Teiwaz - Thoughts?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Teiwaz - thoughts?
Teiwaz - thoughts?
First Page 2
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2010-04-13 12:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

In your opinion, which is best option for cures?

Teiwaz
Templar Mace & Muse Tariqah
Apollo's Staff
Healing Staff / Dryad Staff

I'm asking this cause yesterday I was sporting my new Teiwaz on my RDM and a guy checked me out and /laugh @ me.

As much as I thought "***'s jealous" (the guy is a douchebag), I really wonder what's everyone's opinion on this new weapon?
 Hades.Tripster
By Hades.Tripster 2010-04-13 12:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot to mention that while I was doing this trial I didn't had any competition at all at the best camps, so that's why I'm asking.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-13 12:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It was probably a "Haha WHM epeen" joke. Don't take it too seriously, it's a nice staff.
 Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-04-13 12:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

if youre talkin about Teiwaz 838 (or w/e the ending trial is..) that gives Cure Pote.+15% then there isnt really a question to answer . No single item gives this much potency increase . Every job that would have to cure can pretty much use this . In youre weapon slot , there isnt any combo that beat this no matter what job youre on that can equip that Teiwaz . Especially considering the trial required , the guy is just being dumb and obviously doesnt much about Cure Potency .
I'd say congrats and i cant wait to finish mine . but thats me .
[+]
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2010-04-20 00:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to agree on this one, It's definitly the best weapon for whm cures.

As it was explained to me when I was attempting to do all the math b/c of all the upgrades I want/need to do...

Cure Potency >> Healing Magic Skill >> MND

which is one reason I dont understand other than haste why ppl use blessed mitts over AF hands, but that's another thread, time and place.

Overall, The trial staff is best, I myself cannot wait to also finish mine. Pair it up w/ the Shantotto legs and you can have some awesome cures I'd expect.

Just w/ legs every once and awhile i'm doing 820+ Cure V's...and my gear isnt that speshul lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-20 00:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

About the only time I could see mace+muse beating this is if you aren't at the last soft cap already. So like maybe just maybe at the very begining of salvage where you have like body and weapon onry. Otherwise probaby not. Just play around with the cure calculator and you will see.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-04-20 00:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Savannah said:
Cure Potency >> Healing Magic Skill >> MND which is one reason I dont understand other than haste why ppl use blessed mitts over AF hands, but that's another thread, time and place.
Pretty sure MND is worth a lot more than skill for Cure V at least. AF+1 is best of course, but blessed is significantly better than AF.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-04-20 01:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Savannah said:
I have to agree on this one, It's definitly the best weapon for whm cures.

As it was explained to me when I was attempting to do all the math b/c of all the upgrades I want/need to do...

Cure Potency >> Healing Magic Skill >> MND

which is one reason I dont understand other than haste why ppl use blessed mitts over AF hands, but that's another thread, time and place.

Overall, The trial staff is best, I myself cannot wait to also finish mine. Pair it up w/ the Shantotto legs and you can have some awesome cures I'd expect.

Just w/ legs every once and awhile i'm doing 820 Cure V's...and my gear isnt that speshul lol

Just thought I'd mention this but Blessed Mitts will always cure for equal or more than AF hands (depending on the cures of course). Not only that but Blessed does have the haste on top of it. I was curious myself so I did my own testing on top of the info I'd already read about. MND is almost always > Healing Magic Skill. Not knocking ya, just saying you might want to give it a test.

Greater healing magic skill really only prevents resists when healing undead for damage and gives a small boost to cures, much like for BLM where INT is for greater damage while Elemental Magic Skill is for preventing resists.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-20 01:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

http://members.shaw.ca/pizza_steve/cure/Index.html
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-04-20 01:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Teiwaz with cure potency+15% is sick..I really want one for whm and sch as nothing beats it...you can stack (as a whm) like +40% potency with that...thats close to perma rapture without being a sch main hehe
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-04-20 01:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I lovelovelove the Teiwaz! I am very much looking forward to getting this for my WHM... just stuck on the bloody spiders trial >:(.

@OP: The guy was being a douchenozzle if he'd scoff at the staff, just ignore him and be glad he's not in a party with you (Or you could pt with him and let him die...)... but yeah, you have nothing to worry about :P
 Asura.Cecellia
user: Cecellia
By Asura.Cecellia 2010-04-20 01:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Teiwaz 838 is very worth it for healing.

@Israfel once you get past the spiders it gets a lot better. Trust me. ^_^
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-04-20 01:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Israfel said:
I lovelovelove the Teiwaz! I am very much looking forward to getting this for my WHM... just stuck on the bloody spiders trial >:(.

@OP: The guy was being a douchenozzle if he'd scoff at the staff, just ignore him and be glad he's not in a party with you (Or you could pt with him and let him die...)... but yeah, you have nothing to worry about :P

Douchenozzle? Lulz. hai2uRin *hands you tiramisu*

Currently working on the STR/Atk Daikini with my man. After I finish it, I'll look into working on a Teiwaz. Nothing like supporting the Present Day Fairy Club!
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2010-04-20 02:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Xeno!! /Tiramisu-nom :Q

@ Cecellia -- Aye! hehe, it seems though that whenever I am in boyahda there is no weather, as soon as I am there on a job that cannot equip the Teiwaz there is lots of long thunderstorms XD!, but I will keep trying e_e! I must...have...staff!!! *foamsatmouth*

I will have to do a few of them I think ><, I'd love a couple of the staves for SMN, Dark affinity and Wind at the very least ><
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-04-20 02:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

spiders and weather...did you try bhaflau thickets? would that work? just a thought, idk /shrug
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2010-04-20 03:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Eikechi~ I did ^^ but the weather fades there quickly ; ;. Kuftal weather can last a decent amount of time, but it is rare ;;. Wondering if SE ninja-patched the weather since now that I am like omgwtfbbqDesperately needing it, it never shows! :P ahhh c'est la vie lol
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-04-20 03:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry, tried to help lol, i do eventually want a Teiwaz myself..not sure what place to even start for saplings lol (75 sch is what i want this for, even though i have 69 whm i haven't played whm nearly as much as sch lol)
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-04-20 03:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing to keep in mind for Boyahda, weather tends to be kinda seasonal, so you'll actually see lots of weather during certain game months (Especially April-June if I recall) but not that much during other times. I think it's either rainy season or just ending atm but can't check right now.

And on that note, I hate Noble Mold, lol.
 Hades.Tripster
By Hades.Tripster 2010-04-20 06:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

How to get the Teiwaz in 10 days (I only play after work on weekdays + weekends):

- Treant/Saplings: Grauberg (S)
- Spiders: The Boyahda Tree (check weather NPC first, dont waste your time in going other places, THIS is the place to go)
- Mobs on LightDay: Pretty much anywhere, if you can get a merit party on lightday then you're done in 1h.
- Arcana: Ro'Maeve on lightsday.
- Beasts with finishing blow light: Tigers on the west side of the Outpost in Jugner Forest (S)
- 10 Bottled Pixies: Yagudo Templar Knight in Meriphataud Mountain (S) drops this 100%. He pops near Castle Oztroja (S) - there are some in the castle.

Go to a place and /shout for Team Up?! I teamed up in almost every trial with ppl doing the same/other trials. Like the spiders there was a THF there doing Vermin for their Dagger. And Arcana there were other ppl doing the same trial. Only the Beasts I pretty much did it solo but the tigers die pretty fast.

GL!
 Alexander.Jeffreyjelly
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Jeffreyjelly 2010-04-20 06:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Mikumaru said:
if youre talkin about Teiwaz 838 (or w/e the ending trial is..) that gives Cure Pote.+15% then there isnt really a question to answer . No single item gives this much potency increase . Every job that would have to cure can pretty much use this . In youre weapon slot , there isnt any combo that beat this no matter what job youre on that can equip that Teiwaz . Especially considering the trial required , the guy is just being dumb and obviously doesnt much about Cure Potency .
I'd say congrats and i cant wait to finish mine . but thats me .

What ever happened to whm/nin with dual wielding clubs to get 15% D:!?

but yeah just saying not the only way to get 15% xD, other subs much better

and GL on everyone finishing their staffs D:!
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2010-04-20 06:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sterling said:
Just thought I'd mention this but Blessed Mitts will always cure for equal or more than AF hands (depending on the cures of course). Not only that but Blessed does have the haste on top of it. I was curious myself so I did my own testing on top of the info I'd already read about. MND is almost always > Healing Magic Skill. Not knocking ya, just saying you might want to give it a test. Greater healing magic skill really only prevents resists when healing undead for damage and gives a small boost to cures, much like for BLM where INT is for greater damage while Elemental Magic Skill is for preventing resists.

lol its ok...I've tried them both out myself and I've literally always done better cures w/ my AF...my own personal test anyway...idk mebbe my af likes me? lol

it is what it is and ppl all have their tests...lol
 Phoenix.Tsukimae
Server: Phoenix
user: Aaralyn
By Phoenix.Tsukimae 2010-04-20 07:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm happy with mine for the most part. Cure Calc told me my Cure V's with med. ring would do 1063 with this staff, but it seems to be stuck at 1041. It was right when it said my Cure V's without med. ring would do 996. It was right on everything else but Cure V with med. ring. Not sure what's going on there.

Non-the-less, I am happy with it and don't regret putting in the work that is needed.

Edit; For Arcana on lightsday, dropping down in Garlaige Citadel wasn't bad. Minimal competition, and as SMN/SCH I was able to kill 15~25ish per lightsday while solo.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2010-04-20 07:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
lol its ok...I've tried them both out myself and I've literally always done better cures w/ my AF...my own personal test anyway...idk mebbe my af likes me? lol

it is what it is and ppl all have their tests...lol

http://members.shaw.ca/pizza_steve/cure/Cure_Calculator.html

As you said >.> try it out, But trust me as long as you dont have AF+1 Hands Blessed will outcure them by~10-11 points per Cure V easily

Thanks to that staff i was finally able to hit 1.2k in Temenos ^.^b Since theres like no Roundel Earrings on Carbuncle what so ever ><

Greetz ('-')/
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-04-20 08:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I just finished mine as well. Haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but I don't use my WHM much anyway. I think I mostly got it as an excuse to free pixies so more would show up in the present. XD

The spider trial was definitely the worst. I swear when they added this stuff they made thunder in Boyahda way rarer. I always remember it being thunder more often than not there... I thought it might be a seasonal thing, like Tarowyn mentioned, but I was going there for hours at a time on and off for almost a week and it was always rare. And several times when we finally would get lightning weather, it'd disappear incredibly fast. I mean, we had a full PT of people and were killing incredibly fast (with a couple SMNs using Predator Claws and Spirit Taker, you can clear the zone of spiders faster than they can repop), yet twice in a row, we had weather that only lasted long enough for us to kill 7 spiders. And to add insult to injury, I had weather wear off on me while I was fighting the last spider I needed. -.-

I saw a few people mention competition or lack of it... I don't see why it would be a problem. The more people the better; just team up with them and everyone gets done faster! Maybe it's just my server, but if you threw up your PT flag while doing a trial (or even if you didn't), you'd get a {Team up?} tell and an invite for the trials unless no one else was in the zone, no exceptions. The only Staff trial I soloed was the 2nd to last, since you need killing blow.

Now I just need to finish the last trial for my dagger... 192 malboros on windsday/wind weather to go. x_x
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-04-20 10:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Possible dumb question:

can a person have more than one teiwaz or would I have to choose between avatar perp and cure potency? :(
 Bismarck.Iridescence
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Iridescence 2010-04-20 10:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you can have more than one, but you can't do the same trial at once I think

Trial of Magians @ffxiclopedia
 Ifrit.Edd
user: Edd
By Ifrit.Edd 2010-04-20 10:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The only problem about having more than one is that you will have to manually equip them, as they will all have the same name.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-04-20 10:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats why I was confused because of the same name.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2010-04-20 12:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically you can have multiple Teiwaz with the same Augment, since they are not rare but

same name -> Equip manually (which sucks and holds me personally from getting 8 others for my SMN... not to mention 8 times treants and 4 times spiders again is a pain)

You can do multiple Trials at once, like Treants and Arcana one, but you can not do the same Trial at the same time (would be perfect for NIN doing two eva simultaneously ; ;)

Greetz ('-')/
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-04-20 12:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I heard somewhere also that you can only have 4 trials flagged at once? Don't remember where I heard that though, so I dunno if it's true.
First Page 2