Bill Nye Debates Creationist Ken Ham Live 2/4/2014

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Bill Nye debates Creationist Ken Ham live 2/4/2014
Bill Nye debates Creationist Ken Ham live 2/4/2014
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 18 19 20
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-18 12:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Shiva.Tedril said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I'm not negative towards the existence of a god. I'm personally scared of death and would be delighted if you could prove the metaphysical realm. But until your claims are baseless and easily dismissable you're not gaining much credibility.
Well try reading that book, atleast the first two sections. They are pretty good, it comes at it from a philosophical view but is still pretty sweet.
I would advise against asking the godless to expand their mind. Science is their religion, and people like Al Gore are their priests. I just wish they could see how similar they are to those they think are so wrong.

All I ask for is proof. Actual proof. Not the nonsense Tedril is babbling.

Because the vast majority of scientists and those who put stock in their work would readily admit being wrong if proof were actually provided. And not anecdotal, poetic drivel about "Well if you've ever looked at your newborn child and felt love, that's all the proof you need!"

You're right. Those who dismiss religion and put "faith" in science do have a large number of similarities to those who follow religions.

Except that science has stood up to the burden of proof.

A deity need only reveal himself and pretty much anyone present who doesn't mistake what they're seeing for psychosis would be a believer.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-18 12:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If Heaven is full of Nausis, I'll gladly take hellfire. You can annoy God all day with your ***logic and broad statements until he decides to deliver onto you seven plagues of 'stop being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE'.

Anyway.

I hear DaVinci will be doing a demonstration of his flying contraptions after demons rip out Nancy Graces innards only for them to magically reappear. Steve Jobs will be peddling the Hellpad and Hitler will has written a book on how to train your canine. Stalin spends his days cackling like a villain at his pal Putin though he oft comments the lack of a strong Russian mustache and beard is unbecoming of Soviet overlord.

Also Hitchens will still be owning idiots, Genghis Khan will be doing a seminar on how to rape and pillage shortly before the ancient Eyptian choir sings a round of "Scarab, my scarab" alongside the Mephistopheles philharmonic. I'll be the guy asking Lucifer himself why he decided to look like Sephiroth (What a poser.) and how he allowed the marketing team at Blizzard to turn him into a gigantic wuss in Diablo3.
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 12:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
I would say that God has reached to tons and tons of people, though just like lots of parents sometimes he put a little extra faith in some of his good kids Abraham, Mohammad, Siddhartha, etc. And lots of people got different ideas. None of them really more wrong than another one. But you just gotta find the God you know and run with it.

Every monotheistic religion makes it a point to say that worship of any other god before "The one true god" is in the top three Worst things any human being can ever do, strangely rape is never even in the top ten.

So how dare you say something so blatantly patronizing as that.
Well rape easily falls under covet and lust and so forth, also leviticus. But I'm saying that its true lol cant tell if that last part was sarcasm lol
By Jetackuu 2014-04-18 12:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
A deity need only reveal himself and pretty much anyone present who doesn't mistake what they're seeing for psychosis would be a believer.
I need an adult!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-18 12:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my Sparth, I seriously love some of your rants.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-18 12:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought maybe Drac had bumped this to continue torturing me with creation.com.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-18 12:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well rape easily falls under covet and lust and so forth, also leviticus. But I'm saying that its true lol cant tell if that last part was sarcasm lol

wat.

Rape is neither a covetous act, nor an act of passion.

Also, while we're on the subject of Coveting the neighbor's property, glad Women are lumped in with the Livestock, right where they belong, AMIRITE FELLAS!(That was sarcasm)
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-18 12:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You could only compare someone who accepts science on the same side as a religious person if they were still clinging to Aristotle and refusing to move forward with everything else that's been discovered and corrected in the meantime.
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 12:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not negative towards the existence of a god. I'm personally scared of death and would be delighted if you could prove the metaphysical realm. But until your claims are baseless and easily dismissable you're not gaining much credibility.
Well try reading that book, atleast the first two sections. They are pretty good, it comes at it from a philosophical view but is still pretty sweet.
I would advise against asking the godless to expand their mind. Science is their religion, and people like Al Gore are their priests. I just wish they could see how similar they are to those they think are so wrong.

All I ask for is proof. Actual proof. Not the nonsense Tedril is babbling.

Because the vast majority of scientists and those who put stock in their work would readily admit being wrong if proof were actually provided. And not anecdotal, poetic drivel about "Well if you've ever looked at your newborn child and felt love, that's all the proof you need!"

You're right. Those who dismiss religion and put "faith" in science do have a large number of similarities to those who follow religions.

Except that science has stood up to the burden of proof.

The whole point is us choosing him, if everybody just loved him then we would be like heaven, and this is earth. The point is to choose to love him regardless.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-18 12:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole point is us choosing him, if everybody just loved him then we would be like heaven, and this is earth. The point is to choose to love him regardless.

Which god did you choose and why did you choose him/her?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-18 12:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought we were trying to prove something here, not hold hands and sing together that love is good.

Sure peace and love are great, but it doesn't explain what a black hole tastes like.
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 12:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

to covet: : desire, yearn for, crave, have one's heart set on, want...
Do not covet thy neighbors wife... and saying no rape is in Leviticus, is what I was saying. Therefore jesus and the gospel never had to say it.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 12:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought we were trying to prove something here, not hold hands and sing together that love is good.

Sure peace and love are great, but it doesn't explain what a black hole tastes like.
It tastes like a ding dong duh! all the light is on the inside!
By fonewear 2014-04-18 12:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell you what I don't believe in... extended warranties...
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-18 12:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

All I ask for is proof. Actual proof. Not the nonsense Tedril is babbling. Because the vast majority of scientists and those who put stock in their work would readily admit being wrong if proof were actually provided. And not anecdotal, poetic drivel about "Well if you've ever looked at your newborn child and felt love, that's all the proof you need!" You're right. Those who dismiss religion and put "faith" in science do have a large number of similarities to those who follow religions. Except that science has stood up to the burden of proof. A deity need only reveal himself and pretty much anyone present who doesn't mistake what they're seeing for psychosis would be a believer.

You've essentially responded with the bolded portion in a slightly less saccharin-sweet way. {Platitudes.}{No thanks.}
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 12:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »

Which god did you choose and why did you choose him/her?
I wouldn't say I chose a God, I found one. I would never just swallow what was told to me and go with that. Research and understanding and experience.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 12:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

All I ask for is proof. Actual proof. Not the nonsense Tedril is babbling. Because the vast majority of scientists and those who put stock in their work would readily admit being wrong if proof were actually provided. And not anecdotal, poetic drivel about "Well if you've ever looked at your newborn child and felt love, that's all the proof you need!" You're right. Those who dismiss religion and put "faith" in science do have a large number of similarities to those who follow religions. Except that science has stood up to the burden of proof. A deity need only reveal himself and pretty much anyone present who doesn't mistake what they're seeing for psychosis would be a believer.

You've essentially responded with the bolded portion in a slightly less saccharin-sweet way. {Platitudes.}{No thanks.}
No because I wasn't trying to prove him to you, I would never bother to do that on a forum, its to complicated, my sense is WHY we are here in this first place and WHY God is God. Not how. Never do argue that with strangers on the internet its a waste.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-18 12:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Why can't the creator of the universe be a woman? Like the end of Metroid where it's revealed that the badass bounty hunter is actually a blonde chick raised by bird people. The first blow to the ego was Samus was female and then the finishing blow that a blonde woman traversed a planet of space pirates and actually knew what she was doing.

Maybe the creator of the universe is a sweet old lady who bakes cookies, gets baked and baked us before her grandkids came over for lunch in the sacred realm. Old white guy is so boring, cliche and anglocentric.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 12:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Tell you what I don't believe in... extended warranties...
To many loop holes... More like black holes if you ask me! Thats a knee slapper!
By fonewear 2014-04-18 12:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe women are capable of love, but it is possible. I have faith.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-18 12:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So... you have nothing to say about creation and just want to proselytize. No, thanks. I'm all full on God already.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-18 12:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say I chose a God, I found one. I would never just swallow what was told to me and go with that. Research and understanding and experience.

Ok, so which god did you find and why did you decide to go with that god?
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 12:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Why can't the creator of the universe be a woman? Like the end of Metroid where it's revealed that the badass bounty hunter is actually a blonde chick raised by bird people.

Maybe the creator of the universe is a sweet old lady who bakes cookies, gets baked and baked us before her grandkids came over for lunch in the sacred realm.
Sounds good to me, but the reason that God is masculine is because back in the day everything was gendered because of the way language worked. And things with power were given masculine gender back then.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 12:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So much irony it hurts! lol
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-18 12:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

to covet: : desire, yearn for, crave, have one's heart set on, want...
Do not covet thy neighbors wife... and saying no rape is in Leviticus, is what I was saying. Therefore jesus and the gospel never had to say it.

In general, it's always a bad idea to convict people of thought crime. To covet is to take no action, but simply desire. This probably belongs in the other thread, but doesn't this create an incompatibility with all of the capitalist or near-capitalist world?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-18 12:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds good to me, but the reason that God is masculine is because back in the day everything was gendered because of the way language worked. And things with power were given masculine gender back then.

So why would God then write that women are second class citizens worthy of being filed in with my pet cow Belle and my herd of goats henceforth known as the baaaatallion.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-18 12:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So much irony it hurts! lol

So much whoosh.
By fonewear 2014-04-18 12:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd suggest Soren Kierkegaard for some interesting thoughts also.
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 12:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »

Ok, so which god did you find and why did you decide to go with that god?
A god of love yes. One that's desire is for us to find our way back to him by bettering ourselves and bettering mankind. He is the creator, sustain-er, and finisher. Simply put that is.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 12:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd suggest Soren Kierkegaard for some interesting thoughts also.
I second that
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 18 19 20