Teiwaz - Thoughts?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Teiwaz - thoughts?
Teiwaz - thoughts?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-20 16:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

NOt sure. Though I do currently have 4 trials flagged lol.

Anyways one sorta easy (well faster) way to do spiders if you have to solo and you have blm or at least rdm/blm. Check weather in the tree. If there is weather goign to be there go. Even go a day early. Gather together like 7-9 spiders. Keep full buffs (stoneskin blink phalanx pro) up eat taco for help though not necessary. If you want to be cute let them all hit you and get cursed lol (when they uncurse they go to like 89% hp). Then start againg them down and sleepga them. Once you get into the rythm you can often do it without losing a single buff. Sometimes you get resist and such so you can wake one early with drain then overwrite sleepga with 2 if on blm. Then just keep them all at <10% till weather pops. Immediatey kill them all gather another group fast get them somewhat down. If weather still up burn 2hr get anoter 5-9. Much better than killing 1-2 then watching weather depop on the 3rd kill
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [65 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
Server: Lakshmi
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2010-06-24 16:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I am trying to work on this damn staff but the Spiders are giving me problems. I can't ever find weather anywhere they are when i have time....
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-24 16:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The tree has been the best for me both times doing it.

Also there is a weather reporter in upper jueno for Zi tah which is the same weather. And it has weather rather frequently though it cycles between rain and thunder and double of both
 Ragnarok.Xellana
Server: Ragnarok
user: Xellana
By Ragnarok.Xellana 2010-06-24 17:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like there is another upgrade for this now.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Trial_1701

+17% instead of +15%
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-06-24 18:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

/em cry's over his dryad staff... ; ;
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-24 18:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said:
/em cry's over his dryad staff... ; ;
I feel your pain.

Was nice having 50 extra MP with my potency.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-06-24 18:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ya exactly , not mention the pain in *** it was geting that stupid staff.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-24 18:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said:
ya exactly , not mention the pain in *** it was geting that stupid staff.
I randomly found Roc up. Me and ex were fooling around with it since I'd never fought it. Some LS mates came, we zoned it to reset rage, and they killed. Let me have the staff since their WHM had it already.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-06-25 03:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I just like the title; Roc Star ftw.~

I got mine in nyzul so no title off of that one though. ;;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-25 03:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to kill Roc almost everyday right after simmy since no one really camped. Never got a drop but was fun
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-06-25 03:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

@OP There are not many true WHM out there and they just settle what is easy to get etc- it is the best for Cures. Potency is like Haste for melee- just can't get enough and always gobble up w/e ya can of it.
 Odin.Priscilia
Server: Odin
user: Priscilia
By Odin.Priscilia 2010-06-25 13:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering. As far as I heard (don't know if it's true or not) there are some areas that will be lvl cap 75 e.g. Nyzul. So if you go and augment your Teiwaz (Lv. 75) up to Surya's Staff (Lv. 80) and then you enter one of these 75 capped areas, will the effect be lost completely or will it be synced down to the Teiwaz stats (meaning: cure pot. 17% -> 15% or no pot. at all)? Because some items lose their complete stats and stuff only 1 Lv. synced down and others wont.
 Odin.Akhilleus
Server: Odin
user: akhilleus
By Odin.Akhilleus 2010-06-25 13:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Camp roc, wait for a maintenance, such as now, roc will pop in 3 hour time after you log on, find some pals and go camp it and dryad staff is a pretty decent drop rate, very nice for whm, sod teiwaz, unleass you have multiple 75 mages.
 Fenrir.Necrids
Server: Fenrir
user: Necrids
By Fenrir.Necrids 2010-06-25 13:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Savannah said:
I have to agree on this one, It's definitly the best weapon for whm cures.

As it was explained to me when I was attempting to do all the math b/c of all the upgrades I want/need to do...

Cure Potency >> Healing Magic Skill >> MND

which is one reason I dont understand other than haste why ppl use blessed mitts over AF hands, but that's another thread, time and place.

Overall, The trial staff is best, I myself cannot wait to also finish mine. Pair it up w/ the Shantotto legs and you can have some awesome cures I'd expect.

Just w/ legs every once and awhile i'm doing 820 Cure V's...and my gear isnt that speshul lol
i wouldnt really say that af hands are better than blessed mitts. i tried using my af+1 hands vs. my blessed mitts +1s and the difference in cures when i switched out only that piece was 4 more hp cured for a cure V. that is definately not significant to replace something like haste +6%. they both have the same amount of minus emnity and blessed mitts have slightly more mp than af. my cure Vs land for 945 btw with a pretty good cure potency set. does not include medicine ring or korin obi.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-25 13:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Priscilia said:
I was wondering. As far as I heard (don't know if it's true or not) there are some areas that will be lvl cap 75 e.g. Nyzul. So if you go and augment your Teiwaz (Lv. 75) up to Surya's Staff (Lv. 80) and then you enter one of these 75 capped areas, will the effect be lost completely or will it be synced down to the Teiwaz stats (meaning: cure pot. 17% -> 15% or no pot. at all)? Because some items lose their complete stats and stuff only 1 Lv. synced down and others wont.
I haven't tested it but...

1. Cure potency isn't supposed to sync down and hasn't so far.

2. I've yet to have any augement or set bonus sync down at all
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-06-27 02:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh... quote not working :[

Odin.Priscilia: I would probably just go ahead with the surya augments but keep a light staff on hand for sync.

Light staff is good for any light based magic, not just limited to cures, so it's probably a good idea to keep it around anyways especially if you've got multiple mage jobs leveled.

Odin.Akhilleus: I tend to use my dryad staff as part of a full mp set (which works wonders in short, fast paced situations where you don't get a chance to rest mp) since apollo's staff offers a pinch of mnd.
[+]
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-06-27 14:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kolvar said:
I am trying to work on this damn staff but the Spiders are giving me problems. I can't ever find weather anywhere they are when i have time....

I wasted hours in the tree before waiting on weather.

The best way to do this trial is to just watch the weather w/e you hang out in whitegate. If you are standing around seeking pt, crafting , doing nothing and weather pops up in town.. it will also be weather outside in bhaflau thickets.

Take the tower exit near the docks and kill spiders out there. Usually others do the same thing and will team up with you. Wind weather happens a lot also.

tl/dr When you see wind weather in whitegate go kill spiders in bhaflau thickets.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-27 16:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
Lakshmi.Kolvar said:
I wasted hours in the tree before waiting on weather.
And that's why you use the weather checking npc before you head out... seriously.

This gives a few advantages.

1. Even if it is only for a few minutes and it usually is you know if it will pop. While running out when you happen to see weather often leads to getting 1-2 spiders most the way down and then it depopping.

2. Because you know it will pop you can prep. Ie get 9 spiders (had a hard time getting more without having them depop) down to say <10% hp and keep them slept. Then as soon as weather pops kill and move on to some more before it goes away.

3. Plus after doing 2 staffs that needed spider weather kill I've seen weather in tree much much more often and it generally last a good min or 2 more plus it somewhat often can switch back and forth between water/thunder several times a day or just go to double.

4. The 2nd staff I did when I just started there and said hell with aht urghan areas took me all of about 5-6 hours total most of that time mostly afk just keeping mobs slept and/or resting

5. Somewhat unrelated but the last step is a killer. 150 elementals under light weather/day.
 Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Opehlia
By Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia 2010-06-30 01:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Teiwaz is awesome, all the cool kids are doing it.