging.
I've started doing that recently. I've noticed that the only way to motivate myself enough to succeed at what I want to do was to have a videogame-like chart of my progress on my objectives. Having a concrete perception of my current standing helps me a great deal moving forward.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-18 13:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've started doing that recently. I've noticed that the only way to motivate myself enough to succeed at what I want to do was to have a videogame-like chart of my progress on my objectives. Having a concrete perception of my current standing helps me a great deal moving forward.
I thought about doing that a few times, basically a "to do" list, but I keep losing them...
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-18 13:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Balance

I don't suppose you could elaborate? Balance can mean so many things, and I'm sure many of the other gods have some sense of balance themselves, depending on what you mean.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 13:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I thought about doing that a few times, basically a "to do" list, but I keep losing them...
That is great, I should do this just add it into my ffxi to do list then i surely wont lose it lol
By Jetackuu 2014-04-18 13:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Balance

I don't suppose you could elaborate? Balance can mean so many things, and I'm sure many of the other gods have some sense of balance themselves, depending on what you mean.
Tanaka
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-18 13:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I discuss stuff like this with my cousin. Most of my other friends talk about video games and so on.

I've taken a vacation from video games while the weather is nice. I'm going to venture outside for once.

You brave fool, you enter the realm of EVIL.

Bask in the glorious neckbeards, the shrubbery provides camouflage from our greatest nemesis - the extroverts.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-18 13:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a whiteboard near my desk which I update weekly or so.

If for example I set myself to study 250 pages I make a bar and fill it as I progress so that I know how I'm faring and can fix myself if I slacked off.
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 13:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Balance

Most of them not really, And those that have balance tend to lack a relationship which is a part of the balance. Its the sense of so many different things rolled into one. It would take a long time to elaborate. But its like he is both with us and above us, sovereign yet allows for our free will. Just different things like that.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-18 13:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Balance

Tanaka

Rare snapshot after he created the universe. Note the unkempt hair, the subtle annoyance at being photographed, the 'wut' look on his face and the balance between business and casual.

Truly a god by any standard. Terrorized me for years before he was overthrown by the new gods. I pray to not be balanced any further in this mortal realm. I fear becoming a Puppetmaster after I die.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-18 13:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I bought a corkboard to post stuff up, but I can't find my drill bits to make the starter holes.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 13:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a whiteboard near my desk which I update weekly or so.

If for example I set myself to study 250 pages I make a bar and fill it as I progress so that I know how I'm faring and can fix myself if I slacked off.
Thank god, I am using that to convince my wife I need one! that's the second time! I've been trying to get one for years lol
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-04-18 13:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole point is us choosing him, if everybody just loved him then we would be like heaven, and this is earth. The point is to choose to love him regardless.

Which god did you choose and why did you choose him/her?
I wouldn't say I chose a God, I found one. I would never just swallow what was told to me and go with that. Research and understanding and experience.
Wait, you shopped around for a god? Looked at Consumer Reports, read the 5-star reviews on Amazon, that kind of thing? Did a comparison on tithing rates versus afterlife? Drove around and kicked a few tires?

Doesn't that defeat the enire concept of belief?
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-04-18 13:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I was obsessed with Fallout New Vegas but that only lasted like a week.

Now Fallout 4 I'll be hooked again though.
I'd really prefer if they canned the FPS aspect, and went back to the 2d issometric view.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-18 13:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear lord, there goes my coffee after "read the 5-star reviews on Amazon". Bahahahaha.

"Paid into this PONZI SCHEME all my life and still went to Hell. Contacted Jesus and did not get my money back."

"Waged Jihad for years only to find out Allah was a man of peace. Description was completely unlike what I expected."

"FOUND SHINTOISM. BEST PURCHASE OF MY LIFE. DO RECCOMMEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!."

"Do you want to make 70 dollars an hour working from home? Please call 555-555-5555 for more information. Feed your kids and CHANGE YOUR LIFE with one phonecall"

"Cheap Chinese CRAP. Stick to Buddhism, get your money's worth. DO NOT BUY."
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20