Bill Nye Debates Creationist Ken Ham Live 2/4/2014

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Bill Nye debates Creationist Ken Ham live 2/4/2014
Bill Nye debates Creationist Ken Ham live 2/4/2014
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 18 19 20
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-18 12:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Shiva.Tedril said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Wow the amount of delusional nonsense in here just went through the roof.
It would make more sense if you have read Immanuel Kant
It would make more sense if it were time to start drinking for the day to more readily tolerate the supposed logic you're trying to sell.
Ah ad hominem fallacies, hear them roar!
No fallacies. Just my own vices for dealing with the world. You've got your religion. I've got whiskey.
Better be Scotch...

I am a strong believer in multiculturalism when it comes to my whiskey/whisky.

Scotch, Bourbon, Canadian, Rye; it's all good to me.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-18 12:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Burden of proof shifting? Prove God for us all please.

In particular, the God you have decided to throw your lot in with.

God is Love.

Love is Blind.

Stevie Wonder is Blind

Therefor Stevie Wonder is God.
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 12:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
You would be correct if light exists. Please prove it.

Please think about your posts a little more before you click submit.
Lol, I'm just trying to make a point all we got is what we think and sense. Both of which are pretty lacking. Words are just thoughts from your head thats into my ears, these are just words... Ya I just quoted a rap song in a debate no big.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-18 12:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not negative towards the existence of a god. I'm personally scared of death and would be delighted if you could prove the metaphysical realm.
But until your claims are baseless and easily dismissable you're not gaining much credibility.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-18 12:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Burden of proof shifting? Prove God for us all please.

In particular, the God you have decided to throw your lot in with.

God is Love.

Love is Blind.

Stevie Wonder is Blind

Therefor Stevie Wonder is God.

Not bad. I would add "I wanna know what love is I want you to show me"
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 12:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I'm not negative towards the existence of a god. I'm personally scared of death and would be delighted if you could prove the metaphysical realm.
But until your claims are baseless and easily dismissable you're not gaining much credibility.
Well try reading that book, atleast the first two sections. They are pretty good, it comes at it from a philosophical view but is still pretty sweet.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-18 12:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record, I'm open to some grand designer for the universe. Perhaps we're all just ants running around on some rock hurtling around one sun in the bum-***-nowhere.

What is up for contention is that a number of humans living in one part of the globe suddenly became enlightened to this entity and this entity decided that the all important message of eternal life vs. damnation would be spread across the globe primarily by European conquest and Islamic caliphates that'd crush other civilizations in order to spread the message. Meanwhile this God has entire civilizations of native americans with no clue to its existence till Europeans show up and deliver a resounding '*** you' that rings in my ears to this day.

SURPRISE ***.
Unless you subscribe to Mormon fanfics that tries to retcon the natives not knowing. You know, cause Jesus made a pit stop in America.

Such an advanced entity (universe builder on its CV) has an infinite number of ways to project its existence yet uses the most primitive of human vectors to get the message across. Right.

Some nights I just wish the Egyptian pantheon complete with jackal headed dude, eagleman and the pharaohs came back just to say "***, we were right" before shutting the door to the afterlife on everyone. Cosmic trolling.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-18 12:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I pray to God that SE makes a game worth playing. That and world peace.

So far my faith in SE is quite low.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-18 12:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Such an advanced entity (universe builder on its CV) has an infinite number of ways to project its existence yet uses the most primitive of human vectors to get the message across. Right.
Maybe he had bad internet and takes a few million years on our planet to get it running again, so we won't be hearing more in a while!
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-18 12:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't sound all that great now does it?
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 12:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record, I'm open to some grand designer for the universe. Perhaps we're all just ants running around on some rock hurtling around one sun in the bum-***-nowhere.

What is up for contention is that a number of humans living in one part of the globe suddenly became enlightened to this entity and this entity decided that the all important message of eternal life vs. damnation would be spread across the globe primarily by European conquest and Islamic caliphates that'd crush other civilizations in order to spread the message.

Some nights I just wish the Egyptian pantheon complete with jackal headed dude, eagleman and the pharaohs came back just to say "***, we were right" before shutting the door to the afterlife on everyone. Cosmic trolling.
I would say that God has reached to tons and tons of people, though just like lots of parents sometimes he put a little extra faith in some of his good kids Abraham, Mohammad, Siddhartha, etc. And lots of people got different ideas. None of them really more wrong than another one. But you just gotta find the God you know and run with it.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-18 12:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I pray to God that SE makes a game worth playing. That and world peace.

The Lord your God has spoken.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-18 12:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well try reading that book, atleast the first two sections. They are pretty good, it comes at it from a philosophical view but is still pretty sweet.

I would advise against asking the godless to expand their mind. Science is their religion, and people like Al Gore are their priests.

I just wish they could see how similar they are to those they think are so wrong.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-18 12:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

God is Asian it all makes sense now...actually that doesn't make sense.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kwehh
Server: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Kwehh 2014-04-18 12:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Doh well no ***
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-18 12:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not negative towards the existence of a god. I'm personally scared of death and would be delighted if you could prove the metaphysical realm. But until your claims are baseless and easily dismissable you're not gaining much credibility.

This is ultimately the thing, too.

I have tried to convince myself to believe in religion. Any religion. To convince myself someone's right and we've got more than our natural mortal lifespan.

But there's just no reason I can see that anyone using a modicum of logic and scientific reference could believe such nonsense.

And the counterargument that, "well, that's because god is greater than us" is just...hollow. At best. It's as dismissive of an answer as "because I said so" is to a child when they ask a parent why they have to do something.

God is a readily-available MacGuffin for a large portion of the human race, and nothing more.
By fonewear 2014-04-18 12:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not praying to Bill Nye ever night. I don't trust anyone that wears a bow tie...
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-18 12:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't speak out of your *** please.

edit: was at nausi
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-18 12:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

I would advise against asking the godless to expand their mind. Science is their religion, and people like Al Gore are their priests.

I just wish they could see how similar they are to those they think are so wrong.
not many people pay attention to neocons dude, you're trying too hard.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-18 12:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say that God has reached to tons and tons of people, though just like lots of parents sometimes he put a little extra faith in some of his good kids Abraham, Mohammad, Siddhartha, etc. And lots of people got different ideas. None of them really more wrong than another one. But you just gotta find the God you know and run with it.

Every monotheistic religion makes it a point to say that worship of any other god before "The one true god" is in the top three Worst things any human being can ever do, strangely rape is never even in the top ten.

So how dare you say something so blatantly patronizing as that.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-18 12:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not even american, nor live there. Couldn't care less about Al Gore.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-18 12:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, I'm just trying to make a point all we got is what we think and sense. Both of which are pretty lacking. Words are just thoughts from your head thats into my ears, these are just words... Ya I just quoted a rap song in a debate no big.

Like I said, things dumb people tell themselves to sound smart.

Even if you don't trust in our perception to tell us real facts about the universe, you could at least trust that through our perception, we're shown a set of facts that seem pretty concrete.

I remember when my brother fed me those lines when he was 14. It was dumb then and it's dumb now.
By fonewear 2014-04-18 12:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Al Gore is proof that God has a sense of humor.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-18 12:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not even american, nor live there. Couldn't care less about Al Gore.
Please, never do care about what Al Gore has to say. He's crazy, to say the least.
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 12:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe he had bad internet and takes a few million years on our planet to get it running again, so we won't be hearing more in a while!

ignore the useless parts, but the diamond on the left is how see our universe, god at both ends and at this point we are around the middle away from him kinda out of his reach. I see god as yes all powerful but within his own will he has limited himself so that we can make our way back to us. Its like a parent that could kill his kid for attacking his other kid but rather he punishes him and hopes he gets better and grows up.
 Bismarck.Lottto
user: Lotto
By Bismarck.Lottto 2014-04-18 12:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
You would be correct if light exists. Please prove it.

Please think about your posts a little more before you click submit.

Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-18 12:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

not many people pay attention to neocons dude, you're trying too hard.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-18 12:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you need to learn what the word means.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-18 12:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Al Gore isn't a scientist... He's barely even a meme anymore.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-18 12:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »

Al Gore isn't a scientist... He's barely even a meme anymore.
stop, before we get into a "global climate change" derail again...

I mean yes it would prove that he's a nut job, but I think we already know that already...
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 18 19 20