Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-03-16 18:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Seoha said:
Sentinel, I hate you so much.
Sooooo much.
I'll never -ever- complain about the top tiers of Blazblue after playing against Dark Phoenix and Sentinel.

...still
I wonder why Justin Wong isn't playing with them.
I thought he was a "Play for win" not "pick a char you like and go for it" type of player.

some pro's have found ways around sentinel moves and stuff, (advancing gaurd/super jump is a lifesaver) , other than that i remember reading on gamefaqs forums that people have found "999 infinite combo's" for a few chars, Capt America being one of them (he's the only one i could remember offhand and i actively use him in my team) so while you CAN be a pro sentinel, there's still alot of other chars to choose from than can be more effecient. but i'd say 80+ % of the people who pick sentinel are pretty noob/spammish.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-03-16 18:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I find timing better than just button combos. Anyone can remember a button combo - timing is more impressive/skillful to me.
 Shiva.Cerderic
Server: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-16 19:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I find timing better than just button combos. Anyone can remember a button combo - timing is more impressive/skillful to me.
i didn't say it wasn't more skillful or impressive.
just boring to me. i'll stick to soul calibur & tekken i suppose.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-03-16 19:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Chars I like choosing:
Capt America - Felicia - Chun Li ~ Morrigan ~ X23 ~ Shuma ~ Sentinel

I somehow got forced to start using Sentinel and use him as my 3rd slot
not because of spamming of whatever, but due to his high defense and range, helps pull it off while the opponent is in (fuking hate it) X-Factor mode.

character I hate the most? Fking Zero!!

one thing I was surprised to see when I 1st got the game was, that the Dmg ratio done in this game, has been greater than any Vs game out before. and X-factor is just... too damn overpowered ><

edit: as to fighting sentinel, my Felicia usually rips it appart
 Titan.Lillica
Server: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-03-16 19:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Aren't these pretty much the controls for guilty gear? L H M and duster/special to launch people?
 Titan.Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-03-16 19:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I'm not a comic book guy maybe you guys could answer this for me. In the opening videos there is a airship on fire/crashing, does that belong to someone in the game?
 Titan.Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-03-16 20:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Aaaaand since I have nothing better to do than keep posting here... what do you guys think the chances of more characters is? I can't help but notice a lot of really popular characters popping up in the ending sequences, maybe alluding to future installments? For example when you beat Jill's arcade mode, Blade makes a cameo, I think Dazzler or something was in Felicia's. I'm not even sure who all else has shown up but have you guys seen any ending cameos you think would make a good add to the roster?
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-03-16 21:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Lillica said:
Aren't these pretty much the controls for guilty gear? L H M and duster/special to launch people?

funny you mentioned this, you are right, the button scheme is actually really alike. punch - light weapon - heavy weapon - duster

Titan.Lillica said:
Also, I'm not a comic book guy maybe you guys could answer this for me. In the opening videos there is a airship on fire/crashing, does that belong to someone in the game?

The Airship is actually, an Aircraft Carrier... or better yet a Helicarrier from Marvel, that S.H.I.E.L.D. uses. Nick Furry (possible chara to add maybe?) used to be Director of.

Titan.Lillica said:
Aaaaand since I have nothing better to do than keep posting here... what do you guys think the chances of more characters is? I can't help but notice a lot of really popular characters popping up in the ending sequences, maybe alluding to future installments? For example when you beat Jill's arcade mode, Blade makes a cameo, I think Dazzler or something was in Felicia's. I'm not even sure who all else has shown up but have you guys seen any ending cameos you think would make a good add to the roster?
That is a possibility, that maybe these characters didn't make the final cut or could be added in the future... or they are just adding as cameo, just to imply just how big the crossover is.
IRC Ghostrider also makes a cameo

:3 hope that helped
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-03-17 17:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The number of people that quit when they are losing is astounding. If you quit an online match, it should count as a loss, period. Of course the argument that will come up is "well if i d/c that isnt fair." The number of people that will happen to compared to the number of people that quit when they lose, its more then a fair trade.